Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    TheBig3 is just really nice. (+1000) TheBig3 is just really nice. (+1000) TheBig3 is just really nice. (+1000) TheBig3 is just really nice. (+1000) TheBig3 is just really nice. (+1000) TheBig3 is just really nice. (+1000) TheBig3 is just really nice. (+1000) TheBig3 is just really nice. (+1000) TheBig3 is just really nice. (+1000) TheBig3 is just really nice. (+1000) TheBig3 is just really nice. (+1000)

QuickMass OR Mutant Mass Ingredients???

I'm looking for a weight gainer to take and don't really know how to chose one based on ingredients. I want one that i can take post workout/morning (so a good amount of whey and carbs) and pre-bed (a good amount of casein)

Two i have been thinking off are QuickMass by AllMax and Mutant Mass by PVL

Here are the ingredients...

QuickMass...

Carb-Plex 160.6g
    5 DE Maltodextrin (135.6g), Fructose (19.9g), Fibersol-2 (Resistant Maltodextrin)(5.1g)

Octa-Pro 61.4g
    Whey Protein Concentrate (44.4g), Whey Protein Isolate (CFM)(5.1g), Micellar Casein (4.7g), Calcium Caseinate (2.9g), Hydrolyzed Whey Protein (2.6g), Egg Albumen (1.3g), Milk Protein Isolate (0.6g), Sodium Caseinate (0.4g)

Omega-Lipid 12.9g
    Enzyme Modified Sunflower Oil Powder (4.9g), Hi-MCT Coconut Oil Powder (4.7g), Medium Chain Triglyceride Powder (2.5g), Borage Oil Powder (Seed)(80mg), Flax Seed Oil Powder (20mg), Clarinol (Conjugated Linoleic Acid Powder)(CLA)(10mg)

Np5 3.6g
    Creatine Monohydrate, Di-Creatine Malate, L-Taurine, Creatine Ethyl Ester Malate, Bromelain (61.2 GDU), Lactase (510 FCC), Cimmulin PF™ (Cinnamon Extract), Amylase (3875 SKB), Protease (7750 HUT), Promilin (Fenugreek Seed Extract)(20% 4-Hydroxyisoleucine, 2mg)

Other Ingredients
    Natural And Artificial Flavors, Corn Syrup Solids, Sodium Aluminosilicate, Mono-And-Di-Glycerides, Red Beet Powder, Di-Potassium Phosphate, Silicon Dioxide, Sugar, Polysorbate 80, Sodium Silicoaluminate, Tetrasodium Pyrophosphate, Soy Lecithin, Sucralose(56 Mg), Acesulfame Potassium(56 Mg)

and Mutant Mass...

Clean-carb preblend (vextrago brand high molecular weight carbohydrate [mw 1,000,000 - 1,200,000; from barley starch], maltodextrin, levulose, corn solids, inulin [from chicory], soy fiber, wheat fiber), isostack10 protein matrix preblend (multi -whey blend [cfm-92 and iso-95 whey protein isolates, wpc-85 and wpc-80 whey protein concentrates, whey-80p {peptides}], milk protein isolate, micellar casein, calcium caseinate, fat free eggplete egg white & fat free egg yolk protein isolates), lipotherm super sport oil preblend (mct [medium chain triglycerides from fractionated coconut oil], cla from sunflower oil, flax seed oil powder, borage oil powder), intrasorb calorie uptake preblend (bio-immumne colostrum [high immunoglobulin, lactoferrin, egg, igf-1 & igf-2], insu-drive complex [alpha lipoic acid, d-pinitol, inositol & 4-hydroxyisoleucine]), vanillin, natural flavours, sucralose, soy lecithin.

Based on vanilla flavour

They are both similar in calories (1000+), carbs, fat, protein. What do you guys think as far as quality and what i'm looking for...

Thanks

TheBig3 is just really nice. (+1000) TheBig3 is just really nice. (+1000) TheBig3 is just really nice. (+1000) TheBig3 is just really nice. (+1000) TheBig3 is just really nice. (+1000) TheBig3 is just really nice. (+1000) TheBig3 is just really nice. (+1000) TheBig3 is just really nice. (+1000) TheBig3 is just really nice. (+1000) TheBig3 is just really nice. (+1000) TheBig3 is just really nice. (+1000)
    bump

jesse_lang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I went into Popeye's ready to buy the Quick Mass, but ended up walking out with a 15lb bag of Mutant Mass. I found that for a similar price and product I would prefer the extra 5 lbs. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the MM has more whey isolate then QM because of the ordering on the label of MM and the fact that QM only has 5g for a 255g serving. They other reason I went with MM was due to the type of carbs, I wanted something with Waxy Maize. Also, there is a small amount of creatine in Quick Mass, so that might sway your decision either way.

