Tanglefoot77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tanglefoot77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tanglefoot77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tanglefoot77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tanglefoot77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tanglefoot77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tanglefoot77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tanglefoot77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tanglefoot77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tanglefoot77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tanglefoot77 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Overtraining or Injury?

I've managed somehow to jack myself up.

I started a new workout routine during a two week trip with my national guard unit. A heavily modified westside split. Exercise wise I did nothing I'm unfamiliar with beyond the routine and didn't increase any weight.

However, I did work my ass off for 12 hours a day, hit the gym hard six nights a week (cardio and weights) and I played pretty hard during the little downtime I had. I spent a lot of time playing sports and arm wrestling with guy in my unit who competes at pretty high level (he kicked my ass, but it was fun).

I ate everything in sight and kept my protein intake up, but I was way short on sleep. I'm an insomniac and my job during these trips is pretty stressful, I averaged six hours on the good nights, a little as three on the bad ones. What little sleep I got was because I worked off plenty of stress at the gym most nights.

On my last trip to the gym both my arms started to burn and throb really bad. I had to quit on my second set of pull ups, which are my second exercise. Everything from my delts to my forearms hurt like hell.

I rested pretty well that night but I noticed the same thing packing gear up the next day.

I've taken three full days off now and my arms felt fine until I went to work out. I can't get near my last 3x5 weight on bench. I was benching 205 during the trip, today I was struggling with 185. I didn't feel any strain in my chest while benching and my lockout was really weak. My arms, shoulders to wrists, are on fire again. I could feel it coming on and quit before the third set of bench.

Obviously more rest is in order, but did I overtrain? Or have I managed to somehow injure the entirety of both arms by some unlucky coincidence?

Anyone else experience something like this?
    http://claf77.wordpress.com/