Closed Thread
Page 293 of 325 FirstFirst ... 193 243 283 291 292 293 294 295 303 ... LastLast
Results 8,761 to 8,790 of 9734
    mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Sucks to hear about your gym being nazis about the unimportant shiz. Whadda they think, someone is going to go all Lebron James up in there with the chalk? I would be more pissed about having to unload the umpteen million 45 plates off the f-ing leg press. That sh!t irritates the crap out of me. I'm not a chalk user, but I really could care less about that.
    "There's something about a heavy weight that makes a body not want to get under it. Part of the fun of weightlifting is rousing one's spirit and getting under a heavy weight in spite of one's more sensible survival instincts." -Stenn

"Conditioning prepares you for battle. Cardio makes you really good at running slowly away." -Chris Shugart.

TEAM AMAZON - Sisterhood of Iron

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=571188111#post571188111

brb bulk-utting! nvrstopworking's Avatar
    nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by mmater View Post
    Sucks to hear about your gym being nazis about the unimportant shiz. Whadda they think, someone is going to go all Lebron James up in there with the chalk? I would be more pissed about having to unload the umpteen million 45 plates off the f-ing leg press. That sh!t irritates the crap out of me. I'm not a chalk user, but I really could care less about that.
    This pop culture reference is probably lost on FLEX since he doesn't watch sports.... or TV.

Built Upon Struggle FlaIronMind's Avatar
    FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sucks about your gym brother. That kind of stuff pisses me off as well, particularly given their tolerance for every lazy, sloppy, selfish SOB on the planet who comes in and makes an absolute mess out of things and leaves, never once bothering to clean up their towels, water bottles, weights, weebles-wobble balls, floor mats, steps/stools, wipes, etc., etc., etc. They wanna be strict about things? Fine. Just be consistent about it.

All that said, damn good work lately brother.

FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by nvrstopworking View Post
    .... but I DID try those BTN pulldowns and I've been liking them. Hoping that stuff like that strengthens my RCs.
    Originally Posted by -=FLEX=- View Post

BTN pulldowns are very humbling. Almost impossible to cheat.
    QFT. Big fan of these. Not sure how you guys are seated with these, but sitting facing away from the cable/machinery helps immensely - in just about every sense - form, fluidity, increased poundage, etc. I mention it only because I've seen countless guys doing these as they would regular pull downs and then wind up arching/jerking/leaning forward, straining/cocking their necks, whatever to get BTN.

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Strong shoulder pressing FLEX. That sucks about the chalk. My gym is the same way (they even went so far as to put signs up saying No Chalk.) Buncha skinny hippie pansies in that gym but fortunately I can do my more important lifts at home that require chalk. I don't get what their deal is with the chalk hate, I don't make a mess with it at home and it is very easy to clean up if some gets on the floor. If they suddenly allowed it I doubt everyone would start using chalk, 99% of people in a gym dunno wtf it's even for. If a handful of people do it and clean up after themselves I see no harm.
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

Originally Posted by thehobbes View Post
    ....99% of people in a gym dunno wtf it's even for.
    I've come to an understanding with my dungeon now and I am able to use chalk. I rarely see anyone else using chalk there - maybe one or two (guys I know), only when I happen to run into them there. But at first my dungeon gave me the stink eye. I've since started carrying it in a little rectangular tupperware container and I now lay out a towel on the floor; place the container on the towel and chalk up, dust off over the towel. Then, when done, fold up the towel, toss it. No mess, no fuss.

Now, why I quoted you above...I had this set up going one day and was doing SLDLs. This rather smoking hot, yet predominantly plastic/silicone, chick comes up to me and asks me,

"What are you mixing up?"

"Pardon me?"

"What are you mixing up in that container?" Mind you, this is a rectangular tupperware container with the lid off; block of chalk clearly visible.

"Ah...no, that's chalk...for my hands."

"Oh. I thought you must have been mixing up some muscle-powder drink or something."

HadToLulzCombinedWithMiniBertStare.jpg.

Old Man Yelling at Cloud -=FLEX=-'s Avatar
    -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by mmater View Post
    I would be more pissed about having to unload the umpteen million 45 plates off the f-ing leg press.
    Yep; and the dumbbells all over the floor, etc.

This pop culture reference is probably lost on FLEX since he doesn't watch sports.... or TV.
    Yeah; I has no clue......but I'm fine with that.

Originally Posted by FlaIronMind View Post
    Sucks about your gym brother. That kind of stuff pisses me off as well, particularly given their tolerance for every lazy, sloppy, selfish SOB on the planet who comes in and makes an absolute mess out of things and leaves, never once bothering to clean up their towels, water bottles, weights, weebles-wobble balls, floor mats, steps/stools, wipes, etc., etc., etc. They wanna be strict about things? Fine. Just be consistent about it.
    Yep, yep, yep.

