Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    lucious is just really nice. (+1000) lucious is just really nice. (+1000) lucious is just really nice. (+1000) lucious is just really nice. (+1000) lucious is just really nice. (+1000) lucious is just really nice. (+1000) lucious is just really nice. (+1000) lucious is just really nice. (+1000) lucious is just really nice. (+1000) lucious is just really nice. (+1000) lucious is just really nice. (+1000)

What is the ultimate zombie hideout? Serious thread is serious

By serious thread I mean no 'super awesome walled in death fortress with hot chicks' or any other dumb 14 year old virgin loser crap.

What do you think is the best stronghold or hideout in the event of zombie apocalypse? I consider the following to be ideal and realistic:

Oil rig: Provided you switch off all the drilling equipment, this is pretty much a perfect hideout. Far from land, elevated, impossible for zombies to climb onto, fully self contained and supported. The only issue might be food and sea storms, which are actually a serious issue since if the rig goes down youre f'ed. Government agencies might also try raiding these places for oil in an apocalypse too....that might be a worry. If youve got lifeboats and are near some islands, this in my view is probably the best place you could be.

Islands or archipelagos: An excellent choice, especially if they are big enough to harvest and build on. If you have a steady food supply, and have materials for some simple housing you could probably ride out the rest of your days without a worry in the world, provided hostile survivors dont show up.

Old castle: Alot of castles from medieval times are still around today, and usually are completely walled in since they were designed to be completely autonomous and self contained. Ones in the middle of flatland probably arent a great idea, but alot of castles are on island themselves, or on cliffs making access pretty difficult for our cannibalistic friends. If you can completely seal it off and get fresh food and water inside, a great choice, though its size and desirability might make it a target for others.

Extreme mountaintop cabin: Alot of mountains with tourist traffic usually have cable cars going to the peaks, and some even have cafes and lookouts. If you can get to the very peak, and there are buildings up there, this is a great choice. Ideally you want barefoot access to be impossible, preferably permanently snowed over,so youd better turn off the cable cars once you get to the top. Issues might arise with temperature and food though.

Inaccessible high rise: There might be an unexpected outbreak of zombies, and you might be at work or somewhere just inconvenient when the zombies attack. In this case, you might not be able to get to a remote stronghold in time....you might need to make do with what youve got. A high rise building inaccessible from the ground do the trick. Get up past the 50th or so floor, and blow up the stairs from the lobby upward. Get an axe and cut the cables for all the elevators. If you can use the roof for growing food and gathering water, this might be a good option if you get stuck in ground zero. There might be issues wiht the fact zombies might be in the higher areas of the building, or whatever chaos is going on around the city might compromise the buildings integrity. Major negative is the building catching on fire.

If you've got an ingenius idea for a zombie stronghold, please share. It must however, be something reasonable.
    Nov 04-fatass @40%bf

Jan 06- buff(apparently) @ ermm i dunno, still have a gut though,

long term goal= jacked @ 7% bf, get the damn abs to show themselves

VASSIVE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VASSIVE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VASSIVE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VASSIVE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VASSIVE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VASSIVE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VASSIVE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VASSIVE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VASSIVE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VASSIVE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VASSIVE has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    love this topic been watching alot of zombie movies lately, not so sure if ide like it to happen though, haha, best bet would def be to try and get to some type of secluded island imo
    acquirin' clean bulk

lucious is just really nice. (+1000) lucious is just really nice. (+1000) lucious is just really nice. (+1000) lucious is just really nice. (+1000) lucious is just really nice. (+1000) lucious is just really nice. (+1000) lucious is just really nice. (+1000) lucious is just really nice. (+1000) lucious is just really nice. (+1000) lucious is just really nice. (+1000) lucious is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by VASSIVE View Post
    love this topic been watching alot of zombie movies lately, not so sure if ide like it to happen though, haha, best bet would def be to try and get to some type of secluded island imo
    Heres a tip for this island idea: Get into fishing or make friends with fisermen. Youll want to know to fish in a zombie outbreak and the more fishermen you know, the more chances one of them has acess to an awesome fishing yacht.

