Thread: i bodybuilder

IWorked4It is on a distinguished road. (+10) IWorked4It is on a distinguished road. (+10) IWorked4It is on a distinguished road. (+10) IWorked4It is on a distinguished road. (+10) IWorked4It is on a distinguished road. (+10) IWorked4It is on a distinguished road. (+10) IWorked4It is on a distinguished road. (+10) IWorked4It is on a distinguished road. (+10) IWorked4It is on a distinguished road. (+10) IWorked4It is on a distinguished road. (+10) IWorked4It is on a distinguished road. (+10)

i bodybuilder

anyone doing this program? im talking about the one of tnation. i was thinking of doing 2 weeks of each phase but i wanted to know hot to get the max results. many ppl say that it's only going to work because of the supplement they are selling.

link to prograrm :http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_p...oulders/monday

IWorked4It is on a distinguished road. (+10) IWorked4It is on a distinguished road. (+10) IWorked4It is on a distinguished road. (+10) IWorked4It is on a distinguished road. (+10) IWorked4It is on a distinguished road. (+10) IWorked4It is on a distinguished road. (+10) IWorked4It is on a distinguished road. (+10) IWorked4It is on a distinguished road. (+10) IWorked4It is on a distinguished road. (+10) IWorked4It is on a distinguished road. (+10) IWorked4It is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    anyone?

MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    God, I hope no one here will fall for that. But, we'll see........

NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    ...it has been repeatedly said by Christian Thibadaeau that if you just blindly follow the program you will miss the point completely. It is not about following a specific rep (well kinda) scheme or indeed specific exercises, the whole idea centres around proper execution of reps, and proper control of when to do more or less in a workout to maximise the effectiveness of your current workouts. There is nothing new about what he is suggesting.

I have taken some of the principles he talks about and applied them to my own training with good results, I don't follow his workout and I don't use a single supplement that they do because I simply could not afford them.

So for anyone out there bashing the thing before

a) properly understanding it
    and
    b) actually giving some it a fair trail

I would advise you to duely pipe down.

Originally Posted by NIguy View Post
    ...it has been repeatedly said by Christian Thibadaeau that if you just blindly follow the program you will miss the point completely. It is not about following a specific rep (well kinda) scheme or indeed specific exercises, the whole idea centres around proper execution of reps, and proper control of when to do more or less in a workout to maximise the effectiveness of your current workouts. There is nothing new about what he is suggesting.

I have taken some of the principles he talks about and applied them to my own training with good results, I don't follow his workout and I don't use a single supplement that they do because I simply could not afford them.

and

so u took some points from it, but dont directly follow the program right? just looking for something new because im gonna do something other then 5x5 and ws4sb3

cmc0108 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmc0108 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmc0108 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmc0108 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmc0108 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmc0108 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmc0108 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmc0108 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmc0108 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmc0108 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmc0108 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by MDPower75 View Post
    God, I hope no one here will fall for that. But, we'll see........

this... CT actually knows what he is talking about but after reading a few pages into this, you basically get to a part that says that you will not succeed if you dont use their anaconda supplement...then a few pages later you read that the "manufacturer cost" is $90.00/Bottle...this means that the consumer cost will be about $110(minimum). surely just a giant ploy to sell an overpriced supplement.

MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

and

If Chef Paul Proudhomme told you that the best thing in the world to eat was a sh!t sandwich would you have to try it in order to understand that he was full of sh!t?

"It cost me ten dollars to make this sh!t sandwich but I'm selling it to you for $8!"

"My twelve year old son tried the sh!t sandwich and woke up with a full beard."
    Last edited by MDPower75; 03-11-2010 at 08:25 AM.

NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ButtersSC View Post
    so u took some points from it, but dont directly follow the program right? just looking for something new because im gonna do something other then 5x5 and ws4sb3
    Yes, I don't follow the routine actual workouts as in exercises, sets, number of reps etc.

Originally Posted by cmc0108 View Post
    this... CT actually knows what he is talking about but after reading a few pages into this, you basically get to a part that says that you will not succeed if you dont use their anaconda supplement...then a few pages later you read that the "manufacturer cost" is $90.00/Bottle...this means that the consumer cost will be about $110(minimum). surely just a giant ploy to sell an overpriced supplement.
    ...you must not have read the inns and outs of the program, because if you had they said that you will make good gains but not nearly as well as if you would on the protocol - which btw are ridiculously expensive. I don't care about the supplements they sell, so I am only commenting on what CT wrote about, which btw he will say is not NEW.

Originally Posted by MDPower75 View Post
    If Chef Paul Proudhomme told you that the best thing in the world to eat was a sh!t sandwich would you have to try to understand that he was full of sh!t?

"It cost me ten dollars to make this sh!t sandwich but I'm selling it to you for $8!"

"My twelve year old son tried the sh!t sandwich and woke up with a full beard."
    I would actually listen to you if you made a relevant point, but you haven't. Why would I listen to you when you don't have any experience of what you are taking about. I took some of the principles CT talked about, which are discussed briefly in I bodybuilder, and in numerous non I bodybuilder articles on his forum, applied them and observed good results without any of the expensive **** they are selling. Since I have no proof that you indeed actually workout why should I listen to you and your ridiculous anecdotes.
    Last edited by NIguy; 03-11-2010 at 07:30 AM.

