Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    staddy1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) staddy1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) staddy1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) staddy1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) staddy1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) staddy1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) staddy1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) staddy1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) staddy1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) staddy1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) staddy1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ZoranM View Post
    Ofcorse i dont.But,u might wanna read what i was replying to:
    "Bodybuilding is a lifestyle. Anyone who follows this lifestyle is a bodybuilder.
    An individual who competes professionally is a professional bodybuilder."
    U can feel free to call urself a maid though
    well i eat well, lift weights and throw a football everyday with my buddies at lunch. does that make me a football player? your arguement has holes all over it brah. what else do you besides "bodybuilding"? obviously you eat everyday, probably more then once, does that make you a cook or a chef? nope!
    i cried when i had no shoes, until i saw a man with no feet.

ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by staddy1 View Post
    well i eat well, lift weights and throw a football everyday with my buddies at lunch. does that make me a football player? your arguement has holes all over it brah. what else do you besides "bodybuilding"? obviously you eat everyday, probably more then once, does that make you a cook or a chef? nope!

What is this,do u need a specific timeline in how long one should lift,cook,or clean
    to be called a bbuilder,chef or a maid?
    I dont work out,i train.I train hard.I have a speciffic diet.Supplementation.
    Sometimes my training hurts.Sometimes i feel like vommiting.Sometimes i vommit coz of it.
    And i like it that way.I build muscle."BodyBUILDING".I gain fat.I find ways to lower its percentage.Its been so for years.Its a lifestyle.
    Wheter i compete or not doesnt make a difference at all,or wheter im 130 or 260 lbs at the moment.I interpret ,myself the way i already said it.
    Your interpretation of me is one of your free will,i am just stating the obvious.
    After all,besides learning a few things and helping some ppl, we are here to disagree.
    Sadly,some are here only to troll.
    bb.com, a place that turned Deadlift into a forearm isolation exercise

and a place where 99% of 21 year olds have bad back and knees.

ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by SquatTilYouDrop View Post
    Y
    I commend you on your transformation over the last 10 years. Well done.
    Thank you.That is always nice to hear from someone who can understand
    and appreciate the dedication.
    bb.com, a place that turned Deadlift into a forearm isolation exercise

and a place where 99% of 21 year olds have bad back and knees.

Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Bump op needs more answers
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ''Bro, get yourself under control lol next thing we know Illy is gonna be 175 lbs, addicted to coke, involved in gang activity, and with a 365 max deadlift... ''-Blizzard589
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by seveneightnine View Post
    Not sure why "functionality" and "bodybuilding" have to be mutually exclusive?
    because bodybuilders use techniques that isolate and take away issue regarding stabilization. And by funcitonality I basically mean strength.

im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I think you'll find that many bodybuilders (but not all)are very fragile people and sometimes need something to hang their hat on. Such as calling themselves bodybuilders even though no other activity or profession could you do (not do) the same nor would anyone outside of the sport call them bodybuilders. It's better to just let it go or not and put their emotional fragility on display
    Last edited by im2manly; 03-20-2010 at 08:18 PM.

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up

What is this,do u need a specific timeline in how long one should lift,cook,or clean
    Sometimes my training hurts.Sometimes i feel like vommiting.Sometimes i vommit coz of it.
    And i like it that way.I build muscle."BodyBUILDING".I gain fat.I find ways to lower its percentage.Its been so for years.Its a lifestyle.
    Wheter i compete or not doesnt make a difference at all,or wheter im 130 or 260 lbs at the moment.I interpret ,myself the way i already said it.
    Your interpretation of me is one of your free will,i am just stating the obvious.
    After all,besides learning a few things and helping some ppl, we are here to disagree.
    Repped.

Location: N.Ireland - Scotland, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    When do the hugs start?
    "Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way round or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves…" - Dao de Ching

The biggest secret in life is not that we go through life discovering ourselves but that we go through life creating our selves. Think about that.

Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SquatTilYouDrop View Post
    I wasn't going to get into this sh*t but since you so adamantly voiced your opinion on the subject.

Let me get this straight...So if I specifically diet and train for years to build muscles all over my body but never choose to compete on stage and become professional, I'm not bodybuilding? What the Hell would you call it then? What is the pure definition of body building anyways?

That would be like saying weekend tennis players and golfers are not allowed to call them selves tennis players or golfers because they don't compete against Roger Federer or Tiger Woods.

Levels (beginner, intermediate, advanced, professional) encompass ownership of a title. Not just the top echelon.

No hugs today matty!!
    Has anyone seen the direct correlation of 5 page threads and pretty much im always there lol think about it..

ON the above posts as much as i dont like saying it, im probably in favour of STYD thoughts and the great man Zoran,.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ''Bro, get yourself under control lol next thing we know Illy is gonna be 175 lbs, addicted to coke, involved in gang activity, and with a 365 max deadlift... ''-Blizzard589
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    damn all thats confusing, what title should i go with?
    Whatever you choose.

Originally Posted by matt297 View Post
    When do the hugs start?
    No sympathy for the immense amount of misconception and misinformation rampant among some individuals in this thread.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Ironlife View Post
    No hugs today matty!!

Originally Posted by DJAuto View Post
    No sympathy for the immense amount of misconception and misinformation rampant among some individuals in this thread.
    This thread was quite funny, but a bit drawn out. I think everyone was coming from different points of view, trying to argue diffrent things, one minute saying something good then the next something stupid. Twas truley a mess!
    "Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way round or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves…" - Dao de Ching

The biggest secret in life is not that we go through life discovering ourselves but that we go through life creating our selves. Think about that.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    I think everyone was coming from different points of view, trying to argue diffrent things, one minute saying something good then the next something stupid. Twas truley a mess!
    I can only speak for myself. When I post in any thread, I post from many years' real, uninterrupted gym and kitchen experience. I've been training longer than many of the 'experts' in this forum have been out of diapers.

I'm not going to waste any of my valuable time arguing with any of them. People who read my advice can take it for what it's worth to them, or not. Makes no difference to me.

The only thing else I'll add to this sorry thread is that you get 20 years' experience in 20 years, and not 1 or 2 years of arguing on teh netz.

If people want to remain closed-minded to different ideas, that's their prerogative, and also their loss.
    Last edited by ironwill2008; 03-21-2010 at 02:06 PM.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    I can only speak for myself. When I post in any thread, I post from many years' real, uninterrupted gym and kitchen experience. I've been training longer than many of the 'experts' in this forum have been out of diapers.

I'm not going to waste any of my valuable time arguing with any of them. People who read my advice can take it for what it's worth to them, or not. Makes no difference to me.

The only thing else I'll add to this sorry thread is that you get 20 years' experience in 20 years, and not 1 or 2 years of arguing on teh netz.
    Not sure if you are being defensive to my comment or just adding to it. Either way, yes everybody should speak from their own experience. Although I do acknowledge that people can debate and talk about what they believe as long as they acknowledge that it just that. Their belief. Problem is most cant admit fault and argue for the sake of character to 'hold face'.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Not sure if you are being defensive to my comment or just adding to it. Either way, yes everybody should speak from their own experience. Although I do acknowledge that people can debate and talk about what they believe as long as they acknowledge that it just that. Their belief. Problem is most cant admit fault and argue for the sake of character to 'hold face'.
    No, Matt, not being defensive towards you at all.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

If people want to remain closed-minded to different ideas, that's their perogative, and also their loss.
    ^^^^^This! And thank you!

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

If people want to remain closed-minded to different ideas, that's their perogative, and also their loss.
    boy will you be sorry when you realize that these folks were the ONLY ones who ever took a physiology class or read a book and tried to apply it to bodybuilding...
    CSCS, ACSM cPT.