kdot28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kdot28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kdot28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kdot28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Leg Presses - what weight do you do?

I've recently just started going to the gym. Did some strength training for thighs and butt today and found that I quite like the 'leg press' machine. Just wondering if you use it and if so, what weight do you do it on and how many reps/sets before you get tired?

Registered User Legendsneverdie's Avatar
    Legendsneverdie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Legendsneverdie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Legendsneverdie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Legendsneverdie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Legendsneverdie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Legendsneverdie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Legendsneverdie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Legendsneverdie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Legendsneverdie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Legendsneverdie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Legendsneverdie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    well in all honesty it depends on your depth. and chances are this was ur first time using a leg press ur doing quater range of motions. quater range of motion is so common on squats and leg presses some may think it is the proper way to perform those excersies.
    Last edited by Legendsneverdie; 03-15-2010 at 04:16 PM.
    IF YOU DONT SQUAT, YOU AINT SQUAT

bekkiss is on a distinguished road. (+10) bekkiss is on a distinguished road. (+10) bekkiss is on a distinguished road. (+10) bekkiss is on a distinguished road. (+10) bekkiss is on a distinguished road. (+10) bekkiss is on a distinguished road. (+10) bekkiss is on a distinguished road. (+10) bekkiss is on a distinguished road. (+10) bekkiss is on a distinguished road. (+10) bekkiss is on a distinguished road. (+10) bekkiss is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Friday I did 3 pps (plates per side). I am rehabbing an injury so I am not going as heavy as I can. I switch up my foot position depending on what I want to work. Some days I do 4x15 and some I do 100's. It really just depends on what type of leg workout I am doing that day. The one thing that is consistent, I always go full ROM. I bring the weight all the way down until I "touch" the stops.
    Lack of activity destroys the good condition of every human being, while movement and methodical physical exercise save it and preserve it.
    Plato

VPX and Gaspari FTW!!

IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    IMO the leg press is overrated. Nothing works legs better than squats, deadlifts, an d lunges. Usually leg press machines are at a 45 degree angle so you are able to press much more weight than a squat or deadlift. Also when you are sitting on the machine you don't have to balance the weight, and when that is taken out of the equation the less your muscles have to work.

The leg press helped me build stronger quads, but as a woman its highly probable that you already have strong quads in relation to your glutes and hamstrings. The leg press really didn't do much for my glutes and hams--not saying it didnt do anything but it was when I started doing deads and squats that I REALLY hit those areas.

As for how much weight I do..I really don't know or care for that matter since I have no idea how much the sled weighs-- all machines vary. Plus if the machine is 45 degree you really aren't lifting that much.

And another thing about leg press machines is that people don't know how to use them. Either they hardly go down enough or they go down too far and lift their butt of the seat. Then I see people who go up on their toes as they lower the weight down and also, especially women, who push their knees together when they lower the weight.

Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by IronCitGrl View Post
    And another thing about leg press machines is that people don't know how to use them. Either they hardly go down enough or they go down too far and lift their butt of the seat. Then I see people who go up on their toes as they lower the weight down and also, especially women, who push their knees together when they lower the weight.
    that goes for any exercise. i see people use pretty horrible form on squats all the time. it's more a question of imbalances than the equipment you use.

i'd also note that the leg press DOES work the quads and is very handy if you're not biomechanically suited to squat properly (= use enough weight to trigger growth).

granted it doesn't do much for core, butt and hams, but that's what deadlifts are for.
    "The human race is still largely a group of monkeys with slightly better grooming habits. Give them a microscope and and they'll examine their own ****, give them a telescope and they'll go looking for tits."

jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    the leg press machine that i use has the weights going on a slight incline upward to i guess make it more challenging. i have been doing one-leg presses and having 35 lbs on. it's hard for me to have one leg to do 10-12 of those for 3 sets!

