Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Resident Pedal Masher robbie_vlad's Avatar
    robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Here' something I made tonight that I use as a morning meal or a snack any other time throughout the day:

1 cup of Fat-Free Yogurt (vanilla is my favorite)
    1/3 cup of raw oats
    1 diced banana

Mix all three and enjoy.

300 calories
    20g protein
    Is breá liom mo eagla.

Rescueme23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rescueme23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rescueme23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rescueme23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rescueme23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rescueme23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rescueme23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rescueme23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rescueme23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rescueme23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rescueme23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Great thread, In for later

telxos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) telxos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) telxos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) telxos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) telxos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) telxos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) telxos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) telxos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) telxos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) telxos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) telxos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    4oz chicken breast, cut thin
    1/2 cup uncooked brown rice, cooked
    garlic
    ginger
    couple slices of white onion
    olive oil
    soy sauce
    splenda or whatever

tbsp of olive oil in the pan with the heat on, add garlic, add ginger(or ginger powder) stir it around for maybe 10 seconds to infuse the spices in the oil, i throw in red chili powder too because I like stuff very hot. Add the chicken and fry it until done, add onions and cook them a bit..add the cooked rice, throw in some soy sauce, throw in maybe 2 packets of splenda..turn the heat on as high as the stove will go and keep stirring so nothing burns. Stir until the rice starts to clump up a bit.

Taste pretty much like chicken fried rice from a Chinese restaurant but basically like eating bland 4oz chicken breast and brown rice with a tbsp of olive oil.

mcarthur33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcarthur33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcarthur33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcarthur33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcarthur33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcarthur33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcarthur33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcarthur33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcarthur33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcarthur33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcarthur33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    First off, this thread is awesome. Subbed.

Secondly, went out and got Shirataki noodles tonight. I made a package w/1.75 servings of Classico spaghetti sauce and a couple of pieces of 45 cal wheat bread (w/garlic bread powder & I can't believe it's not butter spray). I loved it because I'm full. Girlfriend hated it because the texture was not that great. It was just too chewy (for both of us). I'll continue to eat it, but I'm pretty sure she's out. If you guys have any tips on how to change the texture, let me know. Would it help if the noodles were boiled for a while?

Anyway,

Shirataki Noodle Spaghetti & Garlic Bread

1 pkg Shirataki Spaghetti Noodles (40 Cal)
    1 serving (2 pieces) Sara Lee Delightful 45 Calorie Wheat Bread (90 Cal)
    1.25 servings (1/4 Jar) Classico Spaghetti Sauce (62.5 Cal)

Total Calories = 192.5 Calories (And I'm Full)
    Totals : Fat : 3.3g / 29.3 cals (17.5%), Carbs : 24g / 96 cals (57.4%), Protein : 10.5g / 42 cals (25.1%)
    Last edited by mcarthur33; 04-20-2010 at 04:07 PM. Reason: In-Depth Nutritional Info

nayr85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    During my last show prep I mixed Oatmeal, Cinnamon, Splenda Packet, and Egg Whites.

-Start out by putting a 1/4 cup dry oats with water in the microwave for about a minute.
    -Next mix about 1 and a half tablespoons of cinnamon and a splenda packet.
    -Then mix about 3/4 cup of egg whites
    -Throw back in the microwave for another minute.
    -Let sit for 5 minutes and enjoy.

** It is supposed to solidify a little bit kind of making it into a spongy oatmeal-- delicious it was kind of my crutch for those 12 long weeks ha

jimhightower is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimhightower is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimhightower is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimhightower is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimhightower is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimhightower is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimhightower is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimhightower is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimhightower is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimhightower is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimhightower is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Good ground beef/turkey/chicken can be used for anything: tacos, burritos, etc.

Based on preference of spice, but get a package of lean ground meat and add
    small amount of chili powder, garlic powder, salt, onion powder, pepper, a bit of pepper/garlic paste or sriracha. Sautee with onions and mushrooms and also add some GREEN CHILI could be canned, this makes a huge difference and adds some great taste

primestacks is on a distinguished road. (+10) primestacks is on a distinguished road. (+10) primestacks is on a distinguished road. (+10) primestacks is on a distinguished road. (+10) primestacks is on a distinguished road. (+10) primestacks is on a distinguished road. (+10) primestacks is on a distinguished road. (+10) primestacks is on a distinguished road. (+10) primestacks is on a distinguished road. (+10) primestacks is on a distinguished road. (+10) primestacks is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Tilapia w/ mixed veggies and rice. I'm not a chef by any means but I enjoy this a lot...

