Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    john.d. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    love the chilli ideas but how do you guys measure the cal/protien servings per bowl? thats the biggest problem that stopped me from making it

senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by john.d. View Post
    love the chilli ideas but how do you guys measure the cal/protien servings per bowl? thats the biggest problem that stopped me from making it
    Spend 5-10 minutes adding up all the carb/fat/protein/cals of the ingredients and divide it into portions that fit your goal cals/macros (ie if you want a 400 cal portion and the total ingredients add up to 4000 calories, you'll have ten servings). Pour the chili into a measuring cup to see how much you have total to find portion size (ie if you have 10 cups of chili, each serving size will be one cup). It sounds a bit annoying but after you've done it once (write it down!) you'll be set from there on.

breakdown25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) breakdown25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) breakdown25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) breakdown25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) breakdown25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) breakdown25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) breakdown25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) breakdown25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) breakdown25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) breakdown25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) breakdown25 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    A great find for my protein shakes is Almond Milk. It has about 40 calories per cup.

Banana- Strawberry Protein Shake:
    2 cups of Almond Milk
    2 scoops of Whey Rocky Road Protein
    1 Banana
    4-6 Strawberries
    Few Ice Cubes

Delicious.

Hampusface has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hampusface has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hampusface has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hampusface has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hampusface has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hampusface has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hampusface has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hampusface has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hampusface has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hampusface has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hampusface has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Personal favorites that I make frequently

Delicious, protein rich homemade mashed potates.

Take potatoes
    Peel said potatoes
    Cut each potato into four pieces
    Boil potato pieces untill they are soft
    Remove water
    Smash potatoes with fork or anything that works
    Add baking protein, mix with some skimmed milk
    Add salt, pepper and/or whatever spices you like
    Enjoy this healthy meal.

Tuna sauce; good with pasta, on a pizza or by itself

Ingredients:
    Strained tomatoes (Unflavored, just tomatoes)
    Tuna (In water)
    Garlic
    Baking protein
    Salt and pepper
    Chilli

Use any amount of whatver you want. This just can't go wrong if you have working tastebuds.

So, this is just to mix it all together. I prefer slightly frying the tuna in the pan and mixing it together with the baking protein, then adding the strained tomatoes and the rest. Boil it up just a bit, and done!

For an extra, low-calorie filler, add mushrooms to it. With only 12 calories per 100 grams, mushrooms are awesome.

The calories of those two meals are very low. Main calorie amount comes from the protein. Potatoes only contain around 40 kcal per 100 g, which makes it a very handy food while cutting.

thethieflord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thethieflord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thethieflord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thethieflord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thethieflord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thethieflord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thethieflord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thethieflord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thethieflord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thethieflord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thethieflord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    subscribed to this thread, looks very promising.

i'll look into getting those noodles too and experimenting.

last night i made ramen (entire package), removed the broth, and added scrambled eggs (2 whites, 1 whole) and was going to add some sausage, but ran out. Was somewhat tasteless, but very palatable.

Nutritional Data:

482 Calories
    20.5g fat
    215mg cholesterol (somewhat high, that's from the 1 whole egg)
    455mg sodium
    53 carbs (also somewhat higher than most cutting foods)
    22g protein
    0 sugar
    0 fiber

When replacing the ramen noodles with the shirataki (sp?) noodles mentioned earlier, it would have less sodium, fat and carbs. Seems good for me.

LiftStrong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Very nice thread going here. Sub'd for future good recipes. I'll toss in one of my morning favs. Gives good flavor without sacrificing too much nutrition. You can add more or less of the peanut butter and banana to your liking or sub out other fruits you may like in place.

Peanut Butter and Banana Oatmeal

1/2 cup oats
    1/2 banana sliced
    1tbsp peanut butter

Boil water and add enough to your oats to get the end consistency you desire. Stir in peanut butter and banana. Let sit till oats are cooked through. Eat up.