Adelaide. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adelaide. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adelaide. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adelaide. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adelaide. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adelaide. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adelaide. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adelaide. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adelaide. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adelaide. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adelaide. will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I only have access to a horizontal leg press, not one of the 45 degree 1/2 upside down ones. I alternate leg presses with squats depending on how I'm feeling that day. Right now I'm doing 220lbs 3x12, so I will be going to 240lbs 3x8 the next time I do them.

hyacinth30 is just really nice. (+1000) hyacinth30 is just really nice. (+1000) hyacinth30 is just really nice. (+1000) hyacinth30 is just really nice. (+1000) hyacinth30 is just really nice. (+1000) hyacinth30 is just really nice. (+1000) hyacinth30 is just really nice. (+1000) hyacinth30 is just really nice. (+1000) hyacinth30 is just really nice. (+1000) hyacinth30 is just really nice. (+1000) hyacinth30 is just really nice. (+1000)
    IMO the leg press is overrated. Nothing works legs better than squats, deadlifts, an d lunges. Usually leg press machines are at a 45 degree angle so you are able to press much more weight than a squat or deadlift. Also when you are sitting on the machine you don't have to balance the weight, and when that is taken out of the equation the less your muscles have to work.

The leg press helped me build stronger quads, but as a woman its highly probable that you already have strong quads in relation to your glutes and hamstrings. The leg press really didn't do much for my glutes and hams--not saying it didnt do anything but it was when I started doing deads and squats that I REALLY hit those areas.

As for how much weight I do..I really don't know or care for that matter since I have no idea how much the sled weighs-- all machines vary. Plus if the machine is 45 degree you really aren't lifting that much.

I would agree with the above. When I do use the leg press I usually get up to 5 plates on each side. However, I honestly feel I get a better workout from squats, deadlifts, lunges ect Sometimes Ill throw it in at the end.

michpc is just really nice. (+1000) michpc is just really nice. (+1000) michpc is just really nice. (+1000) michpc is just really nice. (+1000) michpc is just really nice. (+1000) michpc is just really nice. (+1000) michpc is just really nice. (+1000) michpc is just really nice. (+1000) michpc is just really nice. (+1000) michpc is just really nice. (+1000) michpc is just really nice. (+1000)
    I do the incline leg press at about my body weight, though I should up that. I do it because I have early osteoarthritis in my knees and it was recommended by my orthopedist as a low impact (on the knees) way to make my quads stronger, which lessens the pain from the arthritis.
    "success is a journey, not a destination" -most profound fortune cookie ever!

Bonny_Lassie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bonny_Lassie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bonny_Lassie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bonny_Lassie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bonny_Lassie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bonny_Lassie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bonny_Lassie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bonny_Lassie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bonny_Lassie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bonny_Lassie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bonny_Lassie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Squats, Deadlifts, lunges etc are definately the 'elite' when it comes to exercises, because they work so many muscles at the one time.

However, IMO legpress does have a number of advantages. It is great for people who (due to injury or other factors) are unable to perform squats. It is also good if you want to go really heavy on the legs. For instance, I used leg press in my workout today and was pressing double my bodyweight with full ROM. There's no WAY I'd be able to squat that heavy - I'd just crumble under the barbell!

So if you like leg press, then use it! Just ensure that squats, lunges, deadlifts etc are the predominant exercises in your programme !
    "Procrastination is the thief of time"
    -Anon

"The best activities for your health are pumping and humping."
    -Arnold

"I do now what others won't - so I can have later what others can't."
    -Anon.

lauren921 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lauren921 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lauren921 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lauren921 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lauren921 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lauren921 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lauren921 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lauren921 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lauren921 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lauren921 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lauren921 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I do the plate loaded leg press; 300 pounds for 10-12 reps.

PressEnter will become famous soon enough. (+50) PressEnter will become famous soon enough. (+50) PressEnter will become famous soon enough. (+50) PressEnter will become famous soon enough. (+50) PressEnter will become famous soon enough. (+50) PressEnter will become famous soon enough. (+50) PressEnter will become famous soon enough. (+50) PressEnter will become famous soon enough. (+50) PressEnter will become famous soon enough. (+50) PressEnter will become famous soon enough. (+50) PressEnter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I don't really do leg presses at all. Maybe for a warmup. I do not consider myself all that strong, but I think I get more benefit from squatting 225 than leg pressing 600 lbs. At that weight it gets a little ridiculous, at least in my opinion, and negates the issue of leg pressing being safer. I once failed a rep at 700-ish, and man it comes down fast

Edit - sorry, did not realize this was female section
    Last edited by PressEnter; 03-17-2010 at 01:17 PM.

AustJulie is on a distinguished road. (+10) AustJulie is on a distinguished road. (+10) AustJulie is on a distinguished road. (+10) AustJulie is on a distinguished road. (+10) AustJulie is on a distinguished road. (+10) AustJulie is on a distinguished road. (+10) AustJulie is on a distinguished road. (+10) AustJulie is on a distinguished road. (+10) AustJulie is on a distinguished road. (+10) AustJulie is on a distinguished road. (+10) AustJulie is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hmm my max is 5 sets of 10 reps with 395 pounds.. or 180 kilos...so..
    Iam a spanish girl from Malaga/Spain , and living in Dublin ! Hola everyone =)

amberly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amberly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amberly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amberly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amberly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amberly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amberly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amberly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amberly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amberly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amberly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I usually do 450lbs 3 sets 6-8 reps. I don't prefer to do the leg press, I just do it while I'm waiting for a squat rack to open up.

triangle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triangle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triangle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triangle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triangle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triangle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triangle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triangle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triangle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triangle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triangle has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    IMO the leg press is overrated. Nothing works legs better than squats, deadlifts, and lunges.
    This may be the case but due to a birth defect I'm unable to lunge with any decent weight, squat, or deadlift! So I'm fairly reliant on machines to train my legs. I really like the leg press and have made good gains with it. I'm currently pressing about 610lbs plus the sled, which I've been told is 154lbs, for 10. My ROM is deep enough for my glutes to get in on the action. Any deeper and my lower back would be coming off the seat, and I believe that's a good way to get injured!

healthy525 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healthy525 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healthy525 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healthy525 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healthy525 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healthy525 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healthy525 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healthy525 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healthy525 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healthy525 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healthy525 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    would you say that the leg press makes your legs bigger? I usually throw em in at the end and rep out around 180-200lbs (not that heavy i know..)

What i have found lately, since I have been doing heavier weights for leg days, is that to me my legs look better, tighter esp hamstring and underneath the glute area..the thing that is frustrating is that my jeans feel snug in the legs, i mean not tight in the sense that my legs feel fat, but def tighter then a few months ago. It is possible that this is just due to muscle growth right?

nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    huh. I'm kind of surprised - I love the leg press machine. I make sure to keep my knees steady (that is, no buckling together on the negatives), my heels planted on the sled and I find that pressing my back into the pad actually helps, so no arching of the back for me. I lower the weight until right before I would have to lift my butt to get the weight lower, so I feel I'm doing a pretty full range of motion. I find that I get all parts of my legs involved - glutes, quads and hams. Granted, I can't do them terribly heavy - maybe 200lbs for 7-9 reps - but I can barely walk when I step out of the machine.
    Hi, my name is Ellen, and I'm a peanut butter addict...

I do this because I can. I can because I want to. I want to because you said I couldn't.

Registered User michelleski1965's Avatar
    michelleski1965 is on a distinguished road. (+10) michelleski1965 is on a distinguished road. (+10) michelleski1965 is on a distinguished road. (+10) michelleski1965 is on a distinguished road. (+10) michelleski1965 is on a distinguished road. (+10) michelleski1965 is on a distinguished road. (+10) michelleski1965 is on a distinguished road. (+10) michelleski1965 is on a distinguished road. (+10) michelleski1965 is on a distinguished road. (+10) michelleski1965 is on a distinguished road. (+10) michelleski1965 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I use the leg press as well. I haven't really done deadlifts and will only squat using a machine because I don't have a spotter and don't wish to injure myself. This week I loaded 410 lbs on the sled and did 9 sets of 8 (3 with toes pointed out, 3 with them straight up and 3 with them pointed in). The reason for the foot position is to target my whole leg and glutes. I really feel my glutes working when my toes are pointed in!! My legs are rock hard and I'm getting more and more definition in the muscles themselves. My hamstrings went from being one of the weaker parts of my legs to growing nicely. I do also do leg curls for them.

