Timmilesmusic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Weight Gain Shakes and size increase? - Ectomorph?

Hey guys, quick sum up.. i don't want to be massive and look like a body builder, i just want the "Beach body" surfer look, that of Zac Efron say.

I currently weight 10 stone 2. A significant increase on what i weighed about 3 weeks ago 9 stone 4. I have never been able to gain weight, i'm 21 now and 6 ft1 and still have great trouble. i have been going to the gym 5 days a week doing the following workout
    on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday. (WEDNESDAY REST) Thursday, Friday (Saturday Rest) and although i have noticed myself toning, i appreciate it is way too soon for me to be bulking but i just want advice on what i need to be doing and what the best weight gain shakes are, I'm currently using a weight gain shake which gives me 400 cals and im taking it 3 times a day, pre and post workout and usually in the morning along with eating 3 to 4 food meals per day about 500 to 600 calories each, usually consisting of pasta, beans, rice, beef casaroul etc. i am also taking Bulgarian Tribulus Tablets and creatine which currently don't seem to be working, like i said i don't want to be huge.. i'm sure most of you know the Zac efron look and im sure most of you are already much bigger than that but i am very small so thats my current goal. just hoping for some help! thanks guys.

1. Chest and Triceps –

Warm Up – 10 Minutes Running
    Dumbell Press Flat – 3x12
    Dumbell Flyes Flat – 3x12
    Incline Press – 3 x12
    Press-ups – 3 sets Until fail
    Cable Flies – 3x12
    Chest Press machine – 3 x 8 heavy
    Peck Dec – 3 x 8 heavy

Rope Push down slow – 3x12
    French Press – 3x10
    Narrow Dbell Press 3x12

5 Minutes on Abs***
    Cool down – Rowing 10 minutes and stretches

2. Back And Biceps –

Warm Up – 10 Minutes Rowing
    Pull-ups (Overhand grip) - 3x10
    Single Arm Row Dumbell (heavy) - 3x10
    Wide Lever Row - 3x12
    Lat Pull down (Wide grip, Heavy, overhand) – 3 x 10
    Dumbell Pull over - 3x10
    Back Extensions - 3x15

Narrow Pull Down (Underhand Grip) – 3x8
    Seated Curl with Twist – 3x12
    Cable Curl up – 3x12

5 minutes Abs***
    Cool down – stretches

3.) Shoulders and Legs

Warm up - Running 10 Minutes
    DBell Shoulder press – 3x10
    Seated Lat raise – 3x12
    Front Raise -3x10
    Standing Arnie Press – 3x12

Leg Press – 3x15
    Leg Extension – 3x12
    Leg curl – 3x12
    Weighted step-ups - 3x10

5 minute Abs***

I_try has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I_try has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I_try has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I_try has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I_try has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I_try has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I_try has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I_try has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I_try has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I_try has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I_try has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I see no bench press, dead lifts or squats. More compounds less isolated stuff
    Last edited by I_try; 03-23-2010 at 02:07 AM.
    (Insert E-stats here)

Originally Posted by I_try View Post
    I see no bench press, dead lifts or squats. Need compounds dude.
    Hey Buddy, unfortunately, the gym i use is very small.. its pretty much a private gym and because im a student it costs just under 20 a month for me, now the downside to this is they don't have Barbells so i have only the use of machines and free weights unfortunately. until i can afford a better gym i have to work with what i have.

Registered User skinnytomuscle2's Avatar
    skinnytomuscle2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skinnytomuscle2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skinnytomuscle2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skinnytomuscle2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skinnytomuscle2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skinnytomuscle2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skinnytomuscle2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skinnytomuscle2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skinnytomuscle2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skinnytomuscle2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skinnytomuscle2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Timmilesmusic View Post
    Hey guys, quick sum up.. i don't want to be massive and look like a body builder, i just want the "Beach body" surfer look, that of Zac Efron say.

I currently weight 10 stone 2. A significant increase on what i weighed about 3 weeks ago 9 stone 4. I have never been able to gain weight, i'm 21 now and 6 ft1 and still have great trouble. i have been going to the gym 5 days a week doing the following workout
    on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday. (WEDNESDAY REST) Thursday, Friday (Saturday Rest) and although i have noticed myself toning, i appreciate it is way too soon for me to be bulking but i just want advice on what i need to be doing and what the best weight gain shakes are, I'm currently using a weight gain shake which gives me 400 cals and im taking it 3 times a day, pre and post workout and usually in the morning along with eating 3 to 4 food meals per day about 500 to 600 calories each, usually consisting of pasta, beans, rice, beef casaroul etc. i am also taking Bulgarian Tribulus Tablets and creatine which currently don't seem to be working, like i said i don't want to be huge.. i'm sure most of you know the Zac efron look and im sure most of you are already much bigger than that but i am very small so thats my current goal. just hoping for some help! thanks guys.

1. Chest and Triceps –

Warm Up – 10 Minutes Running
    Dumbell Press Flat – 3x12
    Dumbell Flyes Flat – 3x12
    Incline Press – 3 x12
    Press-ups – 3 sets Until fail
    Cable Flies – 3x12
    Chest Press machine – 3 x 8 heavy
    Peck Dec – 3 x 8 heavy

Rope Push down slow – 3x12
    French Press – 3x10
    Narrow Dbell Press 3x12

5 Minutes on Abs***

2. Back And Biceps –

Warm Up – 10 Minutes Rowing
    Pull-ups (Overhand grip) - 3x10
    Single Arm Row Dumbell (heavy) - 3x10
    Wide Lever Row - 3x12
    Lat Pull down (Wide grip, Heavy, overhand) – 3 x 10
    Dumbell Pull over - 3x10
    Back Extensions - 3x15

Narrow Pull Down (Underhand Grip) – 3x8
    Seated Curl with Twist – 3x12
    Cable Curl up – 3x12

5 minutes Abs***
    Cool down – stretches

3.) Shoulders and Legs

Warm up - Running 10 Minutes
    DBell Shoulder press – 3x10
    Seated Lat raise – 3x12
    Front Raise -3x10
    Standing Arnie Press – 3x12

Leg Press – 3x15
    Leg Extension – 3x12
    Leg curl – 3x12
    Weighted step-ups - 3x10

5 minute Abs***
    you do to work your chest somehow!

quarterback14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) quarterback14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) quarterback14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) quarterback14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) quarterback14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) quarterback14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) quarterback14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) quarterback14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) quarterback14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) quarterback14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) quarterback14 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey Buddy, unfortunately, the gym i use is very small.. its pretty much a private gym and because im a student it costs just under 20 a month for me, now the downside to this is they don't have Barbells so i have only the use of machines and free weights unfortunately. until i can afford a better gym i have to work with what i have.
    do dumbbell deadlifts, dumbbell bench press, and at least weighted lunges

CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Then use the dumb bells to DB bench press, DB incline press, and DB squat.

But, since you want to look like Zac Effron, you don't even need to go to a gym. Just eat right around maintenance and do push ups and crunches.

Originally Posted by skinnytomuscle2 View Post
    you do to work your chest somehow!
    sorry, i do what to work my chest?

And thanks guys, i'll take all this advice in, for now i will stick with the gym, but i think eventually i will do alot more stuff at home. to develop that beach body look, with weight gain etc what sort of time period am i looking at? ive only been training about 1 month so far, i appreciate its different for everyone... i'd like to try and set myself a realistic time scale.