Conner. is on a distinguished road. (+10) Conner. is on a distinguished road. (+10) Conner. is on a distinguished road. (+10) Conner. is on a distinguished road. (+10) Conner. is on a distinguished road. (+10) Conner. is on a distinguished road. (+10) Conner. is on a distinguished road. (+10) Conner. is on a distinguished road. (+10) Conner. is on a distinguished road. (+10) Conner. is on a distinguished road. (+10) Conner. is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Which muscles should I train together?

I have been searching the forums and there are so many different opinions on which different muscles you should train together in a workout.

Currently I tend to do:

Monday: Chest + Tris

Tuesday: Shoulders + Biceps + Traps

Wednesday: Legs + Abs

Thursday: Chest + Tris

Friday: Back + Shoulders

Saturday: Rest, but I sometimes just do some curls at home.

Sunday: Rest

Before christmas I was working out for a solid 2 months then I kinda lost interest after christmas, but I have been back to consistently training for the past 3 weeks and am much more determined. Any help on which muscles should be trained together for maximum results would be very appreciated.

Thanks

Inertiatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Inertiatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Inertiatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Inertiatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Inertiatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Inertiatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Inertiatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Inertiatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Inertiatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Inertiatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Inertiatic will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Chances are, if you need to ask this question, you shouldn't be on a split like that.

If you want to do a simpler split, just do push / pull / legs.

braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000)
    What youve got now is all over the place.

Chest/Tris/Shoulders

Back/Bis

Legs/Abs I would alternate between Ab And Oblique work each workout.

And Traps are part of your back...

bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    My template is basically this ( alternating between max effort and dynamic effort ):

Day1: Bench and accessories
    Day2: Squat/Deadlift (alternate) and accessories

It's so much easier than worrying about what to group together.
    Qualifying for long drive contest with 328 yard drive
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKrGuFlqhaA

2017 Utah State Longest drive. This one went 328 and got me into finals
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx-_3HrZzI4

2017 Rockwell challenge. 325 yards
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeuB2rPMcBA

Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I don't think that you yet need to be doing a split like you are. Instead, here are two options that will work great for you:

Option A
    Sunday Off
    Monday Chest, Shoulders, Triceps, Biceps, Abs
    Tuesday Back, Quads, Hamstrings, Calves
    Wednesday Off
    Thursday Chest, Shoulders, Triceps, Biceps, Abs
    Friday Tuesday Back, Quads, Hamstrings, Calves
    Saturday Off
    Sunday Off

Option B
    Sunday Off
    Monday Chest, Shoulders, Triceps, Abs
    Tuesday Back and Biceps
    Wednesday Off
    Thursday Legs
    Friday Chest, Shoulders, Triceps, Abs
    Saturday Off
    Sunday Off
    Monday Back and Biceps
    Tuesday Legs
    and so on...

These will give you FAR more recovery and, thus, lead to more size and strength gains.

Best,
    Dr Clay Hyght, DC, CSCS, CISSN
    www.DrClay.com

www.Labrada.com

Labrada Nutrition: "The Most Trusted Name in Sports Nutrition!"

The above is for informational purposes only and is not meant to be used as medical advice. Always consult your doctor prior to beginning any new diet, supplementation, or exercise program.

ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Exclamation

Originally Posted by bigtallox View Post
    My template is basically this ( alternating between max effort and dynamic effort ):

Day1: Bench and accessories
    Day2: Squat/Deadlift (alternate) and accessories

It's so much easier than worrying about what to group together.
    I've read a few of your posts over the last few days now (and my forehead has the bruises to show for it).

Most people on a bodybuilding site are not powerlifters. You keep trying to inject or push your own agenda onto everyone else when most here do not have the same goals. You should cut that sh*t out.
    Who was this love of yours?

matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ThickAsABrick View Post
    I've read a few of your posts over the last few days now (and my forehead has the bruises to show for it).

Most people on a bodybuilding site are not powerlifters. You keep trying to inject or push your own agenda onto everyone else when most here do not have the same goals. You should cut that sh*t out.
    Just because they're not powerlifters doesn't mean that the same techniques/training methods can't be applied for other goals.

As for the OP's question, you should do a push/pull/legs split, thereby putting each of the big three lifts on its own day as well as grouping together all muscles that work together.
    Strength + Speed = Power

If you never fail, you aren't truly pushing yourself to the limit. If you never push yourself to the limit, how do you know what you're truly capable of?

BigJohnny999 is a name known to all. (+5000) BigJohnny999 is a name known to all. (+5000) BigJohnny999 is a name known to all. (+5000) BigJohnny999 is a name known to all. (+5000) BigJohnny999 is a name known to all. (+5000) BigJohnny999 is a name known to all. (+5000) BigJohnny999 is a name known to all. (+5000) BigJohnny999 is a name known to all. (+5000) BigJohnny999 is a name known to all. (+5000) BigJohnny999 is a name known to all. (+5000) BigJohnny999 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Dr Clay View Post

Option B
    Sunday Off
    Monday Chest, Shoulders, Triceps, Abs
    Tuesday Back and Biceps
    Wednesday Off
    Thursday Legs
    Friday Chest, Shoulders, Triceps, Abs
    Saturday Off
    Sunday Off
    Monday Back and Biceps
    Tuesday Legs
    and so on...
    This one is pretty good IMO. I prefer three days on and one day off though.

This is my current split, and It's also my favorite out of all the splits I've done.
    Workout 1- Legs/Core
    Workout 2-Chest/Shoulders/Triceps
    Workout 3- Back/Traps/Biceps
    Rest Day

I use this split when I am cutting/maintaining. When I'm bulking or focusing on improving lifts I only do each muscle group one time per week.
    "When the apocalypse comes, there's gonna be nothing but smoke and dust. All you granola eating, nonsmoking motherf*ckers are gonna be coughing, wheezing, and whining while I take over what's left. "

"You could leg press, but that's gay" -Mark Rippetoe

ranger6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Conner. View Post
    I have been searching the forums and there are so many different opinions on which different muscles you should train together in a workout.

Currently I tend to do:

Monday: Chest + Tris

Tuesday: Shoulders + Biceps + Traps

Wednesday: Legs + Abs

Thursday: Chest + Tris

Friday: Back + Shoulders

Saturday: Rest, but I sometimes just do some curls at home.

Sunday: Rest

Before christmas I was working out for a solid 2 months then I kinda lost interest after christmas, but I have been back to consistently training for the past 3 weeks and am much more determined. Any help on which muscles should be trained together for maximum results would be very appreciated.

Thanks
    Connor, the reason you see so many different workout plans is because you see so many different body types and metabolisms. What works for some doesn't work for others. The best you can do is read for info, then go and try what's being suggested. Take notes on how it worked then adjust as neccessary or try something totally different. My workout plan is as follows...

Monday- chest ONLY! it's a huge muscle and deserves your total attention
    Tuesday-Arms (both bi's and tri's)
    Wednesday-Legs
    Thursday-Shoulders and cardio
    Friday-Back by itself. another large muscle/group. needs it's own day

slide in abs everyday.

Like I said that's just for me. everyone is different!!!
    While your sitting down watching T.V. someone is at the gym getting bigger and stronger than you! -RLTW