View Poll Results: What weight gainer is the best for fast metabolism?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cytogainer

2 10.00%
  • Muscle Juice

2 10.00%
  • Prohormone + weight gainer

7 35.00%
  • Healthy diet and nutrition

12 60.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    hoopboy23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy 6'4" basketball player needs to gain weight to play D1 ball next year, HELP

Hey I'm a senior in high school and play basketball. I'm a 6'4" shooting guard and have gotten many scholarship offers, but some of the coaches concerns are that I'm not big enough. I consistantly weigh in at 195lbs but they want me closer to 205-215 to play D1. I have tried taking Mass XXX and cytogainer for the past 2 years but still cant seem to gain weight. I lift 5 times a week with a trainer and have practice 4 times a week which is a lot of cardio. I'm eating about 4 well sized meals a day along with 3 protein shakes-morning, post workout, and before bed. I have tried super pump and Size-On as well with the protein.

I've done a lot of research and even talked to some supplement store owners, but they havent helped much with helping me find a supplement that will put weight/muscle on.

PLEASE, if you have any advice I would love to hear it.
    Thanks

2ripp3dup has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2ripp3dup has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2ripp3dup has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2ripp3dup has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2ripp3dup has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2ripp3dup has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2ripp3dup has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2ripp3dup has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2ripp3dup has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2ripp3dup has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2ripp3dup has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You need to be eating alot more food. Go for six meals a day plus a couple of protein shakes in there. How many calories are you pounding back?
    "I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." Bruce Lee

SUMMER Stack...

The Blueprint/B.E.T. Stack 8 Week Cycle

FALL Stack...

Anabolic Innovations Swole Stack 8 Week Cycle

lalakers87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lalakers87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lalakers87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lalakers87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lalakers87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lalakers87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lalakers87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lalakers87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lalakers87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lalakers87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lalakers87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by 2ripp3dup View Post
    You need to be eating alot more food. Go for six meals a day plus a couple of protein shakes in there. How many calories are you pounding back?
    this, a prohormone would be a terrrible idea! you gotta really work on your diet at 17 your test is through the roof.

swole sasquatch jorgemontenegro's Avatar
    jorgemontenegro is a name known to all. (+5000) jorgemontenegro is a name known to all. (+5000) jorgemontenegro is a name known to all. (+5000) jorgemontenegro is a name known to all. (+5000) jorgemontenegro is a name known to all. (+5000) jorgemontenegro is a name known to all. (+5000) jorgemontenegro is a name known to all. (+5000) jorgemontenegro is a name known to all. (+5000) jorgemontenegro is a name known to all. (+5000) jorgemontenegro is a name known to all. (+5000) jorgemontenegro is a name known to all. (+5000)
    why don't you outline your current diet? do you even know how many total cals per day you are consuming?

jfiercly is on a distinguished road. (+10) jfiercly is on a distinguished road. (+10) jfiercly is on a distinguished road. (+10) jfiercly is on a distinguished road. (+10) jfiercly is on a distinguished road. (+10) jfiercly is on a distinguished road. (+10) jfiercly is on a distinguished road. (+10) jfiercly is on a distinguished road. (+10) jfiercly is on a distinguished road. (+10) jfiercly is on a distinguished road. (+10) jfiercly is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by hoopboy23 View Post
    Hey I'm a senior in high school and play basketball. I'm a 6'4" shooting guard and have gotten many scholarship offers, but some of the coaches concerns are that I'm not big enough. I consistantly weigh in at 195lbs but they want me closer to 205-215 to play D1. I have tried taking Mass XXX and cytogainer for the past 2 years but still cant seem to gain weight. I lift 5 times a week with a trainer and have practice 4 times a week which is a lot of cardio. I'm eating about 4 well sized meals a day along with 3 protein shakes-morning, post workout, and before bed. I have tried super pump and Size-On as well with the protein.

I've done a lot of research and even talked to some supplement store owners, but they havent helped much with helping me find a supplement that will put weight/muscle on.