Artemisia510b has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Artemisia510b has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Artemisia510b has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Artemisia510b has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Artemisia510b has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Artemisia510b has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Artemisia510b has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Artemisia510b has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Artemisia510b has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Artemisia510b has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Artemisia510b has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I can do more on some machines than others. On the plate-loaded leg press machine at my school gym, I can do 4 plates per side for 10 reps, or 5 plates per side for 5-7 reps. On the seated leg press, I can do 300 lbs for 5 reps. On the horizontal lying leg press machine on the Mt Scott Community Center, I can do 190 lbs for 13 reps last I tried, but I haven't used that machine in a while. On the plate-loaded leg press at the rec center in Colorado, I can do 4 plates per side for 6 reps.

Because it varies so much based on the machine, I prefer to measure my lower body strength by how much I squat and deadlift, since free weights are the same everywhere. Right now I can squat 215 lbs and deadlift 265 lbs.
    Bench press
    Current: 135 lbs x 2

Squats
    Current: 205 lbs x 1-2
    Short term goal: 225 lbs
    Lifetime goal: 260 lbs

Deadlifts
    Current: 295 lbs x 1
    Lifetime goal: 315 lbs
    ----

Yasher Koach

MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I use it on one of my leg days. Sometimes first sometimes last. At the moment I am doing a high and wide leg placement, which activates more glutes. 200kg x 8 reps, but no idea what the sled weighs on its own.

Agreed though, is that squats and deads are king, provided one doesn't have a medical issue which prevents them.

Registered User sweetkissees918's Avatar
    sweetkissees918 is a name known to all. (+5000) sweetkissees918 is a name known to all. (+5000) sweetkissees918 is a name known to all. (+5000) sweetkissees918 is a name known to all. (+5000) sweetkissees918 is a name known to all. (+5000) sweetkissees918 is a name known to all. (+5000) sweetkissees918 is a name known to all. (+5000) sweetkissees918 is a name known to all. (+5000) sweetkissees918 is a name known to all. (+5000) sweetkissees918 is a name known to all. (+5000) sweetkissees918 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The most ive done is 680lbs ...thats 7 1/2 plates each side.. i usually just rep 7 each side for 8-10 reps.
    ▪█───────█▪

Bench Press: Current: 210lbs Goal: 225lbs
    Deadlift: Current: 442.5lbs (World Record) Goal: 500lbs
    Military Press: Current: 120lbs Goal: 135lbs
    Squat: Current: 372.5lbs Goal: 400lbs

~Working out and not eating right is like doing your homework and not turning it in.~

******** link to our training page: www.********.com/pages/Xtreme-Fitness/1478082779087471

IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Just a question....

Why do so many people care what OTHER people are doing?? Everyone is different and at different levels of training. Worry about YOURSELF. You should be competing against yourself not others. If you walk out of the gym faster and stronger than the day before why does it matter what other people do?

Registered User sweetkissees918's Avatar
    sweetkissees918 is a name known to all. (+5000) sweetkissees918 is a name known to all. (+5000) sweetkissees918 is a name known to all. (+5000) sweetkissees918 is a name known to all. (+5000) sweetkissees918 is a name known to all. (+5000) sweetkissees918 is a name known to all. (+5000) sweetkissees918 is a name known to all. (+5000) sweetkissees918 is a name known to all. (+5000) sweetkissees918 is a name known to all. (+5000) sweetkissees918 is a name known to all. (+5000) sweetkissees918 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Just a question....