Roughly

Calories - 282
    Carbohydrates - 45g
    Saturated Fat - 1.5g
    Sugars - 9g
    Protein - 10g

Above carbohydrate count does not reflect fiber, so count will actually be lower.
    "Start working to fulfill your dream or else someday, someone will put you to work to fulfill their dream." - Author Unknown

Registered Sex Defender SAD_COW_DISEASE's Avatar
    SAD_COW_DISEASE is a name known to all. (+5000) SAD_COW_DISEASE is a name known to all. (+5000) SAD_COW_DISEASE is a name known to all. (+5000) SAD_COW_DISEASE is a name known to all. (+5000) SAD_COW_DISEASE is a name known to all. (+5000) SAD_COW_DISEASE is a name known to all. (+5000) SAD_COW_DISEASE is a name known to all. (+5000) SAD_COW_DISEASE is a name known to all. (+5000) SAD_COW_DISEASE is a name known to all. (+5000) SAD_COW_DISEASE is a name known to all. (+5000) SAD_COW_DISEASE is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Step 1: Open can of tuna
    Step 2: Eat tuna
    Step 3: ???
    Step 4: Profit

Old meme is old.

And this thread has been very useful.

Amandarose531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amandarose531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amandarose531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amandarose531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amandarose531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amandarose531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amandarose531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amandarose531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amandarose531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amandarose531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amandarose531 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Will be seeking out shirataki noodles this eve. I can't WAIT for something of "substance!" to add to my current cut of the staples. Chicken, tuna, broccoli, etc. I'm stuck in a boring rut and i'm now motivated to actually make something. Thanks :]

Also will be in with some recipes. I'm the queen of modifying my old favs to enjoy all the time. Like I said, in a boring rut of eating pan cooked chicken and tuna out of the can, good motivational thread.
    You get back what you put in.

Heilman97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have actually taken many or most of the recipes and put them into spreadsheet form. Just a rough-in for now as this will become my new recipe book!! If anyone would like a copy of it the way it is pm me. It's not perfect by any means but if I pass it to one person than they can pass it on to others. Also, I ordered some of those noodles too from asainfoodgrocer.com! Can't wait this stuff looks delicious.

bhamroadrunner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bhamroadrunner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bhamroadrunner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Heilman97 View Post
    I have actually taken many or most of the recipes and put them into spreadsheet form. Just a rough-in for now as this will become my new recipe book!! If anyone would like a copy of it the way it is pm me. It's not perfect by any means but if I pass it to one person than they can pass it on to others. Also, I ordered some of those noodles too from asainfoodgrocer.com! Can't wait this stuff looks delicious.
    If anyone is interested in this in a Microsoft OneNote format, I'm almost done editing it and putting it all in order.

I may work on some form of a database or something later, but for now, OneNote will have to do.

Also as firm "Thank You!" to everyone who posted a recipe here. Microwaved chicken and a bland can of tuna is pretty much what always kills my diet.

Rissi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rissi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rissi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rissi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rissi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rissi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rissi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rissi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rissi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rissi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rissi is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    FO - Quiche

1 - 16oz container of Eggbeaters or equivalent C 210, P 42, F 0
    1 - 16ozs Fat Free cottage cheese (I like Market Basket’s Brand with Chives) 320, P 56, F 0
    1 - 16oz Frozen block of Chopped Spinach (again MB brand) C105, P 13.5, F 1
    Salt and pepper

Heat oven to 325 degree. Spray casserole pan or Pyrex pan with Pam. You can use a 9x9 or a 9x13 depending on how thick you want your FO-quiche to be.

Thaw spinach and squeeze out as much water as possible. In a large bowl break up spinach and check for stems (remove any stems). Add cottage cheese and Eggbeaters and mix well. Add salt and pepper.

Poor mixture into pan and spread evenly. Bake 325 for about 1 hour. Remove and cool 15 minutes before cutting. Freezes very well.

Divide into 6 servings:

Calorie Breakdown per serving: 106 Calories, 16 Grams Protein, Less than 1 Gram Fat

Variations/Additions

2 cubic inches of FETA Cheese (none of that low-fat Feta please) crumbled into the mixture adds 15 calories per serving, less than 1 gram of protein and just 1 gram of Fat.

