Noobuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) Noobuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) Noobuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) Noobuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) Noobuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) Noobuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) Noobuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) Noobuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) Noobuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) Noobuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) Noobuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10)

In need of Help!!

Im starting to get unmotivated in my diet recently and dont want to fall off the track so looking for some advice from you helpful fellas.

Basically i've been doing a Keto diet based off of Palumbo's diet. All the carbs are fibrous, healthy fats, etc.
    Calories: 2,711
    Fat: 141
    Carbs: 45
    Protein: 327

I have been achieving my goal of 2lbs of weight loss per week. I started at 257lbs and am currently 233-234. I still have around 20lbs to lose before I am where I want to be imo.

Now on to the problem, recently these last 2 weeks I have not lost any weight. I've been bouncing in the 233-234 range. I havent changed anything in my routine or diet to make me stop losing.

A little insight on my routine, I workout 5 Days a week and I don't do cardio or take any fat burners. I have not started cardio because I was trying to maintain as much muscle as possible and hold out till the stubborn fat. I also have a refeed day and on that day I have two refeed meals, nothing crazy usually a steak and some type of carb like pasta,rice or potato.

So what I am wanting to know is what would you do to adjust and make the weight loss pick back up while trying to maintain as much muscle as possible.

Thank you again for the help and let me know if theres anything else you need to know.
    Last edited by Noobuilder; 03-12-2010 at 12:32 PM.

budershank is on a distinguished road. (+10) budershank is on a distinguished road. (+10) budershank is on a distinguished road. (+10) budershank is on a distinguished road. (+10) budershank is on a distinguished road. (+10) budershank is on a distinguished road. (+10) budershank is on a distinguished road. (+10) budershank is on a distinguished road. (+10) budershank is on a distinguished road. (+10) budershank is on a distinguished road. (+10) budershank is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Lower your calories some. It maybe water weight you are simply holding on to for the past 2 weeks but at 2700calories you can safely cut some more out.
    Fat Loss for Newbs guide: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113693871

The 80/20 rule: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=122509811

Revolutionize has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Revolutionize has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Revolutionize has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Revolutionize has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Revolutionize has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Revolutionize has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Revolutionize has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Revolutionize has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Revolutionize has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Revolutionize has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Revolutionize has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by budershank View Post
    Lower your calories some. It maybe water weight you are simply holding on to for the past 2 weeks but at 2700calories you can safely cut some more out.
    ^^^^This.
    2/14: 218
    7/7: 183

"The poison is in the dose." ~ Brad Pilon

"What matters is actually doing something. You usually won't find out if something is right for you ahead of time unless you just hunker down and try it. So stop worrying and start hunkering." ~ Lyle McDonald

" 'Why' is one of the most powerful words you can put in your vocabulary." ~ Alan Aragon

"I'm lucky because I can eat whatever I want and I just get really, really fat." ~ Louis C.K.

Noobuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) Noobuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) Noobuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) Noobuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) Noobuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) Noobuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) Noobuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) Noobuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) Noobuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) Noobuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) Noobuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    What do you think is a acceptable amount? Is this a sufficient change? Btw my job that I work 6 days a week is a pretty active one, im constantly moving around at a decent pace.

Calories: 2,477
    Fats:124.3
    Carbs:40.9
    Protein:310.5

Im a bit surprised I lost my weight so consistently until now if my calories were too high.
    Last edited by Noobuilder; 03-12-2010 at 12:59 PM.

Revolutionize has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Revolutionize has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Revolutionize has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Revolutionize has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Revolutionize has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Revolutionize has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Revolutionize has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Revolutionize has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Revolutionize has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Revolutionize has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Revolutionize has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Noobuilder View Post
    What do you think is a acceptable amount? Is this a sufficient change? Btw my job that I work 6 days a week is a pretty active one, im constantly moving around at a decent pace.

