Strik9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strik9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strik9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strik9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strik9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strik9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strik9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strik9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strik9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strik9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strik9 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

1st day of Keto diet! Please check out my daily routine inside, input appreciated

Hello,

So I was posting in the Nutrition forum this whole time about keto, didn't even realize there was a dedicated Keto forum!

I may have screwed up by drinking nonfat milk today. I had roughly 5 cups of nonfat milk in (2) protein shakes, which is about 60 carbs!! Tomorrow I am going to substitute the milk for water, and I am going to try and get some more veggies tomorrow.

I am currently 6'3 295 lbs, trying to ultimately get to 210 lbs.

Here is exactly what I ate today:

Saturday March 20, 2010

3:15 PM - (4) Over-Easy eggs with a dash of salt

4:20 PM - Cup of Coffee, Small dash of Sweet n low, 1/4 cup of non-fat milk

5:15 PM - 1 Spoonful of Natural Peanut Butter, Protein Shake (2.5 cups of nonfat milk, 54G of Whey Protein)

6:15 PM - 6 oz Lean Chicken Breast w/ no skin (from a whole chicken) and around 1/2 cup of cooked green beans (cooked in a little olive oil)

8:30 PM - (3) pieces of celery w/ natural peanut butter on them. Protein Shake (2.5 cups of nonfat milk, 54G of Whey Protein)

11:50 PM - 1/4 cup of shredded jack/colby cheddar cheese, 20 thin slices of turkey breast sandwich meat, and 3 large pieces of celery with natural peanut butter

Sunday March 21, 2010

- 3:25 AM - Couldn't sleep, hungry - went to the kitchen and had several slices of turkey breast sandwich meat (just ate it out of the bag) and about a 1/4 cup of shredded jack/colby chedder cheese and glass of water.
    Also, I'm not quite sure what I should be doing for working out, cardio. I don't have a gym membership right now, so I was planning on just doing pushups, situps, pullups, rope climb. Would this be alright, or do I really need to pump those free weights to maximize fat burn??

Input, advice?
    Last edited by Strik9; 03-21-2010 at 03:31 AM.
    "Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways"

Forgotten18 is just really nice. (+1000) Forgotten18 is just really nice. (+1000) Forgotten18 is just really nice. (+1000) Forgotten18 is just really nice. (+1000) Forgotten18 is just really nice. (+1000) Forgotten18 is just really nice. (+1000) Forgotten18 is just really nice. (+1000) Forgotten18 is just really nice. (+1000) Forgotten18 is just really nice. (+1000) Forgotten18 is just really nice. (+1000) Forgotten18 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I don't think you're understand how keto works. You're having non-fat milk, lean (skinless chicken breast), among other low-fat items. What you want for this diet is heavy cream, the fattiest piece of chicken you can get (wings?). A much better alternative would be a fatty piece of steak (ribeye, t-bone, etc). Check out the stickies.

avi from December 2010 RoyalGunz's Avatar
    RoyalGunz is a name known to all. (+5000) RoyalGunz is a name known to all. (+5000) RoyalGunz is a name known to all. (+5000) RoyalGunz is a name known to all. (+5000) RoyalGunz is a name known to all. (+5000) RoyalGunz is a name known to all. (+5000) RoyalGunz is a name known to all. (+5000) RoyalGunz is a name known to all. (+5000) RoyalGunz is a name known to all. (+5000) RoyalGunz is a name known to all. (+5000) RoyalGunz is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Deffinitly NO milk at all! You can try soy milk or almond breeze(milk type). They have I think 1g carb per cup. Or better yet, use water.

Honestly, count your calories. 20 pieces of turkey sounds like alot. Count those cals man. Use fitday.com

I think you might be over-doing the peanut butter because that is VERY calorie dense and you say "spoonful" or "celery with pb" but that could be MUCH more than you actually want. 2 tbsp of pb really doesnt look like much when weighed out. And watch the net carbs on that.

WEIGH your food out for exact measurements INSTEAD of guessimates. Trust me, It's worth it.

Go look at the stickies. Read them and understand them. Anymore questions, feel free to ask or just PM me.
    Last edited by RoyalGunz; 03-21-2010 at 06:53 AM.

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Keto is high fat, moderate protein. You've got to get rid of all the non-fat milk and chicken breasts.