1/4 c Kraft Shredded Light Cheese on the top or mixed in adds 17 calories, 1 gram protein and just over 1 gram of fat. If you add it to the top I do so toward the end of the baking cycle so it does not get burnt

1/4 cup diced Onions – just 3 calories per serving
    1/4 cup diced Mushrooms (sauté or microwave a bit to get some of the water out)– just 1 calorie more
    1/4 cup diced Red Peppers – just 1 calorie more

Resident Pedal Masher robbie_vlad's Avatar
    robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Here's one if you are craving something sweet. It's low fat too

Chocolate-Banana Cheesecake:

The crust:

2 bananas
    2 cups oats

Blend in food processor then line the bottom of a pie tin with the mixture. Bake for 12 minutes at 350 degrees.

The Filling:

16oz FF cream cheese
    2 bananas
    1/2 cup splenda
    2 eggs
    2 egg whites
    2 tbsp vanilla extract

Blend all of the ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Pour into the pie tin with the crust and bake on 350 degrees for ~45minutes or until you can poke it with a fork and pull it out with nothing on it. When done, allow to cool to room temperature before putting in the fridge.

The Chocolate Topping:

1 scoop chocolate whey
    4 tbsp cocoa powder
    2 tbsp splenda

Mix all ingredients with water until thick. After the cheesecake has been in the fridge for ~30 minutes, spread the topping on the cake then replace in fridge to set for another hour or so. Cut into 8 slices.

1 slice (1/8 recipe) has ~200 calories.

Is breá liom mo eagla.

Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Peoples - just wanted to mention this Thread here which links to a stack of information sites in addition to lots of places to find yummy recipes too.

ruggers125 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ruggers125 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ruggers125 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ruggers125 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ruggers125 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ruggers125 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ruggers125 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ruggers125 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ruggers125 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ruggers125 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ruggers125 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Exclamation Pre Workout Lemon Cheesecake....

LOL...totally meant to be a protein lemon cheesecake...did not realise the sachets i grabbed were pre-workout mixes(QNT NO+ELITE Lemon)...oh well chest day today so should be fun, lucky i included 85% dark choc for some caffeine
    Pictures and recipe when finished cooking.

--------------------------
    Well here it is:
    Choc Elite Lemon Cheesecake

200g Fromage Frais(or CC. Yoghurt etc.) - 92cal 15.6p 6.6c 0.2f
    10g 85% Crushed Dark Chocolate - 55.5cal 0.95p 2.6c 4.84f 1.2fib
    120g Eggs - 180.116kc 14.52p 13.068f
    60g QNT NO+Elite Lemon - 94.8cal 23.58c
    (was feeling lazy)195g Sweet Pastry Case - 947.7cal 10.725p 108.81c 52.065f 8.775fib

Mix ingredients and put into Pastry Case
    Bake for 25 mins on 180c (Fan) 350f
    (alternatively use pro powder)
    From QNT:

L-Arginine:
    7.2 g
    L-Glutamine:
    7.2 g
    Beta Alanine:
    6 g
    Creatine Monohydrate:
    4.32 g
    Taurine:
    3.6 g
    L-Ornithine HCL:
    2.4 g
    L-Carnitine HCL:
    1.2 g
    Creatine Pyruvate:
    0.6 g
    Caffeine:
    360 mg
    Vitamin C:
    108 mg

Chest workout here i come...
    Last edited by ruggers125; 05-25-2010 at 04:44 AM.

GCervantez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    One of my fav desserts and overall sweet treat has been the ice cream that street cart vendors sell in Mexico.... it's not even ice cream it's pretty much like a Sorbet which is a bunch of ice and some sort of fruit juice.. the problem is that it is REALLY sweet which means a ton of sugar.. to fight that I use splenda instead.. this is what I did today:

Watermelon ice sorbet
    3 cups of water
    1 to 3 cups of splenda (depends how sweet u want it, i used 3 cups and it's pretty sweet)
    4 cups of real watermelon
    1/4 cup of lime juice

