Thread: Hormones

beabea87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) beabea87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) beabea87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) beabea87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) beabea87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) beabea87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) beabea87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) beabea87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) beabea87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) beabea87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) beabea87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Hormones

Hi there, I was just wondering if any one has similar issue to me or can offer any advice. I have trained intensely for about a year, I lost 8 kg (17.6pounds) relatively fast- 6 weeks Jan 2011, thru running twice a day (30-45 minutes), and resistance training 6 times( too much I know) and strict diet- very limited fat and CHO. I used supplements also, Hydroxycut hardcore, preworkout supp and Post workout protein. I stopped taking hydroxycut after 12-16 weeks( can't remember) and restarted after a few weeks. I haven't menstruated since January this year just after I lost the weight and during the time I was taking hydroxycut- not sure if it's related. In the recent two months I have added more good fats to my diet, but nothing has happened yet, today I saw a naturopath who gave me some flaxseed oil- I thought flaxseeds were ok but they aren't as good apparently. I am not so much concerned with fertility as I don't wish to have kids but I do want to feel normal again, i feel fairly tired all the time have little sex drive, but not sure if thats because I train intensely still. Many people have told me to have time off training but I really do struggle with that as I was fairly large most of my life and exercise is really addictive and I love looking really lean with really low % body fat , the naturopath told me also i will gain weight and calm the exercise back but have to in order to regulate my hormones. She told me to have full eggs rather than egg whites alone ( this freaks me out) I dont wanna get fat. I would love to remain the same weight or even get lighter than I am now but I dont think it's possible. Let me know your thoughts. Bea

bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'd talk to a counselor or psychologist. Sounds like you are toeing the line of an ed. You need more calories and fats. Not wanting to have kids is not an ok reason to allow your body to be out of whack. There are SO many more consequences that you could be facing.

You can eat and exercise in moderation AND achieve the body you want. Look at all the women on this site. Do it right. Take care of yourself.
    I'm small but mighty.

DIABLO123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DIABLO123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DIABLO123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DIABLO123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DIABLO123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DIABLO123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DIABLO123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DIABLO123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DIABLO123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DIABLO123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DIABLO123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You need to put some some weight on simple as that, so less exercise or eat more it's your choice.
    R.I.P. The Son of Zeus, Brother of Hercules, and the Father of Aesthetics.

beabea87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) beabea87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) beabea87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) beabea87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) beabea87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) beabea87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) beabea87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) beabea87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) beabea87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) beabea87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) beabea87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by bethtwenty4 View Post
    I'd talk to a counselor or psychologist. Sounds like you are toeing the line of an ed. You need more calories and fats. Not wanting to have kids is not an ok reason to allow your body to be out of whack. There are SO many more consequences that you could be facing.

You can eat and exercise in moderation AND achieve the body you want. Look at all the women on this site. Do it right. Take care of yourself.
    Thanks I think i need an ass whipping, I am obsessed but It is hard to get out of the mentality, I just never want to be fat again!

Originally Posted by DIABLO123 View Post
    You need to put some some weight on simple as that, so less exercise or eat more it's your choice.
    Thanks for the advice

oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You've got a serious problem.

Too many supplements, too much cardio, too much weightlifting, not enough calories.

Too much of anything is... TOO MUCH.

At your pace, you will likely NOT have a period, you will likely stay tired, you probably lose strength, you may start to get colds more often, experience more body aches, have difficulty sleeping, etc.

Your problems are mental. You either need to get a grip on reality or you're going to drive yourself to poor health and an eating disorder.

You need to be eating just slightly below maintenance to lose weight - about a 250 calorie per day deficit. You don't want to lose more than a kg per month or you're going to lose muscle. You should eat around 120-145g of protein and at least 50g of fat...the rest of your calories should come from carbs. I don't know what your current weight is - your profile says 64lbs. Is it 64kg? Since you don't outline exactly what/how much you're eating, I'm just guessing that you're starving yourself and not getting enough of anything you need.

Don't you know that if you starve yourself and work out so much, your muscles don't have the time or resources to repair? So you're constantly tearing down your body with no chance to build back up.

You shouldn't be lifting more than 3 times a week (preferably full body) and you shouldn't be doing more than 2 or 3 sessions of cardio.
    "Start where you are. It's never too late to change your life."

oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by beabea87 View Post
    Thanks I think i need an ass whipping, I am obsessed but It is hard to get out of the mentality, I just never want to be fat again!
    I understand this mentality. Last year I wanted to lose weight - pretty much at any cost. I did tons of cardio, ate very little, ate "clean", avoided carbs, etc. Obsessed over every bite. Felt extreme guilt if I "cheated", punished myself with more cardio and less food. Guess what? I lost the weight! Like...all my muscle. Still had the same amount of fat after months of starving myself. I had to start over this year - eating above maintenance, lifting heavy weights.

When it came time for me to diet, my goal is to lose 1/3 - 1/2 lb per week. SLOW. I worked really hard this year to build back that muscle and I don't want to lose it. This time, I eat carbs, sugar, bread, pasta, beer, chocolate. Everything I told myself I couldn't have before. I don't starve. And I'm not obsessing... It's so much better! And who cares if it takes me a year or so to make my transformation?

The most important thing is that we are happy and healthy (mentally and physically).
    "Start where you are. It's never too late to change your life."

thanks oregonchick76

I feel i am very much at the point you were with obsessing! I dont starve my self but do deprive myself and understand i overtrain! i would tell someone that was carrying on like me that they should get a grip but i just cant seem to make the change! I just never want to go back to being fat. thanks for sharing - reassuring

Originally Posted by oregonchick76 View Post
    I understand this mentality. Last year I wanted to lose weight - pretty much at any cost. I did tons of cardio, ate very little, ate "clean", avoided carbs, etc. Obsessed over every bite. Felt extreme guilt if I "cheated", punished myself with more cardio and less food. Guess what? I lost the weight! Like...all my muscle. Still had the same amount of fat after months of starving myself. I had to start over this year - eating above maintenance, lifting heavy weights.

When it came time for me to diet, my goal is to lose 1/3 - 1/2 lb per week. SLOW. I worked really hard this year to build back that muscle and I don't want to lose it. This time, I eat carbs, sugar, bread, pasta, beer, chocolate. Everything I told myself I couldn't have before. I don't starve. And I'm not obsessing... It's so much better! And who cares if it takes me a year or so to make my transformation?

The most important thing is that we are happy and healthy (mentally and physically).

Registered User Dazzling Danielle's Avatar
    Dazzling Danielle is just really nice. (+1000) Dazzling Danielle is just really nice. (+1000) Dazzling Danielle is just really nice. (+1000) Dazzling Danielle is just really nice. (+1000) Dazzling Danielle is just really nice. (+1000) Dazzling Danielle is just really nice. (+1000) Dazzling Danielle is just really nice. (+1000) Dazzling Danielle is just really nice. (+1000) Dazzling Danielle is just really nice. (+1000) Dazzling Danielle is just really nice. (+1000) Dazzling Danielle is just really nice. (+1000)
    Good Luck with everything! Sounds like everyone has given some good advice!