glacierlilly1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Tired of Drinking Protein

Is anyone else out there sick and tired of drinking protein? I totally want to keep doing it because I want muscle growth RESULTS, but at the same time, I'm just disgusted with the stuff and I'm only on week six of my first program. I am leary of adding a bunch of stuff to it because I don't want to get fat, but can anyone speak to any similar experience and if they have found solutions to this?

Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by glacierlilly1 View Post
    Is anyone else out there sick and tired of drinking protein? I totally want to keep doing it because I want muscle growth RESULTS, but at the same time, I'm just disgusted with the stuff and I'm only on week six of my first program. I am leary of adding a bunch of stuff to it because I don't want to get fat, but can anyone speak to any similar experience and if they have found solutions to this?
    You can add a bunch of stuff to it without getting fat as long as you stay within your (hopefully predefined given that you're six weeks in) macronutrient goals.

I don't know what flavors you're working with, but you can add stuff like cinnamon, bananas, syrups, oats or really anything as long as you keep it reasonable.

Alternatively, you can just get all your protein from food instead, which will provide the same results if not better since real food usually has a better micronutrient profile.

There's a fairly common misconception among people new to fitness that the only acceptable source of protein is the powdered kind, which couldn't be further from the truth.
    self-proclaimed huguenot

live, laugh, send nudes

KaiSchafroth is a name known to all. (+5000) KaiSchafroth is a name known to all. (+5000) KaiSchafroth is a name known to all. (+5000) KaiSchafroth is a name known to all. (+5000) KaiSchafroth is a name known to all. (+5000) KaiSchafroth is a name known to all. (+5000) KaiSchafroth is a name known to all. (+5000) KaiSchafroth is a name known to all. (+5000) KaiSchafroth is a name known to all. (+5000) KaiSchafroth is a name known to all. (+5000) KaiSchafroth is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Starkk View Post
    You can add a bunch of stuff to it without getting fat as long as you stay within your (hopefully predefined given that you're six weeks in) macronutrient goals.

I don't know what flavors you're working with, but you can add stuff like cinnamon, bananas, syrups, oats or really anything as long as you keep it reasonable.

Alternatively, you can just get all your protein from food instead, which will provide the same results if not better since real food usually has a better micronutrient profile.

There's a fairly common misconception among people new to fitness that the only acceptable source of protein is the powdered kind, which couldn't be further from the truth.
    Starkk pretty much knocked the response out of the park. Long story short, don't assume that you have to be using a protein powder. It should be supplementing your already defined nutrition (macro/calorie targets) and not what you rely on. If you think you need to take another look at your nutrition I would start with these two stickies:
    The Journey (PL log) - /showthread.php?t=167321531
    IG - kaischafroth

148/67.5 sleeved
    Best Lifts - S: 375/170 B: 225/102 D: 465/210
    Last Meet - S: 375/170 B: 210/95.5 D: 441/200 @ 145bw 10/22/16
    First Meet - S: 347/157.5 B: 204/92.5 D: 441/200 @ 145bw 11/07/15

PAST LOGS/REVIEWS - /showthread.php?t=168726943

MickfaddenJr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    For breakfast almost everyday I eat about a 1/2 cup of oatmeal, 40g chocolate whey protein, blueberries and strawberries all mixed together and it's delicious. I don't really like drinking protein shakes either anymore. I still do but definitely don't look forward to them. It helps to find a protein brand and flavor that you like. Some are way better then others. I use Siren Labs Isolate - Decadent Chocolate and it pretty much tastes like brownie mix. But yea, try something like my protein bowl recipe, you might really like it. I genuinely look forward to that meal every time.

VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    what type of protein powder are you using? If you don't like the taste of the product you have, there are almost unlimited different options to choose from so you can get something you actually look forward to drinking each day
    I got no strings to hold me down
    To make me fret or make me frown
    I had strings, but now I'm free
    I got no strings on me

Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    This. You want whey? Buy some ricotta cheese and use it to make lasagna, gnocchi, ravioli, etc. Or you know, any other kind of high quality protein. There's that too.
    You can't help the hopeless.

Fat Girl Gets Fit: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168690083&page=1

Best Gym lifts: 375/225/445
    Best Meet lifts: 358/220.7/441,
    Best Wilks=415 (Old Wilks)
    Best Dots=429.01

Rob1882 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rob1882 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rob1882 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rob1882 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rob1882 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rob1882 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rob1882 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rob1882 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rob1882 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rob1882 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rob1882 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It's powdered food period

Eat more Lamb, beef, goat and chicken whole roast duck and goose

Originally Posted by Partyrocking View Post
    This. You want whey? Buy some ricotta cheese and use it to make lasagna, gnocchi, ravioli, etc. Or you know, any other kind of high quality protein. There's that too.
    pfft.. tsk tsk

bechamel >

Noob :P
    -- Microwaves everyday crew --
    -- 175+ lbs Lost Crew --

"If you don't like snickerdoodle, you're wrong"
    XF addict 4 lyfe also eats more Lamb than Lebanese Jesus

Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Try eating around 40oz of chicken, a half dozen eggs, oatmeal and rice all day long to hit your macros for a week and then get back to me. I could cry right now, all hail tasty protein
    self-proclaimed huguenot

live, laugh, send nudes

dazedncnfz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dazedncnfz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dazedncnfz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dazedncnfz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dazedncnfz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dazedncnfz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dazedncnfz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dazedncnfz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dazedncnfz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dazedncnfz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dazedncnfz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I could cry right now
    I got you...

