pinkhun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pinkhun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pinkhun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pinkhun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pinkhun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pinkhun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pinkhun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pinkhun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pinkhun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pinkhun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pinkhun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wink Treadmill Training

Morning all

I need a good treadmill training schedule if anyone has one, I'm just starting to run again (I can't outside as I work long hours and I have no child care on an evening "plus its not safe running on my own on an evening"

I have a treadmill at home that I can use on an evening.

I don't really have a good plan, I can manage to run about 20 minutes (mixture of fast walking, inclines, etc)

Cheers

Charlotte
    www.catonaspoon.co.uk

Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by pinkhun View Post
    Morning all

I need a good treadmill training schedule if anyone has one, I'm just starting to run again (I can't outside as I work long hours and I have no child care on an evening "plus its not safe running on my own on an evening"

I have a treadmill at home that I can use on an evening.

I don't really have a good plan, I can manage to run about 20 minutes (mixture of fast walking, inclines, etc)

Cheers

Charlotte
    ^^
    What are your aims? Increase fitness? Speed? Endurance? Gain muscle? Lose fat? Just have fun?

pinkhun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pinkhun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pinkhun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pinkhun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pinkhun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pinkhun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pinkhun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pinkhun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pinkhun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pinkhun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pinkhun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks Emma, ive runs for years in the past and have just recovered from shin splints and a partial tear to the ligament!

I am aiming for more definition in the legs, so I guess fat loss initially.

I definately need to up my cardio, as I am just not physically fit, but am strong!

Hope that makes sense!

I need to basically run to help stamina and decrease fat accumulating on thighs and butt!

C
    www.catonaspoon.co.uk

Registered User coconuttree2009's Avatar
    coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks Emma, ive runs for years in the past and have just recovered from shin splints and a partial tear to the ligament!

I am aiming for more definition in the legs, so I guess fat loss initially.

I definately need to up my cardio, as I am just not physically fit, but am strong!

Hope that makes sense!

I need to basically run to help stamina and decrease fat accumulating on thighs and butt!

C
    I started with few minutes warm up of gentle jog or fast walking, the 5 x 1 min high incline walk, 1 min fast run and 1 min of recovery jog and few minutes of cool down.

Bonny_Lassie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bonny_Lassie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bonny_Lassie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bonny_Lassie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bonny_Lassie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bonny_Lassie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bonny_Lassie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bonny_Lassie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bonny_Lassie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bonny_Lassie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bonny_Lassie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Ok, heres a good workout. You said you'd like to get your thighs and butt involved so give this a try! You can modify times/reps etc depending on your level of fitness or the time you have available.

*Run 1K at the fastest speed you can maintain for this distance (i.e. don't sprint, but don't jog either. You should be VERY tired by the time you reach 1K)
    * Hit the stop button and get off the treadmill
    *Do 20 ATG bodyweight squats
    *20 alternating lunges (10 each leg)
    *10 press-ups (just to give the legs a wee rest!)
    *20 step ups (10 each leg)
    *20 pulsing squats

Then jump back on the treadmill and do it all over again! You can do the circuit as many times as you can manage, but it's pretty intense so prepared to have jelly legs at the end of it! Also, you can take say 5-10 seconds rest between exercises or 30seconds rest between each circuit......whatever feels right for you!
    "Procrastination is the thief of time"
    -Anon

"The best activities for your health are pumping and humping."
    -Arnold

"I do now what others won't - so I can have later what others can't."
    -Anon.

OMG!!!!!! bonnie lass - I have just done this (only managed twice - what a wuss)

My legs are shaking like a squatting dog! ha ha

Had to have a long sit down as my children were worried about my colour!!

Feel good though and now need to eat!

thanks

Charlotte (the exhausted mother of 2) x
    www.catonaspoon.co.uk

Bonny_Lassie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bonny_Lassie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bonny_Lassie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bonny_Lassie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bonny_Lassie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bonny_Lassie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bonny_Lassie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bonny_Lassie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bonny_Lassie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bonny_Lassie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bonny_Lassie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    OMG!!!!!! bonnie lass - I have just done this (only managed twice - what a wuss)

My legs are shaking like a squatting dog! ha ha

Had to have a long sit down as my children were worried about my colour!!

Feel good though and now need to eat!

thanks

Charlotte (the exhausted mother of 2) x
    Haha! It done the job then? Great workout eh? Plus you can be creative - incorporate a whole range of different exercises into the bodyweight circuit....you'll never have to do the same w/o twice if you don't want to!

Tell your kids I'm sorry for causing their mum to almost collapse !
    -Anon

-Arnold

-Anon.

Originally Posted by Bonny_Lassie View Post
    Haha! It done the job then? Great workout eh? Plus you can be creative - incorporate a whole range of different exercises into the bodyweight circuit....you'll never have to do the same w/o twice if you don't want to!

Tell your kids I'm sorry for causing their mum to almost collapse !
    ha ha - just about to watch desperate housewives (which i consider myself to be one - yeh right)

I have only just stopped shaking - not sure if this is a good thing or bad!! hee hee - tomorrow will tell x x

I'll do it again though, ah joy and pain x
    www.catonaspoon.co.uk

Lol! I'm watching DH too!

The shaking is a good thing-I luv when I get the shakes ! You may well be sore tomorrow....or get DOMS on Friday, but this is all good! And next time you do it you won't get the pain as bad!

Let me know how you feel 2moz X
    -Anon

-Arnold

-Anon.

Well, the day after, and ................ I feel great, no pain at all!

Strange - maybe the calm before the storm ha ha!

Got the accountant here for four hours today so at least im not sat there in pain - LOL.

See what Friday brings x
    www.catonaspoon.co.uk