Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Right Mentality Necesary! ReedT's Avatar
    ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Jicama Chips

I've grown up eating this veggie for years as I'm sure others from tropical climates have as well. Jicama (also known as a Yambean) is a low cal veggie and has the same crunchy texture as a water chestnut and a very refreshing flavor to it without all the sodium you find in canned water chestnut. My family shreds it with some other vegetables and eat them in raw (unfried) springs rolls. With the wave of health conscious spreading everywhere, many previously hard to find exotic veggies are now in your local super market. I found mine at Bigg's and I know they can also be found at my Meijer.

I looked up recipes and found that you can make them into Chips, fresh and fried, depending on your taste and macros.

Fresh Spicy Jicama Chips
    Serves 10
    Per serving: Carbohydrate: 2.2 g Protein: 0.3 g

Ingredients
    1 jicama, peeled, quartered, and thinly sliced
    1/3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
    1 teaspoon chili powder
    1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper Salt to taste

Place the jicama slices in shallow glass dish and toss with lime juice; allow to marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature. Drain the chips and transfer to a serving platter; sprinkle with chili powder, pepper, and salt. Serve immediately with your favorite dip.

Fried Jicama Chips
    Serves: One
    Carbs Per Serving: 6 grams carbs
    Prep Time: 10 minutes or less
    Effort: Easy

Ingredients:
    1/2 of a medium Jicama
    Seasonings of choice
    Peanut Oil (or other oil suitable for high heat frying)
    DO NOT USE OLIVE OIL Olive Oil is a low heat oil and not suitable for this type of frying

How to Prepare:

Peel and rinse 1/2 of one globe of jicama. Slice paper thin, using one of those “as seen on TV” type vegetable slicers if you can. They give you the thinnest slices. Otherwise use a very sharp knife and slice carefully and thinly.

Blot excess moisture from slices. Use enough oil to cover bottom of large skillet and to cover the slices, about 1/4″ deep should do it. Heat oil, but do NOT OVERHEAT. Medium high should work fine for most stoves.

Add jicama slices in a single layer. You won’t get them all done in one batch. Fry each batch until you have browning around the edges, then remove to paper towels to drain while the next batch fries.

The chips shrink considerably.

While still warm sprinkle them with pepper, salt, low carb seasonings, parmesan cheese, whatever you like, but lightly.

If you make the slices thin enough and fry carefully these chips come out so delicate and crunchy.
    "It doesn’t matter what you’ve heard
    Impossible is not a word
    It’s just a reason for someone not to try"
    -Kutless "What Faith Can Do"

(Proper Diet+Correct Training Program)^EFFORT= Results!

Most people walk around like Clark Kent because they don't know they can fly like Superman

mattkilla420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mattkilla420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mattkilla420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mattkilla420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mattkilla420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mattkilla420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mattkilla420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mattkilla420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mattkilla420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mattkilla420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mattkilla420 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Steak n egg omelet

2.5 oz sliced sirloin steak. 180cals, 7.3g fat, 40 protein, 0 carbs
    5 southwest style egg beaters- 150 cals, 0 fat, 25 protein, 1 carb
    1/4 green pepper-6 cals 0fat, 0 protein, 1carb
    2 small chopped mushrooms- 4 cals 0fat, 0 protein, 0 carbs
    1/4 chopped red onion- 10 cals, 0fat, 0protein, 2 carbs
    2 teaspoons sun dried tomatoes- 30 cals. 3.5 fat (canola oil), 0 protein, 1 carb
    2 servings of salsa of your choice- 20 cals, 0 fat, 0 protein, 4 carbs

spray some calorie free cooking spray on a skillet and turn heat to medium.
    put 1 and 1/4 cup of egg beaters in skillet and proceed to put cooked steak and all other ingredients besides salsa in middle of the egg beaters.

once the bottom of the egg beaters is cooked enough where to eggs are not running, fold the edges with fork or other utensil until the bottom of the egg edges are now on top. press down with fork to continue to cook the inside and cook until desired. put on plate serve with salsa and enjoy the deliciousness of steak and eggs

total calories: 400, fat:10.8, protein: 65, carbs:9

Cuts like an emo kid AtleastItried's Avatar
    AtleastItried will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtleastItried will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtleastItried will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtleastItried will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtleastItried will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtleastItried will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtleastItried will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtleastItried will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtleastItried will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtleastItried will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtleastItried will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Love this thread. Subbed for laters!
    Try not. Do or do not. There is no try.