Glad you people see things how I see them.

All that said, damn good work lately brother.
    Thank you sir; I have been working hard man.

QFT. Big fan of these. Not sure how you guys are seated with these, but sitting facing away from the cable/machinery helps immensely - in just about every sense - form, fluidity, increased poundage, etc. I mention it only because I've seen countless guys doing these as they would regular pull downs and then wind up arching/jerking/leaning forward, straining/cocking their necks, whatever to get BTN.
    I've done them facing away in the past. Might try that next week.

Strong shoulder pressing FLEX. That sucks about the chalk. My gym is the same way (they even went so far as to put signs up saying No Chalk.) Buncha skinny hippie pansies in that gym but fortunately I can do my more important lifts at home that require chalk. I don't get what their deal is with the chalk hate, I don't make a mess with it at home and it is very easy to clean up if some gets on the floor. If they suddenly allowed it I doubt everyone would start using chalk, 99% of people in a gym dunno wtf it's even for. If a handful of people do it and clean up after themselves I see no harm.
    brb cancelling my gym membership and training with this strong chickie in her home gym ^^^

I've come to an understanding with my dungeon now and I am able to use chalk. I rarely see anyone else using chalk there - maybe one or two (guys I know), only when I happen to run into them there. But at first my dungeon gave me the stink eye. I've since started carrying it in a little rectangular tupperware container and I now lay out a towel on the floor; place the container on the towel and chalk up, dust off over the towel. Then, when done, fold up the towel, toss it. No mess, no fuss.
    See that's my point. After the first chick said something I started keeping the container in my gym bag and chalk up in the bag. No mess anywhere. Just maybe a little residual chalk on the bar.
    Insta: flexjs

Perseverance, Inc.

Spring Supremacy 2018 - 620/345/615 @ 50 yrs old

RIP Gene Rychlak

Mr Flexy's Happy Protégé LisaSkinnoble's Avatar
    LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    See that's my point. After the first chick said something I started keeping the container in my gym bag and chalk up in the bag. No mess anywhere. Just maybe a little residual chalk on the bar.
    That, my Darling, is your best strategy, because you're running out of gyms.

Have you considered U of T's gym, since you're an alumni?
    No drama: You know where we are.

Hello and welcome to our newest member jackbauer.

Meet stats:
    April 2017 - 235/135/270
    Aug 2017 - 245/125/285

-=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by LisaSkinnoble View Post

Have you considered U of T's gym, since you're an alumni?
    Phcuk that is genius. Never thought of that. But that's at least a 20 minute drive each way.

Something to consider though...

When I trained there it was a tiny little pit. You should see it now; some miscer posted pics of it a while back and I just about ****. It's all new building, huge and super swanky.

Perseverance, Inc.

RIP Gene Rychlak

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Yep; there's been many comments from people on here about my "natural strength" and good genetics and blah blah yadda yadda. When you look at those pics, it's hard to deny that I simply busted my ass for a lotta years.
    It's the " busted my ass for a lotta years" that most people new to this site don't want to hear about. Post a vid of a good lift or an avi showing some decent development, and the general consensus is that you either:

* were born into it.

* spend 20 hours a day in the gym.

* get it out of a vial of Flintstonezz Vitaminzz.

Not loving the performance of the tall skinny snowtires, but they're a necessary evil.
    At least we know Winter won't last forever.

And if they're gonna start nagging members about sh*t, then why don't they nag all the people that leave the equipment all over the phucking place.

/rant
    Very good question.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    * get it out of a vial of Flintstonezz Vitaminzz.
    Jim confessed. He's been on the chewables for a while now....

@Jim - what a load a bs. Next time dude says something, teabag him.
    B: 285
    S: 375
    D: 555

Power Friday

Deads were a mixed bag today. Progression sets were just fine, and I was happy to get 6 reps at 405 on my way up, and locked out 515 again. But I somehow managed to tweak something in my right forearm. Lots of pain after that set, so no attempt at 525 today after all, and the backoff sets were teh suck. Could barely hold onto the bar. Did what I could though.

Had some beastly fun (sort of) on the leg press, getting 10 plates (1,020 lbs including sled weight) per side for 3 sets of 6 reps.

teh d34dZ

Chalk Only:

135 x 10
    225 x 6
    275 x 6
    315 x 6
    365 x 6
    405 x 6 <---
    435 x 3
    455 x 1

Belt & Chalk Only:

475 x 1
    495 x 1
    515 x 1

455 x 1
    455 x 1
    455 x 1

405 x 3

Leg Press

(includes sled weight; sticker says the sled weighs 118 lbs so I threw a 2.5lb plate on it and I'll call it 120)

All reps on all sets slow, controlled, and right to the backstop.

