Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    CFF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CFF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CFF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CFF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CFF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CFF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CFF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CFF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CFF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CFF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CFF has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

What is the best Olympic Bar?

This is both an easy and tough questions to answer. The easy answer is “Probably an Eleiko or Ivanko bar and it will run you more then a small car.” This, however, typically is not the answer most people are looking for. What we have to really determine is what the person is asking so I have to answer the question with a question. What are you going to do with the bar? We carry a wide range of Olympic bars, each with a specific purpose.

Olympic bar closeup on collarMost of the people who ask that question are looking for a general purpose bar. They want to do mostly static type movements. Static movements are things like the Presses and the Squats and usually the Dead lift falls into this category as well. This trend has been slightly skewed recently with recent surge of sport specific and high intensity styles of training such as CrossFit. This style of training not only does the static lifts but the dynamic lifts also known as the Olympic lifts. These consist of the Clean and Snatch lifts.

Troy Texas Power BarFor the power lifter the static movements are usually the focus. The weights on these lifts can be extremely high, into the several hundreds of pounds. You want a stiff bar without a great deal of whip (or flex). These bars are typically called power bars, and are sometimes referred to as a Texas Power Bar. They often are rated at 1500 or 2000 lb capacity. Some will have a 28mm grip some will have a 30mm grip and all will have medium to heavy knurling and center knurling. When it comes to power bars we recommend the Troy Texas Power Bar. It really does not have a comparison in the price range. With a great knurling, a 1 1/8″ (29mm) grip, and power markings, if you are looking to do power lifting you can not beat Troy in this department.

The Olympic lifts require a bar with more whip and collars that spin very freely and the good bars have needle bearings in the collar. The whip is to help absorb some of the weight as it is slung rapidly from the ground to the rack position or to the overhead position. It also will act somewhat like a spring in the pull part of the movement helping to get the weight moving rapidly upward. While this is important in the O-lift movements, you can see why this might be bad if you are doing dead lifts. You are pulling slow and hard with a great deal of weight, a whippy bar will sort of pull in the middle and then the weight will follow. You want whip for speed you want stiffness for slow. Typically a good O-lifting bar will have needle bearing or very free collars. This is important so you do not hurt your wrist as the bar turns under the weight to get in the rack or overhead position. If the collars do not spin free the person will not only be moving the weight up but around, but when the collars turn free it allows the bar to turn when pulling the wrist around and the weight stays stationary. York makes 3 great bars for Olympic lifting. On the inexpensive end is the Standard Needle Bearing Olympic Training bars. Really for the price you can not beat them. For serious training though we would recommend the USA Made Olympic Training Bars or the USA Made Elite Competition Olympic Bars.

The real issue comes when you have to combine the movements into one bar. Lets face it most people do not have $2000.00 to spend on two really good bars, one for the power lifts and one for the O-lifts. In fact most people do not want to spend $300.00 on one good bar! We always try to convince people that the money should be spent on the bar and buy inexpensive weight (note I did not say cheap weights). The bar is the connector and should be purchased well.

We feel that we carry two good all purpose bars that are affordable. While we carry two we only will sell one. Unfortunately in this department the one company had some issues with this style bar and while we sell all kinds of their products we just can not stand behind a bar that we felt had flaws and would not be covered by the companies warranty. So we recommend the Cap OB-86B bar.

The OB-86B is a 1200 lb capacity bar. It has enough whip and spin in the collars that you can do the O-lifts but is stiff enough to do the power lifts without noticeable lag. There are two other reasons we like this bar for mixed lifting. The first is that the bar itself if 28mm. There is another excellent bar that is on the market today that is specifically marketed as a mixed lifting bar that has a 30mm grip. While 30mm is OK for power lifts it is not good for doing a hook grip which is important for safe O-lifts. In fact women Olympic lifting bars are typically 25mm and weigh 15k (33lbs) for this very reason. The second is that it has no center knurling. There is nothing worse then catching center knurling on your throat or nose when trying to do an Olympic lift.

