jseth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

3 months to get bigger and stronger.... advice please

ok long story short all my life my brother in law has done stuff to me and picked on me. i am 17 and we live in seperate towns. in 3 months schools out and i am planning on going to see my niece and nefue but he says that he wont let me. i need to get bigger and stronger so i can defend myself when he tries to hit me for trying to see them.

ps: this isnt the only reason i wanna get bigger and stronger. i have wanted to for a really long time and now this has happened i need to get as big and strong as i can in 3 months.

please give me advice on workout programs, sets and reps and advice....also will a 5x5 training program work and if so how many days of the week should i work out...

thanks for your advice and please be serious.

Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jseth View Post
    ok long story short all my life my brother in law has done stuff to me and picked on me. i am 17 and we live in seperate towns. in 3 months schools out and i am planning on going to see my niece and nefue but he says that he wont let me. i need to get bigger and stronger so i can defend myself when he tries to hit me for trying to see them.

ps: this isnt the only reason i wanna get bigger and stronger. i have wanted to for a really long time and now this has happened i need to get as big and strong as i can in 3 months.

please give me advice on workout programs, sets and reps and advice....also will a 5x5 training program work and if so how many days of the week should i work out...

Wow, crazy story. I'd say eat everything in sight and do Rippetoe's starting strength (google it). Drink lots of milk (GOMAD=gallon of milk a day... one of the important aspects of starting strength). Getting big and strong won't make you able to fight though so keep that in mind. You'll need some MMA training or something for that.

jseth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard589 View Post
    Wow, crazy story. I'd say eat everything in sight and do Rippetoe's starting strength (google it). Drink lots of milk (GOMAD=gallon of milk a day... one of the important aspects of starting strength). Getting big and strong won't make you able to fight though so keep that in mind. You'll need some MMA training or something for that.
    thanks for the quick reply. will rippletoe's starting strength also put some size on me. im not looking to gain tons of size but i was hopping to gain 2-3 in size inches and also lots of strength.

jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Why do you have to be near the SOB? Can't you see your cousins without going to the miscreant's house? You don't have to announce to the bollocks that you are dropping over to see them.

You must take the long term view. Do Starting Strength. Buy the book, or you'll probably do it wrong. You'll have to eat a calorie surplus. Milk is the best supplement.

If you want to be able to handle yourself, disregard anything to do with sport fighting. Real fighting has nothing to do with rules. It is about injuring the other guy and sending him to hospital or the morgue. It is not horseplay. Nothing to do with pain or any such nonsense. Adrenalized guys you just pissed off by hurting them will ignore the pain and tear into you. Unless you are fixing to get Darwinized, don't ever look for a fight, or seek out a situation or location where one is likely. To do so is proof that there is no end to human stupidity, and that you are volunteering to be removed from the gene pool.

I used to be 130lbs for years btw. Took a lot longer than three months to get to 215.

Strength Enthusiast Retardo-pex's Avatar
    Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000)

Just a heads up, even if you gained 30 lbs in 3 months you won't become a boxer. I know you want to get big/strong for other reasons as well but if your main issue right now is self defence then go join a boxing gym for 3 months, while training in the weight room/kitchen as well. Just don't go fighting some dick in front of his kids.