halo60 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How do I get arm definition?

I work out on my arms, but need to know the right excersices to get more definition in my arms.

karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've been growing better defined arms over the last 6 months since doing more heavy lifting focusing on the delts...building up those shoulders should bring out some cuts, also body fat % does play a pretty huge part as well. If you have alot of fat on your arms you won't see much definition. So I guess it all boils down to diet in the end.
    ...karoline...

Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    First, the muscle has to be there...so lift heavy! I've actually noticed the greatest changes in my arms come along with things like being able to bench press a greater weight (bench is primarily a chest movement but also greatly involves your triceps and front delts), or rowing/pulling down or up a greater weight (for your back but also depends on your biceps and rear delts). Obviously, shoulder press is one of the best things you can do for your shoulders (and triceps). You'll want to use a variety of grips over time. The key is to think big...you want to move LOTS of weight and you can't do that with things like tricep kickbacks. If you are doing those bigger lifts and placing them ahead of single joint movements work on your strength and you're eating well, lean mass gains will follow.

Once you've got a good base workout comprised of compound lifts, you can add single joint moves to further challenge your arms and shoulders. But don't focus your workouts around them. Just add 1-2 for your biceps at the end of back day and 1-2 for triceps at the end of chest and/or shoulder day for now.

Like Caroline said, once you have the lean mass available to show through, definition is about having low enough bodyfat through that area. Fortunately, most people carry bodyfat in such a way that they don't have to have a six pack in order to have nice arms. Upper body normally is a place the body doesn't store too much fat to begin with and is one of the first places that will start looking defined.

transformation started... aussieangie's Avatar
    aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Amanda76 View Post
    First, the muscle has to be there...so lift heavy! I've actually noticed the greatest changes in my arms come along with things like being able to bench press a greater weight (bench is primarily a chest movement but also greatly involves your triceps and front delts), or rowing/pulling down or up a greater weight (for your back but also depends on your biceps and rear delts). Obviously, shoulder press is one of the best things you can do for your shoulders (and triceps). You'll want to use a variety of grips over time. The key is to think big...you want to move LOTS of weight and you can't do that with things like tricep kickbacks. If you are doing those bigger lifts and placing them ahead of single joint movements work on your strength and you're eating well, lean mass gains will follow.

Once you've got a good base workout comprised of compound lifts, you can add single joint moves to further challenge your arms and shoulders. But don't focus your workouts around them. Just add 1-2 for your biceps at the end of back day and 1-2 for triceps at the end of chest and/or shoulder day for now.

Like Caroline said, once you have the lean mass available to show through, definition is about having low enough bodyfat through that area. Fortunately, most people carry bodyfat in such a way that they don't have to have a six pack in order to have nice arms. Upper body normally is a place the body doesn't store too much fat to begin with and is one of the first places that will start looking defined.
    This^^^
    Angie....
    "For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer" - Arnold
    (\__/)
    (=’.’=)
    (”)_(”)
    POINTS TO REMEMBER - If you can't kill it, grow it, or pick it, you probably shouldn't be eating it!!!

NasOz1979 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Amanda76 View Post

Always find your advice useful Amanda!