mikekais has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikekais has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikekais has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikekais has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikekais has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikekais has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikekais has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikekais has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikekais has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikekais has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikekais has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Could someone please recommend a good support belt?

I know that belts are more and more frowned upon for lifting, but I'm looking for one for a more therapeutic application.

I'm a 25 year old former D1 athlete, but had a spine surgery (L4/L5 discectomy) a few years ago because of a congenital spine problem. While the primary injury is resolved, I am prone to back problems, and can have tweak it from things as stupid as sneezing or opening a car door wrong.

I have been increasing my core strength in hopes of toning this down, but stuff does happen.

Basically, I'm looking for something to wear in the time after I tweak my back so that I can allow it to heal without adding extra stresses, and hopefully function a bit more normally because of the extra support for my spine - the pain can be really debilitating.

Like anything else, there are a hundred different kinds of belts, and I don't really know where else to ask for advice. I was hoping that you all would be able to give me some help.

Thank you,

Mike

In case it's relevant, I am 6'1'' and weigh about 210

Registered User II Cybershot II's Avatar
    II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Anyone who frowns upon using a belt during weightlifting doesn't know what the purpose of a belt is.

I don't know what kind of belt or support you would wear around all the time, hopefully someone does but I just wanted to say my peace.

mikekais has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikekais has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikekais has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikekais has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikekais has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikekais has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikekais has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikekais has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikekais has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikekais has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikekais has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I know that it would be cumbersome, but I was picturing it as wearing a normal lifting belt.

Former Bench Jockey FastCatChamp's Avatar
    FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I bought an Inzer 10mm lever belt.....it will be the last belt that I ever need to purchase.
    Home Journal: Me vs. Myself @.....http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125942203

Levels and goals...........
    Kitten[CURRENT]...Cat[Application Submitted]..Alleycat..Bobcat...Puma...Lion....Tiger.

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Might be worth reading some of Dr. McGill's work before you decide on wearing a belt around.

http://www.amazon.com/Low-Back-Disor...1245685&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Fitne...1245685&sr=8-2
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #53 ▪█─────█▪
    ^^^^^^^ 6' 6" and Over Crew ^^^^^^^
    ------------- No Vax Crew ----------------

irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i have a belt from dean best , it also will last a lifetime. i use it on all my heavier squats, dl,& bb rows.

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    You aren't going to want a lifting belt. Something like a back supporter like warehouse or furniture mover use would be more like it. However, no belt really "supports" the back, they all just help slightly. You aren't going to want to use it for lifting either, training the core and back is probably your best help but won't work if the belt was supporting the weight for you.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17