Start making rib steak, salmon, whole eggs, lamb chops, chicken thighs etc the basis of your diet. Peanut butter can fill a gap but shouldn't be the main part of a meal. Eat lots of green veg.

Whey after workouts only and stick to plain whey and a small amount of dextrose. No fat post workout, and 30g of whey is plenty.

Celery is not the only veg. Learn to love broccoli, spinach, kale, chard, lettuce, green beans, asparagus, aubergine, fennel, mushrooms, rhubarb, salad greens.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

Strik9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strik9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strik9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strik9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strik9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strik9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strik9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strik9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strik9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strik9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strik9 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    Keto is high fat, moderate protein. You've got to get rid of all the non-fat milk and chicken breasts.

Start making rib steak, salmon, whole eggs, lamb chops, chicken thighs etc the basis of your diet. Peanut butter can fill a gap but shouldn't be the main part of a meal. Eat lots of green veg.

Whey after workouts only and stick to plain whey and a small amount of dextrose. No fat post workout, and 30g of whey is plenty.

Celery is not the only veg. Learn to love broccoli, spinach, kale, chard, lettuce, green beans, asparagus, aubergine, fennel, mushrooms, rhubarb, salad greens.
    Ok, thanks for the replies guys. I think I was trying to mix in dave palumbo's cutting diet. The more I read about keto the more I realize I dont understand. Im going to church right now but when I get home Im going to come up with a good keto diet for myself. Since Im 300 lbs Im hoping the fat will just pour off on this keto diet

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Strik9 View Post
    Ok, thanks for the replies guys. I think I was trying to mix in dave palumbo's cutting diet. The more I read about keto the more I realize I dont understand. Im going to church right now but when I get home Im going to come up with a good keto diet for myself. Since Im 300 lbs Im hoping the fat will just pour off on this keto diet
    It should.

For someone who has a lot of fat to lose, Keto is simple. Stick to the 65% fat, 30% protein and 5% carbs. Base meals on whole eggs, oily fish, rib steak or cheap ground beef, chicken things, lots and lots of green veg. Fill gaps with full fat cheese and nuts. Whey shake after lifting.

Unless you are lifting extremely hard, keep the carb-up short and conservative. Carb-up at maintenance on whole foods: oatmeal, brown rice, sweet and white potato, root veg, tuna, chicken breast, egg white, low fat dairy, wholegrains.

It should.

For someone who has a lot of fat to lose, Keto is simple. Stick to the 65% fat, 30% protein and 5% carbs. Base meals on whole eggs, oily fish, rib steak or cheap ground beef, chicken things, lots and lots of green veg. Fill gaps with full fat cheese and nuts. Whey shake after lifting.

Unless you are lifting extremely hard, keep the carb-up short and conservative. Carb-up at maintenance on whole foods: oatmeal, brown rice, sweet and white potato, root veg, tuna, chicken breast, egg white, low fat dairy, wholegrains.
    Hi Eileen,

Ok here is what I had today since 2:20 PM

- 3:25 AM - Couldn't sleep, hungry - went to the kitchen and had several slices of turkey breast sandwich meat and about a 1/4 cup of shredded jack/colby chedder cheese and glass of water.

- 10:50 AM - Woke up, had a large glass of iced tea w/ a scoop of sweet n low. More turkey meat, another 1/4 cup of shredded cheese

(I then read your replies on here)

- 2:20 PM - Chicken leg w/ skin (from whole chicken)

- 3:15 - Had (2) over easy eggs w/ shredded cheese melted on top. Then had (2) cans of tuna with 2 tbsp of regular mayo, 6 whole sticks of celery (with the tuna)

- 4:40 - Protein Shake (3 cups of water, 54G of Why Protein)

- 4:46 - Cup of cofee with 1 tbsp of creamer/sweetener (sitting in front of me, don't know if I should drink it since I added a tbsp creamer! thoughts on this?
    For dinner I am going to eat some more chicken /w skin and a ton of vegetables (girlfriend is making vegetable stir fry tonight.)

Is this looking a bit better?

Yes. I'd go easy on the cheese, at least at first. If in doubt, it's hard to go wrong with steak or salmon (or sardines and 75% ground beef if you are on a budget)

Real cream is fine on keto.

smt1 is just really nice. (+1000) smt1 is just really nice. (+1000) smt1 is just really nice. (+1000) smt1 is just really nice. (+1000) smt1 is just really nice. (+1000) smt1 is just really nice. (+1000) smt1 is just really nice. (+1000) smt1 is just really nice. (+1000) smt1 is just really nice. (+1000) smt1 is just really nice. (+1000) smt1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    What kind of creamer? They can be chock full of sugar if it's an artificial one.

