The_Reaper is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Reaper is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Reaper is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Reaper is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Reaper is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Reaper is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Reaper is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Reaper is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Reaper is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Reaper is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Reaper is a name known to all. (+5000)

What's the difference between "total carbs" and "of which sugars"?

Aren't all carbs turned into sugars eventually?

StrongFace is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongFace is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongFace is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongFace is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongFace is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongFace is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongFace is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongFace is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongFace is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongFace is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongFace is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by The_Reaper View Post
    Complexity of the carb.

Glycemic index.

Insulin.

something something.

If it didnt matter, id add sugar to my shakes instead of oats.

zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by StrongFace View Post
    Complexity of the carb.

Glycemic index.

Insulin.

something something.

If it didnt matter, id add sugar to my shakes instead of oats.
    It doesn't. The only difference is micronutrients.
    1708 total @220 Raw
    Improve my total every time I step on the platform.

Being a male is a matter of birth. However, being a "man" is a matter of choice.

Photo in Avi is not current, I'm way fatter now.

ianianian is not very helpful. (-500) ianianian is not very helpful. (-500) ianianian is not very helpful. (-500) ianianian is not very helpful. (-500) ianianian is not very helpful. (-500) ianianian is not very helpful. (-500) ianianian is not very helpful. (-500) ianianian is not very helpful. (-500) ianianian is not very helpful. (-500) ianianian is not very helpful. (-500) ianianian is not very helpful. (-500)
    satiety is a HUGE issue for the normal person IMO

but those of us on a set diet and possess will power it is not as big of an issue

Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by The_Reaper View Post
    Right, they do change into glucose.

If you've ever done carb-up/refeed, there is certain carb/sugar that won't replenish muscle glycogen, instead the liver.

Ignore this, read post#6 Fructose is found most of time in fruits, this sugar goes straight to liver. Ignore this, read post#6

Sucrose on nutrition labels under carbs, half goes to liver & other to muscle glycogen.

Dextrose (don't see often), goes to muscle glycogen 100%.

Beneficial to regulate lepins & other hormone during long duration of dieting, also mental boost. Of course filling the muscle for intense power workout the next day.

My view point of it carb refeeds currently.
    Last edited by Vietgoboi; 04-19-2010 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Educated by Rhizome.

rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Vietgoboi View Post
    Right, they do change into glucose.

If you've ever done carb-up/refeed, there is certain carb/sugar that won't replenish muscle glycogen, instead the liver.

Fructose is found most of time in fruits, this sugar goes straight to liver.

Sucrose on nutrition labels under carbs, half goes to liver & other to muscle glycogen.

Dextrose (don't see often), goes to muscle glycogen 100%.

Beneficial to regulate lepins & other hormone during long duration of dieting, also mental boost. Of course filling the muscle for intense power workout the next day.

My view point of it carb refeeds currently.
    Fructose not being able to replenish muscle glycogen is a myth.

http://jap.physiology.org/cgi/conten...ract/81/4/1495

Registered User RealMenDeadLift's Avatar
    RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by rhizome View Post

Yay! Now I have a better reference to show for that fact.

That is another myth people need to learn about. Fructose is merely an inferior source for glycogenesis, not an impossible one.
    Any fool can make a rule, and any fool will mind it.

On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Just another reason to eat more good tasting fruits this summer

Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by rhizome View Post

Thanks, I change my post.

It does replenish muscle glycogen, but not same potential as regular glucose.

Fructose -> more goes to liver, some to muscle glycogen, seeing how the rating on the study showed. (correct me if I got the concept wrong).

Registered User RealMenDeadLift's Avatar
    RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Vietgoboi View Post
    Thanks, I change my post.

It does replenish muscle glycogen, but not same potential as regular glucose.

Fructose -> more goes to liver, some to muscle glycogen, seeing how the rating on the study showed. (correct me if I got the concept wrong).
    Correct, for instance, on a carb up, heavy doses of fructose lead to poorer gylcogenesis vs. heavier glucose doses.
    Any fool can make a rule, and any fool will mind it.

The_Reaper is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Reaper is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Reaper is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Reaper is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Reaper is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Reaper is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Reaper is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Reaper is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Reaper is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Reaper is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Reaper is a name known to all. (+5000)
    So....none of you should consider teaching as an occupation

:-S