nesaby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

must you eat those products to really buff up

I was just wondering if you really want to buff up and look more muscular if you need all those products that come in the jars/like shakes and detoxifiers?
    can you get there naturally- I mean by eating clean and just regular high protein diet

thanks

TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Well you definitely don't need any detoxifiers... if you want to get "reasonably buff" you can also pass on protein and all that industry stuff; the thing is - it's so very handy. To get better results from your hard work at the gym, a high protein meal 30-50 mins after the beginning of the w/o would be ideal. If you want to actually HAVE one, protein powder simply comes as a "natural" solution, since most of us don't have a kitchen at the gym.

If you want to be less than "reasonably" buff, you'll need some extra help in the form of less-than-healthy hormone supplements and roids, and by what you write, I bet you don't want to use them (and shouldn't ).

Current stats:
    67 kg / 167 cm / 25-27 %bf / 28 yo
    max lifts:
    bb bench press: 7 x 55kg
    lat pulldown: 5 x 60 kg
    squat: 8 x 60 kg

deracate chinese frower Mindi912's Avatar
    Location: Space Cadet City, ToughCookieVille, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TurbulentFluid View Post
    Well you definitely don't need any detoxifiers... if you want to get "reasonably buff" you can also pass on protein and all that industry stuff; the thing is - it's so very handy. To get better results from your hard work at the gym, a high protein meal 30-50 mins after the beginning of the w/o would be ideal. If you want to actually HAVE one, protein powder simply comes as a "natural" solution, since most of us don't have a kitchen at the gym.

If you want to be less than "reasonably" buff, you'll need some extra help in the form of less-than-healthy hormone supplements and roids, and by what you write, I bet you don't want to use them (and shouldn't ).
    I think you meant more than reasonably buffed chick.
    Perfection in mind, perfect body!

MMA Fight Record:

Amateur 1 - 0 - 0

Pro - 0 - 0 - 1 :(

deracate chinese frower Mindi912's Avatar
    Location: Space Cadet City, ToughCookieVille, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP - yes of course you can get everything you need from an extremely clean diet and do it that way. TF is correct though, it certainly helps to fill in the gaps.

I'm terrible at taking supps though so I know how you feel. I just try and keep my diet clean.
    Perfection in mind, perfect body!

MMA Fight Record:

Amateur 1 - 0 - 0

Pro - 0 - 0 - 1 :(

me987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) me987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) me987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) me987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) me987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) me987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) me987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) me987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) me987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) me987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) me987 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    With a balanced diet and proper training you can definitely bypass the need for supplements.

However when used properly, supplements can help a GREAT deal.
    Answers to common questions:
    Will this supplement make me big = i dunno, whats your diet like? (calorie surplus + right macronutrient intake)
    What supplements will help me increase strength = creatine + beta-alanine
    Whats some good noob supplements = diet + creatine + whey protein
    Estimate my BF% = Abs (<~12%) Non-Moobs (12%-~18%) Moobs (19%+)
    (\_/)
    (o.o)
    (")(") i rep back.

MT-mtn_girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) MT-mtn_girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) MT-mtn_girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) MT-mtn_girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) MT-mtn_girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) MT-mtn_girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) MT-mtn_girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) MT-mtn_girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) MT-mtn_girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) MT-mtn_girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) MT-mtn_girl will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Nope, you don't NEED supplements. I would have a very hard time getting my protein intake in for the day without shakes though, so they help me immensely.
    ~Missy: Loving wife to my super sexy husband (MT_fitness) and mommy to three beautiful girls.

Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.~C.S. Lewis

Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    No, you don't need those products and you don't even strictly need to eat "clean."

swindled has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swindled has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swindled has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swindled has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swindled has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swindled has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swindled has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swindled has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swindled has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swindled has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swindled has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by MT-mtn_girl View Post
    Nope, you don't NEED supplements. I would have a very hard time getting my protein intake in for the day without shakes though, so they help me immensely.
    I'm the same. To OP, its really the convenience of the shakes that people like and rely on. Its a lot easier to bring a shake to the gym than a chicken breast.

ives will become famous soon enough. (+50) ives will become famous soon enough. (+50) ives will become famous soon enough. (+50) ives will become famous soon enough. (+50) ives will become famous soon enough. (+50) ives will become famous soon enough. (+50) ives will become famous soon enough. (+50) ives will become famous soon enough. (+50) ives will become famous soon enough. (+50) ives will become famous soon enough. (+50) ives will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by swindled View Post
    I'm the same. To OP, its really the convenience of the shakes that people like and rely on. Its a lot easier to bring a shake to the gym than a chicken breast.
    This. Also easier to tweak your macro ratios when you have a source that is composed of basically 100% of one of the three (fat, carbs, protein). I can up my protein % with a shake more precisely than I could with, say, ground beef, because I don't have to take into account that the meat also ups my fat intake, etc.
    Sketchy Dude Outside Museum: "Yo, I'm selling candy for my basketball team..."
    Boyfriend: "No thanks, dude."
    SDOM: "You sure you don't want one for the pretty lady?"
    Ives: "The pretty lady doesn't eat candy. That's how she got so pretty."

Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Absolutely not. I don't even use protein supplements on a regular basis.

I do think some supplements can be helpful. As an example, sticking with the protein theme, if you don't naturally consume a lot of protein from natural sources a supplement can help until you figure out how to.

If you want to purchase supplements, I'd suggest you start with:

#1 You can't out-supplement a ****ty diet. So the most important thing is a good nutrition plan with lots of variety (including drinking plenty of water).
    #2 Multi Vitamin
    #3 Fat supplement depending on your habits
    #4 Protein supplement depending on your habits