The CAP OB-86B is the bar that we regularly use ourselves and we have hundreds and hundreds of these bars being used across the country. While they are not the perfect bar, we feel that for the price you are getting more then what you have paid for.

So if you are looking for the best Olympic bar the answer is: “We have several. How are you planning on using it?”

blog.christiansfitnessfactory.com/what-is-the-best-olympic-bar/

Tags: barbell, cap bars, crossfit, ivanko bars, ob-86b, Olympic bar, olympic lifiting bar, power bar, texas power bar, troy bars, york needle bearing bar
    Last edited by CFF; 03-24-2010 at 05:26 PM.
    cff@christiansfitnessfactory.com
    “Nothing in the world is worth having or worth doing unless it means effort, pain, difficulty… I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life. I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well.”

― Theodore Roosevelt

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You should put together a chart like this. The steel tensile strength information is especially cool rather than a silly static rating like most sites give.

http://www.roguefitness.com/test/barsort_1.php

CFF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CFF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CFF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CFF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CFF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CFF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CFF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CFF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CFF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CFF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CFF has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Chart

[QUOTE=keyboardworkout;467399951]You should put together a chart like this. The steel tensile strength information is especially cool rather than a silly static rating like most sites give.

Thank you for the feedback. Will make one tomorrow.
    “Nothing in the world is worth having or worth doing unless it means effort, pain, difficulty… I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life. I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well.”

― Theodore Roosevelt

jprockjr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jprockjr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jprockjr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jprockjr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jprockjr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jprockjr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jprockjr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jprockjr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jprockjr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jprockjr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jprockjr is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    great info in this thread, should be a sticky.

MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    good read, learned a couple things but...

"Really for the price you can not beat them." and on your site that bar goes for $141.75 + 45.00 shipping so 186.75

and your 1500 lb bars are 175.50 + 45.00 shipping so 220.50

Troy 1500 lb Power Bar - $189.57 w/ free shipping.

http://www.homedecorating.com/Troy-B...B-TBT1165.html

and one of our members (mitrovski) that has already gotten me other good deals vouges for this site and has ordered this very bar, most of us use craigslist often, troys name holds its value much better than cap does also so at those prices i cant see any reason to buy

ive ended up on your site several times looking for promaxima stuff as have a few of my friends, your prices have kept us from buying every time though, theres just always much better prices out there

youre here to sell some stuff right? i know stuffs expensive and you have to charge a difference but if youre doing anything right you buy at wholesale prices and can pass on big savings with group buys and still make your money, how about you offer some group buys, hot items here are ghr's, concept 2 rowers, grip plates, olympic bars rated 1,000 or better, specialty bars, powerblocks, ironmasters, squat racks, fid benches off the top of my head

thats how i can see you winning with this crowd, the majority of us are deal hunters and craigslist users but do buy certain things new here and there, post something at a price that really cant be beat if we come up with 5, 10 or 20 or 30 people that want to buy, and make that happen, or just post some really unbeatable deals for individual buys

MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    also, cap says that bar is rated at 1,000 lbs http://www.capbarbell.ca/bars/ob86b.html

and is sold much much cheaper after shipping on a bunch of the first sites that popped up when i just searched, found it at fitness factory for $90.81 after shipping to me here in houston
    Last edited by MrHolman; 03-24-2010 at 07:15 PM.

Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've seen this article from CFF before. It's got some great info. Are you Noah that's posted it elsewhere?

Originally Posted by MrHolman View Post
    good read, learned a couple things but...

