Registered User BamaCrimsonTide's Avatar
    BamaCrimsonTide has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BamaCrimsonTide has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BamaCrimsonTide has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BamaCrimsonTide has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BamaCrimsonTide has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BamaCrimsonTide has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BamaCrimsonTide has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BamaCrimsonTide has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BamaCrimsonTide has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BamaCrimsonTide has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BamaCrimsonTide has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Eating for size question

For a person with a high metabolism like myself, is it ok to eat wings once a week if I’m eating for strength?

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by BamaCrimsonTide View Post
    For a person with a high metabolism like myself, is it ok to eat wings once a week if I’m eating for strength?
    When's the last time you had your thyroid checked?

BamaCrimsonTide has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BamaCrimsonTide has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BamaCrimsonTide has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BamaCrimsonTide has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BamaCrimsonTide has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BamaCrimsonTide has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BamaCrimsonTide has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BamaCrimsonTide has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BamaCrimsonTide has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BamaCrimsonTide has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BamaCrimsonTide has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by ErikTheElectric View Post
    When's the last time you had your thyroid checked?
    I had bloodwork done last year, but I don’t know if that exam included a measure of some factor affected by the thyroid.

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yes it is ok if you eat food.

That's basically what you're asking. Wings are just protein, fat, and carbs. Much like most other foods.
    Psych & handcuffs
    Current reading: Vonnegut, Theodor Adorno
    House, Techno, and 4Runners

ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I had bloodwork done last year, but I don’t know if that exam included a measure of some factor affected by the thyroid.
    Then what leads you to believe that you have this so called "high metabolism", considering you have no current knowledge or understanding of how your thyroid is functioning?

Sounds like you're just conditioned to under-eating.

Originally Posted by rhadam View Post
    Yes it is ok if you eat food.

That's basically what you're asking. Wings are just protein, fat, and carbs. Much like most other foods.
    But an awful lot of fat, more so than average “clean” stuff. Just wanted to see if anyone else eats out once a week

Then what leads you to believe that you have this so called "high metabolism", considering you have no current knowledge or understanding of how your thyroid is functioning?

Sounds like you're just conditioned to under-eating.
    I eat a lot, but since wings are not considered clean (when most pro strongman suggest to eat clean) it makes me question the habit.

Do you have in-depth knowledge and understanding of the thyroid and it’s function? And can you tie it to the original question?

I eat a lot, but since wings are not considered clean (when most pro strongman suggest to eat clean) it makes me question the habit.

Do you have in-depth knowledge and understanding of the thyroid and it’s function? And can you tie it to the original question?
    Some recommended reading for you first:

https://completehumanperformance.com.../clean-eating/

Not really sure what you're hoping to gather from thyroid performance and eating wings. But as Rhadam said above, it's FINE to eat a particular food. If you're having issues gaining weight and meeting calorie needs, wings can help with that.

allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    But an awful lot of fat, more so than average “clean” stuff. Just wanted to see if anyone else eats out once a week
    You want to gain size. fat can be great for calories. Enjoy your wings. wash them down with chocolate milk
    Alan Aragon, Brad Schoenfeld, Stu Phillips, Lyle McDonald. FTW.

Not a physique competitor but hope to compete in powerlifting next year. Max bench 1RM with pause 160kg. 352lbs.

Lift and learn.

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I eat out constantly. I understand my TDEE, and actively use IIFYM and DCA to meet my calorie/macro goals each day while eating foods I enjoy. I also don't believe in terms like clean and dirty in a dietary context because that is misleading and pointlessly restrictive. I don't understand why you think dietary fat is bad.

Source: I was a prior RD before changing careers.
    Psych & handcuffs
    Current reading: Vonnegut, Theodor Adorno
    House, Techno, and 4Runners

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Some recommended reading for you first:

https://completehumanperformance.com.../clean-eating/

Not really sure what you're hoping to gather from thyroid performance and eating wings. But as Rhadam said above, it's FINE to eat a particular food. If you're having issues gaining weight and meeting calorie needs, wings can help with that.
    ^ This

if you categorise foods as "clean" or otherwise, you are just thinking about food wrongly. This question will be the first of many fruitless endeavours which could be avoided. Fat is not your enemy. Getting fatter is caused by an excess of calories, nothing more, nothing less.