user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

I cant run because of shin splints

my shin splints have gotten really bad in left leg. the stiffness in the area is very terrible. looked all over the internet and dont know how to get rid of them.. what do i do to get rid of them?

TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000)
    You'll have to ice them every night for at least 20 minutes at a time.

Get proper running shoes with a lot of support and great cushioning, this will lessen the risk of making them worse. Also, run on soft surfaces. Running on concrete will just make them worse, I didn't even have shin splits, but walking one day on my road had my shin hurt a little bit.

So try to find a cushioned track, grass, something other than concrete. Stay off them for a few days and do a lot of icing, this should help you.
    "Giving your best is more important than being the best."

I train as an athlete, not a bodybuilder.

REPS for SUBS.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125690683

HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    [QUOTE=DGBoutte;463761773]my shin splints have gotten really bad in left leg. the stiffness in the area is very terrible. looked all over the internet and dont know how to get rid of them.. what do i do to get rid of them?[/QUOTE

You may have too tight and or strong calf muscles in comparison to your anterior tibialis muscles which are located next to your shins. This imbalance can cause strain when running.

You need to stretch your calf muscles and strengthen your anterior tiblialis muscle. Here are some exercises you could do. The first one is a reverse calf raise.

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...CalfRaise.html

Also avoid any down hill running this can especially place a strain on your shins.
    "In AUSTRALIA
    Each year there are 470 000 adverse events, 18 000 deaths, and 50 000 permanent disabilities arising from medical error and negligence each year. This is four times higher compared to the USA." (Second oppinion, GERMOV quote, page 293)

353 fatal car crashes were recorded on Australian roads in 2008 (RTA, 2008). You are 50 TIMES more likely to die from medical negligence from a DOCTOR compared to being fatally injured in a car crash and they say driving is dangerous.

melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Do what the posters above suggest.

You need to work on your running form. Most runners with shin splints overstride and rely on the heel strike too much. To avoid shin splints you want to be landing on your mid foot more than your heel as this puts less dorsiflexion stress on the anterior tibial muscles.

Work on your running form after you've rested and recovered. Shin splints are a bitch.
    The first rule of cheat club is you do not talk about cheat club. The second rule of cheat club is you DO NOT talk about cheat club. Third rule of cheat cub, someone yells stop!, goes limp, taps out, the cheat is over. Fourth rule, one cheat at a time, fellas. Fifth rule, cheats will go on as long as they have to. And the sixth and final rule, if this is your first night at cheat club, you have to cheat.

Join us...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=267863