Why do so many people care what OTHER people are doing?? Everyone is different and at different levels of training. Worry about YOURSELF. You should be competing against yourself not others. If you walk out of the gym faster and stronger than the day before why does it matter what other people do?
    People are curious of other people... that's how its always been and will be. People will always wonder how big someones biceps are or how much they bench. We do compete against ourselves when it comes to working out but curiosity will always be there of others.
    ▪█───────█▪

Bench Press: Current: 210lbs Goal: 225lbs
    Deadlift: Current: 442.5lbs (World Record) Goal: 500lbs
    Military Press: Current: 120lbs Goal: 135lbs
    Squat: Current: 372.5lbs Goal: 400lbs

~Working out and not eating right is like doing your homework and not turning it in.~

******** link to our training page: www.********.com/pages/Xtreme-Fitness/1478082779087471

BleachedPink will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleachedPink will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleachedPink will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleachedPink will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleachedPink will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleachedPink will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleachedPink will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleachedPink will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleachedPink will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleachedPink will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleachedPink will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I signed up for a gym membership finally and was finding where I'm at on all the machines. I can do 200-220lb depending on how I'm feeling that day. Hopefully I'll see those numbers go up as I keep working at it.

Jass79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jass79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jass79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jass79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jass79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jass79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jass79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jass79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jass79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jass79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jass79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by kdot28 View Post
    I've recently just started going to the gym. Did some strength training for thighs and butt today and found that I quite like the 'leg press' machine. Just wondering if you use it and if so, what weight do you do it on and how many reps/sets before you get tired?
    You will get a hell of a lot more benefit from doing Squats (ATG) then leg press. Lots of people at my gym putting around 200kg+ on the leg press but can't even squat 100kg. Leg press is a good accessory exercise, unless you have some problems with your lower back or knees ect, i wouldn't incorporate this as my main bread and butter for legs.
    Making progress....

140kg Bench
    200kg DF
    170kg ATG squat

paleorainy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) paleorainy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) paleorainy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) paleorainy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) paleorainy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) paleorainy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) paleorainy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) paleorainy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) paleorainy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) paleorainy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) paleorainy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Jass79 View Post
    You will get a hell of a lot more benefit from doing Squats (ATG) then leg press. Lots of people at my gym putting around 200kg+ on the leg press but can't even squat 100kg. Leg press is a good accessory exercise, unless you have some problems with your lower back or knees ect, i wouldn't incorporate this as my main bread and butter for legs.
    Good post, repped!
    'Name one thing that did not last but was worth it'
    'Chicken'

wannabefit69 is just really nice. (+1000) wannabefit69 is just really nice. (+1000) wannabefit69 is just really nice. (+1000) wannabefit69 is just really nice. (+1000) wannabefit69 is just really nice. (+1000) wannabefit69 is just really nice. (+1000) wannabefit69 is just really nice. (+1000) wannabefit69 is just really nice. (+1000) wannabefit69 is just really nice. (+1000) wannabefit69 is just really nice. (+1000) wannabefit69 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by kdot28 View Post

Ok up to 508lbs 2x10 at the end of a worko usually (first set was 450, but added more weight as it was to easy)
    "Train beyond the pain and death is your only release"-Steve Michalik-Mr. America"

Born Raw Clothing promoter http://www.bornrawclothing.com/ use my code JA10 to get 10% off your order! Free world wide shipping.

Nutrabolics hemotropin review: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154415661&p=1080490121#post1080490121
    Nutrabolics thermo XTC review: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156218933&p=1118528093#post1118528093

blog website: http://fat2figure.weebly.com/

GregosIE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I know this is an old thread but that's Google's fault

How come such high numbers ? :O
    We have a sort of leg press machine at the gym but the maximum is like 300 lbs on it, and pressing something above 150lbs will be tough

this is the machine :
    build-muscle-101.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/leg-press.jpg

a proper weight for me was around 100lbs, I took the machine behind a big girl and she was using 130lbs (...which I first I tried to use and I was like oh wow she's got strong legs lol )

roxie411 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roxie411 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roxie411 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roxie411 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roxie411 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roxie411 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roxie411 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roxie411 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roxie411 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roxie411 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roxie411 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    200 on a good day

f00d is a name known to all. (+5000) f00d is a name known to all. (+5000) f00d is a name known to all. (+5000) f00d is a name known to all. (+5000) f00d is a name known to all. (+5000) f00d is a name known to all. (+5000) f00d is a name known to all. (+5000) f00d is a name known to all. (+5000) f00d is a name known to all. (+5000) f00d is a name known to all. (+5000) f00d is a name known to all. (+5000)
    4.5pps (25s) 4 sets of 8.