I'm lucky my friend owns a yacht with its own bedroom and bathroom. In the event of zombies, all we need to do is jump on and sail away. Weve planned for an island about a days trip out into the Pacific, and we can just fish and lounge around in the meantime.
    Nov 04-fatass @40%bf

MajorGainz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MajorGainz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MajorGainz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MajorGainz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MajorGainz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MajorGainz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MajorGainz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MajorGainz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MajorGainz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MajorGainz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MajorGainz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Prob some islands out around the atoll's where we still have bunkers left from war world 2 and ****.
    MMMC
    ~ The PS3 Brotherhood: Maloki ~

-click_here- is just really nice. (+1000) -click_here- is just really nice. (+1000) -click_here- is just really nice. (+1000) -click_here- is just really nice. (+1000) -click_here- is just really nice. (+1000) -click_here- is just really nice. (+1000) -click_here- is just really nice. (+1000) -click_here- is just really nice. (+1000) -click_here- is just really nice. (+1000) -click_here- is just really nice. (+1000) -click_here- is just really nice. (+1000)
    Steal a boat and live on it

Originally Posted by -click_here- View Post
    Steal a boat and live on it
    not a great idea because you dont know where a convenient boat will be, plus youll just be a floating wreck without maritime experience. You need to know how to operate it
    Nov 04-fatass @40%bf

Lemonade727 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lemonade727 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lemonade727 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lemonade727 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lemonade727 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lemonade727 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lemonade727 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lemonade727 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lemonade727 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lemonade727 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lemonade727 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Bill Murray's house.

Because of the serious tag, I'll say that I would have a hell of a time finding a way to get to a secluded island so a tall building would be my best bet. Either that or I would drive out into the country and take refuge on a farm with others. Not the ultimate hide-out but if a zombie attack did happen in my current living area that would be the most logical place for me to go.
    Last edited by Lemonade727; 03-21-2010 at 05:00 AM.

-click_here- is just really nice. (+1000) -click_here- is just really nice. (+1000) -click_here- is just really nice. (+1000) -click_here- is just really nice. (+1000) -click_here- is just really nice. (+1000) -click_here- is just really nice. (+1000) -click_here- is just really nice. (+1000) -click_here- is just really nice. (+1000) -click_here- is just really nice. (+1000) -click_here- is just really nice. (+1000) -click_here- is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by lucious View Post
    not a great idea because you dont know where a convenient boat will be, plus youll just be a floating wreck without maritime experience. You need to know how to operate it
    You dont need to go out to sea in it, you could sit in the middle of a lake, a lake that has fish.

Sergis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sergis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sergis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sergis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sergis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sergis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sergis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sergis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sergis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sergis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sergis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Heres a tip for this island idea: Get into fishing or make friends with fisermen. Youll want to know to fish in a zombie outbreak and the more fishermen you know, the more chances one of them has acess to an awesome fishing yacht.

I'm lucky my friend owns a yacht with its own bedroom and bathroom. In the event of zombies, all we need to do is jump on and sail away. Weve planned for an island about a days trip out into the Pacific, and we can just fish and lounge around in the meantime.
    what if fish are zombies too?

Inurthreadz is just really nice. (+1000) Inurthreadz is just really nice. (+1000) Inurthreadz is just really nice. (+1000) Inurthreadz is just really nice. (+1000) Inurthreadz is just really nice. (+1000) Inurthreadz is just really nice. (+1000) Inurthreadz is just really nice. (+1000) Inurthreadz is just really nice. (+1000) Inurthreadz is just really nice. (+1000) Inurthreadz is just really nice. (+1000) Inurthreadz is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Sergis View Post
    but what if you fish up a zombie?

TexasHeat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TexasHeat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TexasHeat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TexasHeat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TexasHeat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TexasHeat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TexasHeat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TexasHeat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TexasHeat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TexasHeat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TexasHeat is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Racoon City
    100% legit poster, no longer a troll. (dead serious)

Rangers - Cowboys - Mavericks - Longhorns - Boise State - Bears - Horned Frogs - Red Raiders - Miners - Owls

Lost 135 pounds

highest 360, current 225 (July 20 2017)

Originally Posted by Sergis View Post
    I'd say only shallow water fish would get zombified. Ones way out at sea would be safe.

If the infection is viral, the infection might be nullified if you cook it or killed the pathogens with soemthing.
    Nov 04-fatass @40%bf

Originally Posted by Lemonade727 View Post
    Bill Murray's house.

