jgreenhaus is just really nice. (+1000) jgreenhaus is just really nice. (+1000) jgreenhaus is just really nice. (+1000) jgreenhaus is just really nice. (+1000) jgreenhaus is just really nice. (+1000) jgreenhaus is just really nice. (+1000) jgreenhaus is just really nice. (+1000) jgreenhaus is just really nice. (+1000) jgreenhaus is just really nice. (+1000) jgreenhaus is just really nice. (+1000) jgreenhaus is just really nice. (+1000)

Why do i still have so much fat

Sometime last year i started losing weight and i eventually went from 180-130. But this was with extreme unhealthily low cals + lots of cardio. but even at 130 pounds and 5'10 my stomach and lower back still have a very large amount of fat. If i sit down there are big rolls and if i bend over a lot hangs off. At first i thought it was because my unhealthy methods lead to the burning of all my muscle and even at 130 i had retained bunches of fat.
    I am starting to doubt that now as the last 6 months i ate extremely cleanly and i got the correct amount of protein. I did a 3 day split with my workouts. I went from 130 to 150 and i still had all the stomach and back fat. So i thought maybe if i did a cut i could keep any new muscle and burn the fat. Using proper cutting techniques i have lost some weight, at like 145 now. And all the stomach and lower back fat is still there. Wtf is with my body

jgreenhaus is just really nice. (+1000) jgreenhaus is just really nice. (+1000) jgreenhaus is just really nice. (+1000) jgreenhaus is just really nice. (+1000) jgreenhaus is just really nice. (+1000) jgreenhaus is just really nice. (+1000) jgreenhaus is just really nice. (+1000) jgreenhaus is just really nice. (+1000) jgreenhaus is just really nice. (+1000) jgreenhaus is just really nice. (+1000) jgreenhaus is just really nice. (+1000)
    bump

Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Change your diet up, Do Decline oblique twists with high reps, it could be that you have genetics for big obliques, which in that case you gotta try to work them differently

I did weighed oblique crunches for months with 45lbs at 10 reps and my sides got bulky (probably like yours i imagine) so i started doing decline Oblique twists, with violent twists and in about 3 weeks they are looking a little different, not extremely different but i didnt expect a change at all within a few months of just doing those.

Also, its all about trial and error with your training. If a 3 day split isnt working, try a 4 day if that doesnt work try a 5 day. It's all about finding what your body responds to, and same for cardio, do you do Low Intensity? HIIT? if you do it after workouts try it before breakfast if you have time, maybe even mix it up and try different types of cardio (Plyometrics, Kickboxing, yoga, swimming, etc.) throwing different things at your body keeps it guessing and helps make sure you dont plateau and the same goes for your diet, change macros up and see how high protein, low carb, moderate fat go

sorry for going off and writing alot good luck on figuring it out! keep a log, and take pics and its alot easier to find out whats working for ya. I hope that helps!
    Firefighter/EMT/Personal Trainer

Instagram: Msaki_ftns
    PSN: Thexleadxfarmer

Rep back 4k+

r1010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't know man, but that kind of weight for someone your height is really low, I'm 6' and a bit over 190lbs and I don't think I have much fat... I recommend doing compound movement exercises, like squats, deadlifts, etc where you can lift a lot of weight to build up muscle, this should also help burn off fat

I've done things like you described, in the past, just doing tons of cardio and skimping on weights to lose weight, but I just ended up looking sickly and unhealthy. This was a while ago, when I was just mainly using circuit machines and stuff, which is probably why it led to me being unhappy with my body as I think I had muscular imbalances as I wasn't properly working my core.

