AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs down Lindas Delight 0 net carb bagels review etc.

Well I know there has been some talk about this place so I decided to order some bagels, 2 weeks ago, and just got them yesterday.

Oye where to begin my not so pleasant experience.

First off, I ordered the 40 cal bagels in plain and cinnamon, along with two sugar free donuts.

I was only able to try the plain bagels thus far(will explain why later) and the donuts.

I realize this is diet food and its not supposed to taste amazing but these taste like cardboard.

I thought maybe if I made a steak sandwich with it, it would help me get over it since I can generally down most things for the sake of being lean but this was gross. It did taste better this morning heavily toasted with eggs makinga sandwich (but just bearly).

the donuts ehh. Id rather eat a few pieces of sugar free candy, or get a crummy atkins bar once in awhile. the vanilla creme on chocolate was waay better then the boston creme.

Now on to the customer service part that really pissed me off.

So I order the bagels, via paypal instant transfer via my bank acct, I figured itd be safer since this looks kind like a mom and pop shop for now. 10 days later still says pending, didnt get an confirmation email that its shipped etc. At this point I'm thinking okay they didn't ship, get my order etc.

So I call them up, leave a msg. 4 days later nothing. Then I come home friday to a sorry we missed you note from my mailman from them. Im thinking oh I guess they did ship. Now if they would have contacted me when they did ship, considering these are highly perishable like they state they do on their website, I would have figured out something/arranged a neighbor to get them etc. Couldn't pick them up over the weekend since I work all day literally. Pick them up monday morning open the box, The donuts and plain bagels were fine, the cinnamon ones were completely molded, I dont mean a spec here and there, I mean COMPLETELY. Now Im not stupid, I'm gonna guess they probably sent me an older batch of the cinnamon right when it was going to spoil unless it was popped in the freezer asap upon delivery. The weather hasnt been that warm in general.

So a bit discouraged considering I paid almost 30 bucks for some bagels, I call them up, the guy in so many words blames me because I wasn't home to pick them up on time, and acts as if hes doing me a favour for sending me a new batch free of charge. Which I asked by chance when are they going to ship them out? he gets snooty with me and says maybe today (monday) he cant guarantee anything, I'm like well can you send me an email at least? So who knows the same thing may happen again too. Since I have no approx time as to shipping, not even an idea.

So I'm not sure everyones other experiences, but will the lack of customer service and the god awful taste I will probably not be ordering any more bagels from them.

just a heads up

heres the bagels:

http://www.lindasdietdelites.com/die...agels-105.html

I may try one of the brownies and other baked good though when hard up for sweets, but Im sure I can find a friendlier place for that.
    Last edited by AnyaBailey; 03-16-2010 at 12:19 PM.

Yes.....I'm that wrestler MASSter's Avatar
    MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    $30 for bagels? WTF? Sorry you had such a bad experience. Personally I would just wait for carb up and eat the real thing.

Registered User healthwisebaker's Avatar
    healthwisebaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Healthwise Bakery products

Hi, if anyone would like to receive a free Sample of our new Multi Grain 2 net carb bread product or our zero carb products, Please give us another go round on your test trial for the month of April 2010. Please contact us as Healthwisebakeryinc. Our products are independently laboratory tested.
    The difference with our bakery products and most of the fraudulent products on the market is they taste, too good to be true but do not be fool with the taste. These products are usually not legitimate. If you eat anything more than 70% percent fiber that does not have any oil or plenty of moisture will be pretty hard to swallow and will taste like cardboard. For Most diabetics, healthy product is a necessity. For any legitimate products out there, kudos to them and keep up the good work.

Jessie

[QUOTE=AnyaBailey;463696333]Well I know there has been some talk about this place so I decided to order some bagels, 2 weeks ago, and just got them yesterday.

Oye where to begin my not so pleasant experience.

First off, I ordered the 40 cal bagels in plain and cinnamon, along with two sugar free donuts.

I was only able to try the plain bagels thus far(will explain why later) and the donuts.

I realize this is diet food and its not supposed to taste amazing but these taste like cardboard.

I thought maybe if I made a steak sandwich with it, it would help me get over it since I can generally down most things for the sake of being lean but this was gross. It did taste better this morning heavily toasted with eggs makinga sandwich (but just bearly).

the donuts ehh. Id rather eat a few pieces of sugar free candy, or get a crummy atkins bar once in awhile. the vanilla creme on chocolate was waay better then the boston creme.

Now on to the customer service part that really pissed me off.

