Jazmine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Legs Legs Legs!!!!

Hi, I would like know if anyone knows any supplements/pills/vitamins etc..good for building muscular thick legs. I have

Any suggestion would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

Aurora has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aurora has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aurora has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aurora has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aurora has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aurora has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aurora has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aurora has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aurora has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aurora has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aurora has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    A magic leg pill?

jeesus...
    "Theia yielded to Hyperion's love and gave birth
    to great Helios and bright Selene and Eos,
    who brings light to all the mortals of this earth
    and to the immortal gods who rule the wide sky."
    (Hesiod, Theogony, 371-74)

MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Sorry...but there are absoulutely no pills, suppls, vitamins that will build any body parts. It takes the old fashioned hard training at the gym, good clean diet and time.

ItFit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItFit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Genetics play a part as well...
    http://www.myspace.com/bellafit

Plan to succeed & you will. Fail to plan & you may not get to where you want to be.

Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Jazmine
    Hi, I would like know if anyone knows any supplements/pills/vitamins etc..good for building muscular thick legs. I have

Any suggestion would be very much appreciated. Thanks!
    Weightlifting heavy and eating alot.
    WORKOUT
    M: Full body workout
    T: Off
    W: Full body workout
    T: Off
    F: Off
    S: Full body workout
    S: OFF

Walk dog 1 hour a day.

DIET
    Protein and good fats, low carb

Goal: Loose fat and gain muscle!

Just do it!
    Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated!
    You are what you eat!

Why the irritation?

It’s just a question. If you don’t care to give a decent answer then please read on!

I thought maybe there were supplements or anything in that regard which specifically target that area, there are various different products out there these days. Who knows.

Smile

Thanks for the link Ms. Fit!

Is it still possible to achieve a nicely toned body without going to the gym or equipment?

Just basic sit ups/push ups, squats ….?

Registered Something devil_s haircut's Avatar
    devil_s haircut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devil_s haircut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devil_s haircut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devil_s haircut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devil_s haircut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devil_s haircut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devil_s haircut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devil_s haircut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devil_s haircut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devil_s haircut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devil_s haircut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Thumbs up

Is it still possible to achieve a nicely toned body without going to the gym or equipment?

"Tone" (as most people understand it) involves two things:

1. Low enough body fat to make muscle visible (i.e. cardio and diet).
    2. Enough muscle to show (i.e. lifting weights and diet).

"Tone" is also a naughty word on bb.com forums.

Body weight exercises will only get you so far. Eventually, you will have to increase the amount of weight you are doing to initiate more muscle growth.

mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Yes, I believe it is. You can do squats using your body weight and walking lunges. You can do lunges to the side as well. You can do step ups or better yet....go to a place that has a huge set of stairs you can run. Running is great for your legs (not long distance but sprints and running hills). You can ride a bike and that will work your legs too. For abs...I don't think you need any equipment just the correct form. However, if you want to build a significan amount of muscle then weights are a must IMO.

I would just like to decrease my body fat and make muscles visible. Unfortunately I don’t have stairs in my house or stair climbing would be a very good idea.

I’m not sure if a treadmill or an electric bicycle is best for working on muscular legs...what if I add creatine?

Buff bride to be imperfectly_lou's Avatar
    imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I would just like to decrease my body fat and make muscles visible. Unfortunately I don’t have stairs in my house or stair climbing would be a very good idea.

I’m not sure if a treadmill or an electric bicycle is best for working on muscular legs...what if I add creatine?
    You need to lift weights, heavy ones at that.... simple as that

TennisChik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TennisChik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TennisChik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TennisChik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TennisChik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TennisChik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TennisChik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TennisChik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TennisChik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TennisChik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TennisChik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Jazmine, are you currently doing anything diet or exercize wise to "tone" your legs?

The purpose of supplements (amino acids, protein, etc.) is to help feed the muscles for workouts. Once the muscle has been subjected to strenuous activity (weight training), then we feed it food and supplements so that it can grow to its fullest potential. The supplements alone are useless if you aren't working your muscles.

In my experience, most women at the gym want what you want. They want to be thin, lean and "toned". The way they choose to reach this goal is by using cardio machines. Many people here will agree that they go to the gym day in and day out and see the same chicks on the machines on a regular basis and they never look any different than they did a month, 6 months or a year earlier. Why? The biggest factor is because they don't eat a clean diet. They eat your typical American diet full of sugars & refined, processed foods. They think that they work out, so they can go home and eat crap and they'll go back to the gym the next day and do the same thing. Some of these women I have seen literally for years still on the elliptical machine, butt hanging and cottage cheese jiggling all over the place. They're hanging onto the handles of the machine and their bat wings on the back of their arms are swinging back and forth. IF they ate a clean diet, they could lose some of the body fat, but their muscles would probably still be flat and saggy (saggy butt, bat wings, etc.) What the VAST majority of women are missing is weight training. Weight training is what actually sculpts your body, makes you look tight and held together, keeps your butt off the ground, gives you nice caps on your shoulders, keeps your triceps from flapping in the breeze, gives you a tight stomach, etc.