PLEASE, if you have any advice I would love to hear it.
    Thanks
    Curious bro, where do u play high school ball, and where are u going next year? I am ur height and was ur weight when I played college ball. At 6'4" u should be around ur weight especially if ur a guard.
    "Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever."

"Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young."

jwa254 is just really nice. (+1000) jwa254 is just really nice. (+1000) jwa254 is just really nice. (+1000) jwa254 is just really nice. (+1000) jwa254 is just really nice. (+1000) jwa254 is just really nice. (+1000) jwa254 is just really nice. (+1000) jwa254 is just really nice. (+1000) jwa254 is just really nice. (+1000) jwa254 is just really nice. (+1000) jwa254 is just really nice. (+1000)
    dunno if you just decided to move this topic but I posted this in your other one.

Well when it comes to putting on weight, you can't expect a certain product to do it for you. Unless you are downing a lot of said product. Ex. You have MyoFusion protein and down 2lbs a week in addition to your meals already. All that would be doing is creating a calorie surplus though. This could easily be done with food. It seems you are eating heavily already though, but due to the nature of your sport, you're burning it off fairly well. I'd say try to eat even more, grab a weight gainer (something like Real Mass by Gaspari) and use that in addition to the even extra food.

Also, see if there's any way you can cut out some activity. I realize that may be out of the question but just an idea.
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative
    www.millenniumsport.net

2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    you'll get the undersized stuff a lot. look at kevin durant. but to answer the question. nutrition and training as well as rest. get with a trainer and nutritionist if available. or keep coming here. it'll just take longer getting through your research but will suffice.
    "2Burnt takes AlphaMax to the Max" log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157974513&p=1170521023#post1170521023

<<PH/DS Family Member 3rd cousin once removed>>

Don't expect a supplement company to wipe your ass for you, only YOU know what you eat, which pre you take, and how much folic acid you intake daily. Supplement accordingly.-POISON

Exclamation

Thanks guys I appreciate all this advice.
    My diet:

Wake up at 7:30 mon-fri
    7:30- 3 scoops vanilla cytogainer shake with 1 scoop peanut butter and low fat milk
    9am-Bowl of plain oatmeal and 4 egg whites
    1pm- Sandwich with 4 slices turkey or R.B., "Protein" labeled power bar, fruit
    3pm- NO Xplode before lifting with trainer
    5pm- Cytogainer shake with a scoop of sherbert to spike insulin, made with milk
    7pm- dinner usually chicken breast with brown rice and salad, or salmon with the same
    10:30-11pm- casein protein shake before bed

This varies but this is usually what I eat on a normal day. I also have some snacks in between, but keep them fairly healthy.

I feel like I'm eating a lot, but with lifting and practice I'm burning a lot too. I have a trainer who works me pretty hard in the gym. He's got me on kind of a lower rep heavier weight routine which I feel is getting me a bit stronger just not putting on the pounds.

Would ZMA's or HMB help out with recovery at night and protein synthesis?

PrepFootball is a name known to all. (+5000) PrepFootball is a name known to all. (+5000) PrepFootball is a name known to all. (+5000) PrepFootball is a name known to all. (+5000) PrepFootball is a name known to all. (+5000) PrepFootball is a name known to all. (+5000) PrepFootball is a name known to all. (+5000) PrepFootball is a name known to all. (+5000) PrepFootball is a name known to all. (+5000) PrepFootball is a name known to all. (+5000) PrepFootball is a name known to all. (+5000)
    what kind of d-1 schools are we talking here?
    and your not gaining mass due to the **** pre workout your using, lol jk
    seriously though, why would a bball player be bulky at a point guard spot, when d-1 is all about speed at PG, when you get in a college weight room, they will help you do the rest, most of the time, those weight gainers pack fat on or unnecessary weight, just my opinion.
    Romans 8:18; Nothing worth having comes easy.

