Mr.Hooligan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.Hooligan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.Hooligan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.Hooligan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.Hooligan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.Hooligan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.Hooligan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.Hooligan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.Hooligan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.Hooligan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.Hooligan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Team G Discussion Thread

Hey Guys,

Figured I could put together a thread for us to share information, ideas and motivate one another.

My name is John and I'm a teacher. I was previously working out 5x a week pretty heavy, and suffered a dislocated shoulder and in the process torn my lambrum. I am awaiting surgery, and in the process of physical therapy. I am currently only lifting lower body, and some small upper body muscle groups.

I ran my first half marathon in January on my 27th birthday. I trained for about 3 months seriously for it, and fell off the bandwagon right after. Just getting back into 5 mile runs, and feeling good as long as my pace is slow (9-10min/mile).

Currently following Dave Palumbo's Cutting Diet.

Official Day 1 Weight in 174lbs after eating an entire banana split as my final cheat meal Sunday night. Finished the night with a 5 mile run at 10:17 pace, burned 673 calories.

Day 2 - Workout day 1. Weighted in at 172 @ 14.7% BF according to skin fold caliper test. Worked Legs and Triceps. 5x5 of Standing Calf Raises, Seated Calf Raises, Squats, Lungues, Reverse Grip Tri Ext, and Tri kickbacks. 1 hr walk low intensity on the beach.
    12 Week Cutting Challenge
    3/22 174bs 14.7% BF
    3/29 173.5

papapreach has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Mr.Hooligan View Post
    Hey Guys,

Figured I could put together a thread for us to share information, ideas and motivate one another.

My name is John and I'm a teacher. I was previously working out 5x a week pretty heavy, and suffered a dislocated shoulder and in the process torn my lambrum. I am awaiting surgery, and in the process of physical therapy. I am currently only lifting lower body, and some small upper body muscle groups.

I ran my first half marathon in January on my 27th birthday. I trained for about 3 months seriously for it, and fell off the bandwagon right after. Just getting back into 5 mile runs, and feeling good as long as my pace is slow (9-10min/mile).

Currently following Dave Palumbo's Cutting Diet.

Official Day 1 Weight in 174lbs after eating an entire banana split as my final cheat meal Sunday night. Finished the night with a 5 mile run at 10:17 pace, burned 673 calories.

Day 2 - Workout day 1. Weighted in at 172 @ 14.7% BF according to skin fold caliper test. Worked Legs and Triceps. 5x5 of Standing Calf Raises, Seated Calf Raises, Squats, Lungues, Reverse Grip Tri Ext, and Tri kickbacks. 1 hr walk low intensity on the beach.
    Thanks for putting this up John! This will definitely help with accountability!!! I guess I'll go next;

I'm Gary, 33 (tomorrow actually), and I'm a pastor. Played HS football & have pretty much been a slug ever since. Got up to 285 lbs March of '09 and dropped 80 via-a totally unhealthy and stupid 900cal/day diet. Fell off the bandwagon in July '09 and slowly crept back up to 240 where I began again mid-Feb. Getting ready to start my 4th week of my newer, healthier diet & exercise at the gym.

Official day 1 wt - 224.2 (little water weight gain after a carb-up day Sunday). No workout (rest day)

Day 2 workout - Decline BB press; 1 warmup & 3 work sets x 6 reps to failure. BB bench press; 1 warmup & 3 work sets x 5 reps to failure. Flys; 1 warmup & 3 work sets x 4 reps to failure. Concentration curls; 1 warmup set & 3 work sets x 4 reps to failure. Preacher curls; 1 warmup & 2 work sets x 5 reps (near failure). Low intensity cardio (150 heartrate) on elliptical for 25 min.

Day 3; (today) weighed in at 223.8 - workout 10 min. warmup on elliptical @ 150 bpm, HIIT cycle for 15 min (1min jog, 30 sec sprint, 1 min jog, 30 sec sprint, 1:15 jog, 45 sec sprint x 3). 10 min cool down. 372 cal burned.

Hoping to hit 199 lbs in 12 weeks!
    Last edited by papapreach; 03-24-2010 at 09:34 AM.

NoTies has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    John, sorry to hear about the shoulder, glad to hear you stuck with it. Several years ago I let a knee injury take me out and just let myself go to no end.

