Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50)

HIIT on a Mountain bike

I have been losing weight for about a year now. I have went from about 280 to 195 over this year. I lost some the healthy way as in just eating right and I lost some because of just not eating after a breakup.I am back to doing it the right way now.

Anyway I am stuck at 195. I know I will get some hate for this but I dont count calories. I lost the last 20-25 pounds eating the same couple different foods and the same amounts. I lift 3 days a week following Allpros workout. I hate doing actual cardio (treadmill elliptical) but I always wanted to start mountain biking, so I bought one. Is it possible to do HIIT on a MB? If so what would a good HIIT workout look like? Thanks.

mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you're stuck in fat loss, it's time to start counting calories again, at least for just a week or two, to make sure you haven't inadvertently increased how much you eat.

Very small differences in portion sizes can add up to very big calorie shifts.

The only way you're going to do HITT on a mountainbike, at least to the detailed/controlled protocols that are specified, is while riding on road on flat ground. Otherwise, simply riding the bike through off-road terrain will naturally be an interval workout, you just won't really have much control over how you time the intervals, which also means you won't be able to work to the same intensity during the intervals since you may not get enough recovery time between intervals.

Besides that, a 30 minute bike ride isn't enough. If you're riding off-road you'll be having so much fun you'll want to ride WAY longer. I rarely spend less than an hour and a half at a time on the local trails.

Also, adding HIIT won't make one single bit of difference in terms of fat loss if you don't have calorie intake under control first.

AdamRingshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamRingshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamRingshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamRingshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamRingshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamRingshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamRingshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamRingshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamRingshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamRingshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamRingshall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My personal belief is you can do high intensity cardio intervals anywhere with any equipment if you are creative.

It's true however to get the best fat burning potential from them you will need to have some structure and be able to monitor intensity etc and progress.

Here's an idea...

Simply find a really big hill. Either super steep or just very long. Go from bottom to top as fast as possible and time your self. Slowly cycle down and recover (for the same amount of time each time) and then repeat, each time trying to better or at least match the previous time up the hill. Repeat for desired reps and record your results.

Progressive and structured.... Just how I would do hill sprints or stairs for high intensity cardio intervals.

Hope that helps a little

Adam
    Get a Free video course on boosting metabolism and fat loss at www.BodyByAdam.co.uk

Rubicon4door is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rubicon4door is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rubicon4door is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rubicon4door is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rubicon4door is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rubicon4door is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rubicon4door is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rubicon4door is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rubicon4door is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rubicon4door is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rubicon4door is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Just ride hard on the off road trails, it engages a lot of muscles and some serious cardio work. Your to lucky you started now at 190 and not 280 like I did. I had issues with the bike holding my weight and broke a seat, seat post, and bent one of my crank arms. Also, had to buy a heavy spring to put in the front fork so I wouldnt bottom it out to easy...

mrbaker3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrbaker3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrbaker3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrbaker3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrbaker3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrbaker3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrbaker3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrbaker3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrbaker3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrbaker3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrbaker3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Rubicon4door View Post
    Just ride hard on the off road trails, it engages a lot of muscles and some serious cardio work. Your to lucky you started now at 190 and not 280 like I did. I had issues with the bike holding my weight and broke a seat, seat post, and bent one of my crank arms. Also, had to buy a heavy spring to put in the front fork so I wouldnt bottom it out to easy...
    Amen there bro, I've been there. Nothing worse than an overweight high school kid blowing out the tire of a bike because I was too heavy for it and didn't realize it. Damned embarrasing.
    May 2004 - 225 lbs.
    May 2010 - 145 lbs.

Live and breathe Mizzou and St. Louis sports!

Completed logs/reviews on: Controlled Labs White Pump, White Flood Reborn, PROnom23, White Flood, & Sample Pack, MuscleTech Phase 8, Anabolic Halo, Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite & Amino Build, Gaspari Nutrition GlycoFuse & AminoLast, Scivation Xtend & Novem