Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    NETPRO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by honor_your_life View Post
    Ok, I'm a type 1 diabetic (insulin dependent) so how does this affect me?
    My uncel has diabetic, he uses honey with no side effects.
    tell your doctor and see what he would say.

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by NETPRO View Post
    lately i tried to decrease the ammount of sugar intake so i started using honey instead.
    First off, I suspect you are a troll, but I am going to feed you anyway. I am not sure why you think honey is much different from sugar. By the way, did you realize that a tablespoon of table sugar contains 46 calories, while a tablespoon of honey contains 64?

Honey is very healthy food...Honey is not like sugar.
    Sugar is only sucrose.
    Honey is not just 2 simple sugars (simple carbohydrates) it also contains Amino acids, minerals, vitamins and still 5% unknown ingredints.
    Honey contains trace amounts of some minerals, but the amounts are insignificant.

Honey consists predominantly of fructose and glucose.

Table sugar is sucrose, which contains equal amounts of fructose and glucose.

Guess what? Sucrose and honey both deliver the same sugars in the same ratios to the same tissues within the same time frame to the same metabolic pathways. The human body is simply unable to distinguish fructose-containing nutritive sweeteners from one another once they reach the bloodstream. See, Straight talk about high-fructose corn syrup: what it is and what it ain't. White JS. Am J Clin Nutr. 2008 Dec;88(6):1716S-1721S. Full text at: http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/content/full/88/6/1716S

Now i understand post workout insuline spike to recover muscles.
    I doubt that you do.

OK What about letting the body to use its storage of fat that i have some on my ABS.

If I feed my muscles with carbohydrate immediately after workout does that let the fat storage as it is ?
    do you know what is the best way to get rid of fat without losing muscles? letting my body starving for carbs would make me lose muscles before losing fat !!!
    so what is the right way to get rid of fat without losing muscles?
    I honestly don't understand what you are asking, so I will only comment that fat loss results from a chronic caloric deficit. Losing fat without losing muscle is about creating a realistic caloric deficit while keeping amino/protein levels adequate. Seeing your abs is all about losing fat, not ingesting some perceived magical properties of honey.

honey probolis and bee pollen are immune system boosters

Thanks "snorkelman" for the welcoming, still dont know what troll means but i am just a guy who trying to communicate virtually with other body builders on this planet over internet.

I dont want to debate more about honey.
    but let me once again try to present what i know:
    Sugar is just sucrose.
    Honey is:
    - Water 17 %
    - Fructose
    - glucose
    - saccharide
    - Disaccharide
    - higher saccharide
    Org acids:
    - Glukonsaeurre
    - citric acid
    - malic acid
    - succinic acid
    - formic acid
    Enzymes:
    - Invertase
    - diastase
    - katalase
    - Phosphatase
    - Inhibine (possess antibiotic effect)
    as well as...
    - flavour materials
    - vitamine
    Mineral materials
    before all potassium salts
    + about 5% unknown ingredients that science still working to discover its roles.

diabetic people can get worse by eating sugar while they safely can use organic honey instead.

Note: oraganic honey = honey of bees feeded on herbs not on sugar.
    what i know and read about is honey is healthy food, Nigella Sativa honey or black seed honey support immune system.
    and it is diferent when bees feed on salvia, saliva honey supports digestive system.
    Polychaetes honey has diferent properties too. etc.
    it is what bees feed on then you get extract of the herbs.
    bee pollen is a great food too. and dont forget the probolis.

Originally Posted by snorkelman View Post
    not ingesting some perceived magical properties of honey.
    No one here said that honey is for losing fat.
    so i dont know where did u get that idea from.

people asked about it as simple carb after workout and some asked if it is better than sugar.

If I feed my muscles with carbohydrate immediately after workout does that let the fat storage as it is ?
    do you know what is the best way to get rid of fat without losing muscles? letting my body starving for carbs would make me lose muscles before losing fat !!!
    so what is the right way to get rid of fat without losing muscles?
    in another words,
    if we dont get simple carbs immediately after workout, is our body going to use our storage of fat instead ??? or it is just going to break muscle cells and feed on it.

at what point the body uses its fat storage instead of breaking muscles when 0 carbs is reached ???

I will try to read about it and get some answers.

Ecnewyx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ecnewyx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ecnewyx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ecnewyx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ecnewyx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ecnewyx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ecnewyx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ecnewyx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ecnewyx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ecnewyx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ecnewyx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thanks "snorkelman" for the welcoming, still dont know what troll means but i am just a guy who trying to communicate virtually with other body builders on this planet over internet.

I dont want to debate more about honey.
    but let me once again try to present what i know:
    Sugar is just sucrose.
    It might help your understanding if you look up what "sucrose" is.
    ~ Never Having Kids So Can Save Up For a 4K TV and a PLP Computer Setup Crew ~

Daio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daio will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    a bit off topic I know, but COLD EXTRACTED honey contains much more nutrition than the regular stuff which has been heat treated!
    :)

jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Daio View Post
    a bit off topic I know, but COLD EXTRACTED honey contains much more nutrition than the regular stuff which has been heat treated!
    Supply the data on that.
    KettleBURN Fitness and Personal Training
    CrossFit Level 1 Trainer (CF-L1)

zao712 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zao712 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zao712 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zao712 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zao712 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zao712 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zao712 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zao712 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zao712 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zao712 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zao712 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    [QUOTE=zao712;709709121][QUOTE=snorkelman;463201491]
    Yes, even fat can be part of the post workout meal. If you don't believe me, take a look at this study:

[/QUOTE

Don't you mean an essential part of a post WO meal?? I drink oils before and after workouts, as well as throughout the day always. I don't think one should ever cut out the fats... even some saturated.

IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Strong bump

Drink oils all day???????

AlmostDecent is just really nice. (+1000) AlmostDecent is just really nice. (+1000) AlmostDecent is just really nice. (+1000) AlmostDecent is just really nice. (+1000) AlmostDecent is just really nice. (+1000) AlmostDecent is just really nice. (+1000) AlmostDecent is just really nice. (+1000) AlmostDecent is just really nice. (+1000) AlmostDecent is just really nice. (+1000) AlmostDecent is just really nice. (+1000) AlmostDecent is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by zao712 View Post
    Yes, even fat can be part of the post workout meal. If you don't believe me, take a look at this study:
    Don't you mean an essential part of a post WO meal?? I drink oils before and after workouts, as well as throughout the day always. I don't think one should ever cut out the fats... even some saturated.
    Is there any particular reason you are replying to a 16-month old post?

PWOGasMan is just really nice. (+1000) PWOGasMan is just really nice. (+1000) PWOGasMan is just really nice. (+1000) PWOGasMan is just really nice. (+1000) PWOGasMan is just really nice. (+1000) PWOGasMan is just really nice. (+1000) PWOGasMan is just really nice. (+1000) PWOGasMan is just really nice. (+1000) PWOGasMan is just really nice. (+1000) PWOGasMan is just really nice. (+1000) PWOGasMan is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by zao712 View Post

[/QUOTE

tempted....

you can't even quote right.

Sunneh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Honey lacks protein and fat. It will have no problem entering your bloodstream and being absorbed in a fast manner.

polskipolak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) polskipolak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) polskipolak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) polskipolak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) polskipolak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) polskipolak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) polskipolak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) polskipolak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) polskipolak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) polskipolak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) polskipolak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Kabs View Post
    Ok so i did a search and I have been getting mixed info on honey. Does it infact cause an insulin spike?

Im lookin at a jar of it right now and it says in 100g of honey (yes alot) there are 79.5g of carbs.

Reason I ask is im trying to lower the amount of sugar intake (in coffee, tea, etc.) I heard great things about honey, how its healthy, bla bla bla.

Then I read here in a few posts that honey is great to take post workout to spike insulin levels, however google is tellin me it does not.

So can anyone who KNOWS for 100% please chime in and clear this up for me. Thanks.
    im guessing that u want to spike ur insulin without using dextrose/malto?? honey has a pretty low GI level i would recommend dates, they have a GI of around 100 i believe, close to dextrose/malto. (someone correct me if im wrong)

polskipolak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) polskipolak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) polskipolak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) polskipolak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) polskipolak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) polskipolak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) polskipolak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) polskipolak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) polskipolak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) polskipolak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) polskipolak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    My uncel has diabetic, he uses honey with no side effects.
    tell your doctor and see what he would say.
    dont ask a doctor ask a nutritionist... as far as diabetes nutrition a doctor will probably be able to answer u but i would not ask a doctor anything about nutrition.

[QUOTE=zao712;709711351][QUOTE=zao712;709709121]

[/QUOTE

i agree, anything less than 15% of ur cals coming from fat is going to hinder ur gains (also anything over 25%), and coconut fat is very good for u and is infact saturated, also whole milk is great. but i like to stick with monounsaturated and poly fats just cause i have a bit of a slower metabolism

IFBB Amateur, M. Physique ArchangelEST's Avatar
    ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by polskipolak View Post
    im guessing that u want to spike ur insulin without using dextrose/malto?? honey has a pretty low GI level i would recommend dates, they have a GI of around 100 i believe, close to dextrose/malto. (someone correct me if im wrong)
    Strong bump..

And why the hell would this "spiking" be relevant anyway. GI is pretty much a worthless concept to all but the few selected individuals with certain medical issues or to those who practice very specific sports training.

Originally Posted by polskipolak View Post

i agree, anything less than 15% of ur cals coming from fat is going to hinder ur gains (also anything over 25%), and coconut fat is very good for u and is infact saturated, also whole milk is great. but i like to stick with monounsaturated and poly fats just cause i have a bit of a slower metabolism
    What? I eat more than 50% of my daily calories from fat. Don't really see how that's holding me back. I agree about dropping those levels too low, but percentages are just about as worthless as GI.
    Owner of:

www.Aspartame-Research.com
    www.MayfieldFitness.net

Author of:

Flexible Dieting Handbook: How To Lose Weight by Eating What You Want - an Amazon Bestseller

"The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn. "

― Alvin Toffler

ercangur has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ercangur has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ercangur has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ercangur has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ercangur has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ercangur has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ercangur has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ercangur has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ercangur has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ercangur has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ercangur has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    a typical natural honey consists of: all types of sugar , % 17 water, % 7 " fe, na,,sulfure, mg, phosphore, polen, manganezum, al, siver, albumin, dekstriel, azot, proteins, some acids... the quality of the sugar is proportional mostly with this % 7 section...

however, the task is pure honey ,and it is hard to evaluate which is in the shops offered?...

furthermore, one important point is that: " honey is much more healthy for the digsetion, stomach than simple sugar...

if you drink lots of coffee with sugar, you can use honey instead of sugar..it prevents "some digestion problems "...

***however, the diabetic people must be not use it so much since it has "sugar types "...kindly remind : "there are many diabetic types,levels ...honey may not be damegeful in a -daibetic perosm so much, but may kill the "b-person" easily...)
    Last edited by ercangur; 09-23-2011 at 01:05 AM.

Beastmode1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Nope the GI and form of sugar is very different that of refined + honey contains loads of great enzymes vitamin b's etc and unless refined sugar doesnt contain toxins that are bad for your health, ive cut all wheat and refined sugar foods out of my diet eats laod of honey and over 6 weeks cut from 11% stomache fat to about 6%