Davidthefat is not very helpful. (-500) Davidthefat is not very helpful. (-500) Davidthefat is not very helpful. (-500) Davidthefat is not very helpful. (-500) Davidthefat is not very helpful. (-500) Davidthefat is not very helpful. (-500) Davidthefat is not very helpful. (-500) Davidthefat is not very helpful. (-500) Davidthefat is not very helpful. (-500) Davidthefat is not very helpful. (-500) Davidthefat is not very helpful. (-500)

Double Jointed Shoulder

Ok I figured out why I might be hindered in my progress on my shoulders... My left shoulder is double jointed so when I lock out, sometimes my left shoulder pops out... It doesn't hurt, but I can't bring my arm back down correctly, I have to drop the weight. Also my bench seems a bit crooked... Any way to fix it?

Posted in the T Misc too

edit: shoulder presses are the worst
    Last edited by Davidthefat; 03-08-2010 at 07:23 PM.

khmerpride has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) khmerpride has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) khmerpride has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) khmerpride has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) khmerpride has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) khmerpride has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) khmerpride has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) khmerpride has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) khmerpride has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) khmerpride has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) khmerpride has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Davidthefat View Post
    Ok I figured out why I might be hindered in my progress on my shoulders... My left shoulder is double jointed so when I lock out, sometimes my left shoulder pops out... It doesn't hurt, but I can't bring my arm back down correctly, I have to drop the weight. Also my bench seems a bit crooked... Any way to fix it?

Posted in the T Misc too
    Work on your entire form;
    -comfortable grip for what you want, wide grip or narrow depending on what type of benching you are attempting
    -shoulders blade tucked in
    -keep shoulders tight on bench
    -stick your chest out and make enough little arch on middle back (not too much if you want bodybuilding technique, powerlifters have more arch for power) so a bit of your - middle back is off the bench but keep your upper back and butt to the bench.
    -elbows tucked in a little when going down on the lift
    -bring bar down to lower chest on flat benching or upper chest on inclines

^This way your shoulders won't move and upper back will be driven into the bench and your chest will be doing most of the work on benching.

Davidthefat is not very helpful. (-500) Davidthefat is not very helpful. (-500) Davidthefat is not very helpful. (-500) Davidthefat is not very helpful. (-500) Davidthefat is not very helpful. (-500) Davidthefat is not very helpful. (-500) Davidthefat is not very helpful. (-500) Davidthefat is not very helpful. (-500) Davidthefat is not very helpful. (-500) Davidthefat is not very helpful. (-500) Davidthefat is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by khmerpride View Post
    Work on your entire form;
    -comfortable grip for what you want, wide grip or narrow depending on what type of benching you are attempting
    -shoulders blade tucked in
    -keep shoulders tight on bench
    -stick your chest out and make enough little arch on middle back (not too much if you want bodybuilding technique, powerlifters have more arch for power) so a bit of your - middle back is off the bench but keep your upper back and butt to the bench.
    -elbows tucked in a little when going down on the lift
    -bring bar down to lower chest on flat benching or upper chest on inclines

^This way your shoulders won't move and upper back will be driven into the bench and your chest will be doing most of the work on benching.
    I do that form, but its slightly off because of my left shoulder

khmerpride has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) khmerpride has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) khmerpride has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) khmerpride has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) khmerpride has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) khmerpride has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) khmerpride has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) khmerpride has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) khmerpride has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) khmerpride has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) khmerpride has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Shoulders should be driven into the bench that they never move even when you lockout, if your shoulder gets stuck when you lockout, you can still bench and not lockout and only lockout when you need to rack it.

Originally Posted by khmerpride View Post
    Shoulders should be driven into the bench that they never move even when you lockout, if your shoulder gets stuck when you lockout, you can still bench and not lockout and only lockout when you need to rack it.
    Oh my post was kinda misleading, my shoulder does not pop out on bench, but on shoulder presses. I tend to kind of cringe when lifting heavy so my form gets a bit off on my bench