Do you need a gym membership? No. Do you need equipment? It depends on how far you want to go.

There are many things you can do outside of a gym to help, but like a previous poster said, it will only get you to a certain point and if you want to go past that, then, yes, you'll have to have some type of equipment to take you further--you'll need to start working with weights.

For me, the first thing that started me was getting involved in a sport. My body improved to a certain extent and then I realized that I had to get in the gym to go further with my goals. I learned how to weight train and it literally changed my life. Cardio is WAY overrated in our mainstream society. Your first step is to get help evaluating your diet and look into doing some resistance training. You seem to be a beginner, so some basic equipment if you don't want to join a gym would be maybe some exercise bands and a ball and begin resistance training at home. Go to your newstand and get the current issue of Oxygen magazine. It shows some good resistance exercises using these 2 pieces of equipment. Also, you can find a good place to run sprints or bleachers or go to a pool and swim laps. If you get results doing this and want to go further, you'll have to look into additional equipment (maybe a few sets of dumbbells or ones with interchangeable weights) or join a smaller gym. I started off in a really small, private gym with limited equipment and then when I needed better equipment, I joined a larger gym.

Find some good books, get a good magazine subscription (I like Oxygen to start off with) and start reading on how to train and decide that you are going to stick with it and give yourself at least a few months to see results.

I hope this helps.

Smile

Thanks a lot TennisChik

I’ll check out those issues!

Currently, I’m not doing any exercises. However I would like to start a work-out regime to tone up and gain weight. I have a tight schedule which makes it impossible at times to visit the gym. It would be more convenient to work-out at home, however I’m not sure which equipment I should purchase. I’d like to focus on toning up my body particularly my legs and stomach. I’ll be purchasing a treadmill and doing basic exercises such as sit-ups/push-ups.

belita has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Helene View Post
    Weightlifting heavy and eating alot.
    I keep hearing to eat alot but how much is alot? I don't want to get thick around my waistline. Can I eat alot and still keep my waistline?

daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Strong bump
    Government is for slaves
    Free men govern themselves

BJJ + Navy log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164870361

husband, father, trainer KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Jazmine View Post
    Hi, I would like know if anyone knows any supplements/pills/vitamins etc..good for building muscular thick legs.
    Yes. It comes in 50lb bags and is pretty cheap.

Take a tablespoon every morning with your oats, it will help you harden the fck up and go squat.*

Seriously, hard work does it. Also hard work. And some hard work. And lots of good food. Supplements are usually just a placebo, and an expensive one at that. There's no shortcut past Hard Work Road.

* If you think that was rude and it made you feel bad, wait until you do 20-rep breathing squats, the iron is very ill-mannered and sometimes makes you go blind and throw up.
    Last edited by KyleAaron; 03-15-2010 at 04:16 AM.

Bonny_Lassie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bonny_Lassie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bonny_Lassie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bonny_Lassie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bonny_Lassie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bonny_Lassie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bonny_Lassie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bonny_Lassie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bonny_Lassie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bonny_Lassie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bonny_Lassie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by KyleAaron View Post
    Yes. It comes in 50lb bags and is pretty cheap.

Take a tablespoon every morning with your oats, it will help you harden the fck up and go squat.*

Seriously, hard work does it. Also hard work. And some hard work. And lots of good food. Supplements are usually just a placebo, and an expensive one at that. There's no shortcut past Hard Work Road.

* If you think that was rude and it made you feel bad, wait until you do 20-rep breathing squats, the iron is very ill-mannered and sometimes makes you go blind and throw up.
    Haha! Love this!

However Kyle, if I do decide to go for the cement option, how will it fit in with my macros....?
    Last edited by Bonny_Lassie; 03-15-2010 at 06:51 AM. Reason: Spelling mistake !!!
    "Procrastination is the thief of time"
    -Anon

"The best activities for your health are pumping and humping."
    -Arnold

"I do now what others won't - so I can have later what others can't."
    -Anon.

Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    A magic leg pill?

jeesus...
    I want some!!
    "A champion is someone who gets up even when he can't" ---Jack Dempsey

I eat for living, not just lifting.