390 x 12
    480 x 12
    570 x 10
    660 x 10
    750 x 10
    840 x 10
    930 x 8

1,020 x 6
    1,020 x 6
    1,020 x 6

And out of time.

Trained all 5 days this week so no lifting this weekend.

Happy Friday, kids.

-=FLEX=-

Perseverance, Inc.

RIP Gene Rychlak

Originally Posted by drudixon View Post
    Next time dude says something, teabag him.
    The saga did continue today and it looks like this will not end well. I will post the BS details shortly.

And yes, some skinny ass no lifting ******* is actually snitching on me...

Perseverance, Inc.

RIP Gene Rychlak

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    The saga did continue today and it looks like this will not end well. I will post the BS details shortly.

And yes, some skinny ass no lifting ******* is actually snitching on me...
    Oh, brother..........

But considering the overall climate of society these days, I'm not a bit surprised.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    In for gory details.

More importantly tho, where in the forearm? You used mixed grip no straps right? Ice and aleve as soon as you can. Sincerely hope it's nothing big. If it persists, would you resort to using straps?
    B: 285
    S: 375
    D: 555

HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nice Pulls again this week!
    The Beast Journey to Elite
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169406293

Best Meet's Total = 1515 (585 Squat, 365 Bench, 565 Deadlift)
    Highest Gym Lifts: Squat: 600 Deadlift: 600 Bench: 400

Proud member of Team Ogre
    "Everybody wants to be strong but most people just don't want to work that hard"

Instagram: harrylifter

So I dunno if someone is ratting me out, or if they have it in for me, or if he was watching me on the security camera or what, because how da phcuk did he know where I was training and to come over and look for chalk? The shoulder press station is not visible from the front desk.
    Had further suspicion about this today as I was doing deads this dude that is there pretty much every morning was doing his abs on a mat on the floor somewhat near me, and as I was writing in my journal I saw him walk halfway over to where I was and look over at my gym bag and me made a face; like he had a disgusted look on it then went back to doing whatever he was doing. I thought "If someone is snitching on me; I bet that's the guy."

And some one definitely is:

There was a different guy at the front desk today that I've not seen before. As I am leaving he calls me over "Hey buddy, got a minute?" Oh phcuk, here we go again.

So I walk over and I am trying to keep cool (not easy for me) and he says "I'm going to have to ask you not to use chalk anymore." I said "Can you explain to me how I'm supposed to deadlift without using chalk?" And he says "Yeah, I understand. It's the ego thing and all, but people have allergies and I've been getting complaints."

SNITCH CONFIRMED.

I ignore the whole stupid ass ego comment and said "Really??? Complaints??? I keep it in my gym bag and chalk up inside it, so there is chalk on my hands and the bar and that's it. Nowhere else."

He says "Yes, but people are complaining. There's no chalk allowed. You have to understand, this is a public gym."

I said "Yes, exactly; it's a GYM and it's CHALK."

He said "Chalk is not allowed. It's the rules."

I said "Show me in my contract where is says no chalk allowed."

He said "I can get my manager to talk to you if you like."

I said "You know what? GOOD IDEA. You do that. You have my contact info; have him contact me. BECAUSE THIS IS BULL****!!!!!!!!!! It's a PHCUKING GYM!!!

Yes, Mr FLEX said some bad words. Loudly.

He just stared at me.

Then I walked out.

fukkem

Perseverance, Inc.

RIP Gene Rychlak

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    I'm not a bit surprised.
    I dunno why, but I am...

Originally Posted by drudixon View Post
    More importantly tho, where in the forearm? You used mixed grip no straps right? Ice and aleve as soon as you can. Sincerely hope it's nothing big. If it persists, would you resort to using straps?
    Top part of my forearm, near the eblow; I think it's just a bit of strain. It comes and goes but usually only bothers me on barbell curls. Never had any issues doing deads. No ice or Aleve yet as I'm stuck in the office, but I'll get the Aleve therapy skittles going tongiht when I get home.

Originally Posted by HARRYBEAST View Post
    Nice Pulls again this week!
    Thank you, sir.

Perseverance, Inc.

RIP Gene Rychlak

litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'm always amazed at the whiney **** people pull.

Complain that the guy is doing abs.
    You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.

Originally Posted by litljay View Post
    I'm always amazed at the whiney **** people pull.

Complain that the guy is doing abs.
    Seriously WTF?