Calories: 2,477
    Fats:124.3
    Carbs:40.9
    Protein:310.5

Im a bit surprised I lost my weight so consistently until now if my calories were too high.
    You have to keep adjusting your calories downward as you lose weight. The more the weigh, the more calories you need. As you lose weight, your maintenance level will naturally be lower. Lyle MacDonald talks about this quite a bit on his website (bodyrecomposition.com). You should check it out - it's one of the best sites I have seen, filled with great information.
    2/14: 218
    7/7: 183

"The poison is in the dose." ~ Brad Pilon

"What matters is actually doing something. You usually won't find out if something is right for you ahead of time unless you just hunker down and try it. So stop worrying and start hunkering." ~ Lyle McDonald

" 'Why' is one of the most powerful words you can put in your vocabulary." ~ Alan Aragon

"I'm lucky because I can eat whatever I want and I just get really, really fat." ~ Louis C.K.

budershank is on a distinguished road. (+10) budershank is on a distinguished road. (+10) budershank is on a distinguished road. (+10) budershank is on a distinguished road. (+10) budershank is on a distinguished road. (+10) budershank is on a distinguished road. (+10) budershank is on a distinguished road. (+10) budershank is on a distinguished road. (+10) budershank is on a distinguished road. (+10) budershank is on a distinguished road. (+10) budershank is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Like the guy above said, over time you typically have to adjust calories as you lose weight. So that being said your calories weren't too high since you have lost so much weight, but its possible they are now.

You can definitely give it more time. I have stalled for over 2-3 weeks and then lost 4-6 pounds in 2 days thanks to some weird water retention my body likes to do. Alternatively you could cut down to 2k calories starting now. You have enough protein to do that safely.
    Fat Loss for Newbs guide: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113693871

So do you think going from 2,711 to 2,477 is sufficient enough or should I go lower? Im kinda a spaz about this because I want to lose safely.

So do you think going from 2,711 to 2,477 is sufficient enough or should I go lower? Im kinda a spaz about this because I want to lose safely.
    I personally would go lower to 2k, like i said. You can cut at a slower rate and just do -300 calories, wait about 3 weeks and assess the situation again. It's all up to you.

alright, thanks again for the help!

My body is seriously ridiculous, after getting everyones advice I decided to drop my cals to 2,179 and I started to lose weight again. Im now at 227 and my body once again has decided to stop losing weight. I assume its time to lower it to around 1900 now? Thanks again for helping me through this.

With new Diet adjustments:

Calories:1,998
    Fat:85.8
    Carbs:28.1
    Protein:285.2

This would be a 180 calorie decrease,the only thing that concerns me is how low my fats are getting when they are very essential for Keto. Do you think I need to drop it lower than this? Im surprised how fast my body got used to my last decrease since it was like 600 less calories than I was eating.
    Last edited by Noobuilder; 04-09-2010 at 10:27 AM.

bump

mcVindicated will become famous soon enough. (+50) mcVindicated will become famous soon enough. (+50) mcVindicated will become famous soon enough. (+50) mcVindicated will become famous soon enough. (+50) mcVindicated will become famous soon enough. (+50) mcVindicated will become famous soon enough. (+50) mcVindicated will become famous soon enough. (+50) mcVindicated will become famous soon enough. (+50) mcVindicated will become famous soon enough. (+50) mcVindicated will become famous soon enough. (+50) mcVindicated will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    change your diet up abit , same or slightly lower calorie intake.. i mean slightly

change workout ......if doing 3 sets of 10 .....do 4 sets of 8

sometimes posative changes that your body isnt use to it can push you out of a plateu

also make sure your drinking enough water
    People don't drown from falling in water................They drown from staying there.

