utupid96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utupid96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utupid96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utupid96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What lifts to do?

I need help improving my 40 yard dash time and vertical jump. As a short DB on the varsity team these are crucial for me to compete at a high level. Can anyone recommend some specific lifts to do to improve these? I squat already but are there any good variations, or anything else? Thanks for the help.
    Maxes:
    Squat: 405lbs
    Bench: 195lbs
    Dead lift: 320lbs

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"

liftnation1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liftnation1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liftnation1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liftnation1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liftnation1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liftnation1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liftnation1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liftnation1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liftnation1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liftnation1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liftnation1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Box Squats, Deadlift Variations (Romanian Deadlifts, Trap Bar Deadlifts), Prowler Pushes, Sled Drags, Uphill Sprints, Bulgarian Split Squats.

are you a one foot jumper or two?

utupid96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utupid96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utupid96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utupid96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by liftnation1 View Post
    Box Squats, Deadlift Variations (Romanian Deadlifts, Trap Bar Deadlifts), Prowler Pushes, Sled Drags, Uphill Sprints, Bulgarian Split Squats.

are you a one foot jumper or two?
    Two foot jumper...isn't that the best? Jumping with one foot just seems awkward and not as powerful
    Maxes:

liftnation1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liftnation1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liftnation1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liftnation1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liftnation1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liftnation1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liftnation1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liftnation1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liftnation1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liftnation1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liftnation1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I wouldn't say its the best but it is a much more powerful and easier jump. A lot can go wrong in a one foot jump. The greatest dunkers ever are two foot jumpers.

However you still should do the bulgarian split squat a lot, work on your single leg strength just as much if not more because it will increase your single leg strength which is probably weak.

ironmaniac508 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ironmaniac508 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ironmaniac508 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ironmaniac508 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ironmaniac508 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ironmaniac508 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ironmaniac508 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ironmaniac508 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ironmaniac508 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ironmaniac508 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ironmaniac508 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If you have access to them...I highly suggest reverse hypers and glute ham raises, in addition to squat and dead variations.

On top of that correcting any postural imbalances and working on glute activation.
    6'4", 215

Obsessed with Latinas

Originally Posted by ironmaniac508 View Post
    If you have access to them...I highly suggest reverse hypers and glute ham raises, in addition to squat and dead variations.
    I've got to be honest I have no clue what those are. Do you have a link or something I could use as a reference?
    Maxes:

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by utupid96 View Post
    I've got to be honest I have no clue what those are. Do you have a link or something I could use as a reference?
    thats only going to be found in specialized gyms, Good exercises though.

Check out WS4SB on Joe Defranco's website or try this link - the creator is a former D1 player and frequent poster around here:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=158412883

Registered User EndLineTraining's Avatar
    EndLineTraining will become famous soon enough. (+50) EndLineTraining will become famous soon enough. (+50) EndLineTraining will become famous soon enough. (+50) EndLineTraining will become famous soon enough. (+50) EndLineTraining will become famous soon enough. (+50) EndLineTraining will become famous soon enough. (+50) EndLineTraining will become famous soon enough. (+50) EndLineTraining will become famous soon enough. (+50) EndLineTraining will become famous soon enough. (+50) EndLineTraining will become famous soon enough. (+50) EndLineTraining will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by DCSpartan View Post
    thats only going to be found in specialized gyms, Good exercises though.

Check out WS4SB on Joe Defranco's website or try this link - the creator is a former D1 player and frequent poster around here:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=158412883
    Easy set up for a reverse hyper and IMO a better variation is a manually resisted reverse hyper which can be done using a tall plyo box or table. Obviously these can be done and are more comfortably done on a rev hyper machine but like you said they aren't found in many gyms. Thanks for sharing the link.
    Here is the box version of the rev hyper. This athlete has extremely strong hamstrings but most really struggle with minimal force being applied. I've barely used my fingers on some female athletes for this drill.
    I don't know how to embed youtube videos so here is the box manually resisted rev hyper.
    http://youtu.be/XIFzg9Blcrc
    If someone knows how to embed videos I'd be much appreciative if they'd PM me the deets.
    For a more comprehensive and better video demo check out James Smith's video explaining the value of the manually resisted reverse hyperextension for power/speed athletes. I had the pleasure of Interning for Juggernaut while James was still around and his knowledge on training athletes is as good as any.
    http://youtu.be/gikFNVeOmXI
    CEO/Head Physical Preparation Coach- End Line Training Systems
    M.S. Kinesiology-Sport Sciences CSU Fullerton
    B.S. Exercise Science, USAW1
    www.endlinetraining.com
    www.********.com/endlinetraining
    Former D1 Football Player
    585 Back Squat
    405 Front Squat
    500 deadlift
    355 bench
    http://endlinetraining.com/2013/12/03/the-best-off-season-ever/
    365x3 Front Squat http://instagram.com/p/n6Fb3tjQsx/

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by EndLineTraining View Post
    If someone knows how to embed videos I'd be much appreciative if they'd PM me the deets.
    Its just video instead of quote.

Here are your clips: