Thread: Battle Ropes

cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz

Battle Ropes

Do you guys know of a cheap source or alternate for 50' of 2" rope?

I had thought about using old garden hose filled with water (and sealed up) with 2" handles made...but I'm not sure how well this would work.

I've also thought about old fire hoses, but was informed that the county I live in do not "dispose" of their old hoses..... (what do they do with them then?)

Anyways, anyone have any suggestions?
    "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"

The more I workout at commercial gyms, the more I hate commercial gyms.

Psalms 144:1
    Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

www.mutantfitness.com buffbrown21's Avatar
    buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I got mine from a Marine supply store. It was very cheap because it had been used, but has held up for a while now. I made a climbing rope out of it. Maybe check around with the boating/fishing stores near you.

So, you are setting up something to do John Brookfield's Batting Ropes system, huh? Good luck.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member #14

www.ShankAZombie.com

cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by buffbrown21 View Post
    I got mine from a Marine supply store. It was very cheap because it had been used, but has held up for a while now. I made a climbing rope out of it. Maybe check around with the boating/fishing stores near you.

So, you are setting up something to do John Brookfield's Batting Ropes system, huh? Good luck.
    They're just VERY good MMA conditioning...as I'm sure you know, SO many uses....
    "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"

The more I workout at commercial gyms, the more I hate commercial gyms.

Psalms 144:1
    Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hi,
    i got my 105 feet of 1.5 " manila rope off ebay for $147 total

i did a few workouts of battling ropes and its a beatdown,

good luck

bowester has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bowester has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bowester has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bowester has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bowester has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bowester has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bowester has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bowester has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bowester has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bowester has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bowester has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Army Surplus

Brand new hemp. 1.5 inches and 40 feet for my girlfriend and 2 inches and 50 feet for me. She works out with hers twice a week and loves it. I think our total was about 110.00. I called every rope supply store in town and checked the hardware stores and farmers supply stores then stumbled on it at the Army Surplus. Good purchase.

Best

quim831 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Army Surplus

Originally Posted by bowester View Post
    Brand new hemp. 1.5 inches and 40 feet for my girlfriend and 2 inches and 50 feet for me. She works out with hers twice a week and loves it. I think our total was about 110.00. I called every rope supply store in town and checked the hardware stores and farmers supply stores then stumbled on it at the Army Surplus. Good purchase.

Best
    Hi

I was looking for these ropes in UK Army Surplus, but I didn't find them. From what country did you purchase them?

Regards

jmcclughen27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmcclughen27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Ropes

Onnit.com sells kettlebells and Ropes in 1.5'' and 2'' sizes for what seems like a fair price. Joe Rogan speaks very highly of them and everything I have ever bought from that company is the best quality.
    Everybody wants to be a body builder, but nobody wants to lift no heavy ass weights! -Ronnie Coleman

ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by cgc View Post
    Do you guys know of a cheap source or alternate for 50' of 2" rope?

I had thought about using old garden hose filled with water (and sealed up) with 2" handles made...but I'm not sure how well this would work.

I've also thought about old fire hoses, but was informed that the county I live in do not "dispose" of their old hoses..... (what do they do with them then?)

Anyways, anyone have any suggestions?
    Fire hoses should be pretty easy to find if you wanted to try those first. I have found a few on craigslist, but when I called my local fire department they just gave me one for free. You may want to try calling a few more local stations even if they are out of your county.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/for/3236786970.html

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/sat/grd/3292077191.html (I am sure you could talk this guy way down)

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/sat/bar/3219006356.html

I have also seen a lot more people using tow chains for the same exercises. Again you may be able to find a cheap set on craigslist.

dutchoven138 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dutchoven138 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dutchoven138 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dutchoven138 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dutchoven138 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dutchoven138 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dutchoven138 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dutchoven138 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dutchoven138 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dutchoven138 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dutchoven138 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    http://www.harrysarmysurplus.net/rope.html Suggestion on any of these?
    2 live crew.... Get the joke?

Here is the light, oh let it shine through me.

Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by dutchoven138 View Post
    http://www.harrysarmysurplus.net/rope.html Suggestion on any of these?
    None. You need something thicker. Like manilla or a poly rope.
    ▪██─────██▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #3 ▪██─────██▪

○---○ [[[[-----]]]] York Barbell Crew #52 [[[[-----]]]] ○---○
    ( DD Crew, Globes, Kg's, + )

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #45 ▪█─────█▪

~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

dutchoven138 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dutchoven138 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dutchoven138 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dutchoven138 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dutchoven138 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dutchoven138 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dutchoven138 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dutchoven138 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dutchoven138 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dutchoven138 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dutchoven138 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Last edited by dutchoven138; 09-26-2012 at 05:53 PM. Reason: .
    2 live crew.... Get the joke?

Here is the light, oh let it shine through me.

GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ndmike99 View Post
    Fire hoses
    ^^ This. Stop by a small town firehall and ask about hose that is damaged or failed pressure testing. Shouldn't be hard to get for free if you look around. Larger cities likely will not do this as the hose has been exposed to some nasty stuff and they don't want to pass that on to you, which is reasonable. My department has it incinerated by a third party I believe.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #30 ()---()

rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    How about calling a place that sells fire equipment and asking if they have any "remnants"? I don't know how viable this idea is, but it might be worth a shot.....

I worked at a Scout camp years ago, and either a fire hall or equipment supplier donated some pieces of old fire hose for us to use on the edge of a rappelling tower to help protect the ropes. They were smaller pieces, but it seems reasonable that you might be able to find a 50' piece somewhere.

kevinmay01 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Battle Ropes

I think this is an Old thread but best place to question about the best battle rope which you ever saw. I live in Auckland and wanted to buy Battle rope which is really good. i know a store homemart.co.nz. Some one suggest me that store and I want to know another store which is really good and effective results.