"There are no limits. There are plateaus, but you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. If it kills you, it kills you. A man must constantly exceed his level". ~Bruce Lee

hungarian_boss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hungarian_boss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hungarian_boss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hungarian_boss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hungarian_boss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hungarian_boss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hungarian_boss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hungarian_boss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hungarian_boss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hungarian_boss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hungarian_boss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    In.

I guess I'll add to this. If you don't mind asparagus and Garlic.

Asparagus w/Mushrooms, Garlic and Chicken
    15 min recipe
    2 tbsp olive oil
    2 cloves of garlic
    1/2 cup asparagus
    1 oz of chicken(cut into 1 inch cubes)
    1/2 a cup of mushrooms

Chop the ends of the asparagus off. Boil them for 5-7 minutes. Not too long or else they'll be mushy.
    Chop 1 clove of garlic into a pan. Add one tbsp of olive oil, and mushrooms.
    Bring pan to medium heat. Cook until mushrooms are finished.
    In another pan add chicken, one clove of garlic, 1 tbsp of olive oil
    Cook chicken until it is done.
    Combine mushrooms, asparagus, and chicken into one pan.
    Sprinkle some herb seasoning if you'd like. Maybe some Mrs. Dash.

This recipe is very lenient. You can decide to not boil the asparagus, in order to keep all the vitamins, and instead just cook it with the mushrooms/chicken.
    The amount of garlic is up to you.
    You can keep the chicken as a whole piece.
    If you don't like asparagus, you can substitute for broccoli, the options are endless.

calories:227, carbs:11g, fats:10g (depending on amount of oil/type of oil)protein: 14g
    Mech E. Miscer

PSN: hungarian_boss

Rand Paul 2016

10k+

gymbabe90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymbabe90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymbabe90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymbabe90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymbabe90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymbabe90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymbabe90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymbabe90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymbabe90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymbabe90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymbabe90 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by wlknier View Post
    Fajitas
    yummmmmmmmmmmm
    SQUAT! Because somewhere out there... a girl is warming up with your max.

badfishin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) badfishin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) badfishin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) badfishin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) badfishin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) badfishin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) badfishin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) badfishin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) badfishin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) badfishin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) badfishin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

for those of you that dont have time to cook, try this.

Cottage Cheese & Salsa:

1-2 cups (depending on hunger level) of Cottage cheese (1-2% is my favorite) + a few tbsp of your favorite salsa (spicier the better for me)
    Just mix both together in a bowl (I have graduated to simply a coffee cup)

It takes a minute to make and very cheap. I find myself eating it for lunch almost everyday at work (although most people think it sounds horrible) It is actually delicious!

my boss has actually started eating it everyday and he is down 15 lbs just by substituting it for lunch

Sometimes I add in diced chicken breast for a little extra protein, but it is great either way.

1 cup with 2 tablespoons of salsa:
    Calories: 190
    Fat: 5g
    Carbs: 10g
    Protein: 28g

Enjoy!
    Last edited by badfishin; 03-30-2010 at 09:13 AM.

PinkLilStar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PinkLilStar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PinkLilStar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have a tip for the Shirataki noodles...

After rinsing like CRAZY, lay out some paper towels (or many) and pat them as dry as you can get them. It helps the texture out quite a bit and they don't seem as slimy when you eat them. They're also great in soup, if you're into that kind of thing. Otherwise I usually just melt a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese on it (they have 35 calories in the light variety - Garlic Herb is pretty tasty) and a splash of milk.

bieltan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bieltan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bieltan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bieltan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bieltan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bieltan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bieltan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bieltan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bieltan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bieltan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bieltan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm gonna start combining these into a printable recipe book & post it. +reps to everyone whose posted something so far.

P.S. I really cant wait to start cooking tonight lol

Bobs16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bobs16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bobs16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bobs16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bobs16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bobs16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bobs16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bobs16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bobs16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bobs16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bobs16 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Chili

Ingredients
    1lb of Ground Turkey
    1 Green Bell Pepper
    1 Red Bell Pepper
    3 Fresh Jalapenos
    1 Can of Red Beans
    1 Can of black eyed peas (or any other bean of your choice)
    1 Whole Onion
    1 Can of Sliced Tomatoes
    1 Small can of Tomato Paste

Prep
    Dice bell peppers, jalapenos, onion.

