sszero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sszero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sszero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sszero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sszero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sszero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sszero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sszero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sszero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sszero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sszero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How does weight work?

So, since 1lb = 3500cals, what does that mean for immediate weight? For example, if I weight 200lbs, and eat 5lbs of food, does the 1/3500 apply only after the food is digested? Which would mean that 5lbs of food would degenerate into whatever the caloric ratio designates it to be? For example, 5lbs of celery vs 5lbs of McDonalds. Obviously the McDonalds would carry far more calories, but again, does that only matter after digestion? Also, what about water weight? How does that work since it still holds a value in your weight yet it does not have a caloric value? Based on the 1/3500 ratio, water should carry no weight on the body at all, but it does.

Miknal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miknal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miknal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miknal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miknal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miknal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miknal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miknal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miknal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miknal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miknal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It is 1lb of fat = 3500cals, not 1lb of anything mate.

If you want to know how many calories something has, look at the back of the packet.

Mr-Paradox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr-Paradox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr-Paradox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr-Paradox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr-Paradox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr-Paradox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr-Paradox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr-Paradox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr-Paradox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr-Paradox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr-Paradox has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    A Kcalorie is a measure of energy, not weight. If you eat 5lbs of any food you will be 5 lbs heavier than before you ate it

Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by sszero View Post
    So, since 1lb = 3500cals, what does that mean for immediate weight? For example, if I weight 200lbs, and eat 5lbs of food, does the 1/3500 apply only after the food is digested? Which would mean that 5lbs of food would degenerate into whatever the caloric ratio designates it to be? For example, 5lbs of celery vs 5lbs of McDonalds. Obviously the McDonalds would carry far more calories, but again, does that only matter after digestion? Also, what about water weight? How does that work since it still holds a value in your weight yet it does not have a caloric value? Based on the 1/3500 ratio, water should carry no weight on the body at all, but it does.
    are you actually 20? I sure hope not

Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000)
    The weight of food inside your stomach isn't the same as weight that could be gained or lost through absorption.....

I mean seriously? Come on man, I think im gonna wake up in a minute!

sszero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sszero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sszero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sszero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sszero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sszero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sszero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sszero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sszero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sszero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sszero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Mr-Paradox View Post
    A Kcalorie is a measure of energy, not weight. If you eat 5lbs of any food you will be 5 lbs heavier than before you ate it
    But they can transfer to weight no? Otherwise 1lb of fat can not = 3500 cals.

Originally Posted by Opies View Post
    are you actually 20? I sure hope not
    So instead of actually attempting to answer my question you go and make a personal attack against me because I clearly know about jack **** about nutrition. Is that because youre attempting to cover your ass because you cant answer my questions? That way you dont look as clueless as me?

Originally Posted by Alyion View Post
    The weight of food inside your stomach isn't the same as weight that could be gained or lost through absorption.....

I mean seriously? Come on man, I think im gonna wake up in a minute!
    No its not, but your weight will only change if its used or excreted right? If the weight of the food you eat is what your body increases by then why do calories matter? Paradox says if you eat 5lbs of any food youll be 5lbs heavier. So other than from a macro/micro/health ( solely weight ) standpoint, why would counting cals matter if the weight of the food you eat is what effects your body weight?

Also, if you must post please post something constructive. Whether or not you think im dumb or whatever is irrelevant and is not germane to topic. Im just looking for answers to my questions, if you dont like them then dont post.

Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000)
    Guy, I really don't understand what the question is posing anymore. The extra weight of the food would make someone weigh more yes, but the human body is constantly breaking itself down and building itslef up and it needs the micro/macro nutrients in order to sustain itself - too much and it stores excess as either fat or muscle, too less it loses fat and muscle - training well is the varible that hopefully throws the balance into the favor of whatever goal you requre.
    Last edited by Alyion; 03-20-2010 at 01:16 PM.