I don't drink coffee much at all, but I guess pure heavy cream is likely your best bet. The lactose will be left in milk after the cream is seperated out.

Yes. I'd go easy on the cheese, at least at first. If in doubt, it's hard to go wrong with steak or salmon (or sardines and 75% ground beef if you are on a budget)

Hi Eileen,

Thank you so much for your help. I will kick back on the cheese - it's just been the easiest/quickest thing to eat lately haha, but I will take your advice.

So, how does the rest of my diet look (for today)?

Im sorry for the questions, I just want to get one good keto day down so I more or less have a template to work off of in the future.

BTW - it is nice being full all the time, I guess no carbs does that to you. Ive noticed a strange array of emotions in the last day or two - dont know if its related to the diet - but one hour I will be stressing out over stupid things and the next I will feel fine, then i get tired, then energetic, lol. I can live with it though

Originally Posted by smt1 View Post
    What kind of creamer? They can be chock full of sugar if it's an artificial one.

I don't drink coffee much at all, but I guess pure heavy cream is likely your best bet. The lactose will be left in milk after the cream is seperated out.
    the creamer is french vanilla international delight

Here is the info for 1 TBSP (about what I put in):

Calories:45

Calories from Fat: 18

Total Fat: 2.0g

Saturated Fat: 1.0g

Sodium: 5mg

Total Carbohydrates: 7.0g

Sugars: 6.0g

I read to stay under 50g carbs a day if I want to go into keto, so I figured one tbsp wouldnt hurt. Am I mistaken?

ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yeah, you need to limit your peanut butter consumption, 1 TBSP is 3-4 carbs and 2-3 of them net.

avi from December 2010 RoyalGunz's Avatar
    RoyalGunz is a name known to all. (+5000) RoyalGunz is a name known to all. (+5000) RoyalGunz is a name known to all. (+5000) RoyalGunz is a name known to all. (+5000) RoyalGunz is a name known to all. (+5000) RoyalGunz is a name known to all. (+5000) RoyalGunz is a name known to all. (+5000) RoyalGunz is a name known to all. (+5000) RoyalGunz is a name known to all. (+5000) RoyalGunz is a name known to all. (+5000) RoyalGunz is a name known to all. (+5000)

Eileen, what's wrong with all the cheese? Cheese is very keto friendly, correct?
    I eat 1oz shredded cheese AND 2 cheese strings per day. 3 net carbs total for all three. What's wrong with it?

smt1 is just really nice. (+1000) smt1 is just really nice. (+1000) smt1 is just really nice. (+1000) smt1 is just really nice. (+1000) smt1 is just really nice. (+1000) smt1 is just really nice. (+1000) smt1 is just really nice. (+1000) smt1 is just really nice. (+1000) smt1 is just really nice. (+1000) smt1 is just really nice. (+1000) smt1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    if I want to go into keto, so I figured one tbsp wouldnt hurt. Am I mistaken?
    As long as you stay within your daily intake limits, you'll be fine. When that stuff runs out, I would use ordinary heavy cream instead - it's just milk fat, no carbs.

Forgotten18 is just really nice. (+1000) Forgotten18 is just really nice. (+1000) Forgotten18 is just really nice. (+1000) Forgotten18 is just really nice. (+1000) Forgotten18 is just really nice. (+1000) Forgotten18 is just really nice. (+1000) Forgotten18 is just really nice. (+1000) Forgotten18 is just really nice. (+1000) Forgotten18 is just really nice. (+1000) Forgotten18 is just really nice. (+1000) Forgotten18 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Also, when you're all out, I'd stay away from that overly-processed deli meat like the turkey you speak of eating all day. Eat "real" meat.

Originally Posted by Forgotten18 View Post
    Also, when you're all out, I'd stay away from that overly-processed deli meat like the turkey you speak of eating all day. Eat "real" meat.
    Ok sounds good, I can do that.

Originally Posted by smt1 View Post
    As long as you stay within your daily intake limits, you'll be fine. When that stuff runs out, I would use ordinary heavy cream instead - it's just milk fat, no carbs.
    Alright, I will get some cream in my next shopping trip.