- first put the 3 cups of water to boil in a sauce pan and add the splenda, boil for a good 10mins together
    - in a blender add the 4 cups of watermelon, and a little water so it can be mixed by the blender and mix it till u have a smooth puree
    - let the boiled splenda water mix cool for around 20mins
    - Mix the watermelon puree, lime juice with the splenda water mix and again use the blender to mix it all, you might have to seperate it in twos if you have a small blender
    - Put the entire mix in anything u want that fits in your freezer, I used regular plastic topare (i think that's what you call them?)
    - leave it in the freezer for a few hours, pref overnight.. when you open it it has to be solid enough that it wont move when you move the container.. if it moves it's too liquidy
    - once it's ready to serve just use a spoon to mix it around, it will look like mashed watermelons... it's a great treat and the only calories will come from the actual watermelon.. everything else is just splenda and water.. of course u can make it with real sugar but that kindah defeats the point
    Attached Images

get big or get fat trying NaLLa8705's Avatar
    NaLLa8705 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaLLa8705 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaLLa8705 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaLLa8705 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaLLa8705 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaLLa8705 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaLLa8705 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaLLa8705 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaLLa8705 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaLLa8705 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaLLa8705 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Tuna Helper

1/4 cup alfredo sauce - 60cals 5fat 3carb 1pro
    1/4 cup whole wheat pasta - 100cals 1fat 20carb 3.5pro
    1 can tuna in water - 100cals 0fat 0carb 25pro

cool pasta and drain. add un-drained tuna and sauce to pasta. heat through

salt and pepper to taste...

fills a medium size bowl and a great snack! double up everything for a MEAL! :P

Xhift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by susy99 View Post
    You speak just like my ex-professor at my university hehe!! so formal!

I have used few recipes from an amazing site, which I will post in so that everyone can check it out.

These are few I have tried

Frozen Banana Protein Ice Cream

Ingredients

* 1 frozen banana, cut into pieces before freezing
    * 2 tbsp skim milk (or your favorite milk substitute)
    * ½ scoop (16 g) vanilla whey protein powder

Directions

Add all ingredients to your food processor and blend until smooth and whipped-looking. Using a spatula, scrape “ice cream” into serving bowl. Enjoy!

Tip: If the banana gets mashed and stuck on the bottom of the container so the blades can’t get to it, just add a little more milk to get it moving.
    Nutritional Info

Makes 1 serving

Calories: 181
    Fat: 1 g
    Carbs: 31 g
    Protein: 14 g
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

Protein Pancakes

Ingredients

* 1/2 cup rolled oats
    * 1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese (or low fat or full fat)
    * 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
    * 2 tbsp flaxseed meal
    * 1/4 tsp cinnamon
    * 1 tsp vanilla extract
    * 1/4 cup water
    * pinch of salt
    * 1/2 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
    * 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder

* cooking spray or coconut oil
    * agave syrup

Direction

1. Heat medium size skillet to medium heat.
    2. Place the oats, cottage cheese, apple sauce, flax, cinnamon, vanilla extract, water, and salt in the blender and blend on high for 1 minute, until incorporated thoroughly.
    3. Add the baking powder and protein powder and give the blender a few quick pulses to incorporate.
    4. Coat the skillet with oil and pour 1/4 of the batter on the skillet.
    5. After bubbles begin to form around the edges, flip the pancake to cook the other side.
    6. Remove pancake and continue to cook the rest of the cakes.
    7. Serve with agave syrup, fruit, peanut butter, etc.

Tip: Place cooked pancakes in a slightly warmed oven, to keep the heated while you finish making the rest of the batch.

Yields 4 servings.
    Nutrition

Per pancake

Calories: 111
    Fat: 2 g
    Carbs: 12.5 g
    Protein: 12 g

Chocolate Protein Yogurt Parfait

Ingredients

* 3/4 cup 2% ***e plain yogurt
    * 1 serving (32g) chocolate whey protein powder (I like Optimum Nutrition Natural)
    * 1 tbsp water
    * 1/4 cup blueberries, fresh
    * 1 tbsp Uncle Sam cereal

Directions

Add yogurt, protein powder, and water to food processor and blend together. You may need to use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the food processor container to ensure that the protein powder is thoroughly incorporated.