Originally Posted by PrepFootball View Post
    what kind of d-1 schools are we talking here?
    and your not gaining mass due to the **** pre workout your using, lol jk
    seriously though, why would a bball player be bulky at a point guard spot, when d-1 is all about speed at PG, when you get in a college weight room, they will help you do the rest, most of the time, those weight gainers pack fat on or unnecessary weight, just my opinion.
    I feel what your saying, but I went to a few different combines and some prep camps like Pump It Up in LA where a lot of top prospects go and for the 2, 3 guards they said if were going to make in it this league at a D1 level we need to be stronger and bigger. Speed isn't something you can teach and neither are handles, I already have those. Im just tall and sort of skinny. They said to work on my strength and size over summer.

PrepFootball is a name known to all. (+5000) PrepFootball is a name known to all. (+5000) PrepFootball is a name known to all. (+5000) PrepFootball is a name known to all. (+5000) PrepFootball is a name known to all. (+5000) PrepFootball is a name known to all. (+5000) PrepFootball is a name known to all. (+5000) PrepFootball is a name known to all. (+5000) PrepFootball is a name known to all. (+5000) PrepFootball is a name known to all. (+5000) PrepFootball is a name known to all. (+5000)
    correct, but if you ever saw some of the stuff they do in college weightrooms, youd be a amazed, not about pounding the weights its about confusing them with some of the **** they do, this might be for football, but prolly for all college athletics
    Romans 8:18; Nothing worth having comes easy.

Kage3212 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kage3212 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kage3212 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kage3212 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    When I was putting weight on drinking 2% milk throughout the day definitely did the trick. Ditch the lowfat milk, go for 2% or whole. Start eating the entirety of your eggs to, no need to throw the yolks out especially if your trying to gain weight. Also for dinner, try adding in steak or another type of red meat. If you got weight to gain there is really no need to stick solely on lean meats. Just some food for thought.

seepeps is on a distinguished road. (+10) seepeps is on a distinguished road. (+10) seepeps is on a distinguished road. (+10) seepeps is on a distinguished road. (+10) seepeps is on a distinguished road. (+10) seepeps is on a distinguished road. (+10) seepeps is on a distinguished road. (+10) seepeps is on a distinguished road. (+10) seepeps is on a distinguished road. (+10) seepeps is on a distinguished road. (+10) seepeps is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    what do you need weight for in basketball?

its a pussy sport. they call fouls for any contact whatsoever.

Chillcut will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chillcut will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chillcut will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chillcut will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chillcut will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chillcut will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chillcut will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chillcut will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chillcut will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chillcut will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chillcut will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Really its all about cals in/cals out

Eat every 2 hours, at least 40 grams protein and some carbs

If you got an iphone, good chance you do, get an app that counts calories. Put everything you eat on it and it adds it up for you. That way you know exactly how many calories youve put in. Then get a good estimate of cals burned (calorie matainence, practice, weights, ect.)

Make sure you are at least 500 calories over every day. Its a good healthy way to outline a diet that helped me put on about 30 lbs in a year. 15 to 20 lbm.

If youre serious about playin ball you will force feed yourself. Eating is as much a dedidication as working on a jumpshot.

Grab some high calorie protein bars to snack on. Theyre delicious and some are 400 cals a shot. Just some thoughts.

rezstyle is just really nice. (+1000) rezstyle is just really nice. (+1000) rezstyle is just really nice. (+1000) rezstyle is just really nice. (+1000) rezstyle is just really nice. (+1000) rezstyle is just really nice. (+1000) rezstyle is just really nice. (+1000) rezstyle is just really nice. (+1000) rezstyle is just really nice. (+1000) rezstyle is just really nice. (+1000) rezstyle is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by seepeps View Post
    what do you need weight for in basketball?

its a pussy sport. they call fouls for any contact whatsoever.
    Wow, dynamite drop in, must be a wrestler. OP, check out the Bigger, Faster, Stronger program as it's sports/athlete specific. Although it's a program to be started in the 7th grade, I use a modified version of it now and it helps me out with my ball, beit at a far lower level than where you're at.