Yes, I don't follow the routine actual workouts as in exercises, sets, number of reps etc.

Why would I listen to you when you don't have any experience of what you are taking about. ..... Since I have no proof that you indeed actually workout why should I listen to you and your ridiculous anecdotes.
    Best of luck.

Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    If you're advanced enough to be able to extract principles of the iBodybuilder program and incorporate them into your own program, awesome!

However, most people have no idea how to do this and will end up with a botched program that doesn't work. It's kind of like building a PC. You can buy one that already works together, or you can build it yourself and save money...but you REALLY have to know what you're doing or you won't have a working PC, instead you'll end up with a fire hazard!

Point being, if you're in doubt at all, then just do the program as it's laid out.

Will it work without supplements? Sure. Again, if you put your thinking cap on you can figure out how to implement the intelligent use of para-workout supplements without purchasing the entire program.

But nutrition ALWAYS plays a role in ANY training program - this one is no different...it takes bricks to build houses and it takes nutrients to build muscle.

Best,
    Dr Clay Hyght, DC, CSCS, CISSN
    www.DrClay.com

www.Labrada.com

Labrada Nutrition: "The Most Trusted Name in Sports Nutrition!"

The above is for informational purposes only and is not meant to be used as medical advice. Always consult your doctor prior to beginning any new diet, supplementation, or exercise program.

Originally Posted by Dr Clay View Post
    If you're advanced enough to be able to extract principles of the iBodybuilder program and incorporate them into your own program, awesome!

However, most people have no idea how to do this and will end up with a botched program that doesn't work. It's kind of like building a PC. You can buy one that already works together, or you can build it yourself and save money...but you REALLY have to know what you're doing or you won't have a working PC, instead you'll end up with a fire hazard!
    ...yep, they do after all repeatedly say that the what they suggest won't nearly as well for inexperienced lifters.

jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ButtersSC View Post
    anyone doing this program? im talking about the one of tnation. i was thinking of doing 2 weeks of each phase but i wanted to know hot to get the max results. many ppl say that it's only going to work because of the supplement they are selling.

link to prograrm :http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_p...oulders/monday
    I think you got the above a bit confused.

I Bodybuilder is designed to sell those supplements to the gullible. Doesn't mean that the hyped program works with the supplements, or works at all. There's one born every minute, as they say. I think that is a serious underestimate.

Any program that wants you to buy supplements to "make it work", should make you smell a really stinky rat.

swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Quick bump to see if anyone has tried the routine. I'd never spend the money on their supplement protocal. But as far as the actual workout routine go - anyone try it? Just curious what gains, if any, people have gotten. The workout logs being made on t-nation make it seem like it's working for them, but I consider most everything on that site bias since that's where the routine came from.
    STAND TALL AND SHAKE THE HEAVENS!!

"Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own." - 1 Corinthians 6:19

▪█─-─█▪ Equipment Crew #71 ▪█─-─█▪
    []---[] York Barbell Club #32 []---[]
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #66 []---[]
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #6 ||---||

leBUFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) leBUFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) leBUFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) leBUFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) leBUFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) leBUFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) leBUFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) leBUFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) leBUFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) leBUFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) leBUFF is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by swimmer32 View Post
    Quick bump to see if anyone has tried the routine. I'd never spend the money on their supplement protocal. But as far as the actual workout routine go - anyone try it? Just curious what gains, if any, people have gotten. The workout logs being made on t-nation make it seem like it's working for them, but I consider most everything on that site bias since that's where the routine came from.
    bump, im interested aswell, in the program itself, not the supps
    bench 280

deadlift 485

@181 BW

StevenNevets is just really nice. (+1000) StevenNevets is just really nice. (+1000) StevenNevets is just really nice. (+1000) StevenNevets is just really nice. (+1000) StevenNevets is just really nice. (+1000) StevenNevets is just really nice. (+1000) StevenNevets is just really nice. (+1000) StevenNevets is just really nice. (+1000) StevenNevets is just really nice. (+1000) StevenNevets is just really nice. (+1000) StevenNevets is just really nice. (+1000)
    I remember this article, made me lol

SumDumGoi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SumDumGoi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SumDumGoi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SumDumGoi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SumDumGoi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SumDumGoi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SumDumGoi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SumDumGoi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SumDumGoi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SumDumGoi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SumDumGoi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I would actually listen to you if you made a relevant point, but you haven't. Why would I listen to you when you don't have any experience of what you are taking about. I took some of the principles CT talked about, which are discussed briefly in I bodybuilder, and in numerous non I bodybuilder articles on his forum, applied them and observed good results without any of the expensive **** they are selling. Since I have no proof that you indeed actually workout why should I listen to you and your ridiculous anecdotes.
    What are these principles that you took from the program and employed into your own workout? When the program is sold as being part of a "black ops" bodybuilding project and blatantly pushing supplements on people I would hope that these principles go beyond the traditional strength training methodologies that have been used over the past 100 years.