Peanut Butter Crepes
Adapted from Pasta Queen’s Peanut Butter Crepes
6 egg whites*
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 TBL sugar or Splenda
2 TBL all-natural peanut butter, creamy
- Using a mixer with the whisk attachment or an immersion blender, blend the eggs together until foamy.
- Mix in the vanilla, sugar/Splenda and peanut butter. Whisk thoroughly.
- Spray a nonstick skillet (a 10 inch omelet pan works best) with cooking spray or lightly coat with butter or vegetable oil. Heat skillet over medium heat.
- Once skillet is hot, drop a large ladle of batter into center of pan. Swirl batter in pan slightly to coat evenly.
- When small bubbles begin to appear in the batter (roughly 1 1/2 – 2 minutes), use a large flat spatula to flip the crepe. Cook on second side for a few minutes, until lightly browned.
- While still warm, spread with a generous amount of the cream cheese mixture (recipe below) and roll.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon, maple syrup or agave nectar and serve warm!
Makes 5-6 medium sized crepes.
* Use the yolks to make some yummy key lime cheesecakes!
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Filling
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 TBL sugar or Splenda
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine all ingredients thoroughly using a mixer, whisk or a fork.
- Once thoroughly combined, spread across warm crepes.
Thread: Peanut butter crepes (pic)