dorfried is on a distinguished road. (+10) dorfried is on a distinguished road. (+10) dorfried is on a distinguished road. (+10) dorfried is on a distinguished road. (+10) dorfried is on a distinguished road. (+10) dorfried is on a distinguished road. (+10) dorfried is on a distinguished road. (+10) dorfried is on a distinguished road. (+10) dorfried is on a distinguished road. (+10) dorfried is on a distinguished road. (+10) dorfried is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Carb Cycling qustion- please help

Hey guys, i'm currently cutting from 13% to my 8% Goal
    I start using carb cycling ( 3 low days 90 grams of carbs, one high carb day 225 g of carbs)
    I wanted to ask if the proper way to do it is to eat at maintainence calories on the high day
    or i keep the deficit but change the macros:

Low: 50% Protein 20% Carbs 30% Fats
    High : 30% Protein 50% Carbs 20% Fats

* I figured that maybe i'll keep the calorie deficit all the time but change the macros every 4th day and refeed on maintainence once every 2 weeks.
    What do you think friends?

Thanks for clearing that up for me,
    God Bless,
    Dor

matty5050 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) matty5050 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) matty5050 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) matty5050 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by dorfried View Post
    Hey guys, i'm currently cutting from 13% to my 8% Goal
    I start using carb cycling ( 3 low days 90 grams of carbs, one high carb day 225 g of carbs)
    I wanted to ask if the proper way to do it is to eat at maintainence calories on the high day
    or i keep the deficit but change the macros:

Low: 50% Protein 20% Carbs 30% Fats
    High : 30% Protein 50% Carbs 20% Fats

* I figured that maybe i'll keep the calorie deficit all the time but change the macros every 4th day and refeed on maintainence once every 2 weeks.
    What do you think friends?

Thanks for clearing that up for me,
    God Bless,
    Dor
    Hey man 13% thats awesome already lol, What i do is carb cycle but every other day,
    Mon-Starchy carbs and lift
    Tues- Only green carbs(veggies) and cardio
    Wed- Lift and starchy
    Thurs- Greens and cardio
    etc..

If you want give it a go mate it works nicely, I kinda wanna try what you are doing though with one re-feed day it looks like a day to look forward too, thanks man,

papapreach has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'd be interested to know too...my macros are similar; 200-210g protein, 85-100g carb, 28-32g fat for 13 days, with a 200-210g protein, 195-200g carb, 15-20g fat day mixed in every other Saturday.

One thing I did notice after my first carb-up (yesterday) was I gained quite a bit of water weight (2-3 lbs). I'm guessing that's normal.

dorfried is on a distinguished road. (+10) dorfried is on a distinguished road. (+10) dorfried is on a distinguished road. (+10) dorfried is on a distinguished road. (+10) dorfried is on a distinguished road. (+10) dorfried is on a distinguished road. (+10) dorfried is on a distinguished road. (+10) dorfried is on a distinguished road. (+10) dorfried is on a distinguished road. (+10) dorfried is on a distinguished road. (+10) dorfried is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by matty5050 View Post
    Hey man 13% thats awesome already lol, What i do is carb cycle but every other day,
    Mon-Starchy carbs and lift
    Tues- Only green carbs(veggies) and cardio
    Wed- Lift and starchy
    Thurs- Greens and cardio
    etc..

If you want give it a go mate it works nicely, I kinda wanna try what you are doing though with one re-feed day it looks like a day to look forward too, thanks man,
    Well your plan sounds sweet but i like lifting and doing it 6 times a week hitting every muscle once every 4 days, I still didn't quite understand if i should eat at maintainence calorie intake every HIGH day(?) I mean it make sense to do so but i guess the fat loss is slower that way.
    My refeed once in every 2 weeks comes from the idea that after being on a calorie deficit, the body thinks " well i guess this is all the energy im getting - lets get use to it" and thus decreasing the true BMR to your new calorie intake.
    The refeed is soppused to tell the body" Hey mate! i'm not starving - you can keep burning fat"

all that i'm saying comes from reading and should not be mistaken for a professional advice..

Actually i exprienced it on my self when i was on the 40/40/20 macro diet with a 700 calorie deficit;
    after losing about 10 pounds i stopped lossing fat and i was more tired during the day.

That's why i want to carb-cycle, but my question is :
    Should i eat at maintenance every HIGH carb day or i should just change the macros as posted above?
    Please advice me on this Amigos..
    please!

Originally Posted by papapreach View Post
    I'd be interested to know too...my macros are similar; 200-210g protein, 85-100g carb, 28-32g fat for 13 days, with a 200-210g protein, 195-200g carb, 15-20g fat day mixed in every other Saturday.

One thing I did notice after my first carb-up (yesterday) was I gained quite a bit of water weight (2-3 lbs). I'm guessing that's normal.
    So im guessing you are eating are maintenance calories every other saturday?

matty5050 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) matty5050 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) matty5050 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) matty5050 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    to be honest if your eating high carbs those days i would keep it at maintenence or maybe a little above to give your body a nice re-fill, as long as you dont cheat on the low carb days you will be fine mate

papapreach has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    No, I'm still at a pretty big deficit even when I double the carbs. My daily intake is around 1550-1600 when I carb load it's about 200 cal. higher.

Originally Posted by papapreach View Post
    No, I'm still at a pretty big deficit even when I double the carbs. My daily intake is around 1550-1600 when I carb load it's about 200 cal. higher.
    So why u choose to do so only once per 2 weeks? its only 200 calories more..

to be honest if your eating high carbs those days i would keep it at maintenence or maybe a little above to give your body a nice re-fill, as long as you dont cheat on the low carb days you will be fine mate
    I think u ment to quote my other post
    Well i guess my re-fill is the refeed that comes once every 2 weeks..
    Is it so crucial to do it more often?

I think u ment to quote my other post
    Well i guess my re-fill is the refeed that comes once every 2 weeks..
    Is it so crucial to do it more often?
    yea my appologies lol was in a rush, and what i mean is if you can handle this diet without even cheating, dont cheat then, 100% diet 100% results, if you need a cheat there is absolutely no harm in that most people do.

yea my appologies lol was in a rush, and what i mean is if you can handle this diet without even cheating, dont cheat then, 100% diet 100% results, if you need a cheat there is absolutely no harm in that most people do.
    Well my only "cheats" are a free healthy meal at my parents crib on my refeed day(all kind of cheese and stuff like that which enjoy a lot since it's not on my menu and I drink a litre of beer on this refeed(i calculate the carbs and calories not to go over my maintenance)

Carbs from beer are still carbs , right? (hope so)