1 filet of tilapia spiced up with either lemon pepper or seafood rub.
    1/2 cup brown rice cooked in chicken broth.
    1cup frozen of frozen mixed veggies

I like to steam the veggies then throw them in with the rice. The chicken broth gives them a great taste.

primestacks is on a distinguished road. (+10) primestacks is on a distinguished road. (+10) primestacks is on a distinguished road. (+10) primestacks is on a distinguished road. (+10) primestacks is on a distinguished road. (+10) primestacks is on a distinguished road. (+10) primestacks is on a distinguished road. (+10) primestacks is on a distinguished road. (+10) primestacks is on a distinguished road. (+10) primestacks is on a distinguished road. (+10) primestacks is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Egg and cheese quesadilla. Simple but delicious.

1 whole wheat tortilla
    2 eggs
    1/2 jalapeno
    handfull of Sargento low fat mexican 4 cheese
    salsa

Dice up the jalapeno and mix it in a bowl with 2 eggs. Cook the egg/jalapeno mix then put it on the tortilla. Add cheese. Fold in half and put in conventional oven on toast to melt the cheease and get the tortilla nice and crispy. Dip in salsa and eat!! mmmmm....

mcarthur33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcarthur33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcarthur33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcarthur33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcarthur33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcarthur33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcarthur33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcarthur33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcarthur33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcarthur33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcarthur33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Insight View Post
    Well, if I were you I'd go with the tofu shirataki noodles instead -- they were invented to make the texture more palatable. They're still extremely low cal and are like 40 cals for the whole bag. Big deal.

I do usually boil them first and I think it does help.
    That's what I got. I didn't think there was any other type of Shirataki noodle. I didn't see anything that didn't say Tofu on it, at least. Anyway, I think I'll try boiling them.

jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs up Spicy hot chili!

Spicy HOT Chili

Ingredients
    1lb of Ground Turkey
    1 Packet Chili Mix
    1 Can Chili Beans
    1 Can of Red Kidney Beans
    1 Can of black beans
    3 Can of Sliced Stewed Tomatoes
    1 Small can of Tomato Paste
    3-4 Jalapenos
    ¼ Onion

Prep

Dice jalapenos, onion.

Cook

Cook ground turkey in large pot in pan….add Cayenne pepper and chili flakes. After turkey is cooked enough mix in everything else into a crockpot. Add a pinch of salt and pepper for flavor. Let cook in crockpot until it is hot enough.
    KettleBURN Fitness and Personal Training
    CrossFit Level 1 Trainer (CF-L1)

jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs up No BAKE cookies

Ok so I just made this recipe today and plan on trying it tonight....

NO BAKE COOKIES

Ingredients:
    * 1 3/4 cups Splenda
    * 1/2 cup skim milk
    * 1/2 cup butter (or olive oil)
    * 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (or chocolate whey protein)
    * 1/2 cup crunchy natural peanut butter
    * 3 cups quick-cooking oats
    * 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions
    1. In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, milk, butter, and cocoa. Bring to a boil, and cook for 1 1/2 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in peanut butter, oats, and vanilla. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto wax paper. Let cool until hardened.
    KettleBURN Fitness and Personal Training
    CrossFit Level 1 Trainer (CF-L1)

hey420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation Ridiculousy good spicy turkey burgers

Hi everyone. I'm new here and I love food (that could explain my pear like shape lol).

I found this recipe online a few days ago and I made it for dinner on Friday movie night and it was amazing. Here it is.

Ingredients:

1/2 cup chopped onion
    2 tablespoons reduced-fat plain yogurt
    1 1/2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce (if you like spicyness add more!)
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 garlic clove, minced
    1 pound lean ground turkey (get the leanest you can find...a bit more expensive but since it has lower calories/gram you can have MORE MEAT!!!)
    4 Kaiser rolls, split (also, look around for low cal ones.)
    Romaine lettuce (any type of lettuce will do)
    Tomatoes

Directions:

1) In a large bowl, combine the onion, yogurt, hot pepper sauce, salt and garlic. Crumble turkey over mixture; mix well.