Pour yogurt mixture into a bowl. Top with blueberries and Uncle Sam. Indulge… and feel good about it!

Nutritional Info

1 serving

Calories: 282
    Fat: 5.5 g
    Carbs: 21 g
    Protein: 39 g

Note: For less calories and/or protein, use ½ scoop of protein powder rather than a full serving. You could also add cocoa powder for more chocolatey flavor!

Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries

Ingredients

* 1 tbsp ground cumin
    * 1 tsp onion powder
    * 1 tsp garlic powder
    * 1/2 tsp chili powder
    * 1/2 tsp salt
    * 1/2 tsp black pepper
    * 1 tbsp olive oil + drizzle
    * 2 medium size sweet potatoes (about 16 oz total)

Directions

Preheat oven to 500° F. Cover baking sheet with foil (for easy clean up) or skip this step. Drizzle a little olive oil onto baking sheet and wipe with a paper towel to coat evenly.

I like to coat the baking sheet as well as add a thin coating of oil on the fries themselves, to ensure that they do not stick (without having to add massive amounts of oil).

In a small bowl, mix spices together with a fork. Set aside.

Cut sweet potatoes into ½” x ½” fries. I tend to slice the potato stick in half as well if the potatoes are really long. I leave the skin on, for nutritional purposes as well as for the extra crispiness that it adds.

In a large bowl, combine the cut potatoes and oil, and toss with one hand. With your other hand, add the spice mixture a sprinkle at a time, and continue to toss until the potatoes are evenly coated.

Arrange the potatoes in a single layer on the baking sheet and place on the middle shelf of the oven. Bake until edges are crisp and potatoes are cooked through — about 15-20 minutes.

Nutritional Info

4 serving = per serving

Calories: 164
    Fat: 4 g
    Carbs: 32 g
    Protein: 2 g

Check for more recipes here
    w w w . livewell360 . com / category / recipes/
    Jeez this is really helpful

powerfulone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) powerfulone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) powerfulone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) powerfulone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) powerfulone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) powerfulone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) powerfulone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) powerfulone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) powerfulone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) powerfulone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) powerfulone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    PROTEIN BROWNIES

I found a good quick recipe for protein brownies.
    Has good fats, low carbs, and high protein
    makes 2 or 3 decent size brownies.

needed:
    1 mug
    1 egg
    1 scoop chocolate protein
    2 tbs natural peanut butter

directions:
    1. mix egg, protein, and pb in mug
    2. place mug in microwave and heat for 50 seconds to a minute

The brownie will be slightly over the top of the mug when done cooking.
    Use a knife and go around the inside of the mug to release the brownie.
    You can eat the brownie however you want, but I cut it in 3 slices sideways.

Macros: (can vary on brand of protein and peanutbutter)
    Whole brownie: 290 calories, 23g fat (healthy fat), 12g carbs, 34g protein
    1/3 (1 small brownie): 97 calories, 7.7g fat, 4g carbs, 11.3g protein

If you want a video, here is a video I found of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT3WA6HQ58Q
    - Pain is weakness leaving the body -

LitlGrlBlue will become famous soon enough. (+50) LitlGrlBlue will become famous soon enough. (+50) LitlGrlBlue will become famous soon enough. (+50) LitlGrlBlue will become famous soon enough. (+50) LitlGrlBlue will become famous soon enough. (+50) LitlGrlBlue will become famous soon enough. (+50) LitlGrlBlue will become famous soon enough. (+50) LitlGrlBlue will become famous soon enough. (+50) LitlGrlBlue will become famous soon enough. (+50) LitlGrlBlue will become famous soon enough. (+50) LitlGrlBlue will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Great recipes in here!! I can't wait to try some of these. I have gotten so bored with what I have been doing and boredom always leads me back to the bad foods I need to stay away from! Thanks for sharing. I will come back this week and share some of my favorite recipes too.

nicoritschel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nicoritschel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nicoritschel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nicoritschel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nicoritschel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nicoritschel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nicoritschel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nicoritschel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nicoritschel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nicoritschel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nicoritschel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Kung Pao Chicken Sans Peanuts