Because of the serious tag, I'll say that I would have a hell of a time finding a way to get to a secluded island so a tall building would be my best bet. Either that or I would drive out into the country and take refuge on a farm with others. Not the ultimate hide-out but if a zombie attack did happen in my current living area that would be the most logical place for me to go.
    I think a farm would be alright if you had an escape plan, or some bunker you could hide in the off chance zombies bumrush it.

It might need a rethink further down the line though, as zombies are going to be moving outward from ground zero the further into the apocalypse. Its nice and remote but you definitely need to bail on short notice.

The serious tag is only to prevent immature teenage responses like 'super awesome fortress witih death mobiles 'etc. If you actually have a feasible idea, do share. Doesnt mattr if you personally can get to it or whatever.
    Nov 04-fatass @40%bf

LucidSand is just really nice. (+1000) LucidSand is just really nice. (+1000) LucidSand is just really nice. (+1000) LucidSand is just really nice. (+1000) LucidSand is just really nice. (+1000) LucidSand is just really nice. (+1000) LucidSand is just really nice. (+1000) LucidSand is just really nice. (+1000) LucidSand is just really nice. (+1000) LucidSand is just really nice. (+1000) LucidSand is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'd say only shallow water fish would get zombified. Ones way out at sea would be safe.

If the infection is viral, the infection might be nullified if you cook it or killed the pathogens with soemthing.
    Does this mean I can cook and eat zombies?!

Originally Posted by LucidSand View Post
    Does this mean I can cook and eat zombies?!
    I think were all well versed enough in zombology to know this is a terrible idea.

Would you honestly be able to eat zombie without vomiting?
    Nov 04-fatass @40%bf

Ruffian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ruffian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ruffian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ruffian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ruffian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ruffian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ruffian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ruffian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ruffian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ruffian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ruffian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    id have to go with a super awesome walled in death fortress with hot chicks

AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    By serious thread I mean no 'super awesome walled in death fortress with hot chicks' or any other dumb 14 year old virgin loser crap.

What do you think is the best stronghold or hideout in the event of zombie apocalypse? I consider the following to be ideal and realistic:

Oil rig: Provided you switch off all the drilling equipment, this is pretty much a perfect hideout. Far from land, elevated, impossible for zombies to climb onto, fully self contained and supported. The only issue might be food and sea storms, which are actually a serious issue since if the rig goes down youre f'ed. Government agencies might also try raiding these places for oil in an apocalypse too....that might be a worry. If youve got lifeboats and are near some islands, this in my view is probably the best place you could be.

Islands or archipelagos: An excellent choice, especially if they are big enough to harvest and build on. If you have a steady food supply, and have materials for some simple housing you could probably ride out the rest of your days without a worry in the world, provided hostile survivors dont show up.

Old castle: Alot of castles from medieval times are still around today, and usually are completely walled in since they were designed to be completely autonomous and self contained. Ones in the middle of flatland probably arent a great idea, but alot of castles are on island themselves, or on cliffs making access pretty difficult for our cannibalistic friends. If you can completely seal it off and get fresh food and water inside, a great choice, though its size and desirability might make it a target for others.

Extreme mountaintop cabin: Alot of mountains with tourist traffic usually have cable cars going to the peaks, and some even have cafes and lookouts. If you can get to the very peak, and there are buildings up there, this is a great choice. Ideally you want barefoot access to be impossible, preferably permanently snowed over,so youd better turn off the cable cars once you get to the top. Issues might arise with temperature and food though.

Inaccessible high rise: There might be an unexpected outbreak of zombies, and you might be at work or somewhere just inconvenient when the zombies attack. In this case, you might not be able to get to a remote stronghold in time....you might need to make do with what youve got. A high rise building inaccessible from the ground do the trick. Get up past the 50th or so floor, and blow up the stairs from the lobby upward. Get an axe and cut the cables for all the elevators. If you can use the roof for growing food and gathering water, this might be a good option if you get stuck in ground zero. There might be issues wiht the fact zombies might be in the higher areas of the building, or whatever chaos is going on around the city might compromise the buildings integrity. Major negative is the building catching on fire.

If you've got an ingenius idea for a zombie stronghold, please share. It must however, be something reasonable.

Wow, you spend waaaay too much dreaming about zombie attacks.