Glim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    going on very little, i would say it has zero to do with your workout.
    i think you probably need to eat more calories, to lose the rest.. thats right, i said more.

your body sounds like its in starvation mode, its not sure it will get enough calories, so its holding on to dear life just in case.

thats guess number 1 without a lot of info..but this is common with people who dont eat enough while losing wieght.
    GNC= Rip off

Registered User RealMenDeadLift's Avatar
    RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Glim View Post
    going on very little, i would say it has zero to do with your workout.
    i think you probably need to eat more calories, to lose the rest.. thats right, i said more.

your body sounds like its in starvation mode, its not sure it will get enough calories, so its holding on to dear life just in case.

thats guess number 1 without a lot of info..but this is common with people who dont eat enough while losing wieght.
    There is no such thing as starvation mode, he is simply skinny fat and needs to add muscle to his frame.

furglasses is on a distinguished road. (+10) furglasses is on a distinguished road. (+10) furglasses is on a distinguished road. (+10) furglasses is on a distinguished road. (+10) furglasses is on a distinguished road. (+10) furglasses is on a distinguished road. (+10) furglasses is on a distinguished road. (+10) furglasses is on a distinguished road. (+10) furglasses is on a distinguished road. (+10) furglasses is on a distinguished road. (+10) furglasses is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by jgreenhaus View Post
    Sometime last year i started losing weight and i eventually went from 180-130. But this was with extreme unhealthily low cals + lots of cardio. but even at 130 pounds and 5'10 my stomach and lower back still have a very large amount of fat. If i sit down there are big rolls and if i bend over a lot hangs off. At first i thought it was because my unhealthy methods lead to the burning of all my muscle and even at 130 i had retained bunches of fat.
    I am starting to doubt that now as the last 6 months i ate extremely cleanly and i got the correct amount of protein. I did a 3 day split with my workouts. I went from 130 to 150 and i still had all the stomach and back fat. So i thought maybe if i did a cut i could keep any new muscle and burn the fat. Using proper cutting techniques i have lost some weight, at like 145 now. And all the stomach and lower back fat is still there. Wtf is with my body
    I would stop the crash dieting, and find a diet that is the healthiest. Once you do this.. find a solid workout program i.e strength/cardio. After you do this..

keep doing it. Consistency is key. After a period of time(everyones different) Your body will find its "natural body weight", and the rest will come together.
    "When the going gets tough, get tougher"

BrazZzuKa is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrazZzuKa is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrazZzuKa is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrazZzuKa is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrazZzuKa is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrazZzuKa is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrazZzuKa is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrazZzuKa is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrazZzuKa is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrazZzuKa is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrazZzuKa is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by RealMenDeadLift View Post
    There is no such thing as starvation mode, he is simply skinny fat and needs to add muscle to his frame.
    X2

There's no such thing as Starvation mode it's pure Bro science.

Compound exercises are best. You should try Starting Strength or Stronglifts.com 5x5

Originally Posted by furglasses View Post
    I would stop the crash dieting, and find a diet that is the healthiest. Once you do this.. find a solid workout program i.e strength/cardio. After you do this..

keep doing it. Consistency is key. After a period of time(everyones different) Your body will find its "natural body weight", and the rest will come together.
    If ya read my post. I stopped the crash dieting a while ago as i used weights and a three day split while doing a bulk diet for like 4-6 months. Any other idea/ help?

whappend12 is just really nice. (+1000) whappend12 is just really nice. (+1000) whappend12 is just really nice. (+1000) whappend12 is just really nice. (+1000) whappend12 is just really nice. (+1000) whappend12 is just really nice. (+1000) whappend12 is just really nice. (+1000) whappend12 is just really nice. (+1000) whappend12 is just really nice. (+1000) whappend12 is just really nice. (+1000) whappend12 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by jgreenhaus View Post
    p90x and what you did is terrible and thats exactly what caused it... go do p90x it should work

michealmyers is on a distinguished road. (+10) michealmyers is on a distinguished road. (+10) michealmyers is on a distinguished road. (+10) michealmyers is on a distinguished road. (+10) michealmyers is on a distinguished road. (+10) michealmyers is on a distinguished road. (+10) michealmyers is on a distinguished road. (+10) michealmyers is on a distinguished road. (+10) michealmyers is on a distinguished road. (+10) michealmyers is on a distinguished road. (+10) michealmyers is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by whappend12 View Post
    p90x and what you did is terrible and thats exactly what caused it... go do p90x it should work

I wouldn't recommend P90x. Yeah it works no doubt......but for someone looking to cut down some and build some very lean muscle sure, but not in this case. Somebody correct me if you differ.......

