SCH983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SCH983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SCH983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SCH983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SCH983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SCH983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SCH983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SCH983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Any exercises/stretching protocols to help patella alta condition

Basically I got an MRI done after I felt pain in my knee after kicking a bag at kickboxing. Apparently I have a high riding knee cap that tends to track laterally...would squatting and dead lifts along with foam rolling and stretching be a good way to help? My ortho just told me to strengthen my legs and that I can wear a brace and go back to kickboxing. What do you guys recommend?

krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by SCH983 View Post
    Basically I got an MRI done after I felt pain in my knee after kicking a bag at kickboxing. Apparently I have a high riding knee cap that tends to track laterally...would squatting and dead lifts along with foam rolling and stretching be a good way to help? My ortho just told me to strengthen my legs and that I can wear a brace and go back to kickboxing. What do you guys recommend?
    Learn how to tape it for the near future. Learn to squat properly and then squat often. Work on hip and ankle mobility.

Do none of this without checking with your doctor first.