My name is Mitchell, I'm an automotive broker. I actually started hitting the gym and cutting the junk out of my diet mid January, I was 340lbs. I'm doing heavy weights (5x5) and also started on the treadmill, I didn't know how bad I was till the first day trying to run, I ended up walking. 1 mile later I thought I was gonna die! Well now I'm up to running 3.3 mile loop by my house at least 5 times per week, I feel guilty when I don't go. As of Monday I'm 295lbs and going down at a steady rate.

Good luck to everyone!

Mitchell...

Mr.Hooligan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.Hooligan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.Hooligan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.Hooligan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.Hooligan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.Hooligan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.Hooligan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.Hooligan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.Hooligan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.Hooligan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.Hooligan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good work guys!

Updating for my 3/34 workout log
    20 minute low intensity cardio during recess with my kindergarteners

Did biceps and abs at the gym
    5 sets of alt db curls
    5 sets of leg raises
    5 sets of crunches
    5 sets of kneeling rope pulldowns
    3 sets of EZ bar curls

Played 45 minutes in a competitive co-ed dodgeball league

Feeling great so far, although I'm sore from leg day, and my abs are already on fire. I've been very good about following my diet thus far, and have just been reminding myself that the benefits of my hard work will pay off during my beach visits.

I'm glad you guys posted up, hopefully the rest of the team will follow suit. I wish you both the best of luck. There's alot of infomation on this board, and I urge you both to keep up the great work! I see you both have end goals, try to break that end goal down into smaller portions, like a half, and a quarter way point. That way, you'll know if you are behind or ahead of schedule.

According to my BF test, I have 14.7%, which equates to 25.5lbs of body fat. I'd like to lose about 12 pounds. Roughly a pound per week. I'm guessing the first few should come off easier than the end few. I will be turning up my cardio in an attempt to acheive my goal...putting me at about 160 / 7% bf.
    3/22 174bs 14.7% BF
    3/29 173.5

Way to go John! Keep it up, you'll drop that 12 in no time flat!

day 4 (3/25) workout;

10 min warmup @ 140 bpm on elliptical

Leg press: 1 warmup set, 4 work sets x 6 reps
    DB Squat: 1 warmup set, 4 work sets x 6 reps
    Leg curls: 1 warmup set, 5 work sets x 6 reps
    BB Calf raises: 1 warmup set, 6 work sets x 6 reps (killer)

Shoulder press: 1 warmup set, 1 work set x 6 reps, 3 work sets x 4 reps (ouch)
    Machine delt raises: 1 warmup set, 3 work sets x 6 reps

20 min cardio session at 150 bpm on elliptical

Iceberg56 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iceberg56 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iceberg56 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iceberg56 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iceberg56 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iceberg56 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iceberg56 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iceberg56 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iceberg56 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iceberg56 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iceberg56 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Team G! lets whoops some ass

look t saks gonna say something

TSak12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Ha

NO Hes not, Lets GET THIS ****!

Hey fellas! Another good workout this morning, liftin' heavy and hit the treadmill but only did 1 mile (usually 3). Heading out to the shop to wash and wax the wifes SUV, that'll be a good forearm workout by itself.

Oh, is Tsak12 new to our team? If so welcome!

Good luck everyone! Mitchell...

Bump...

No workout today (taking care of sick kid @ home), will makeup on Sunday.

Weigh in this am; 222.8

Good luck guys, stay with it!

EDIT: was able to squeeze in 5 min warm-up, 15 min HIIT, and 5 min cool down on elliptical. 2.4 miles total.
    Last edited by papapreach; 03-26-2010 at 12:24 PM.

Very busy day for me today, I managed to get in a mile and a half run this morning before meeting a client. Then spent several hours in the shop fabricating on the Jeep. All in all a good day. I'll be back at it tomorrow.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Mitchell...

Day 5 workout was excellent!

10 Min warmup on elliptical at 140 bpm - 135 cal burned

Traps:BB Shrugs: 1 warmup set, 4 work sets
    DB Shrugs: 1 warmup set, 4 work sets

Back: Cable Row: 1 warmup set, 4 work sets
    Narrow Grip Pull-Downs: 1 warmup set 3 work sets
    Back Extensions (Machine) 1 warmup set, 4 work sets

Triceps:Weighted Dips 1 warmup set, 4 work sets
    Tricep push downs: 1 warmup, 4 work sets
    Tricep push downs (rope): 1 warmup 3 work sets

Abs:Leg Lifts (3x15) Crunches (4x20)

25 min cardio on elliptical, 2.3 miles 250 cal. burned

Glad to see you guys are working hard.

I travelled 1500 miles in the past two days in my car to and from charlotte to visit my sick grandmother. While there, I was treated to some of my mothers cooking, and a meal at Chima....I literally ate my weight in steak.

I'm headed out the door now to go hit a heavy leg day...

I love reading your workout logs, makes me miss working shoulders and chest. My shoulder is starting to feel better, but I'm not pushing it. I'm assuming it will need surgery after a conversation with my physical therapist, he basically told me that his usual rotator cuff rehab is going to be "too easy" for me due to my physical strength. I think that im in good shape, but it was weird to hear that from a professional.
    3/22 174bs 14.7% BF
    3/29 173.5

Hey guys, I've been working hard and eating clean so I hope it shows on the scale tomorrow. I'll be hitting the gym late morning and posting up sometime after.

Good luck guys.

Mitchell...

Best of luck with the weigh in tomorrow! Let's do this!

Disappointing morning for me guys.

I only lost a half pound this week for official weigh in putting me at 173.5 for official weigh in. However, my co-workers told me the scale I was using wasnt accurate as it is moved by facilities to clean most days. I was as low as 170 on a home digital scale over the weekend.

I will be upping my cardio, as I'm starting to see that diet alone will not get me to where my goals have me. I need to lose exactly one pound of fat a week while maintaining muscle.

I have been lifiting heavy still, and was able to go up in weight for my second straight week squatting with good form. I know muscle weighs more than fat, so....maybe I'm adding muscle. I will be getting my skinfold bodyfat tested once every 3 weeks during the cut, so that number is more important to me than how much I actually weigh.
    3/22 174bs 14.7% BF
    3/29 173.5

Originally Posted by Mr.Hooligan View Post
    Disappointing morning for me guys.

I only lost a half pound this week for official weigh in putting me at 173.5 for official weigh in. However, my co-workers told me the scale I was using wasnt accurate as it is moved by facilities to clean most days. I was as low as 170 on a home digital scale over the weekend.

I will be upping my cardio, as I'm starting to see that diet alone will not get me to where my goals have me. I need to lose exactly one pound of fat a week while maintaining muscle.

I have been lifiting heavy still, and was able to go up in weight for my second straight week squatting with good form. I know muscle weighs more than fat, so....maybe I'm adding muscle. I will be getting my skinfold bodyfat tested once every 3 weeks during the cut, so that number is more important to me than how much I actually weigh.
    Sorry to hear, I only use the double beam scale at the gym for this reason. I think all scales read different.

So... I had a great workout and the scale tells me I'm 289lbs, that's down 6lbs for the week, sweet! Hard work and eating clean really works, getting results like this just motivate me even more.

Have a great week guys!

Mitchell...

Incredible results Mitchell! Congrats!

John, I'm kind of in the same boat you're in...went from 224.2 to 222.2 over the week but worked my butt off to get here, I was expecting more. For some odd reason my waist didn't shrink like it did the week before (lost 1.5" the first week, nothing this week) but my arms are somehow 1/2" bigger around biceps and forearms, so I guess I'm gaining some muscle (noob gains).

Still, for 1600 cal/day and heavy lifting & HIIT 3x per week I'm a little disappointed.

Here's to next week!

Got quite in here.

Hope everyone's still workin' hard and eating clean. Monday is just around the corner.

Mitchell...

Hey Guys...glad to see you bumped this up Mitchell.

I need some additional motivation. I'm lifting heavy, and liking what i'm seeing after almost two weeks in the mirror. But I'm actually gaining weight.

I took nearly two months off due to this shoulder injury. Now that im back, I'm lifting heavy for my legs, and most every other muscle group i hit progressively heavier each week, as I dont want to re-injure myself.

My diet has been following dave palumbos cutting diet, with a couple cheat meals. I'm doing nearly 45min to an hour of cardio a day, varied style from rolllerblading, running, biking, jump rope, to insanitys cardio programs.

I started at 14.7% bf, and my abs are starting to come in after two weeks, but the scale i use as school has jumped nearly a .4 lbs per day. I've been as low as 170, but im back up to 174.

What's my problem? Do I have a problem? haha.

I assumed getting to 160 would be easy considering the UFC fighters seem to drop 20 or so pounds to make weight from what they usually walk around at weight wise. I've always been at 170 give or take with varying body fat percentages.

I guess I should reevaluate my diet.
    3/22 174bs 14.7% BF
    3/29 173.5