Cook
    Cook ground turkey in large pot (no need to strain). After turkey is cooked enough mix in everything else. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer and cover. It will look thick but the water in the veggies should smooth it out, if not add a bit of water. Add a pinch of salt and pepper for flavor. Also if you like spicy food like me now is a good time to add cayenne pepper. Stir occasionally for 45 mins veggies should be done.

This held me over for dinner, lunch, snack, and dinner the next night.

brandnewday is on a distinguished road. (+10) brandnewday is on a distinguished road. (+10) brandnewday is on a distinguished road. (+10) brandnewday is on a distinguished road. (+10) brandnewday is on a distinguished road. (+10) brandnewday is on a distinguished road. (+10) brandnewday is on a distinguished road. (+10) brandnewday is on a distinguished road. (+10) brandnewday is on a distinguished road. (+10) brandnewday is on a distinguished road. (+10) brandnewday is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    kinda like a chinese food stir-fry

4-8 oz chicken breast diced
    85g broccoli
    asparagus or whole green beans
    sliced peppers

put all in good sized cooking pan with about 1 inch of water
    cook on medium high heat

while stiring, season with garlic salt and cajun seasoning

when chicken looks about done, drain water and place in bowl of choice
    sprinkle some pepper and more garlic salt/cajun to taste

then add 1-2tbsp soy sauce

quick, easy, tasty, filling
    enjoy.
    "Your body is the only thing you carry with you from the moment you are born until your very last breath."

Staples:
    - Protein Pancakes w/ Walden
    - Almond Butter
    - Cake Batter Optimum Whey

nareshisking will become famous soon enough. (+50) nareshisking will become famous soon enough. (+50) nareshisking will become famous soon enough. (+50) nareshisking will become famous soon enough. (+50) nareshisking will become famous soon enough. (+50) nareshisking will become famous soon enough. (+50) nareshisking will become famous soon enough. (+50) nareshisking will become famous soon enough. (+50) nareshisking will become famous soon enough. (+50) nareshisking will become famous soon enough. (+50) nareshisking will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Baked Chicken Breast Stuffed with Spinach and Cottage Cheese.

6 servings

Ingredients:

6 Chicken Breasts (large)

For Stuffing:

A big bunch of spinach

Cottage Cheese

1 Egg

1 Clove Garlic chopped

Black Pepper

Salt

Olive Oil

Balsamic Vinegar

Coating:

Italian Dressing

A1 steak sauce

Dijonnaise Mustard

Cider Vinegar

2 Tbsp each

Method:

Take breast and lay a piece of cling wrap or plastic over. Use a meat mallet or a rolling pin to flatten it. Try to get an even thickness.

Sauté spinach in olive oil, garlic, salt, black pepper and balsamic vinegar. It will cook down to very little. Let it cool.

Transfer to a pan and add in cottage cheese and egg and mix it well.

Take about 3 Tbsp of the mixture and put it on the flattened meat.

Roll the meat up and secure top and sides with toothpicks (soak them in water before hand)

Coat baking tray with Spray on Olive oil. If you don’t have this any oil will do. Just spread a good amount around.

Transfer chicken to coated tray.

Mix coating ingredients and spread over chicken.

Pop in the pre heated oven for 20 mins on 200 degrees Celsius.

Post Notes:

I made my recipe as healthy as possible. You can substitute the cottage cheese for feta or shredded parmesan to make it tastier.

If you have time marinade the chicken to give it more flavoring. Marinade with olive oil , garlic and anything acidic (lemon juice/cider vinegar/yoghurt). Oil gives it moisture and the acidic bit tenderizes it. Marinade AFTER flattening.
    "Rise and rise again until lambs become lions."

nareshnaresh.com
    ^^Godsite^^

http://nareshontrack.wordpress.com/

mattkilla420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mattkilla420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mattkilla420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mattkilla420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mattkilla420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mattkilla420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mattkilla420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mattkilla420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mattkilla420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mattkilla420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mattkilla420 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by nareshisking View Post
    [img]http://nareshontrack.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/3826725640_a28c459167_b.jpg?w=460&h=306[img]
    damn dude this **** right here, this **** right here sounds amazing. i will try it this week.
    Last edited by Emma-Leigh; 04-06-2010 at 01:03 AM.