"Really for the price you can not beat them." and on your site that bar goes for $141.75 + 45.00 shipping so 186.75

and your 1500 lb bars are 175.50 + 45.00 shipping so 220.50

Troy 1500 lb Power Bar - $189.57 w/ free shipping.

http://www.homedecorating.com/Troy-B...B-TBT1165.html

and one of our members (mitrovski) that has already gotten me other good deals vouges for this site and has ordered this very bar, most of us use craigslist often, troys name holds its value much better than cap does also so at those prices i cant see any reason to buy

ive ended up on your site several times looking for promaxima stuff as have a few of my friends, your prices have kept us from buying every time though, theres just always much better prices out there

youre here to sell some stuff right? i know stuffs expensive and you have to charge a difference but if youre doing anything right you buy at wholesale prices and can pass on big savings with group buys and still make your money, how about you offer some group buys, hot items here are ghr's, concept 2 rowers, grip plates, olympic bars rated 1,000 or better, specialty bars, powerblocks, ironmasters, squat racks, fid benches off the top of my head

thats how i can see you winning with this crowd, the majority of us are deal hunters and craigslist users but do buy certain things new here and there, post something at a price that really cant be beat if we come up with 5, 10 or 20 or 30 people that want to buy, and make that happen, or just post some really unbeatable deals for individual buys
    First off, I am not here to sell stuff. That is not what this forum is for. It is to talk about equipment and give each other your opinion. To answer your link, I have a couple of problems with it. First, if that is the real price for the Troy AOB-1500, I would jump on it now. Second, I sell for troy and know for a fact it is not made in the USA; so I have a a problem with companies that falsely advertise. As for group buys, we offer gyms, rehabs, Police, Military, & Firemen (Current & retired), Schools, personal trainers, etc a discount on our website. As for C2 Rowers, no one touches our individual prices of $860 shipped (new). Olympic plates run around $0.69 a lb depending on the brand, as well as most of bars are the lowest online too. Then you said about GHD's and we carry probably one of the largest selections at the best prices. Our goal is to force other companies to lower their prices and if they can beat me with out price matching, then we are doing our job. One thing we do not do is price match. We give the best price the first time as well as regular discounts. The reason we do not price match or price beat is because to us that is a company lying to you. If a company tells you they can beat anyone's price then that means they did not give you the best price the first time and made you search and was taking advantage or ripping you off to start. It is not your job to search for the best price, but ours to give it to you the very first time.
    Lastly, your comment about Troy & Cap bars. Again, we sell both and one of the reasond we do not recommend the Troy AOB-1200B bar is because Troy does not warranty there bars against rust or bending. Cap has always stood behind their bars for us. Just don't buy a 500 lb bar and not expect it to bend with 400 lbs. A heads up, anything under 1200 lbs capacity and 125,000 tensile strength is a waste.

― Theodore Roosevelt

Article

Originally Posted by Riggaman View Post
    I've seen this article from CFF before. It's got some great info. Are you Noah that's posted it elsewhere?
    I am actually Christian. Noah works for me. It took about three days for us to write it because we wanted to be sure of the things we were putting down.

also, cap says that bar is rated at 1,000 lbs http://www.capbarbell.ca/bars/ob86b.html

and is sold much much cheaper after shipping on a bunch of the first sites that popped up when i just searched, found it at fitness factory for $90.81 after shipping to me here in houston
    The Cap OB-86B is a 1200 lb bar. Are you sure you are looking at the same bar?
    This is direct from Caps website:
    CAP Barbell's power bars are specially designed for power squatting and lifting. Each bar is designed to handle more than a 1000 pounds. Each bar is unique, providing a different look, feel and finish.