Muckle_Ewe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muckle_Ewe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muckle_Ewe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muckle_Ewe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muckle_Ewe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muckle_Ewe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muckle_Ewe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muckle_Ewe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muckle_Ewe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muckle_Ewe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muckle_Ewe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The Misc can come live with me in Shetland. 200 miles away from mainland UK and have the biggest oil terminal in Europe. Also have like 100 smaller islands that make up Shetland so can just hop from one to another if zombies invade.

so far away is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) so far away is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) so far away is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) so far away is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) so far away is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) so far away is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) so far away is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) so far away is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) so far away is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) so far away is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) so far away is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Left 4 Dead
    Left 4 Dead 2

The answers to all questions about zombies and ****.

Buster McFats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Buster McFats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Buster McFats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Buster McFats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Buster McFats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Buster McFats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Buster McFats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Buster McFats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Buster McFats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Buster McFats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Buster McFats is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    costco

Originally Posted by jp8811 View Post
    costco
    This is the 'instant fail' option.
    Nov 04-fatass @40%bf

Recovered Ameribrah headinahole's Avatar
    headinahole has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) headinahole has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) headinahole has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) headinahole has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) headinahole has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) headinahole has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) headinahole has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) headinahole has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) headinahole has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) headinahole has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) headinahole has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Finski is just really nice. (+1000) Finski is just really nice. (+1000) Finski is just really nice. (+1000) Finski is just really nice. (+1000) Finski is just really nice. (+1000) Finski is just really nice. (+1000) Finski is just really nice. (+1000) Finski is just really nice. (+1000) Finski is just really nice. (+1000) Finski is just really nice. (+1000) Finski is just really nice. (+1000)

you act like its actually gonna happen lulz.

Originally Posted by AKR View Post
    Wow, you spend waaaay too much dreaming about zombie attacks.
    this^^^

but cool ideas none the less.
    Armin Van Buuren <3

♪ MusicAddict ♫

I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies
    and hypothesis can't define how I be droppin
    these mockeries, lyrically perform armed robbery
    Flee with the lottery, possibly they spotted me

DirtyDon123 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DirtyDon123 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DirtyDon123 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DirtyDon123 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DirtyDon123 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DirtyDon123 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DirtyDon123 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DirtyDon123 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DirtyDon123 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DirtyDon123 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DirtyDon123 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'd have to go with a nice big mansion in the middle of a forest.

Or a shopping mall.

MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Something like this?

Only issue is supplies.

I think oil rig is the best idea actually. You can fish for food and distil water.

Only weakness is if they go along the seabed and climb up, but I doubt that's possible with the slippery moss that would be growing on the foundations.

Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000)
    A graveyard would be a good place, who the **** would want to go back there?

MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by MiKey4 View Post

Something like this?

Only issue is supplies.

I think oil rig is the best idea actually. You can fish for food and distil water.

Only weakness is if they go along the seabed and climb up, but I doubt that's possible with the slippery moss that would be growing on the foundations.
    Guys...Seriously?

Guys?

Originally Posted by MiKey4 View Post

Something like this?

Only issue is supplies.

Thats exactly what I had in mind, as long as its inaccessible by barefoot and preferably snowed over alot of the time.

Oil rig is still safe as zombies arent avid climbers. You actualy need some motor skills for that, zombies are only operating on basic instincts. They'd probably just claw at the supports, thats even assuming they achieve the impossible task of making that far out into the ocean.

Why would zombies be out that far? Theyre going after food and therell be plnety on land. I doubt theyd go into the water in the vain hope they find your oil rig. Unles one somehow fell in and was washed out to sea by the current. But hed decompose after a few days anyway.
    Last edited by lucious; 03-21-2010 at 05:41 AM.
    Nov 04-fatass @40%bf

Willie_Bosket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Willie_Bosket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Willie_Bosket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Willie_Bosket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Willie_Bosket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Willie_Bosket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Willie_Bosket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Willie_Bosket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Willie_Bosket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Willie_Bosket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Willie_Bosket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Y'all should read up about Switzerland's defense systems, underground bunkers armed to the teeth and sh!t, sounds nuts!

titan1234 is just really nice. (+1000) titan1234 is just really nice. (+1000) titan1234 is just really nice. (+1000) titan1234 is just really nice. (+1000) titan1234 is just really nice. (+1000) titan1234 is just really nice. (+1000) titan1234 is just really nice. (+1000) titan1234 is just really nice. (+1000) titan1234 is just really nice. (+1000) titan1234 is just really nice. (+1000) titan1234 is just really nice. (+1000)
    how about a prison or maybe an aircraft carrier or other large type ship.