sinistersix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sinistersix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sinistersix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sinistersix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sinistersix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sinistersix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sinistersix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sinistersix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sinistersix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Scaled tricked me this morning

So I have started to only use keto sticks after carb up days to see how quickly I get back into keto, this morning tested negative. I know they arent 100% accurate but it still is a tiny bit discouraging sometimes. Then decided to step on teh scale, it says 212??? I start getting all excited as I have been stuck at 217-219 for a while and call my wife over. She steps on the scale, it reads 5lbs lower for her too. pwned by a damn eletronic scale. Just another reason to not step on those things during keto.

ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by sinistersix View Post
    So I have started to only use keto sticks after carb up days to see how quickly I get back into keto, this morning tested negative. I know they arent 100% accurate but it still is a tiny bit discouraging sometimes. Then decided to step on teh scale, it says 212??? I start getting all excited as I have been stuck at 217-219 for a while and call my wife over. She steps on the scale, it reads 5lbs lower for her too. pwned by a damn eletronic scale. Just another reason to not step on those things during keto.
    I thought i went down to 166 one day, apparently the scale screwed up, that or i had some sort of water/fluid depletion for one day. Im stuck at 170.

sinistersix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sinistersix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sinistersix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sinistersix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sinistersix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sinistersix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sinistersix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sinistersix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sinistersix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TheLINN View Post
    I thought i went down to 166 one day, apparently the scale screwed up, that or i had some sort of water/fluid depletion for one day. Im stuck at 170.
    yea it sucked. for a novice like me that has never had any real success at transforming my body in any way that I wanted to, it was very exciting to see a weight loss that big then crushing to find out it was fake. Nice early april fools joke there scale

rcb0424 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rcb0424 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rcb0424 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rcb0424 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rcb0424 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rcb0424 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rcb0424 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rcb0424 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rcb0424 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rcb0424 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rcb0424 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    yea it sucked. for a novice like me that has never had any real success at transforming my body in any way that I wanted to, it was very exciting to see a weight loss that big then crushing to find out it was fake. Nice early april fools joke there scale
    I dont know about you, but for me, after the first 3 weeks, and the first 2 carb ups,

I carb up on Saturday, then get back to keto food on sunday, and by monday night i'm positive for keto.

By tuesday morning I'm near the weight I was before the carb up and the water weight is dropped off again.

Originally Posted by rcb0424 View Post
    I dont know about you, but for me, after the first 3 weeks, and the first 2 carb ups,

I carb up on Saturday, then get back to keto food on sunday, and by monday night i'm positive for keto.

By tuesday morning I'm near the weight I was before the carb up and the water weight is dropped off again.
    thats how it was for me after the first carb up. After this second carb up, I wasnt in keto as of this morning (tuesday) but my weight is back to 217, which is my current weight without water. I think im in keto due to my breath and how i feel but the ketostick was negative, which I have read is sometimes unreliable.

AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Im not sure why people obsess about the scale anyways, its easy to get addicted to it, I know first hand.

My weight fluctuates from 175- 180 in a week sometimes, but im still at 16% bf. (which some would say is heavy for a female anyways, but I'm tall and have bigger bones :P)

I would focus more on gettng bf fat measured (hydro, caliper etc), tape measure, how clothes fit.

especially on keto any lil extra salt and youre gonna blow up. Especially if and when you decide to go back into eating some carbs.

weighing yourself after a carbup is like putting your hand over a flame, youre just asking for it.

Id only weigh myself max every 2 weeks, but thats just me.

Originally Posted by AnyaBailey View Post
    Im not sure why people obsess about the scale anyways, its easy to get addicted to it, I know first hand.

My weight fluctuates from 175- 180 in a week sometimes, but im still at 16% bf. (which some would say is heavy for a female anyways, but I'm tall and have bigger bones :P)

I would focus more on gettng bf fat measured (hydro, caliper etc), tape measure, how clothes fit.

especially on keto any lil extra salt and youre gonna blow up. Especially if and when you decide to go back into eating some carbs.

weighing yourself after a carbup is like putting your hand over a flame, youre just asking for it.

Id only weigh myself max every 2 weeks, but thats just me.
    I know its bad but hey we all do things that are bad for us right? I am really trying to find an accurate way to measure my bf%, because that is mainly what I care about. I could care less if I weighed 200 or 240 as long as the bf% is at my goal of 10%. I sometimes need little reassurances and the scale so far is my only vice. I do need to get my bf measured but dont know where to do it

AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I know its bad but hey we all do things that are bad for us right? I am really trying to find an accurate way to measure my bf%, because that is mainly what I care about. I could care less if I weighed 200 or 240 as long as the bf% is at my goal of 10%. I sometimes need little reassurances and the scale so far is my only vice. I do need to get my bf measured but dont know where to do it

I know, last week after a carb up, I woke up bloated and tortured myself just HAD to look at the scale lol, kinda stupid.

curiousity killed the cat

well, I get mine hydro tested at a local university, you could try to call a few schools up and ask, a lot of them have those testing at their recreational center for a price. ( I pay 40 bucks for mine)

otherwise you could find someone whose good at calipers. At a gym etc.

Those scales that supposedly measure bf are inaccurate, I wouldn't bother.

also something you can do yourself, is find an item of clothing that doesnt fit or fits tightly and try it on every 2 weeks. tape measure is good too as guaging progress.