Lead Forum Representative
    www.bluestarnutraceuticals.com

Stay Connected with Exclusive Content & Special Offers:
    ********: bluestarnutraceuticals
    Instagram: @bluestarnutraceuticals / @dazedncnfz
    YouTube: bluestarnutraceuticals

Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity.

Thanks Starkk...ug, was trying to count all my macros and got a little weirded out cuz I kept eating junk food....and going over my macros till I finally gave up. Sounds opposite of what I'm saying since I'm saying I don't want to get fat, I know, but it was like the more I focused on counting everything, the more I wanted to have junk food, self sabotage? so I had to back off on the macro counting for a while till I get **** figured out in my mind. I'm obviously not fat, but before lifting, I would just yo yo and restrict and end up with flat enough stomach, now I can't do that because I need to eat a lot to grow muscle. I'm totally down for doing all this but my will has to catch up I guess. I really liked your ideas, like cinnamon, and just more protein rich food. I have had the misconception cuz I thought I read you're supposed to have protein drink when you wake up and then both pre and post work out so on lifting days I was having three a day....UGH so gross. Sorry big long side bar.

Hi VaughnTrue - I have been using the musclemilk whey protein vanilla flavor...from Costco. Maybe I need to be willing to spend more $$$.

Try eating around 40oz of chicken, a half dozen eggs, oatmeal and rice all day long to hit your macros for a week and then get back to me. I could cry right now, all hail tasty protein
    Thanks - I already implemented - had a 5 egg italian omlet tonight for din. But for the all day long...I could try that. Brown rice?

Originally Posted by Rob1882 View Post
    It's powdered food period

Eat more Lamb, beef, goat and chicken whole roast duck and goose

pfft.. tsk tsk

bechamel >

Noob :P
    Woah, you really shake up the meat, don't you robb1882? Are you a farmer or hunter or something....where on earth are you getting the goat...a goat might make a nice pet. LOL. Were you calling me a noob?

Originally Posted by Partyrocking View Post
    Ah okay...thanks.

Originally Posted by glacierlilly1 View Post
    Thanks Starkk...ug, was trying to count all my macros and got a little weirded out cuz I kept eating junk food....and going over my macros till I finally gave up. Sounds opposite of what I'm saying since I'm saying I don't want to get fat, I know, but it was like the more I focused on counting everything, the more I wanted to have junk food, self sabotage? so I had to back off on the macro counting for a while till I get **** figured out in my mind. I'm obviously not fat, but before lifting, I would just yo yo and restrict and end up with flat enough stomach, now I can't do that because I need to eat a lot to grow muscle. I'm totally down for doing all this but my will has to catch up I guess. I really liked your ideas, like cinnamon, and just more protein rich food. I have had the misconception cuz I thought I read you're supposed to have protein drink when you wake up and then both pre and post work out so on lifting days I was having three a day....UGH so gross. Sorry big long side bar.
    I hear you. It helps if you don't buy any junk food, only keep healthy food in your house, etc. Also whenever you're hungry, drink a couple glasses of water. Usually hunger is actually thirst or boredom.

You definitely need to eat, but if you're eating healthy, it'll be a struggle to get 2,000 calories of healthy food down. At least it is for me. It ends up being quite a bit.

Leafy greens and veggies are great fillers, too.
    self-proclaimed huguenot

live, laugh, send nudes

I hear you. It helps if you don't buy any junk food, only keep healthy food in your house, etc. Also whenever you're hungry, drink a couple glasses of water. Usually hunger is actually thirst or boredom.

You definitely need to eat, but if you're eating healthy, it'll be a struggle to get 2,000 calories of healthy food down. At least it is for me. It ends up being quite a bit.

Leafy greens and veggies are great fillers, too.
    Thank you Starkk! Awesome advise. My boyfriend has two kids and while I've asked him countless times to not keep junk food, he stalks it with ice cream and chocolate and when I'm weak and tired at end of day...it's there and tempting and I'm weak.

Has anyone ever left a boyfriend because of this, I almost feel like it's getting that important for me and he chooses not to change - for kids or for himself. Am I too selfish? LOL.