Plan: Lean>Swole>Ripped Iron Chicano's Avatar
    Iron Chicano will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron Chicano will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron Chicano will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron Chicano will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron Chicano will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron Chicano will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron Chicano will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron Chicano will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron Chicano will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron Chicano will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron Chicano will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Where can I find those noodles? Looked today but couldn't find them.
    ~Sh!tty Chest Crew~
    My Double-T 10 Week Challenge Log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=122543661
    Cutting till theres nothing left.

Plan: Lean>Swole>Ripped Iron Chicano's Avatar
    Iron Chicano will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron Chicano will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron Chicano will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron Chicano will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron Chicano will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron Chicano will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron Chicano will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron Chicano will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron Chicano will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron Chicano will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron Chicano will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Fuuuu. Not one of those close by. Guess I won't have those for now. I restocked some supplies today and got some of the recommended products. The Mrs. Dash is awesome.
    ~Sh!tty Chest Crew~
    My Double-T 10 Week Challenge Log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=122543661
    Cutting till theres nothing left.

Beacher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beacher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beacher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beacher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beacher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beacher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beacher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beacher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beacher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beacher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beacher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by badfishin View Post
    for those of you that dont have time to cook, try this.

Cottage Cheese & Salsa:

1-2 cups (depending on hunger level) of Cottage cheese (1-2% is my favorite) + a few tbsp of your favorite salsa (spicier the better for me)
    Just mix both together in a bowl (I have graduated to simply a coffee cup)

It takes a minute to make and very cheap. I find myself eating it for lunch almost everyday at work (although most people think it sounds horrible) It is actually delicious!

my boss has actually started eating it everyday and he is down 15 lbs just by substituting it for lunch

Sometimes I add in diced chicken breast for a little extra protein, but it is great either way.

1 cup with 2 tablespoons of salsa:
    Calories: 190
    Fat: 5g
    Carbs: 10g
    Protein: 28g

Enjoy!

I never liked cottage cheese (trying it twice on it's own), I decided I'd try this, now I'm having it for a 2nd day in a row, I love it, thanks!

Beacher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beacher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beacher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beacher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beacher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beacher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beacher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beacher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beacher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beacher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beacher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Insight View Post
    Forgive that I've posted this in 3 threads so far, but you guys most of all would benefit from it

I went to whole foods and picked up two bags of these (it was like $5 for 2 bags). I got the "tofu kind," which are mixed with tofu as well. So they do have some cals from the tofu (40 cals for the whole bag, still very low).

I figured they'd go well in chicken soup. Something like ramen, but with these noodles instead. So I figured I'd use a packet of ramen, threw out the noodles, and used just the packet of flavoring instead.

This is exactly what I bought:

Then I drained and rised them. Since you guys said they can be "slimy" I loaded them up in a sieve and rinsed under the faucet at full blast for a long time. Here's basically what I did:

I then boiled 2 cups of water as if I was gonna make ramen, and then instead of throwing in the ramen noodles, I threw in the shirataki noodles instead. I also decided to throw in 3 egg whites as well to make Egg White Drop Shirataki Noodle Chicken Soup. Here's the end result:

The only problem: I didn't realize that these noodles weren't going to absorb water like the regular ramen noodles, so I ended up with too much water and "diluted soup." I sprinkled in some powdered chicken bouillon and that fixed that.

This entire meal basically ended up having about 100 cals in it (40 cals from the noodles, ~50 from the egg whites, ~10 from the chicken boullion). It had 14g protein, 9g carbs (5 "net" carbs because 4 of them are fiber) and 1g of fat. If I had ditched the egg whites and used regular shirataki noodles instead of the tofu kind, it would have had like 10 cals overall.

THE END RESULT:

I'm at 1300 cals for the day and now I'm stuffed. The noodles were a bit "firmer" than regular noodles (maybe "chewy" is the word) but for the most part they tasted like regular noodles. I really actually liked the chewiness for this particular dish. I dunno if it would work so well to make italian pasta or something but it worked epically here.

It basically tasted like I was actually eating ramen. The noodles were not "slimy" at all.