Item # Weight Capacity In. b/w collars Diameter
    OB-86SS 44 LB. 1500 LB. 51 1/2" 28.6 MM
    OB-86PBCK 44 LB. 1500 LB. 51 1/2" 28.6 MM
    OB-86B 45 LB. 1200 LB. 51 1/2" 28.6 MM
    OB-86PB 43 LB. 1500 LB. 51 1/2" 28.6 MM
    OB-86PBSZ 44 LB. 1500 LB. 51 1/2" 28.6 MM
    OB-86PBCK 2000 48 LB. 2000 LB. 51 1/2" 30 MM

I believe the bar you found for that price is the OB86B with out a dash. That bar is made by Body Solid and does not even come close to the Cap bar. If that is the bar you want, I can get it for you for a lot less, but it is junk and have it people relay that to me several times. The sleeves have a ton of movement and I have had several of those bars bend.
    Try tying in Cap OB-86B and I am sure you will find we are the lowest. But again, to add to the price, we will give 7% off the bar whether you buy one or 10 to anyone who goes on our site and notes, Christian said so. That will put this bar at $131.83 plus shipping. This is not just for bars but anything new on our site except for C2 Rowers and timers. These two products we already sell at our cost because they are a finishing item for most gyms we sell to and it does not hurt us to do so.

― Theodore Roosevelt

that sites listing is odd indeed but its like that sometimes to get the deals, mitrovski assured us he got the right bar, pic might have been wrong or listing but he got the troy 1500 for 190 and several of us are jumping on that

as far as price matching im all for it, i dont fault a business for trying to make money

and like i said, that bar the cap version, is sold on many other sites for less

save the pitch, beat the price

and yes on caps us site it says 1200 lbs, on the ca site it says 1,000 and both of there sites look really bad, which doesnt say much for the company

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    First of all, thanks for coming back to the site Christian, I know you've been kicked off a couple times....hopefully you don't get too carried away with the sales pitch this time because I do believe you're trying to do more than just sell.

Second, why are the C2's not listed on your site? I am/was in the market for one, but I'm pretty much locked in now. I ordered one from Rogue (they're local to me) and I'm picking it up shortly ($1040 for a D/PM4). I looked at your site when I was searching and just now and the whole Rower section is "empty" and no rowers come up when I use the advanced search for "Concept 2" anywhere on your site. Anyway, just curious. Not sure if your could've beat them, but am curious why you referenced them twice here, but don't offer them online......you may sell em cheaper, but nobody would know it.

Good luck here....please try to stay on the good side of the mods!
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #4 ▪█─────█▪

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

C2 Rower

Originally Posted by Keetman View Post
    First of all, thanks for coming back to the site Christian, I know you've been kicked off a couple times....hopefully you don't get too carried away with the sales pitch this time because I do believe you're trying to do more than just sell.

Second, why are the C2's not listed on your site? I am/was in the market for one, but I'm pretty much locked in now. I ordered one from Rogue (they're local to me) and I'm picking it up shortly ($1040 for a D/PM4). I looked at your site when I was searching and just now and the whole Rower section is "empty" and no rowers come up when I use the advanced search for "Concept 2" anywhere on your site. Anyway, just curious. Not sure if your could've beat them, but am curious why you referenced them twice here, but don't offer them online......you may sell em cheaper, but nobody would know it.

Good luck here....please try to stay on the good side of the mods!
    You have to call in for Rowers now because Concept 2 only wants them sold in store on not online. They don't even allow pictures of them. We just got hammered for having a picture of them on our site. We sell the C2 Model D PM4 for $1010 shipped. Sorry we were to late.

― Theodore Roosevelt

Originally Posted by CFF View Post
    You have to call in for Rowers now because Concept 2 only wants them sold in store on not online. They don't even allow pictures of them. We just got hammered for having a picture of them on our site. We sell the C2 Model D PM4 for $1010 shipped. Sorry we were to late.
    will keep that in mind

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Ah, ok....I have picked up that they seem to put a lot of constraints on the companies that sell them. It is unfortunate, I would've bought from you. If for some reason Rogue doesn't come through, I'll give you a call; thirty bucks is thirty bucks.