DieTrying91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DieTrying91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Weightloss while maintaining muscle is such a tough one! I lost 100lbs and did not maintain my muscle mass only because doing so requires an increase amount of time to lose the fat. I really think you should just do a low calorie diet and drop the weight fat and some lean body mass and than build up rather than take a year and drop such little weight. You need to start doing cardio immediately. This alone will trigger lipolysis. High Intensity Interval Training is the most effective form of cardio to burn body fat without losing muscle. To see the evidence, let's compare these two types of cardio in a real world situation. Sprinters have much more muscle than marathon runners. Sprinters perform a quick burst of effort, followed by a period of resting. Marathon runners train using the "slow and steady cardio" that is recommended by most trainers. I don't know about you, but I would rather look like a sprinter! When you hit cardio, alternate intense sprinting type efforts for 30 seconds followed by a minute or so of a less intense effort. Continue this pattern for 15 minutes. You will burn body fat while keeping that hard earned muscle. Fat burners do work in the short. Try EC stack. Go to your local walgreens and ask for "Bronkaid" behind the counter and go to the cold medicine aisle and look for "vivarian" its a caffeine pill brand next to it should be generic caffeine pills (its your money you pick) combine and take daily. Good luck.

HapaHaoleOkole will become famous soon enough. (+50) HapaHaoleOkole will become famous soon enough. (+50) HapaHaoleOkole will become famous soon enough. (+50) HapaHaoleOkole will become famous soon enough. (+50) HapaHaoleOkole will become famous soon enough. (+50) HapaHaoleOkole will become famous soon enough. (+50) HapaHaoleOkole will become famous soon enough. (+50) HapaHaoleOkole will become famous soon enough. (+50) HapaHaoleOkole will become famous soon enough. (+50) HapaHaoleOkole will become famous soon enough. (+50) HapaHaoleOkole will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Im starting to get unmotivated in my diet recently and dont want to fall off the track so looking for some advice from you helpful fellas.

Basically i've been doing a Keto diet based off of Palumbo's diet. All the carbs are fibrous, healthy fats, etc.
    Calories: 2,711
    Fat: 141
    Carbs: 45
    Protein: 327

I have been achieving my goal of 2lbs of weight loss per week. I started at 257lbs and am currently 233-234. I still have around 20lbs to lose before I am where I want to be imo.

Now on to the problem, recently these last 2 weeks I have not lost any weight. I've been bouncing in the 233-234 range. I havent changed anything in my routine or diet to make me stop losing.

A little insight on my routine, I workout 5 Days a week and I don't do cardio or take any fat burners. I have not started cardio because I was trying to maintain as much muscle as possible and hold out till the stubborn fat. I also have a refeed day and on that day I have two refeed meals, nothing crazy usually a steak and some type of carb like pasta,rice or potato.

So what I am wanting to know is what would you do to adjust and make the weight loss pick back up while trying to maintain as much muscle as possible.

Thank you again for the help and let me know if theres anything else you need to know.
    Be careful with fat burners especially ones with stimulants, which would include caffeine/bromine etc... If you overuse these for your system not how someone else's body reacts to them, you could wreck your adrenals and ultimately your immune system.

Bumping this up cause i hit a stopping point once again and curious about others advice.

Im still lifting 5xweek,I have not touched a fat burner or done cardio yet but I still feel like my body isnt at the point where either of those are necessary at least from prior experience dieting but that wasnt keto. Im 214 with no water in my body and my waist my navel is 33in. Have not got my bf checked but just visually I assume around 15%.

Heres my diet breakdown now, its drastically lower since i started.
    Calories:1,782
    Fats:72.8
    Carbs:23.6
    Protein:262.6

Im starting to not like keto for me and wishing i went the carb cycling route. Im almost debating switching now. I've hit stopping points way too many times and its pretty frustrating being strict and eating this small of an amount to not lose. My strength has taken a complete dump but I push on hoping to get the results im looking for.

So basically what im asking is from you seasoned keto dieters that lift what would your advice be to me? I need to do something to make my body continue losing weight but I feel like dropping the calories any lower is crazy at this amount.

Thanks again for the help.

forum moves fast.