I'm actually having to force myself to get down enough protein and will probably finish today at a 1000 cal deficit - 500 less than my usual target - without feeling hungry at all.

Mind=blown.

So, in short, these were an epic success. Try them in soup. If you don't want the sodium from the ramen packet or prefer to eat more organic or natural or "healthy" you can make your own chicken soup base, but this works well as a proof of concept.
    I keep reading about these noodles, after reading your post, I think I'll buy some tonight. Thanks!

scotties123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scotties123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scotties123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scotties123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scotties123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scotties123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scotties123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scotties123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I thought the soy in tofu is bad to have too much of when working out? Doesn't it cancel out the effects of testosterone?

Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by scotties123 View Post
    I thought the soy in tofu is bad to have too much of when working out? Doesn't it cancel out the effects of testosterone?
    no.

Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Inspired by Insight, I thought I would share something I make many variations of... And today I wanted something pretty low cal.... so -->>

Spinach-Wakame-Mushroom-Shirataki-Cheese-Egg-Thing

Reheat frozen spinach in microwave. While cooking - place wakame and mushrooms in a mug and pour over boiling water. Allow to rehydrate. Rinse noodles.
    Add all above together - squeezing out excess water then place above ingredients into a griddle pan on medium heat. Stir frequently so as to prevent sticking.
    While that is cooking, separate eggs and whisk until firm. Fold through protein powder.
    Spread egg mix over ingredients and stir lightly to coat pan.
    Turn heat down and allow egg mix to firm, then flip and cover with cheese, pepper and potassium salt. Fold and allow to continue to cook through.

Using about.caloriecount.com and their recipe analysis (hence the codes)
    Recipe
    100g frozen spinach, cooked and drained weight [11464]
    10g wakame, dry weight [104334]
    10g dried mushrooms, dry weight [11268]
    100g shiritaki noodle, rinsed [128705]
    4 egg whites
    10g pea protein (used soy on recipe analysis - much the same macro's) [16122]
    30g low fat cheddar cheese [1168]

Nutrition Facts
    Calories 246
    Total Fat 3.6g
    Total Carbohydrates 20.4g (Dietary Fiber 9.4g)
    Protein 36.7g
    ^

If you wanted more fat/ protein then add a whole egg or two... It also goes really well with a dollop of peanut butter....

BNR is a name known to all. (+5000) BNR is a name known to all. (+5000) BNR is a name known to all. (+5000) BNR is a name known to all. (+5000) BNR is a name known to all. (+5000) BNR is a name known to all. (+5000) BNR is a name known to all. (+5000) BNR is a name known to all. (+5000) BNR is a name known to all. (+5000) BNR is a name known to all. (+5000) BNR is a name known to all. (+5000)
    subbed, great info
    Overrating the Underrated
    49ers/Lakers/USC/Dodgers/Kings
    ✰ OFFICIAL MISC RUNNING CREW ✰

scotties123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scotties123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scotties123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scotties123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scotties123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scotties123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scotties123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scotties123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So lately I've been trying to come up with some meal ideas to get a little meal variation. I found a can of Rosarita Spicy Jalopeno Refried Beans in my closet and checked the nutrtion. Apparently it's pretty good for cutting because serving sizes are based on half a cup and very little is used to get a flavorful spread. Might be a good option for those (like me) that love spicy food.

Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size: 1/2 Cup
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amount per Serving

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Calories 100 Calories from Fat 15

% Daily Value *
    Total Fat 2g 3%
    Saturated Fat 0.5g 2%
    Cholesterol 0mg 0%
    Sodium 580mg 24%
    Total Carbohydrate 18g 6%
    Dietary Fiber 5g 20%
    Sugars 1g
    Protein 6g 12%

Calcium 4%
    Iron 8%

Est. Percent of Calories from:
    Fat 18.0% Carbs 72.0%
    Protein 24.0%

SicilianFool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SicilianFool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SicilianFool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SicilianFool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SicilianFool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SicilianFool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SicilianFool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SicilianFool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SicilianFool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SicilianFool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SicilianFool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I just got really bored and wanted to come up with something new with my oats.

I took a little bit of splenda and dissolved and boiled it in water, to make like a simple syrup. Afterwards I soaked my oats a bit just until they could be packed into a ball. I took the syrup and mixed it into the oats and then rerolled the balls. Finally I rolled them in my protein powder. Idk if this idea was posted somewhere in here but these things are pretty awesome and 1 pretty much gets rid of any junk food craving I have.