Thank you.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #4 ▪█─────█▪

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

Cap Bar

that sites listing is odd indeed but its like that sometimes to get the deals, mitrovski assured us he got the right bar, pic might have been wrong or listing but he got the troy 1500 for 190 and several of us are jumping on that

as far as price matching im all for it, i dont fault a business for trying to make money

and like i said, that bar the cap version, is sold on many other sites for less

save the pitch, beat the price
    I understand about getting a great deal, but what I am saying is why could they not of given you that price match before they new another companies prices. To us, they are lying to you when they say that is the best they can do and then add on the end but we can beat anyone's price. Then they are not doing the best to begin with and making you shop. What we are saying is we want to be the best to begin with so you don't have to shop. But in the end, if someone can beat us right out the door; discounts and all, then we tell you to buy from them because our goal is to get you the best price, not to sell to you. That is why you will find we are consistently the one of the lowest if not the lowest on most of our equipment.
    As for the Cap OB-86B (which is consequently not made in the US though it says it is) send me a link that is to the same bar (OB-86B not the OB86B) where the price beats us. I would like to see it. The Canadian sight you gave has no price listed and the $90 you gave is from the the Fitness Factory which is the Body Solid OB86B.
    By the way, someone mentioned on another thread that Cap is crap. In regards to plates it is, but there OB-86B 1200 lb bar is not. We have sold hundreds of them and only ever had one issue. To say even more about the bar, most of the companies and people that use them are Olympic lifting and dropping them and still have not had a problem. Now that to me is feedback on what a bar can really do. The bar that had problems was replaced by Cap immediately.

― Theodore Roosevelt

panicjunkie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I love my muscledriver nexgen bushing bar 299.00 shipped.great flex starting at about 280 lbs.I use this as an all around bar bench,cleans,deads squats.The ballance is just amazing too.I have an old school cap heavy,thick and way out of ballance as to where the knurling is,my old cap feels like i could get injured at max rep.my 2cents.

canteenboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    First off, I am not here to sell stuff. That is not what this forum is for. It is to talk about equipment and give each other your opinion. To answer your link, I have a couple of problems with it. First, if that is the real price for the Troy AOB-1500, I would jump on it now. Second, I sell for troy and know for a fact it is not made in the USA; so I have a a problem with companies that falsely advertise. As for group buys, we offer gyms, rehabs, Police, Military, & Firemen (Current & retired), Schools, personal trainers, etc a discount on our website. As for C2 Rowers, no one touches our individual prices of $860 shipped (new). Olympic plates run around $0.69 a lb depending on the brand, as well as most of bars are the lowest online too. Then you said about GHD's and we carry probably one of the largest selections at the best prices. Our goal is to force other companies to lower their prices and if they can beat me with out price matching, then we are doing our job. One thing we do not do is price match. We give the best price the first time as well as regular discounts. The reason we do not price match or price beat is because to us that is a company lying to you. If a company tells you they can beat anyone's price then that means they did not give you the best price the first time and made you search and was taking advantage or ripping you off to start. It is not your job to search for the best price, but ours to give it to you the very first time.
    Lastly, your comment about Troy & Cap bars. Again, we sell both and one of the reasond we do not recommend the Troy AOB-1200B bar is because Troy does not warranty there bars against rust or bending. Cap has always stood behind their bars for us. Just don't buy a 500 lb bar and not expect it to bend with 400 lbs. A heads up, anything under 1200 lbs capacity and 125,000 tensile strength is a waste.
    I found a deal for the Troy AOB-1500 from the CNS network of web stores. I believe they sell the same products under different websites. Cost was $189.97 including shipping. Just got delivered today so I'll check it out when I get home. Kind of a bummer if they claim made in USA if it's not. The bar was shipped from from Houston, TX where Troy is based so I hope it's the real deal.
    __________________________________________________ _________________________________________________
    Reply from Troy

The bar is a US made bar, as is our AOB-2000B (Texas Power Bar) and our AOB-1200B (1200lb test bar).

