Bboy85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bboy85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bboy85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bboy85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bboy85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bboy85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bboy85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bboy85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bboy85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bboy85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bboy85 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Instant weight gain

So i have been sticking with my cut diet, no cheating... and losing weight at a nice steady pace.

I weigh myself every morning, and i had been holding at 196 each morning for the past 4 days.

I go to the movies last night and eat a medium bag of popcorn (i purposely did not eat two slices of bread earlier that day so i could have some popcorn at the movies)...

Wake up this morning... 200 pds. This is obviously the salt from the popcorn retaining water, right?

beginner84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beginner84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beginner84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beginner84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beginner84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beginner84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beginner84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beginner84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beginner84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beginner84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beginner84 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    two slices of bread are WAY less calories in my eyes than a medium bag of pops.
    little guy trying to get big :)

DirtyRobot is on a distinguished road. (+10) DirtyRobot is on a distinguished road. (+10) DirtyRobot is on a distinguished road. (+10) DirtyRobot is on a distinguished road. (+10) DirtyRobot is on a distinguished road. (+10) DirtyRobot is on a distinguished road. (+10) DirtyRobot is on a distinguished road. (+10) DirtyRobot is on a distinguished road. (+10) DirtyRobot is on a distinguished road. (+10) DirtyRobot is on a distinguished road. (+10) DirtyRobot is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Bboy85 View Post
    So i have been sticking with my cut diet, no cheating... and losing weight at a nice steady pace.

I weigh myself every morning, and i had been holding at 196 each morning for the past 4 days.

I go to the movies last night and eat a medium bag of popcorn (i purposely did not eat two slices of bread earlier that day so i could have some popcorn at the movies)...

Wake up this morning... 200 pds. This is obviously the salt from the popcorn retaining water, right?
    No, I am afraid the bag of popcorn was 14,000 calories and this accounts for the 4 lbs of fat you put on in one evening.

(Yes, it is probably salt that is causing water retention, and it is definitely water retention.)

Pro Natural Bodybuilder AustrianOakJr's Avatar
    AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by DirtyRobot View Post
    No, I am afraid the bag of popcorn was 14,000 calories and this accounts for the 4 lbs of fat you put on in one evening.

(Yes, it is probably salt that is causing water retention, and it is definitely water retention.)
    Well, that butter they put on there at the movies might be 14000 calories.

OP.....its sodium and carbs. Both cause water retention. Increase your water intake for a day or two and it will come right back off.
    "Who the Son sets free is free indeed....."

WNBF Pro Natural Bodybuilder

Check out my CELLUCOR Supplement log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148746693&pagenumber=

3DMJ Athlete

Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Bboy85 View Post

Of course it is probably water. However, the body does gain (and lose) in a very sporadic manner. I often see people stuck at a weight for a while, then they wake up one day multiple pounds lighter (or heavier), and they often stay that way.

So weight-gain (and loss) does definitely happen in spurts! But sadly there's nothing magical about popcorn and it's ability to put on pounds of lean mass in one evening

Best,
    Dr Clay Hyght, DC, CSCS, CISSN
    www.DrClay.com

www.Labrada.com

Labrada Nutrition: "The Most Trusted Name in Sports Nutrition!"

The above is for informational purposes only and is not meant to be used as medical advice. Always consult your doctor prior to beginning any new diet, supplementation, or exercise program.

Bboy85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bboy85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bboy85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bboy85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bboy85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bboy85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bboy85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bboy85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bboy85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bboy85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bboy85 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ha, no butter guys... I'm better than that
    I knocked "The Situation" out cold with one headbutt to the face...

Registered User RealMenDeadLift's Avatar
    RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000)
    ewww, movie theater butter, just the smell gives me a headache

VTRunner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VTRunner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VTRunner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VTRunner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VTRunner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VTRunner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VTRunner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VTRunner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VTRunner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VTRunner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VTRunner is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    As with anything, go back to your normal diet, wait about 2 or 3 days, and you'll probably be 196 again.

Its just like the people who come on here and say, "I got smashed last night and woke up 3 pounds lighter. How did this happen?!?"

All water weight. OR maybe 0.1 pounds actual weight gain due to slight increase in calories and 3.9 pounds water. Either way, doesn't matter.
    B.S. Human Nutrition, Foods and Exercise
    Virginia Tech 2012

M.S. Molecular Metabolism
    Virginia Tech 2014