JIAR is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JIAR is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JIAR is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JIAR is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JIAR is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JIAR is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JIAR is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JIAR is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JIAR is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JIAR is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JIAR is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    this is making me hungry lol

patouk is on a distinguished road. (+10) patouk is on a distinguished road. (+10) patouk is on a distinguished road. (+10) patouk is on a distinguished road. (+10) patouk is on a distinguished road. (+10) patouk is on a distinguished road. (+10) patouk is on a distinguished road. (+10) patouk is on a distinguished road. (+10) patouk is on a distinguished road. (+10) patouk is on a distinguished road. (+10) patouk is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Anyone got any more good ideas.

I bought some of them noodle things yesterday, wanting to use them tonight. Anyone got any good suggestions what to have with them?
    Height: 6ft
    BF% 5%
    Weight: 157 lbs.

Height: 6ft
    BF% 11%
    Weight: 179 lbs.

Originally Posted by patouk View Post
    Anyone got any more good ideas.

I bought some of them noodle things yesterday, wanting to use them tonight. Anyone got any good suggestions what to have with them?
    Bought them today as well and gave them a try for lunch. All I can say is that it I have never felt so full from so few calories lol. I bought some celery to go with it. Here's what I did:

1 cup chicken broth (15 cals)
    1 full bag Shirataki noodles (40 cals)
    1 stalk celery (20 cals)
    4oz chicken breast (120 cals)
    Put the noodles in a pot by themselves for about 5 minutes, just to get a little cooked, then threw in the broth and celery, brought it to a boil for about 10 min, and that's it. In about 15 minutes I had a very filling meal that totaled under 200 cals and still got about 30g protein from it. I hope the soy from the noodles doesn't have too many negative effects because I'll be eating these every day lol.

I also bought some low cal Ragu pasta sauce (~15 cals/half cup) and low fat shredded Mozarella cheese (15 cals/half cup) to make a spiggetti type of dish when I want to mix things up a bit. That should total about 300 cals with 6oz chicken.

jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000)
    This has been put on here but I have modified the protein pancake a few ways.

Blueberry Protein pancake (with blueberries):
    2 scoops vanilla whey
    1/2 cup egg whites
    splenda to taste
    Blueberries (1/2 cup)

Whisk ingredients and then add to a pan that has been sprayed with PAM. Put blueberries on top....cook and flip (shut the burner off when you flip) I use Walden Farms Zero cal/carb pancake syrup or Smuckers Sugar Free syrup.

Blueberry Protein pancake (withOUT actual blueberries):
    2 scoops vanilla whey
    1/2 cup egg whites
    3-4 tsp Walden Farm Blueberry pancake syrup
    splenda to taste

Fiber Protein Pancake:
    2 scoops vanilla whey
    2 tsp flax meal
    1-2 tsp psyillium husk
    1/2 cup - 3/4 cup egg whites
    splenda to taste

These pancakes are all low in carbs, so if you want extra carbs with these, I suggest adding: OATS, Wheat Germ, etc....to them.
    KettleBURN Fitness and Personal Training
    CrossFit Level 1 Trainer (CF-L1)

Protein Powder Cookie
    Ingredients
    1/2 scoop whey protein powder
    1/2 tsp approx. of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray
    1 splenda packet
    splash or two of water
    pumpkin pie spice (optional)

Directions
    - Mix protein powder, butter spray, splenda, and water in a bowl with a fork until it forms a ball (You might have to work at it for awhile or adjust how much of each ingredient you use).
    - Microwave for 25-45 seconds until it puffs up and cooks like a cookie.
    - Sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice if desired.

