Registered User WinnerLifestyle's Avatar
    WinnerLifestyle will become famous soon enough. (+50) WinnerLifestyle will become famous soon enough. (+50) WinnerLifestyle will become famous soon enough. (+50) WinnerLifestyle will become famous soon enough. (+50) WinnerLifestyle will become famous soon enough. (+50) WinnerLifestyle will become famous soon enough. (+50) WinnerLifestyle will become famous soon enough. (+50) WinnerLifestyle will become famous soon enough. (+50) WinnerLifestyle will become famous soon enough. (+50) WinnerLifestyle will become famous soon enough. (+50) WinnerLifestyle will become famous soon enough. (+50)

OUCH, Anyone here ever herniate a disc in your lower back?

i was at the gym a month ago doing a core circuit and I injured myself. Since then I've had pain in my lower back on the right side 24/7. It hurts the most when I go from a seated position to a standing position. I'm also unable to train and spend a lot of time in bed these days.

I went to a chiropractor who pretty much diagnosed me with a lower back disc herniation. I did 10 or so session with the chiro and it hasn't helped...

i'm just wondering if any of you guys have had this injury or know somebody who has it and the available treatment options, thanks a lot!

WibbleWabble will become famous soon enough. (+50) WibbleWabble will become famous soon enough. (+50) WibbleWabble will become famous soon enough. (+50) WibbleWabble will become famous soon enough. (+50) WibbleWabble will become famous soon enough. (+50) WibbleWabble will become famous soon enough. (+50) WibbleWabble will become famous soon enough. (+50) WibbleWabble will become famous soon enough. (+50) WibbleWabble will become famous soon enough. (+50) WibbleWabble will become famous soon enough. (+50) WibbleWabble will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    go to a real doctor and try to get an MRI. i think i may have one, but my symptoms aren't as bad as your's. it's definitely "a pain in the ass!" stretching has been helping me. i also recommend hiking, walking, ab work and back work if you can manage it.

i am still hitting my upper body (mainly abs and back), and doing elliptical, but gotta leave the lower body stuff alone for now cuz my back can't take it at the moment.
    Last edited by WibbleWabble; 03-22-2010 at 03:44 PM.

bizer is on a distinguished road. (+10) bizer is on a distinguished road. (+10) bizer is on a distinguished road. (+10) bizer is on a distinguished road. (+10) bizer is on a distinguished road. (+10) bizer is on a distinguished road. (+10) bizer is on a distinguished road. (+10) bizer is on a distinguished road. (+10) bizer is on a distinguished road. (+10) bizer is on a distinguished road. (+10) bizer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by WinnerLifestyle View Post
    i was at the gym a month ago doing a core circuit and I injured myself. Since then I've had pain in my lower back on the right side 24/7. It hurts the most when I go from a seated position to a standing position. I'm also unable to train and spend a lot of time in bed these days.

I went to a chiropractor who pretty much diagnosed me with a lower back disc herniation. I did 10 or so session with the chiro and it hasn't helped...

i'm just wondering if any of you guys have had this injury or know somebody who has it and the available treatment options, thanks a lot!
    Go see a doctor and get an MRI. I hurt my back over 4 weeks ago and messed around with a chiropractor for a few weeks before getting an MRI. MRI showed that I have two messed up discs. L4-L5 is blown out and L5-S1 is bulged. I am meeting with a nuero surgeon this week to see what needs to be done. Don't mess around and get it checked out.

orosuctus is on a distinguished road. (+10) orosuctus is on a distinguished road. (+10) orosuctus is on a distinguished road. (+10) orosuctus is on a distinguished road. (+10) orosuctus is on a distinguished road. (+10) orosuctus is on a distinguished road. (+10) orosuctus is on a distinguished road. (+10) orosuctus is on a distinguished road. (+10) orosuctus is on a distinguished road. (+10) orosuctus is on a distinguished road. (+10) orosuctus is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by bizer View Post
    Go see a doctor and get an MRI. I hurt my back over 4 weeks ago and messed around with a chiropractor for a few weeks before getting an MRI. MRI showed that I have two messed up discs. L4-L5 is blown out and L5-S1 is bulged. I am meeting with a nuero surgeon this week to see what needs to be done. Don't mess around and get it checked out.
    how did u manage to do that? What symptoms did u have?
    No Pain No Gain
    When all else fails.....Eat MORE!!!!

-I Rep Back-

12/10/2008- 181lbs
    3/15/2009- 204lbs
    6/29/2009- 227lbs
    10/2/2009- 246lbs
    1/7/2010- 262lbs

Goal... 285lbs by 06/2010

bizer is on a distinguished road. (+10) bizer is on a distinguished road. (+10) bizer is on a distinguished road. (+10) bizer is on a distinguished road. (+10) bizer is on a distinguished road. (+10) bizer is on a distinguished road. (+10) bizer is on a distinguished road. (+10) bizer is on a distinguished road. (+10) bizer is on a distinguished road. (+10) bizer is on a distinguished road. (+10) bizer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by orosuctus View Post
    how did u manage to do that? What symptoms did u have?

It happened during deadlifts. I was on my third rep of the last set when it happened and I fell to the ground. I had real bad lower back pain on the right side for the first couple days. I could barely move. That phased away and then came severe pain (24/7) in my calve & quad in my right leg for about a week. After that passed I now had some more lower back pain on my left side. This last week I have started to feel better where it is now a discomfort rather then a pain in my lower back. Another big issue is that my right leg will give out on me when I walk since my nerve has been effected by the guts of the disc that blew out. I can finally tie my shoes without a struggle so things are looking up.

Hoosiergirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hoosiergirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hoosiergirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hoosiergirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hoosiergirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hoosiergirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hoosiergirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hoosiergirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hoosiergirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hoosiergirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hoosiergirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by bizer View Post
    It happened during deadlifts. I was on my third rep of the last set when it happened and I fell to the ground. I had real bad lower back pain on the right side for the first couple days. I could barely move. That phased away and then came severe pain (24/7) in my calve & quad in my right leg for about a week. After that passed I now had some more lower back pain on my left side. This last week I have started to feel better where it is now a discomfort rather then a pain in my lower back. Another big issue is that my right leg will give out on me when I walk since my nerve has been effected by the guts of the disc that blew out. I can finally tie my shoes without a struggle so things are looking up.
    I had the same thing happen to me. Even my right leg give out and I would have to catch myself from falling. I want to the Chiropractor, Pain Managment for steroid injections(7xs). I ended up with surgery in 12/07. They did a lamenectomy(removed half of L-5) to relieve pressure on my spinal cord(due to L-5 thickening). In my case, it was not a soft tissue issue, but L5 becomming artheric and would eventually cause paralyses.Also, they used 2 rods and 4 screws to stabilize L4/L5. I have 2 digenerated dics L3/L4 & L4/L5. As of today, I am back to weight lifting, but I am very careful of my form, you gotta listen to your body. It took me about 28 months really heal up. So make sure you don't ignore the back pain.

Stoops3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stoops3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stoops3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stoops3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stoops3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stoops3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stoops3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stoops3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stoops3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stoops3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stoops3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    go to a dr. disc injuries are serious business.

I had fractured L5 and ruptured the disc between L5-S1. Long story short i had to have an L5-S1 fusion at the age of 19.

Be very careful. Don't be doing strenuous stuff while you are waiting to get in to a dr.

Rest and take ibuprofen.