Other than that, how is my nutrition intake looking thus far? Am I on the right track?

Sunday March 21, 2010

3:25 AM
    - Several slices of turkey breast sandwich meat
    - 1/4 cup of shredded jack/colby chedder cheese

10:50 AM
    - Large glass of iced tea w/ a scoop of sweet n low.
    - More turkey meat, another 1/4 cup of shredded cheese

2:20 PM
    - Chicken leg w/ skin (from whole chicken)

3:15 PM
    - (2) over easy eggs w/ shredded cheese melted on top.
    - (2) cans of tuna with 2 tbsp of regular mayo
    - 6 whole sticks of celery (with the tuna)

4:40 PM
    - Protein Shake (3 cups of water, 54G of Whey Protein)

4:46 PM
    - Cup of cofee with 1 tbsp of creamer/sweetener

8:00 PM
    - 8oz of grilled chicken breast (got it from Chili's)
    - 10 oz of broccoli
    - 2oz of shredded carrots
    - Glass of iced tea w/ a teaspoon of sweet n low

10:40 PM
    - Chicken wing w/ skin from whole chicken
    - 2 TBSP of cream cheese
    - Glass of water w/ crystal light packet
    - Teaspoon of natural peanut butter

1:44 AM
    - 1/2 can of tuna w/ mayo, little cheese melted on top of it. Tall glass of water with diet snapple drink mix (no carbs, no sugar)

How'm I doin?
    Last edited by Strik9; 03-22-2010 at 01:58 AM.

Ok sounds good, I can do that.

- 3:25 AM - Couldn't sleep, hungry - went to the kitchen and had several slices of turkey breast sandwich meat and about a 1/4 cup of shredded jack/colby chedder cheese and glass of water.

- 10:50 AM - Large glass of iced tea w/ a scoop of sweet n low. More turkey meat, another 1/4 cup of shredded cheese
    - 2:20 PM - Chicken leg w/ skin (from whole chicken)
    - 3:15 PM - Had (2) over easy eggs w/ shredded cheese melted on top. Then had (2) cans of tuna with 2 tbsp of regular mayo, 6 whole sticks of celery (with the tuna)
    - 4:40 PM - Protein Shake (3 cups of water, 54G of Why Protein)
    - 4:46 PM- Cup of cofee with 1 tbsp of creamer/sweetener.
    - 8:00 PM - 8oz of grilled chicken breast (got it from Chili's) and around 10 oz of broccoli and 2oz of shredded carrots, glass of iced tea w/ a teaspoon of sweet n low
    Alright so if the above diet plan looks good to you guys for keto than I will go ahead and do the same thing tomorrow. Maybe I can get into keto tomorrow or the next day! I feel great too

Originally Posted by RoyalGunz View Post
    Eileen, what's wrong with all the cheese? Cheese is very keto friendly, correct?
    I eat 1oz shredded cheese AND 2 cheese strings per day. 3 net carbs total for all three. What's wrong with it?
    That amount is fine. Some people use cheese as a meat/fish substitute and eat 200g+ at a sitting.

In theory, cheese is perfect for keto, the macros are great, but too much does seem to stall some people. It's one of those things you have to find out for yourself, but if you are having problems, I'd look at the amount of pb and cheese.

rcb0424 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rcb0424 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rcb0424 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rcb0424 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rcb0424 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rcb0424 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rcb0424 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rcb0424 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rcb0424 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rcb0424 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rcb0424 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Alright so if the above diet plan looks good to you guys for keto than I will go ahead and do the same thing tomorrow. Maybe I can get into keto tomorrow or the next day! I feel great too
    I'd kick the sweet tea and drink only water. You should be drinking a gallon of water a day. It will help flush you out and knock off water weight. Its also healthy and drinking cold water can speed your metabolism because your body will burn calories in an attempt to heat the cold water that you ingest.

Originally Posted by rcb0424 View Post
    I'd kick the sweet tea and drink only water. You should be drinking a gallon of water a day. It will help flush you out and knock off water weight. Its also healthy and drinking cold water can speed your metabolism because your body will burn calories in an attempt to heat the cold water that you ingest.
    Thank you all for the help! I will try and stay away from the sweet tea and only chug water, can I still have my coffee?

And now for my results thus far:

Saturday I weight 290.5 lbs.

