priest.543 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

ACE test, sample questions?

can anyobody provide details about the ACE certification test, about how long is the test? Any sample questions similar to what may be on the test? I am a senior at Ohio State and have already taken Anatomy, and Kinesiology...just wondering how necessary the study books would be.
    Last edited by priest.543; 03-19-2010 at 09:23 AM.

I didn't hear no bell! Rap_Rocky's Avatar
    Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by priest.543 View Post
    can anyobody provide details about the ACE certification test, about how long is the test? Any sample questions similar to what may be on the test? I am a senior at Ohio State and have already taken Anatomy, and Kinesiology...just wondering how necessary the study books would be.
    As an ACE certified trainer myself, I'd say the textbooks are crucial because you'll still have to learn their method/application of training which can't be taught at any school. Even though you may know a lot science-wise, you'll see that the test doesn't have that many questions relating with kinesiology, biology, etc..

Personally, the test itself was good. Some will say it's dumb easy and I think it's because they ask a lot of common sense questions - but these are the questions most people trip over on the exam. Trust me, just don't do the mistake of believing the hype and take the ACE exam for granted.
    I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying.
    I'm not out there sweating for three hours every day just to find out what it feels like to sweat.

Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Most of the multiple choice questions are easy on the ACE test, but while most are common sense some are specifically to test you if you read ACE guidelines. You need to read their textbook because if you don;t know their guidelines then you will have a bad time.

Example: One of the questions may ask what you would recommend for a pregnant client... While some of the answers might be appropriate or even perfect, ACE takes a very conservative approach and is the answer they expect.
    ~Coach Rick Sterling Tarleton
    USA Weightlifting, USA Track&Field
    CrossFit L-1, ISSA CFT, Pilates
    www.CoachRickSterling.com