This gym is MASSIVE; has to be at least 50,000 sq feet. Probably more. 30 foot ceilings and really excellent ventilation. You can literally feel a slight breeze from the blowers in certain areas. How the phcuk can a little chalk dust bother you in that environment.

And if it is the guy that I think it is; holy hell. Skinny little nothing and he's been there since I've been there (he was at the other location and migrated to the new along with a lot of others including me) and 90% of his "workouts" consist of stretching and ab work. I sometimes see him doing bicep work; don't think I have ever seen him hold a barbell or train legs.

glorius winged crying *******/10

Perseverance, Inc.

RIP Gene Rychlak

HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well done Flex. All I have to do at my gym is grunt at the employees and they leave me alone.
    The Beast Journey to Elite
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169406293

Best Meet's Total = 1515 (585 Squat, 365 Bench, 565 Deadlift)
    Highest Gym Lifts: Squat: 600 Deadlift: 600 Bench: 400

Proud member of Team Ogre
    "Everybody wants to be strong but most people just don't want to work that hard"

Instagram: harrylifter

I dunno why, but I am...
    I don't know what else to say about your situation. I thought the change in gyms would be a good thing for you, but..........

I think it's already been suggested, but you might look into liquid 'chalk.' I've never used it myself, so all I can do is repeat what I've read in numerous posts all over this site.

Top part of my forearm, near the eblow; I think it's just a bit of strain. It comes and goes but usually only bothers me on barbell curls. Never had any issues doing deads. No ice or Aleve yet as I'm stuck in the office, but I'll get the Aleve therapy skittles going tongiht when I get home.

Steady as you go here; don't want this to become a chronic problem.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

brb bulk-utting! nvrstopworking's Avatar
    nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Oh lawd.... in b4 another gym bites the dust.

Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Oh lawd.... in b4 another gym bites the dust.
    No reason for a gym to bite the dust when there is...

My work is done here

mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    hey, next time he is in there and doing abs on a mat near you, you could always just tell him "I'm going to complain that I am allergic to (as you call it) skinny ass no lifting *******s like YOU! So GTF away from me before I drop this 100 lb DB on your skull."

or not. whatever.
    "There's something about a heavy weight that makes a body not want to get under it. Part of the fun of weightlifting is rousing one's spirit and getting under a heavy weight in spite of one's more sensible survival instincts." -Stenn

"Conditioning prepares you for battle. Cardio makes you really good at running slowly away." -Chris Shugart.

TEAM AMAZON - Sisterhood of Iron

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=571188111#post571188111

Thanks everyone for the concern and suggestions; and lol @ mmater. I just may do that.

Liquid chalk is magnesium carbonate crushed up and mixed with rubbing alcohol.

Regular chalk is just a brick of magnesium carbonate.

Same ****; just a different delivery system.

But I may get some just because it may seem like I'm following the rules that way.

Perseverance, Inc.

RIP Gene Rychlak

Liquid chalk is magnesium carbonate crushed up and mixed with rubbing alcohol.

I was unaware of ^^^^ this; I just assumed it was some compound that was entirely different. If that's not the case, it sounds like the liquid stuff is still going to leave a residue, and Mr. Abs will still be over there nosing around where you've been training.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    WTF at your gym, WTF at guy, WTF?!
    And if it is the guy that I think it is; holy hell. Skinny little nothing and he's been there since I've been there (he was at the other location and migrated to the new along with a lot of others including me) and 90% of his "workouts" consist of stretching and ab work. I sometimes see him doing bicep work; don't think I have ever seen him hold a barbell or train legs.
    He can't complain bout being allergic to your chalk if he's ded, noimsayin? Seriously I hate people like that who complain about what other people are doing just for the sake of complaining. Sounds like this guy belongs at Curves srs.
    glorius winged crying *******/10
    Loled hard

WTF at gym employee saying the chalk is an ego thing??? Does he even lift?
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

WTF at your gym, WTF at guy, WTF?!
    SRSLY WTF?

He can't complain bout being allergic to your chalk if he's ded, noimsayin?
    LMAO!!!!!!!!

WTF at gym employee saying the chalk is an ego thing??? Does he even lift?
    He's a PT, and it doesn't look like he ever lifted anything in his life; just like all the other PTs these days.

Coming up on 3 years training again and have trained at 3 clubs now and I have yet to see a PT with ANY discernible muscle development.

Perseverance, Inc.

RIP Gene Rychlak

teh d34dZ

Chalk Only:

405 x 6 <---
    435 x 3
    455 x 1

Belt & Chalk Only:

475 x 1
    495 x 1
    515 x 1

Leg Press

1,020 x 6