In Health,

James Newman
    Commercial Sales Manager
    Last edited by canteenboy; 03-25-2010 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Updated Info

Aob-1500b

Originally Posted by canteenboy View Post
    I found a deal for the Troy AOB-1500 from the CNS network of web stores. I believe they sell the same products under different websites. Cost was $189.97 including shipping. Just got delivered today so I'll check it out when I get home. Kind of a bummer if they claim made in USA if it's not. The bar was shipped from from Houston, TX where Troy is based so I hope it's the real deal.
    __________________________________________________ _________________________________________________
    Reply from Troy

The bar is a US made bar, as is our AOB-2000B (Texas Power Bar) and our AOB-1200B (1200lb test bar).

In Health,

James Newman
    Commercial Sales Manager
    You got a great deal! I know you did not get it from us, but let us know what you think of it. We love to get a true a opinion from the end users. If you would like we can post you feedback on our site or blog. That goes for anyone who want s to give feedback on the bar.

― Theodore Roosevelt

Troy AOB Bars

Originally Posted by canteenboy View Post
    Reply from Troy

In Health,

James Newman
    Commercial Sales Manager
    When someone is wrong they should admit it and so here it goes. I could have sworn that when I last spoke to my Troy reps they told be only the Texas Power Bar was made in the US (AOB-2000), but I just got off with them and they said all the AOB bars are made in the good old USA. I apologize for being wrong. Thank you for correcting me.

― Theodore Roosevelt

Mega_Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mega_Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mega_Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mega_Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mega_Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mega_Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mega_Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mega_Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mega_Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mega_Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mega_Man will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    As for C2 Rowers, no one touches our individual prices of $860 shipped (new).
    Wow, thanks for the info. I'm actually in the market for one and may have to give you guys a call.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit."

Looking for discount Controlled Labs products? PM me for details.

Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    When someone is wrong they should admit it and so here it goes. I could have sworn that when I last spoke to my Troy reps they told be only the Texas Power Bar was made in the US (AOB-2000), but I just got off with them and they said all the AOB bars are made in the good old USA. I apologize for being wrong. Thank you for correcting me.
    I'm glad the bar ended up being made in the USA. I purchased this same bar and while it wasn't the sole buying decision I feel that everyone (In the US at least) should buy American made anything if there is a comparably priced and effective product to be had (or in this case better!).

I cant comment completely on the bar as I've only had it a couple weeks and the truth will really come out the next time I max, but my 500 lb cap bar is now warped and this one is holding up just fine as its replacement. I like the snap ring(?) design on the end caps, but have not taken them apart yet. The knurling is more aggressive than my other bar, and I like the black oxide finish better than chrome. I actually prefer straight steel to chrome as well. The spin is better than the other bars I've had, but proabbly not as good as a bar made specifically for Olympic Lifting.

500 lb bars

Originally Posted by Mitrovski View Post
    I'm glad the bar ended up being made in the USA. I purchased this same bar and while it wasn't the sole buying decision I feel that everyone (In the US at least) should buy American made anything if there is a comparably priced and effective product to be had (or in this case better!).

I cant comment completely on the bar as I've only had it a couple weeks and the truth will really come out the next time I max, but my 500 lb cap bar is now warped and this one is holding up just fine as its replacement. I like the snap ring(?) design on the end caps, but have not taken them apart yet. The knurling is more aggressive than my other bar, and I like the black oxide finish better than chrome. I actually prefer straight steel to chrome as well. The spin is better than the other bars I've had, but proabbly not as good as a bar made specifically for Olympic Lifting.
    Any 500 lb bar is going to be a piece of just. If you have one you should expect it to bend as well as not spin well. I personally would suggest 1200 lb or more. I think you got a good deal. Look forward to getting feedback on it.

― Theodore Roosevelt

Bar Satistics

Originally Posted by keyboardworkout View Post
    You should put together a chart like this. The steel tensile strength information is especially cool rather than a silly static rating like most sites give.

http://www.roguefitness.com/test/barsort_1.php
    As requested, we have made up a bar stats page. Sorry it took so long. We still have more bars to add yet but here is most of them to start. Le me know what you think?
    http://www.christiansfitnessfactory....g=en&task=view

― Theodore Roosevelt

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    As requested, we have made up a bar stats page. Sorry it took so long. We still have more bars to add yet but here is most of them to start. Le me know what you think?
    http://www.christiansfitnessfactory....g=en&task=view
    Excellent.

Just add price and country of origin.

Bar Chart / Ivanko Bar

Originally Posted by keyboardworkout View Post
    Excellent.

Just add price and country of origin.
    Just re-did it and you can see it on the left side of the page about half way done. We added the price, but not the country of origin because technically, bar makers bars, make there parts one place and assemble them another place.
    http://www.christiansfitnessfactory.com/

On another note, I just got a Used Ivanko Stainless Steel Bar. I am still looking it over, but I believe it is either the OBS-20KG or the OBSNB-20KG. Either way, I have to say that it is one of the nicest bars I have ever handled. I don't usually test out $800 - $1300 bars but when they are used, this clean, and this nice a bar; I could not resist. To bad I already did cleans today because I could have used it then but I will make an exception this week and have to do cleans a second time just to get a real feel for the bar. Again, just the feel of it alone was great. I have never had a bar feel so balanced before in my life. Machined to perfection, the grip was perfect. Tomorrow, I will measure the shaft with calipers to assure the accuracy of the bar.

― Theodore Roosevelt

www.mutantfitness.com buffbrown21's Avatar
    buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Dang, I didnt know about the law enforcement discount last time I dealt with you guys. (I bought a pair of kettlebells and some accessories).

I am actually Christian. Noah works for me. It took about three days for us to write it because we wanted to be sure of the things we were putting down.
    I cant remember if I dealt with you or Noah, but whoever it was gets high marks for courtesy and professionalism. And of course, the prices were awesome.

Hmm..just noticed the Versaclimber on your website....
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member #14

www.ShankAZombie.com

Versa Climber

Originally Posted by buffbrown21 View Post
    Dang, I didnt know about the law enforcement discount last time I dealt with you guys. (I bought a pair of kettlebells and some accessories).

I cant remember if I dealt with you or Noah, but whoever it was gets high marks for courtesy and professionalism. And of course, the prices were awesome.

Hmm..just noticed the Versaclimber on your website....
    The Versa Climbers are one bad machine. They will beat you down. The only problem with Versa Climber is that they take 3 weeks to get. Unfortunately we are not allowed to list the price on our website, but they are about $100 less than Versa climbers website.

― Theodore Roosevelt

www.mutantfitness.com buffbrown21's Avatar
    buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The Versa Climbers are one bad machine. They will beat you down. The only problem with Versa Climber is that they take 3 weeks to get. Unfortunately we are not allowed to list the price on our website, but they are about $100 less than Versa climbers website.
    What kind of discount does law enforcement receive...or does it just depend on what is purchased?
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member #14

www.ShankAZombie.com

cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz
    I enjoyed this post a great deal as I've been mulling around getting a new bar. I'm doing a combo of Oly and PL lifts, so obviously I was trying to find a happy medium.

My question is, how well does the Cap bar do when being dropped over and over? I'll be honest; I'm very gun shy about any cap products at this point. I know Cap's 300# kit was not made to be the "best" quality....but it's really a POS bar (no offence to you or anyone else who has/sells the bars). I mean, I needed a weight set, and after the first day of using the bar, I knew it was not long for life in my lifting. Without just going on a tirade about the bar, I’ll just say; it’s hard for me to believe that a company that put as little amount of quality into their “starter” bar would put a substantially higher quality in their higher end bars.

Like I started out saying, I am curious how well the Cap bars do being dropped repeatedly, but I’m still very leery of the company as a whole. I just haven’t shut the door on them entirely…yet.
    "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"

The more I workout at commercial gyms, the more I hate commercial gyms.

Psalms 144:1
    Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.