This morning, right after I woke up - I weighed at 284.5. (I did piss alot though lol)

They say coffee can sway your blood sugar levels. I never had a problem with it, I drink a huge amount. I did however switch over to decaf during keto, not sure if it makes a difference. Try the diet with coffee, try it without. See what works for you better.

They say coffee can sway your blood sugar levels. I never had a problem with it, I drink a huge amount. I did however switch over to decaf during keto, not sure if it makes a difference. Try the diet with coffee, try it without. See what works for you better.
    Thanks man, I seem to be losing weight and Im drinking coffee once a day. Maybe it works for me. After dinner, completely stuffed and I still weighed in at 287.5 which is 3 lbs lighter than a few days ago.

Im hoping I will wake up tomorrow and weigh around 283

Here is my diet for today. You guys see any 'red flags'? Thanks

Monday March 22, 2010

9:00 AM
    - Large glass of water
    - Protein Shake w/ almond milk (no carb, unsweetened)
    - Large glass of water w/ Snapple diet mix (no carb, no sugar)

12:15 PM
    - Can of tuna w/ tbsp of real mayo
    - 20 oz of veggies (from a frozen bag) includes broccoli, cauliflower, celery, carrots and some other green stuff. VERY filling but taste not so great
    - Cup of black coffee w/ half n half added (1 tbsp) and sweet n low
    - Also had a large glass of homebrew iced tea today w/ sweet n low, trying to not drink it anymore

2:30 PM

- (2) beef hot dogs with ketchup on them, large glass of water

5:50 PM

- (2) pieces of roasted chicken legs
    - (5) deviled eggs (yoke/mayo/mustard for filler)
    - Salad w/ ranch dressing
    - Large glass of water

9:00 PM

- (2) large chicken legs w/ skin
    - Small bowl of salad w/ ranch dressing
    - Large glass of water
    - (1) TBSP of cream cheese
    Last edited by Strik9; 03-22-2010 at 10:10 PM.

Hot Dogs are the same deal as deli meats, highly processed. I'd avoid them. Basically any kind of meat that isn't bought raw, is highly processed by rule of thumb. Not too familiar with the macros of almond milk, but IMO Heavy cream and/or water mixed with your shake would be better (higher fat).

ophelia53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ophelia53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ophelia53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ophelia53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ophelia53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ophelia53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ophelia53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ophelia53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ophelia53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ophelia53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ophelia53 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Do you know what you need to be intaking, as far as protein and calories?
    It doesn't seem like you're getting quite enough protein to me, but that may be because I'm only seeing the small numbers instead of associating them with the larger picture here.
    The post further up of eating 6 times that day is really good. Try to make that a habit. 4 times a day should be minimum.
    Try keeping a food log like these guys said. You can plug in numbers at fitday.com or you can use a notebook and keep track.
    Measure everything out, water intake, supplements, and you'll know, without a doubt, what's working and what isnt.
    This diet takes some getting used to at first. It's really hard to wrap your mind around the fact that you're actually supposed to be eating all this fat and no carbs, but stick with it, let it baffle you and enjoy it. What other diet lets you eat steak and green veggies and then have some heavy cream afterwards?
    :P
    My first powerlifting meet: October 5th 2013

Hot Dogs are the same deal as deli meats, highly processed. I'd avoid them. Basically any kind of meat that isn't bought raw, is highly processed by rule of thumb. Not too familiar with the macros of almond milk, but IMO Heavy cream and/or water mixed with your shake would be better (higher fat).
    Ok, sounds good. Damn - I love the cheese hot dogs LOL, but I will stay away from them as well. There is so much stuff to eat on this keto diet, I can afford to skip the hot dogs haha

Originally Posted by ophelia53 View Post
    Do you know what you need to be intaking, as far as protein and calories?
    It doesn't seem like you're getting quite enough protein to me, but that may be because I'm only seeing the small numbers instead of associating them with the larger picture here.
    The post further up of eating 6 times that day is really good. Try to make that a habit. 4 times a day should be minimum.
    Try keeping a food log like these guys said. You can plug in numbers at fitday.com or you can use a notebook and keep track.
    Measure everything out, water intake, supplements, and you'll know, without a doubt, what's working and what isnt.
    This diet takes some getting used to at first. It's really hard to wrap your mind around the fact that you're actually supposed to be eating all this fat and no carbs, but stick with it, let it baffle you and enjoy it. What other diet lets you eat steak and green veggies and then have some heavy cream afterwards?
    :P
    For protein, I'm 285 lbs, so roughly 300-330g of protein?