1lb boneless, skinless chicken breast with fat trimmed, cut into 1 inch cubes
    1 bunch green onions, chopped into 1/2 inch sections
    15 dried japones chilis
    nonstick cooking spray

Sauce:
    4 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
    2 tbsp red wine vinegar
    1 tbsp water
    1 packet truvia
    1 tsp minced ginger
    2 cloves minced garlic
    1 tbsp sambal oelek chili paste
    2 tsp corn starch mixed w/ 2 tsp water

1. Combine all ingredients for sauce in a small saucepan, cook for 5 minutes over medium-high heat, then turn heat to low and let reduce for an additional 10 minutes.

2. Spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray, turn on heat to medium-high. After pan is heated, add chicken and cook for 5 minutes or until browned. Flip chicken, and cook until juices run clear. Pat up juices with a paper towel.

3. Add japones chillis and green onions to skillet and cook for 2 minutes. Add sauce to skillet, coat chicken, and serve.

Makes 4 servings. Per serving: 124 calories, 1g fat, 1.5g carbs, 27g protein

benjiaka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) benjiaka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) benjiaka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) benjiaka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) benjiaka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) benjiaka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) benjiaka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) benjiaka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) benjiaka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) benjiaka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) benjiaka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by nicoritschel View Post
    Kung Pao Chicken Sans Peanuts

1lb boneless, skinless chicken breast with fat trimmed, cut into 1 inch cubes
    1 bunch green onions, chopped into 1/2 inch sections
    15 dried japones chilis
    nonstick cooking spray

Sauce:
    4 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
    2 tbsp red wine vinegar
    1 tbsp water
    1 packet truvia
    1 tsp minced ginger
    2 cloves minced garlic
    1 tbsp sambal oelek chili paste
    2 tsp corn starch mixed w/ 2 tsp water

1. Combine all ingredients for sauce in a small saucepan, cook for 5 minutes over medium-high heat, then turn heat to low and let reduce for an additional 10 minutes.

2. Spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray, turn on heat to medium-high. After pan is heated, add chicken and cook for 5 minutes or until browned. Flip chicken, and cook until juices run clear. Pat up juices with a paper towel.

3. Add japones chillis and green onions to skillet and cook for 2 minutes. Add sauce to skillet, coat chicken, and serve.

Makes 4 servings. Per serving: 124 calories, 1g fat, 1.5g carbs, 27g protein

This sounds and looks amazing!~I must try it!

DesertSider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DesertSider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DesertSider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DesertSider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DesertSider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DesertSider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DesertSider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DesertSider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DesertSider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DesertSider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DesertSider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    *Marked* and note to self: Shiritake noodles

Awesome thread.

IsaacB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I have this one on lockdown :)

I've been replacing most of my deserts with this great taster.

1 Whole Frozen Banana (15 seconds in the microwave to soften slightly)
    1 heaping Tablespoon Natural Peanut Butter (Chunky is best in this recipe)
    1 small squirt of raw honey.

Put it in the food processor until desired consistency.

Whalllaaa! Some of the best peanut butter banana ice cream you will find.

Don't refreeze either, gets rhiney and nasty tasting. Make enough to eat in one sitting.

Don't know the metrics, but this has got to be pretty high in protein/low in calories.

IsaacB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

My Salsa

I went to the grocery store and here is what you will need.

10 spinach leafs
    5 little green onion shoots (minus stalk part)
    2 Tablespoons Salsa
    1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese
    2 Chicken tenders
    1/2 Jalapeño

Process the Jalapeño, spinach and onion till it's finely mixed together.

While preparing all the above get your chicken on the George Foreman.

Cube up the cooked chicken.

Put 1/2 cup of cottage cheese in the processor with chicken chunks.

Process some more...

Whallaaaa.

