UnitedKingdom is on a distinguished road. (+10) UnitedKingdom is on a distinguished road. (+10) UnitedKingdom is on a distinguished road. (+10) UnitedKingdom is on a distinguished road. (+10) UnitedKingdom is on a distinguished road. (+10) UnitedKingdom is on a distinguished road. (+10) UnitedKingdom is on a distinguished road. (+10) UnitedKingdom is on a distinguished road. (+10) UnitedKingdom is on a distinguished road. (+10) UnitedKingdom is on a distinguished road. (+10) UnitedKingdom is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Little experiment: losing fat, gaining muscle.

OK so this is my third log. First one I failed, second one I caught the flu so I stopped lifting for a week and eating right... I'm finally feeling better (enough to lift).

I want to see if it's possible to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time. Some people think you can, some people think you can't. Many of those who say it can think it takes a long time. I'm doing this as a sort of experiment over 1 or 2 months to see if I can lose fat and gain muscle, and if so how much.

The plan is to eat a bit over maintenance. My maintenance is around 2200 calories, however I walk for about an hour per day and lift heavy 3 times per week, so I'd need more. I'm going to consume 2600 calories per day, so on some days I will have surplus calories, some days I'll have a deficit.

My current stats (as of today):

Weight: 86.4KG/190.5lbs
    Height: 5"11 (181cm)
    Lean body mass: 73.4KG/161.4lbs
    Body fat: 13KG/28.6lbs
    bf%: 15%

Those were using measurements I just did now with skinfold calipers, sometimes the measurements are off so I took the bigger of the ones I did. Pretty sure they're accurate. Around 5 weeks ago I was 157lbs lean body mass and 29.7lbs body fat: my diet hasn't been consistent though, it was only good for about 2 of the 5 weeks.

Training wise I'm going to go to the gym 3 times per week, and do my body in a split.

Monday: Rest
    Tuesday: Chest, triceps
    Wednesday: Rest
    Thursday: Biceps, back, traps
    Friday: Rest
    Saturday: Shoulders, legs
    Sunday: Abs

That way everything gets hit hard once per week and has a full week to recover. I probably won't stick with that exactly, as it's sometimes good to move things around.

I won't go into huge detail on diet, basically 2600 calories, 197g protein, 201g carbs and 111g fats.

Foods include brown bread, rice, tuna, milk, whey, chicken, beef, porridge... all fairly clean. No junk foods. Just drinking lots of water. Will also take creatine.

So that's that! I may get nowhere, I may do well, from past half hearted results I've done OK... so lets see what happens. If I gain muscle and lose fat I'll keep at it, if I just gain muscle I'll add calories, etc.

Diet starts Monday. Next update then or maybe tomorrow.

UnitedKingdom is on a distinguished road. (+10) UnitedKingdom is on a distinguished road. (+10) UnitedKingdom is on a distinguished road. (+10) UnitedKingdom is on a distinguished road. (+10) UnitedKingdom is on a distinguished road. (+10) UnitedKingdom is on a distinguished road. (+10) UnitedKingdom is on a distinguished road. (+10) UnitedKingdom is on a distinguished road. (+10) UnitedKingdom is on a distinguished road. (+10) UnitedKingdom is on a distinguished road. (+10) UnitedKingdom is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    OK, just chilled today, most of my body aches today because I did a nice workout yesterday for an hour and a half, basically did Thursday and Saturday all in one session. Can feel it today and it'll probably be worse tomorrow...

Consumed an alright amount of protein today, as well as junk food because this is my last 'day off' for a while. I feel bloated and just blergh. Looking forward to eating fairly clean starting tomorrow!

Might do some ab work in an hour, need to get on with them. That's all for now.

Diet went well today, modified the amount of milk so I'm consuming 201g of protein, same calories. Changed brand of salad cream, has less calories. If you're wondering why I'm having salad cream it's for corned beef sandwiches/egg sandwiches, dry as hell without sc.

Gym tomorrow.