Kettlechaser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Looking for a personal trainer..

Hey guys, I'm looking for a personal trainer. I googled up some in my area but I think most of them are phonies/scammers, I was wondering what I should look for in a personal trainer? And I see a lot of people are doing online personal training, again this seems a bit fishy to me, can anyone tell me how it works? Are online personal trainers reliable? If so, can you link me trusted personal trainers website's etc

And what are the average fee's for a workout/nutrition for 10 weeks or so? Thanks

ironhead_88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironhead_88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironhead_88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironhead_88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironhead_88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironhead_88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironhead_88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironhead_88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironhead_88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironhead_88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironhead_88 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Kettlechaser View Post
    Hey guys, I'm looking for a personal trainer. I googled up some in my area but I think most of them are phonies/scammers, I was wondering what I should look for in a personal trainer? And I see a lot of people are doing online personal training, again this seems a bit fishy to me, can anyone tell me how it works? Are online personal trainers reliable? If so, can you link me trusted personal trainers website's etc

And what are the average fee's for a workout/nutrition for 10 weeks or so? Thanks
    Have you tried to go to your local gym to get a trainer? ask for refrerences (from clients they have trained) ask to see their certificate. interview them like an employer would interview a future employee. look for the right services for you, but know what you want in a trainer and your fiteness goals. where to look? try going to the website of companies that trainers go through to get certified they usually have a link to a page of trainers that got certified through them or just go by your googled searches and just pick the top trainers that catches your eye the most and interview them.... usually trainers set up a free session and an initial meeting to sell themselves (to show what their service will do for you). you can also go through the personal trainer blogs and check out trainers on here and see if you can find trainers in your area and check out their website or profile.
    trainers charge from $40 and up but to come out of your pockets buy sessions which starts out at 3 sessions then goes up and prices are anywhere between $100 and $1,000 and if you want to pay less than that look into group sessions and remember the attention wouldnt be on just you.
    Last edited by ironhead_88; 03-08-2010 at 09:47 PM.

Kettlechaser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ironhead_88 View Post
    Have you tried to go to your local gym to get a trainer? ask for refrerences (from clients they have trained) ask to see their certificate. interview them like an employer would interview a future employee. look for the right services for you, but know what you want in a trainer and your fiteness goals. where to look? try going to the website of companies that trainers go through to get certified they usually have a link to a page of trainers that got certified through them or just go by your googled searches and just pick the top trainers that catches your eye the most and interview them.... usually trainers set up a free session and an initial meeting to sell themselves (to show what their service will do for you). you can also go through the personal trainer blogs and check out trainers on here and see if you can find trainers in your area and check out their website or profile.
    trainers charge from $40 and up but to come out of your pockets buy sessions which starts out at 3 sessions then goes up and prices are anywhere between $100 and $1,000 and if you want to pay less than that look into group sessions and remember the attention wouldnt be on just you.
    Thanks for the info. I trained at YMCA, there were some trainers there but they are horrid.. I ask him questions after question about nutrition, workout etc,

all he says is eat healthy and stick to the same workout for 8 weeks then come see me again, like literally the SAME workout 3 days a week for 8 weeks. (this personal trainers is free, well part of the YMCA monthly membership 'benefits')

Theres are the links I found, do they seem bad or is it just me?

myfit.ca/personal_trainer_profile.asp?id=170&city=Montreal& country=Canada
    myfit.ca/personal_trainer_profile.asp?id=296&city=Montreal& country=Canada
    myfit.ca/personal_trainer_profile.asp?id=209&city=Montreal& country=Canada
    myfit.ca/personal_trainer_profile.asp?id=148&city=Montreal& country=Canada
    davidsiscoe.com

geoff.lu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geoff.lu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geoff.lu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geoff.lu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geoff.lu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geoff.lu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geoff.lu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geoff.lu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geoff.lu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geoff.lu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geoff.lu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    see if anyone you know can refer you their trainer... this is usually the best way to make sure you get someone good.

training rates cost around 50-100 per hr

ironhead_88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironhead_88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironhead_88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironhead_88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironhead_88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironhead_88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironhead_88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironhead_88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironhead_88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironhead_88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironhead_88 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks for the info. I trained at YMCA, there were some trainers there but they are horrid.. I ask him questions after question about nutrition, workout etc,

all he says is eat healthy and stick to the same workout for 8 weeks then come see me again, like literally the SAME workout 3 days a week for 8 weeks. (this personal trainers is free, well part of the YMCA monthly membership 'benefits')

Theres are the links I found, do they seem bad or is it just me?

myfit.ca/personal_trainer_profile.asp?id=170&city=Montreal& country=Canada
    myfit.ca/personal_trainer_profile.asp?id=296&city=Montreal& country=Canada
    myfit.ca/personal_trainer_profile.asp?id=209&city=Montreal& country=Canada
    myfit.ca/personal_trainer_profile.asp?id=148&city=Montreal& country=Canada
    davidsiscoe.com
    I dont like the websites because to me it seems like a place where people send their junk mail i mean info is all over the place and you cant even get a decent bio that will give you the info that your looking for to choose your tainer. there are some good things about the site its just to cluttered for me and i know its not easy for people to find what they are looking for but it works for some people and not so well with others, if its not good to you then move on and try to find another site.

zalesguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zalesguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zalesguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zalesguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zalesguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zalesguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zalesguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zalesguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zalesguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zalesguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zalesguy is on a distinguished road. (+10)

You are better off going down to the local clubs and poking around because the good trainers are managing, work at, or own a club (studio). The others who are floating around doing home training and don't really have a home are that way because they couldn't make it in the industry. There may be a good reason as to why they couldn't make it, or it could be that they suck.
    Blood DIEmonds are not forever.

Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If you just need plans and dietary try an online trainer it will be less expensive and may get more out of it. PM me if you need more info.
    If you not feeling the burn your not pushing hard enough.
    "Don't talk about it, be about it" MK
    Change, Challenge, Compete

sha11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sha11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sha11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sha11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sha11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sha11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sha11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sha11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sha11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sha11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sha11 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

I offer traditional training (in the Greater Cincinnati area - a bit of a commute for you) and also online fitness and nutrition coaching. My clients have been pleased with their progress while working with me online. PM me for more details if you are interested in learning more.
    The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.

ACE-Certified
    www.catalyst4fitness.com
    twitter@catalyst4fitnes
    www.companies.to/catalyst4fitness/
    online fitness and nutrition coaching, boot camps, and traditional training