2) Shape into four patties, each about 3/4 in. thick. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Serve on rolls with lettuce and tomato.

Tips----
    1) Before you start to make the turkeys into patties, rub a small amount of oil on your hands so the meat won't stick to your hands.

2) When the burgers are cooking, cover them so the burgers will come out nice and moist.

3) If you don't have a grill, putting them in a pan will work fine. Just make sure to use enough olive oil.

And here is the best part...the nutritional facts!

One serving equals 357 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 766 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein.

I know...a bit high on the sodium but that's something I will live with for having a really good freaking burger!

Hope you all enjoy!

mrpacijr is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrpacijr is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrpacijr is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrpacijr is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrpacijr is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrpacijr is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrpacijr is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrpacijr is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrpacijr is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrpacijr is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrpacijr is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm glad to see everyone is getting hip to the Shirataki Noodles I suggested. I still eat them on the regular, only thing I added differently lately is the chicken seasoning and a little bit of butter which doesn't change the calorie amount much at all but it does change the taste for the better. Of course you could always add garlic seasoning to them as well. And just in case you can't find them at your local store, many Asian Grocers usually carry them. And of course you can always order online...just google it.
    I lift real heavy weights all the time but unless you saw me in the weight room you'd never know because I eat way too much food and I can't figure out how to stop!

Il_Dago will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il_Dago will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il_Dago will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il_Dago will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il_Dago will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il_Dago will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il_Dago will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il_Dago will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il_Dago will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il_Dago will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il_Dago will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Tried making spaghetti with the shirataki noodles. Totally not ready to share with the rest of the class. Needs a lot of work. Main problems: My sauce needed to be thicker and the noodles needed to be rinsed more thouroughly to prevent sticking (maybe add some olive oil?). Will get back in the lab/kitchen this weekend.
    "You show me someone who got fat eating fruit and I'll show you someone with a deep fryer and too much time on their hands."

Y.K.K.M.M.F.

skateme is on a distinguished road. (+10) skateme is on a distinguished road. (+10) skateme is on a distinguished road. (+10) skateme is on a distinguished road. (+10) skateme is on a distinguished road. (+10) skateme is on a distinguished road. (+10) skateme is on a distinguished road. (+10) skateme is on a distinguished road. (+10) skateme is on a distinguished road. (+10) skateme is on a distinguished road. (+10) skateme is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Il_Dago View Post
    Tried making spaghetti with the shirataki noodles. Totally not ready to share with the rest of the class. Needs a lot of work. Main problems: My sauce needed to be thicker and the noodles needed to be rinsed more thouroughly to prevent sticking (maybe add some olive oil?). Will get back in the lab/kitchen this weekend.
    I've made spaghetti with them before and it turned out fabulous! I just rinsed the noodles in a colander for a minute or so using hot water. Then I squeezed the water out of them with paper towels (be prepared to use a lot) and then sprayed cal-free cooking spray (Pam but the HIGH HEAT!! one) into a pan and "dry roasted" the noodles for about 10 min. I'd shake and flip the noodles until I could hear squeaky noises. Once that was done, I used kitchen scissors to cut the long noodles into shorter more manageable strands (not too short though). At that point, I added the tomato sauce, garlic powder, etc until thoroughly heated and mixed. Finally, add the cheese. Mix/toss for 10-20 seconds.

packet noodles = 0 cals (although some links say its about 7 or so)
    1 cup tomato sauce = 60 cals
    1 tbsp garlic powder = 30 cals
    1 egg (for protein) or 2 egg whites = 70 cals
    0.5 cup - 1 cup cheese (I've used both 2% and fat-free. 2% definitely tastes better) = 90-300 cals

Absolutely awesome! I recommend fat-free cheese if you desperately want to cut cals.

P.S. you can thicken the sauce by either adding xanthan gum (not recommended) or using those stewed/crushed tomatoes. They are not as liquidy as straight up tomato sauce.