Nutrition
    Depends on whey - roughly:
    Calories 65
    Total Fat 1.0-1.5g
    Total Carbohydrates 2.5-3g
    Protein 10.5-12.5g

thrashertm will become famous soon enough. (+50) thrashertm will become famous soon enough. (+50) thrashertm will become famous soon enough. (+50) thrashertm will become famous soon enough. (+50) thrashertm will become famous soon enough. (+50) thrashertm will become famous soon enough. (+50) thrashertm will become famous soon enough. (+50) thrashertm will become famous soon enough. (+50) thrashertm will become famous soon enough. (+50) thrashertm will become famous soon enough. (+50) thrashertm will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Here are my favorite cutting recipes, which I eat daily on the way to a 16000-1700 calorie diet (100 calories mid-morning and mid-afternoon snacks)

Sweet potato pancakes - these are so filling I can usually skip my morning snack.
    1/2 cup oatmeal (regular old fashioned, not instant)
    1/3 cup egg beaters
    2 tbsp cottage cheese (1% or less)
    1/2 of a medium sweet potato, or 1/3 of a large (already baked, peel on)
    1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
    1/2 cup of water or so, until batter become smooth
    1 tbsp nutmeg and 1 tbsp cinnamon
    blend it up and fry with no calorie olive oil spray. I put 1/2 cup of blueberries on it, and Walden Farms pancake syrup

Without the blueberries, it's 459 calories with 50g of protein. This is extremely filling, and I'm not sure you'll be able to eat the whole serving.

Quick breakfast oatmeal
    1/2 cup regular oatmeal (microwave w/ 1 cup water for about 2 min)
    1 tbsp natural peanut butter
    1 scoop chocolate protein powder (could probably sub vanilla and then add some cinnamon)
    1 tbsp cocoa powder (10 calories)
    1 serving of instant non sugar pistachio or chocolate pudding
    406 calories with 33g of protein with the cocoa and pudding.

Alternate approach: on the oatmeal breakfast - Same ingredients, but instead don't cook the oatmeal. Instead, mix the other ingredients into a nice smooth goo. I use thick oats for extra chewy.

Ultimate cottage cheese snack -
    1/2 cup 1% or fat free cottage cheese
    1 serving of Jell-o instant pudding - I like Pistachio, Vanilla, and Butterscotch for this. Chocolate is nasty for this.
    1 packet of Equal sweetener
    (optional: 1 tbsp of natty peanut butter)
    (optional: cinnamon)
    mix in water until you reach the desired consistency
    209 calories with the pb.
    You can also make this with greek yogurt and lemon or banana pudding, leave out the PB, and add in a 1/2 cup of blueberries or raspberries!

Desert Snack
    Mix 2 tbsp raw cocoa powder Herschey's Special Dark is the best (20 calories) with 2 packets of Splenda or Equal, mix with and 1.5 tbsp of water. Mix thoroughly and eat with a spoon. It's rich, so I eat it very slowly in tiny bites. If you don't add too much water, the consistency will be like frosting.

For Middle Eastern salad dressing (Google fattoush salad) This is under 400 calories usually.
    mix 1 part lemon juice (I get it from the bottle) and 2 parts water, with sumac powder. Sprinkle some sumac powder on the salad too. Sumac powder is $4 a pound, and can be had from any good middle eastern grocer or online. Calories for this are very minimal.

Another option - mix 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar with 1 packet of Equal sweetener (can usually be picked up free from restaurants) with 1 teaspoon of dijon mustard. I normally will put this on mixed greens, some red onion, green/red pepper, and chicken breast. For a bonus, add fruit like strawberries, blueberries, raspberries. I normally eat 1/4 of a large sweet potato and splash some dressing on this as well. This is <500 calories.

Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thank you so much for this thread!

KyleSlim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KyleSlim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KyleSlim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KyleSlim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KyleSlim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KyleSlim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

I'm going to have to try that banana ice cream thing lol
    Originally Posted by susy99 View Post
    You speak just like my ex-professor at my university hehe!! so formal!

I have used few recipes from an amazing site, which I will post in so that everyone can check it out.

These are few I have tried

Frozen Banana Protein Ice Cream

Ingredients

* 1 frozen banana, cut into pieces before freezing
    * 2 tbsp skim milk (or your favorite milk substitute)
    * ½ scoop (16 g) vanilla whey protein powder

Directions

Add all ingredients to your food processor and blend until smooth and whipped-looking. Using a spatula, scrape “ice cream” into serving bowl. Enjoy!

Tip: If the banana gets mashed and stuck on the bottom of the container so the blades can’t get to it, just add a little more milk to get it moving.
    Nutritional Info

Makes 1 serving

Calories: 181
    Fat: 1 g
    Carbs: 31 g
    Protein: 14 g
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Emma-Leigh; 04-17-2010 at 07:20 PM.