Great proteins here. Jalapeño for thermal. Tastes phenomenal.
    Attached Images

dustinz_em1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

my response black bean chicken chili

Originally Posted by Vigilante_Inc View Post
    In a large hot skillet, ligtly oiled (I use PAM Olive oil spray), combine these ingredients until chicken is cooked and has developed a nice carmelization. Using a very hot skillet works best as you want to get extra flavor from the carmelized meat and veggies.
    -4 large Chicken Breasts (defrosted and cubed into 1/2 inch or smaller cubes)
    -1 onion diced
    -3 gloves garliced minced
    -1 red bell pepper diced

At the same time put all of these ingredients into a large pot over a medium heat until it begins to simmer. Then back the heat off and keep it over a low heat.
    -4 oz. chicken stock
    -1 can of black beans (drained)
    -1 can of stewed tomatoes
    -1 can of diced tomatoes
    -1 small can of diced jalopenos
    -24 oz. of v8 juice (I use spicy, but you can opt for lite if calories are scarce)
    -Chili powder (to your prefered amount of spiciness... I love mine hot)
    -Coarse Black pepper (to your liking on how much)
    -a few pinches of kosher salt
    -Hot sauce (add enough until you get the desired heat from the chili you'd like. I add ALOT)

Once the chicken and veggies are cooked combine them in the pot and allow to simmer together for at least an hour. This dish is actually best eaten the day after because the flavors tend to mesh together and you taste the dish more as a whole intead of as individual ingredients.

Sorry no calorie counts since ingredients vary so much... just add em up as you go along. Makes about 8 serving though.... or 2 for me

I made this last night and was simply AMAZING! Didn't even feel like I was eating healthy. I also followed the recipe as stated and did the calorie count. I personally split into 6 servings which is a decent sizes serving and filled me very well!

Per bowl =
    252 cals
    30g protein

rfl1929 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rfl1929 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rfl1929 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rfl1929 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rfl1929 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rfl1929 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rfl1929 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    great stuff everyone thanks!

critterbug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) critterbug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) critterbug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) critterbug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) critterbug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) critterbug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) critterbug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) critterbug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) critterbug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) critterbug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) critterbug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

shiratake

Those shiratake noodles are awesome. better than sliced bread.

THANKS!

Mr.BULLITT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    OMG I love Pancakes!!!!!!

And I'm going to have to try the High Protein Burger and the Chicken and Black bean Chili Extra Extra hot.

B14JOSH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) B14JOSH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) B14JOSH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) B14JOSH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) B14JOSH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) B14JOSH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) B14JOSH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) B14JOSH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) B14JOSH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) B14JOSH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) B14JOSH has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Easy Shredded Chicken in Crock Pot

- Chicken Breast
    - Bell Peppers, Onion
    - Fajita Seasoning

Throw a few breasts in the crock pot, cook on low for 1-2 hours, shred chicken with fork and add veggies and seasoning, cook for another hour, and enjoy.

I use this chicken for everything, topping my salads, on sandwhiches, tacos, etc.

Cuts like an emo kid AtleastItried's Avatar
    AtleastItried will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtleastItried will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtleastItried will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtleastItried will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtleastItried will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtleastItried will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtleastItried will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtleastItried will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtleastItried will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtleastItried will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtleastItried will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by IsaacB View Post
    I've been replacing most of my deserts with this great taster.

1 Whole Frozen Banana (15 seconds in the microwave to soften slightly)
    1 heaping Tablespoon Natural Peanut Butter (Chunky is best in this recipe)
    1 small squirt of raw honey.

Put it in the food processor until desired consistency.

Whalllaaa! Some of the best peanut butter banana ice cream you will find.

Don't refreeze either, gets rhiney and nasty tasting. Make enough to eat in one sitting.

Don't know the metrics, but this has got to be pretty high in protein/low in calories.
    Not to be negative or anything... but I don't know if many people could fit that in their cut macros...

Just estimating, you're looking at around 400-500 kcals and the vast majority of it will come from sugar and fat. Bananas and honey are both basically pure carbs, the natty pb will add a bit of protein and lots of good fats, but not enough to offset the rest.

Gotta be careful with these. Make sure you count up the calories and macros if you're going to recommend them as cut friendly
    Try not. Do or do not. There is no try.

"There are no limits. There are plateaus, but you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. If it kills you, it kills you. A man must constantly exceed his level". ~Bruce Lee