Il_Dago will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il_Dago will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il_Dago will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il_Dago will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il_Dago will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il_Dago will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il_Dago will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il_Dago will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il_Dago will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il_Dago will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il_Dago will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by skateme View Post
    I've made spaghetti with them before and it turned out fabulous! I just rinsed the noodles in a colander for a minute or so using hot water. Then I squeezed the water out of them with paper towels (be prepared to use a lot) and then sprayed cal-free cooking spray (Pam but the HIGH HEAT!! one) into a pan and "dry roasted" the noodles for about 10 min. I'd shake and flip the noodles until I could hear squeaky noises. Once that was done, I used kitchen scissors to cut the long noodles into shorter more manageable strands (not too short though). At that point, I added the tomato sauce, garlic powder, etc until thoroughly heated and mixed. Finally, add the cheese. Mix/toss for 10-20 seconds.

packet noodles = 0 cals (although some links say its about 7 or so)
    1 cup tomato sauce = 60 cals
    1 tbsp garlic powder = 30 cals
    1 egg (for protein) or 2 egg whites = 70 cals
    0.5 cup - 1 cup cheese (I've used both 2% and fat-free. 2% definitely tastes better) = 90-300 cals

Absolutely awesome! I recommend fat-free cheese if you desperately want to cut cals.

P.S. you can thicken the sauce by either adding xanthan gum (not recommended) or using those stewed/crushed tomatoes. They are not as liquidy as straight up tomato sauce.
    Wished I'd read this before dinner. Could have tried that stuff. Regardless, I made my second attempt and this time it was much better. I used the wide fettuccine noodles this time with much better effect. Instead of sliced chicken, I used ground turkey and made a meat sauce. The thicker sauce helped a LOT!

I didn't count calories, since I'm just labbing here, but here's what I did:

1lb ground turkey, seasoned with garlic powder, onion powder and "tuscan blend" seasoning, browned in pan.

Generic jar of roasted herb pasta sauce. Seasoned with garlic, oregano, parmesan and a splash of Merlot.

Browned meat, sauce and seasonings go into pot to simmer while I take care of the noodles. Last time I just drained them, but this time I put them in a small pot of salted water and stirred them to separate until the water started boiling. Helped the chewiness a lot.

Noodles into bowl, a few pumps of spray butter to keep them from clumping, meat sauce over the top, fresh grated parmesan cheese over the bowl, stir it up and serve it up.

Much, much, much better than first attempt. I'll nail it soon. I'm leaving half the sauce in the fridge overnight to see if that will thicken it up enough for this purpose. I feel really good about it!

I guarantee that this is the Italian in me. I can't stand my pasta not being absolutely excellent!
    "You show me someone who got fat eating fruit and I'll show you someone with a deep fryer and too much time on their hands."

Y.K.K.M.M.F.

pbfanatic321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pbfanatic321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pbfanatic321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pbfanatic321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pbfanatic321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pbfanatic321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pbfanatic321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pbfanatic321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pbfanatic321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pbfanatic321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Where do you guys buy your shirataki noodles? I checked Kroger and Meijers but none of them had it. I checked in the asian international section.

Originally Posted by pbfanatic321 View Post
    Where do you guys buy your shirataki noodles? I checked Kroger and Meijers but none of them had it. I checked in the asian international section.
    I get mine at Henry's Farmer's Market. At that store, they're in the deli refrigerator shelf with all of the other tofu. I've checked Fresh and Easy, Ralph's (Kroeger), Albertson's and Stater Bros and didn't find them at any of those 4 stores.

EDIT: Although they are gaining popularity, so more stores might be selling them in the future. The Ralph's near my place didn't sell Ezekiel bread until a few months ago.

Y.K.K.M.M.F.

sureshk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sureshk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sureshk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sureshk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sureshk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sureshk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sureshk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sureshk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sureshk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sureshk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sureshk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Here's a rough recipe for the homemade protein bars I make for myself:
    200g oats
    3 scoops whey
    3 egg whites
    about 100ml skimmed milk
    1 tbsp peanut butter
    4-5 medium bananas
    good helping of cinnamon and nutmeg (both ground) - depends on personal preference

puree the bananas (or leave them chunky - personal preference), then basically mix up everything in 1 big bowl.

bake in pre-heated oven, about 180^C for approx 30-40 minutes.

they are very tasty, moist, and very healthy.

above mixture should make approximately 16 bars measuring roughly 2cm/2cm/8cm. each should have approximately 110 calories, 2g fat, 8g protein, 14g carbs, depending on exact brands/ingredients used.

adjust protein added to suit what you want out of them. I usually have 2 for my morning snack, and they fill me up pretty good on my cut (1400 cals/day). Usually have them around 11am, and 2 fill me up till about 1pm.