MaximusJuris will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximusJuris will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximusJuris will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximusJuris will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximusJuris will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximusJuris will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximusJuris will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximusJuris will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximusJuris will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximusJuris will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximusJuris will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    you're 5'10 and only 130-140 pounds... you need to gain like 20 pounds of muscle, and then worry about stripping away the last 4 pounds of fat on your stomach, imo.

you're just skinny-fat. you have incredibly low lbm. get some muscle to stretch the skin over...

Originally Posted by MaximusJuris View Post
    you're 5'10 and only 130-140 pounds... you need to gain like 20 pounds of muscle, and then worry about stripping away the last 4 pounds of fat on your stomach, imo.

you're just skinny-fat. you have incredibly low lbm. get some muscle to stretch the skin over...
    I already bulked up a large amount from what i was. im tired of these fking rolls when i sit down. and im embaressed of them now that i have a gf and she always wants to see my stomach and i wont even let her see/ touch it

lateralus87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lateralus87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lateralus87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lateralus87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lateralus87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lateralus87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lateralus87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lateralus87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lateralus87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lateralus87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lateralus87 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    post pics, how much weight did you lose, there could be loose skin (the solution would still be to bulk up though)
    ^^^()()GERMANIC CREW()()^^^

"Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret."

Spiral out, keep going...

Here is my flab pics
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...1&postcount=39

and if u wanna see me after my bulk
    from a lil while ago check my thread
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121959901

wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    you just eat too much
    How to lose fat for Noobs: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129247741

Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000)
    dude you are 5'10 and you are at 145. You need more lean mass or you are never going to look anything better than skinny or skinny fat. More size = more definition. Once you have the size you can cut the fat and you'll look ripped. Till then you won't get anywhere.

Originally Posted by wave_length View Post
    you just eat too much
    dont understand this...

Mlupi319 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mlupi319 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mlupi319 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mlupi319 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mlupi319 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mlupi319 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mlupi319 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mlupi319 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mlupi319 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mlupi319 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mlupi319 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    To reduce the appearance of your fat you will need to either lose the fat (while maintaining your muscle) through a slow cut (350-500 calories below maintenance). and continue lifting heavy weights, compound movements.

or gaining more muscle will also reduce the appearance of the fat you already have. Do this through a slow bulk (350-500 calories over maintenance). I would add HIIT cardio so you gain little to no fat.

Either you need a SLOW bulk or a SLOW cut. This is because you want to limit fat gain(bulk) /limit muscle lose(cut). The key word is slow, it will take time and hard work but you will absolutely be able to improve and eliminate your stomach fat. The choice is yours.
    "Gracie is doing anything he can to hang on....See, Royce isn't choking him with his legs there because he has no leverage. He's just trying to hold Severn back."

Seconds later, Severn taps to the first triangle choke in MMA. Classic.

jth16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jth16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jth16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jth16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jth16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jth16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jth16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jth16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jth16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jth16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jth16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You're 16, you look good, really. Seems like you just have self-confidence issues. If you really want to get lean, get on a healthy reduced calorie diet plan and look forward to the next 10-15 weeks of feeling ****ty.
    www.naturalbodybuildingevents.com --------- www.naturalbodybuildingradio.com
    www.biolayne.com -------- www.3dmusclejourney.com

"I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in a maze of mediocrity. I won't give up shut up, let up, or slow up"

"In preparing elite training programs we will not underestimate the adaptive abilities of the human body"

Team Norton 2010