I hate to admit I haven't been recording my macros on most things. I just check the fat, protein and carbs and then I make a decision.

Also I updated today's meal list above with the last meal I just ate, (2) pieces of chicken legs and a salad w/ ranch dressing.

On a side note, I got these diet snapple instant-drinks with no sugar or carbs, and I just throw one in my glass of water and it tastes delicious. I did have some sweetnlow today, I am going to stay away from that from now on

Also here are some symptoms I've noticed in the last 48 hours:

- I've drank over a gallon of water today, but my mouth is real dry. I have cottonmouth pretty bad.

- My muscles feel kinda strange.

- I have a ton of energy. I have more energy now than in the last 3 years. I feel like I can go workout and maintain energy throughout my workouts.

- I have had to re-apply deodorant like 3x today, and I haven't been very active

- I am pissing, alot! I was getting out of bed like every 5 minutes last night to piss. My urine is clear colored, so I know I'm hydrated.

- Veins are starting to show in my forearms

- Much more muscle definition is appearing in my shoulders again

Has Ketosis kicked in? Only after 2 days?
    Last edited by Strik9; 03-23-2010 at 12:07 AM.

Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000)
    For protein, I'm 285 lbs, so roughly 300-330g of protein?
    Try 1 gr / lb of lean mass.

It sounds like you are on the way.
    "Arterial plaque is primarily composed of unsaturated fats particularly polyunsaturated ones." (Felton, C V, et al, Lancet, 1994, 344:1195)

How to bulk: http://70sbig.com/food/

Diet = http://i52.tinypic.com/21bhop.png
    ...or something like this daily. Problem? ;)

FFMI = 24

rcb0424 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rcb0424 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rcb0424 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rcb0424 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rcb0424 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rcb0424 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rcb0424 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rcb0424 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rcb0424 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rcb0424 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rcb0424 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Also here are some symptoms I've noticed in the last 48 hours:

- I've drank over a gallon of water today, but my mouth is real dry. I have cottonmouth pretty bad.

- My muscles feel kinda strange.

- I have a ton of energy. I have more energy now than in the last 3 years. I feel like I can go workout and maintain energy throughout my workouts.

- I have had to re-apply deodorant like 3x today, and I haven't been very active

- I am pissing, alot! I was getting out of bed like every 5 minutes last night to piss. My urine is clear colored, so I know I'm hydrated.

- Veins are starting to show in my forearms

- Much more muscle definition is appearing in my shoulders again

Its possible keto has kicked in after 2 days, especially because your fat to protein ratio looks good. For now, not keeping the macros is probably fine for you. I've seen it recommended that when starting the diet you can get away the first 2 weeks or so just making sure your carbs are down and your fat and protein are high. You will still lose weight, but a lot will be water weight.

Eventually, and I'd say the sooner the better, you will need to keep macros and calories. You'll need to find your maintenance calories, and subtract 500, and stay at that caloric limit to make sure you are cutting off fat. You'll also need to track macros to make sure you are around a 65/35/5 ratio.

I personally dont keep exact macros. I go by grams and labels. My macros have me eating 130 grams of fat and protein a day and I keep carbs to under 20 g. So by the end of the day I just make sure I'm around those numbers. A lot of people keep exact numbers but I find that hard to do without a digital foodscale, which I think is a good investment, but I dont feel like dropping 70 bucks on it at this point.

Also, you should be supplementing with a good multi vitamin and fish oil pills.

The good part about this diet is the initial weight loss and how it can motivate you. But, you cant take that for granted because a lot of it is water, so you'll need to start strapping down and concentrating on calories and macros, but you seem headed on the right track. I wouldnt carb up for the first 2 weeks either. Also, unless you are lifting heavy, I'd recommend when you do carb up, one like mine (and I actually lift heavy but I'm not a huge muscle guy) that you wake up on a Saturday morning, do a depletion workout, then carb up the rest of Saturday, and get back on the keto diet on Sunday.

Some experts might disagree and they probably know more than me. I like that carb up for me and think it would work well for a lot of people that arent huge muscle wise, and it also allows me to hop right back into ketosis by Sunday night.