Recipe could be modified slightly to turn them into a desert I think, maybe with a bit of low fat organic ice cream?? not tried this yet.

Zach1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zach1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zach1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zach1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zach1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zach1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zach1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zach1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zach1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zach1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zach1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Not so much a recipe, but I stumbled across meat free burgers yesterday and the nutritional contents seem pretty good (plus great for vegetarians too):

Per Burger:

Calories: 157
    Protein: 20.4
    Carbs: 7.4
    Fat: 5.1
    Saturates: 0.6

A couple of these = +40g protein!

http://www.quorn.co.uk/products/Quarter_Pounder.aspx

Modest_Force is on a distinguished road. (+10) Modest_Force is on a distinguished road. (+10) Modest_Force is on a distinguished road. (+10) Modest_Force is on a distinguished road. (+10) Modest_Force is on a distinguished road. (+10) Modest_Force is on a distinguished road. (+10) Modest_Force is on a distinguished road. (+10) Modest_Force is on a distinguished road. (+10) Modest_Force is on a distinguished road. (+10) Modest_Force is on a distinguished road. (+10) Modest_Force is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I just tried this and loved it. I though I'd share.

Peanut butter with cinnamon splenda

2 slices whole wheat bread ~130 calories
    1 tbsp. peanut butter ~ 100 calories
    I can't believe it's not butter spray ~ 0 calories
    Cinnamon mixed with splenda to taste ~ 0 calories

Make your pb sandwich and let it get hot on a Foreman grill. It takes about 2-4 minutes, more or less depending if you like the grill lines on the bread. Now, add the butter spray and cinnamon splenda to taste. Delicious!
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Obsessed" is just a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.

Food Network is my porn.

Hakuna Matata.

Only "broscientists" use the term "broscience." I'm ok with being wrong, but calling "broscience" on me just doesn't cut it. Back up your claims.

enzuiguri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by pbfanatic321 View Post
    Finally saw these at Meijer. Check in the produce section near the tofu.

thrashertm will become famous soon enough. (+50) thrashertm will become famous soon enough. (+50) thrashertm will become famous soon enough. (+50) thrashertm will become famous soon enough. (+50) thrashertm will become famous soon enough. (+50) thrashertm will become famous soon enough. (+50) thrashertm will become famous soon enough. (+50) thrashertm will become famous soon enough. (+50) thrashertm will become famous soon enough. (+50) thrashertm will become famous soon enough. (+50) thrashertm will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by enzuiguri View Post
    Finally saw these at Meijer. Check in the produce section near the tofu.
    The ones at Meijer are made of tofu and higher in calories than the real ones. I use these - they show 0 calories on the packaging.

http://www.asianfoodgrocer.com/produ...rataki-noodles

Originally Posted by thrashertm View Post
    The ones at Meijer are made of tofu and higher in calories than the real ones. I use these - they show 0 calories on the packaging.

http://www.asianfoodgrocer.com/produ...rataki-noodles
    True, but the entire packet is only 40 cals. Compare that to 175 cals for 8oz of whole wheat pasta. I'll take the tofu anyday.

Holy crap! 10 pack of tofu shirataki fettucini on that website for $17.99! Repped for saving me money!

Y.K.K.M.M.F.

MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Il_Dago View Post
    To thicken the sauce, just add a can (or half) of tomato paste, that should thicken it up. As for sticky noodles the reason noodles stick is because most people don't do it the way we Italians do it: You cook them, drain them and immediately throw them in with the sauce. If for some reason you can't do it that way a little olive oil will keep them from sticking, however, the sauce may not stick to the noodles either. Best thing is to go from the pot to the strainer to the sauce. Don't let the noodles cool and don't rinse them.
    Vikings--Wolves-Gophers
    ***United----MNUFC***
    *****Celiac Bruh*****

DoitsuJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoitsuJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoitsuJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoitsuJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoitsuJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoitsuJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoitsuJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoitsuJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoitsuJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoitsuJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoitsuJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Tried the banana ice cream (one frozen banana, scoop, 1 oz milk) and the protein pancake (1/2 cup egg, 1 scoop protein with choice of condiment)

Both taste great and I will recommend both to anyone! The banana especially tastes the equivalent of a sick dessert.