So I order the bagels, via paypal instant transfer via my bank acct, I figured itd be safer since this looks kind like a mom and pop shop for now. 10 days later still says pending, didnt get an confirmation email that its shipped etc. At this point I'm thinking okay they didn't ship, get my order etc.

So I call them up, leave a msg. 4 days later nothing. Then I come home friday to a sorry we missed you note from my mailman from them. Im thinking oh I guess they did ship. Now if they would have contacted me when they did ship, considering these are highly perishable like they state they do on their website, I would have figured out something/arranged a neighbor to get them etc. Couldn't pick them up over the weekend since I work all day literally. Pick them up monday morning open the box, The donuts and plain bagels were fine, the cinnamon ones were completely molded, I dont mean a spec here and there, I mean COMPLETELY. Now Im not stupid, I'm gonna guess they probably sent me an older batch of the cinnamon right when it was going to spoil unless it was popped in the freezer asap upon delivery. The weather hasnt been that warm in general.

So a bit discouraged considering I paid almost 30 bucks for some bagels, I call them up, the guy in so many words blames me because I wasn't home to pick them up on time, and acts as if hes doing me a favour for sending me a new batch free of charge. Which I asked by chance when are they going to ship them out? he gets snooty with me and says maybe today (monday) he cant guarantee anything, I'm like well can you send me an email at least? So who knows the same thing may happen again too. Since I have no approx time as to shipping, not even an idea.

So I'm not sure everyones other experiences, but will the lack of customer service and the god awful taste I will probably not be ordering any more bagels from them.

just a heads up

heres the bagels:

lindasdd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Anya,
    This is Andrew, the owner of Linda's Diet Delites. I'm sorry to hear you were so dissapointed with your experience with our store. I have to assume you probably spoke with me and I'm sorry if I came off snooty on the phone. I can assure you that I had no intention of doing such.

In regards to communication about your order it sounds like our emails to you may have gotten flushed to your SPAM folder. We always email customers on the day we ship and it includes tracking info. Actually for your order I also emailed you the day before we shipped stating, "Your order is going out Weds. as soon as the donuts arrive." just so that you were aware of why your order had not yet been sent.

In regards to, "I call them up, the guy in so many words blames me because I wasn't home to pick them up on time, and acts as if hes doing me a favour for sending me a new batch free of charge." Can you sort of see where I was coming from if I thought you had received all our notices about your order shipping and then let the package sit in the post office all weekend? *Most* companies would not have been willing to reship you the spoiled bagels, but I did. And I don't say that, and I didn't do it as a 'favour' but rather because I felt it was important to make sure you received the product you ordered. It is more important to me to make sure you are satisfied, even if you never order again, than to save a couple bucks blaming you.

In regards to the taste of the items you chose - this of course is something I can't say much about other than the fact that everyone has different tastes. That is why we carry so many different items. The Healthwise Bakery zero carb products are not enjoyed by everyone. But there are definitely a lot who do since they are one of our most popular products. Unfortunately to make a true zero carb or low carb bagel, it isn't going to have the taste and consistency of a normal bagel. In addition they now have a new multigrain style that is a *little* closer to a traditional bagel.

In regards to, "Now Im not stupid, I'm gonna guess they probably sent me an older batch of the cinnamon right when it was going to spoil unless it was popped in the freezer asap upon delivery." This definitely is not the case. If I ever knew a product was about to spoil I wouldn't ever ship it because I would wind up having to pay to reship the item. Your package was in the mail from Weds. till Monday. Unfortunately they are too perishable of an item to last that long in the mail.

In regards to, "he gets snooty with me and says maybe today (monday) he cant guarantee anything, I'm like well can you send me an email at least? So who knows the same thing may happen again too. Since I have no approx time as to shipping, not even an idea. " I'm sorry if I came off snooty. It was actually me being honest, rather than snooty. I really didn't know if we were going to be able to get it out the door on Monday. We've been overwhelmed with orders recently (many for the Healthwise products) and so I didn't want to say yes if I wasn't sure. When the 2nd package was shipped though you were sent another email with the tracking information in it.

If you have any other concerns, please let me know. It definitely sounds like your impression of our customer service was different from the feedback we receive from everyone else, but I can assure you your feedback will be considered strongly going forwards.

powerlifter18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) powerlifter18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) powerlifter18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) powerlifter18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) powerlifter18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) powerlifter18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) powerlifter18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) powerlifter18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) powerlifter18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) powerlifter18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) powerlifter18 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    eat steak! sorry I didnt read any of that
    Check out my log..http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121987731
    Youtube: BigToneNuge