senfing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Newbie Thread Need help... Which Supplement?

Here is the deal...

I'm 28 and went from 220LBs (Fat) to roughly 165LBs (Fat/Gut/Chest and Some Muscle)
    55LBs Loss by Dieting Extremely and Working out...

I'm currently taking GNC Megamen Sport, MV... (I know tons of people in these Parks hate GNC products but it's what I have been taking with what seems to have great effects.

The deal is I'm now almost at my goal weight of 155-160 and I'm looking for something now to to take as a daily like a Novedex XT or something that I will see some great results from leaning out and converting the fat I have left to muscle.

Any help or constructive criticism is must appreciated!

Thanks!
    Last edited by senfing; 03-24-2010 at 10:36 AM.

shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The reason people don't like GNC is because they tend to be very overpriced. It's not always true though.

But in the case of GNC multi's and GNC protein they are extremely overpriced, even at 75% off I wouldn't buy them. I've never seen a single GNC vitamin I'd personally use, even if I got them free. Which is a shame, since I'm able to get them very cheap at times.

That said, your question is about converting fat to muscle. Which does not happen. You can burn fat and you can build muscle. You don't turn fat into muscle.

Decide which you care more about, burning off more fat or building muscle. It's very hard to do both. Pick a goal and keep pushing towards it. Then once you've reached the goal you can switch gears and start working towards the other goal. This is the bulk/cut cycle. You bulk up, then you cut to lose the extra fat gained. Then you bulk again and cut again. Doing both at once is not efficient and is very slow.
    Latest Reviews:

My huge list of informative links: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=132306613

Xtreme Formulations UP2 Multi-Flavor Review!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129562583

shadar...

Thanks so much from the reply- I hear you on the overprice thing... I know that is most of the complaints then it goes to effectiveness and vs. threads...

I understand about the fat to muscle comment... I should say I'm happy with the weight I am now and feel like if I lose more I will be to small as I went from a 38 to a 32 waist and the wifey doesn't want me smaller (Even though I still have a little gut).

So I'm looking for a supplement that will help boost my muscle building workouts, lean some more just an overall daily to take on top of a MV to see greatest results.
    Last edited by senfing; 03-24-2010 at 10:46 AM.

How about...

Switching from MegaMen MV to Animal Pak

and starting Animal Stack 2...

Thanks for all the help!
    Last edited by senfing; 03-24-2010 at 01:22 PM.

Anyone = )

Originally Posted by senfing View Post
    Anyone = )
    Bump!

bgben is just really nice. (+1000) bgben is just really nice. (+1000) bgben is just really nice. (+1000) bgben is just really nice. (+1000) bgben is just really nice. (+1000) bgben is just really nice. (+1000) bgben is just really nice. (+1000) bgben is just really nice. (+1000) bgben is just really nice. (+1000) bgben is just really nice. (+1000) bgben is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by senfing View Post
    Here is the deal...

I'm 28 and went from 220LBs (Fat) to roughly 165LBs (Fat/Gut/Chest and Some Muscle)
    55LBs Loss by Dieting Extremely and Working out...

I'm currently taking GNC Megamen Sport, MV... (I know tons of people in these Parks hate GNC products but it's what I have been taking with what seems to have great effects.

The deal is I'm now almost at my goal weight of 155-160 and I'm looking for something now to to take as a daily like a Novedex XT or something that I will see some great results from leaning out and converting the fat I have left to muscle.

Any help or constructive criticism is must appreciated!

Thanks!
    Hey Bro sounds like you have done an amazing job on losing weight. I agree with the other guy, you can't turn fat into muscle. And most peoples goals are to either gain muscle are to lose fat. But there is one other option. Build lean muscle mass. Now the results will be a little slower, but you can build muscle and keep the fat off. To build lean muscle mass you need a few key things creatine is #1 for building lean muscle mass a high protien intake and amino acids. For me I am currently taking All American EFX line of supplements. And they are by far the best supplement brand I have ever taken in my life. I've never seen results from any other supplement brand as I do with All American EFX. You can get all the AAEFX supplements you want right here on bodybuilder.com and the prices will blow away GNC.

Depending on your budget and how much you’re able to spend. I would start with these supplements. In this order of priority. This is just my personal preference.

AAEFX Kre-Alkalyn Pro. The best creatine on the market.
    AAEFX NF Pro. This is your protein supplement
    AAEFX Cell Rush. This also has creatine in it and an energy boost that you may want.
    AAEFX LBA. This is a great protein amino acid blend
    AAEFX LG5 This is Glutamine. Combined with creatine it is an outstanding volumizer.