InMyBelly is on a distinguished road. (+10) InMyBelly is on a distinguished road. (+10) InMyBelly is on a distinguished road. (+10) InMyBelly is on a distinguished road. (+10) InMyBelly is on a distinguished road. (+10) InMyBelly is on a distinguished road. (+10) InMyBelly is on a distinguished road. (+10) InMyBelly is on a distinguished road. (+10) InMyBelly is on a distinguished road. (+10) InMyBelly is on a distinguished road. (+10) InMyBelly is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Just a couple snacking recipes I came up with, all below 180 cal each:

tuna spinach salad
    * 1/2 cup Flaked Light Tuna
    * 1 1/2 cups Spinach
    * 1/4 cup Cucumber
    * 1/2 cup Peppers, Sweet, Red
    * 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
    * 1/4 tsp Black Pepper

Toss all of these together.

Calories 164
    Total Fat 1.4g
    Total Carbohydrate 9.1g
    Sugars 5.75g
    Protein 28.26g

Low Fat Cream of Mushroom Soup

* 1 cup Skim Milk
    * 1/2 cup Cremini Mushrooms
    * 1/2 cup Water
    * 1/4 cup Onions
    * 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
    * 1/2 Chicken Boullion Cubes
    * 1/4 tsp Spices, Cayenne Pepper

chop mushrooms, mix together, simmer until mushrooms go soft

Serving Size: 2 cups
    Calories 136
    Total Fat 0.04g
    Total Carbohydrate 19.38g
    Sugars 14.08g
    Protein 11.93g

MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Pork and Cabbage:

1 bag of coleslaw mix
    3/4-1 pound of pork loin
    1 small onion
    2 tbsp of cider vinegar
    1/2 can of low sodium chicken broth
    1 clove of garlic chopped
    add pepper to taste ( I suggest about 1/2 tsp).
    1 tbsp of olive oil

add oil to hot large pan, throw in the pork and cook until nearly done and add the onion and garlic. Cook onion and garlic until done. When meat and onion is done add the cabbage to the pan and pour the broth over the cabbage. Bring to a simmer and cook until cabbage is done. Sprinkle vinegar over the cabbage/meat mix and add pepper also. Mix and serve.

4 large servings

236 calories
    5g carbs
    7g of fat
    33g of protein

You could also add an diced apple if you want, but it ups things a little:

260 calories
    11g carbs

others are the same
    Vikings--Wolves-Gophers
    ***United----MNUFC***
    *****Celiac Bruh*****

ZailZ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZailZ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZailZ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZailZ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZailZ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZailZ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZailZ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZailZ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZailZ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZailZ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZailZ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Peanut butter Yogurt

Half cup plain yogurt
    2 tbsp Peanut butter
    1 tbsp Splenda
    2 tbsp water

MIX

Schlot16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schlot16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schlot16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schlot16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schlot16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schlot16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schlot16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schlot16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schlot16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schlot16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schlot16 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

"Burrito Bowl"

I've been living off of this recipe for the last 3 weeks, and I love it - its great if you love chipotle/ hotter foods!

6 oz chicken breast- diced
    1/4 cup of shredded cheese
    Chunky Salsa
    1/2 Red or Green Pepper cut up
    Chili Powder, Black Pepper, Ground Red Pepper

Optional:
    1/2 cup of brown rice
    Hot Sauce / Pepper Sauce

I cook the chicken and red or green pepper on the stove top for a few minutes,
    while it is cooking I add in the spices above. If you are using rice, put in a bowl, followed by the chicken/peppers. Add salsa on top, sprinkle the cheese over it, add some hot or pepper sauce on it, and then microwave it again for another 25-30 seconds..

I haven't been eating many carbs lately - so I dropped the rice.. turns into a 300 calorie "burrito bowl" if you will, with plenty of protein!
    Schlot16's Workout Journal: The Journey Continues
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170330081