2ripp3dup has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2ripp3dup has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2ripp3dup has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2ripp3dup has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2ripp3dup has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2ripp3dup has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2ripp3dup has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2ripp3dup has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2ripp3dup has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2ripp3dup has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2ripp3dup has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    When I'm bulking, I use mutant mass triple chocolate. I've also used quick mass and haven't had any issues with it. I choose mutant mass mainly because its more cost effective than buying quick mass. Some people will argue the profile isn't up to par with other gainers but I see nothing wrong with it.
    "I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." Bruce Lee

SUMMER Stack...

The Blueprint/B.E.T. Stack 8 Week Cycle

FALL Stack...

Anabolic Innovations Swole Stack 8 Week Cycle

MusclePack is not very helpful. (-500) MusclePack is not very helpful. (-500) MusclePack is not very helpful. (-500) MusclePack is not very helpful. (-500) MusclePack is not very helpful. (-500) MusclePack is not very helpful. (-500) MusclePack is not very helpful. (-500) MusclePack is not very helpful. (-500) MusclePack is not very helpful. (-500) MusclePack is not very helpful. (-500) MusclePack is not very helpful. (-500)
    You might be getting 5lbs more of mutant mass, but this is where we can use the saying "you get what you pay for".

Quickmass is actually clinically proven and studied by California State University. Apparently it actually contains clinically proven ingredients. I actually just e-mailed California State to find this study (just an hour ago...eager to hear back). What about Mutant Mass??? I don't see it clinically proven studies etc. because it's cheap junk.

http://www.bodybuildingdungeon.com/f...uick-mass.html

Read the second post to that.

Mutant Mass is just another big bag of **** just like many other supplements.

Personally, I'd go with Quick Mass, or just eat properly.

If you do go with Quick Mass, READ THE DOSEAGE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY!
    Last edited by MusclePack; 03-08-2010 at 04:58 PM.

Originally Posted by jesse_lang View Post
    I went into Popeye's ready to buy the Quick Mass, but ended up walking out with a 15lb bag of Mutant Mass. I found that for a similar price and product I would prefer the extra 5 lbs. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the MM has more whey isolate then QM because of the ordering on the label of MM and the fact that QM only has 5g for a 255g serving. They other reason I went with MM was due to the type of carbs, I wanted something with Waxy Maize. Also, there is a small amount of creatine in Quick Mass, so that might sway your decision either way.
    That's what i was thinking...as far as the ingredients go it looks pretty solid but under $70 for a 15lb bag is pretty close to the cheapest gainer out there so i was second guessing the quality...

Originally Posted by MusclePack View Post
    You might be getting 5lbs more of mutant mass, but this is where we can use the saying "you get what you pay for".

Quickmass is actually clinically proven and studied by California State University. Apparently it actually contains clinically proven ingredients. I actually just e-mailed California State to find this study (just an hour ago...eager to hear back). What about Mutant Mass??? I don't see it clinically proven studies etc. because it's cheap junk.

http://www.bodybuildingdungeon.com/f...uick-mass.html

Read the second post to that.

Mutant Mass is just another big bag of **** just like many other supplements.

Personally, I'd go with Quick Mass, or just eat properly.

If you do go with Quick Mass, READ THE DOSEAGE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY!
    What do you mean READ THE DOSEAGE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY???

MusclePack is not very helpful. (-500) MusclePack is not very helpful. (-500) MusclePack is not very helpful. (-500) MusclePack is not very helpful. (-500) MusclePack is not very helpful. (-500) MusclePack is not very helpful. (-500) MusclePack is not very helpful. (-500) MusclePack is not very helpful. (-500) MusclePack is not very helpful. (-500) MusclePack is not very helpful. (-500) MusclePack is not very helpful. (-500)
    Also

These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
    comming from the bag of Mutant Mass, meaning the FDA hasnt even looked at Mutant Mass to ensure safety of this product!!!

Originally Posted by cgreer View Post
    That's what i was thinking...as far as the ingredients go it looks pretty solid but under $70 for a 15lb bag is pretty close to the cheapest gainer out there so i was second guessing the quality...

What do you mean READ THE DOSEAGE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY???
    Oh, on the tub it says how many scoop to consume when. Considering it contains creatine, i think the first like 3 or 4 days is a loading phase of like 2 scoops 3 times a day and then after that its like 2 scoops 2 times a day. Just look at what it says on the container.

It has a "Recommended Usage" on it.

Also

comming from the bag of Mutant Mass, meaning the FDA hasnt even looked at Mutant Mass to ensure safety of this product!!!
    Ultimate Nutrition, BSN, CytoSport, Optimum Nutrition, Nutrabolics just to name a few brands who sport this on their labels...its hard to find supplements where this is not on the lable

Oh, on the tub it says how many scoop to consume when. Considering it contains creatine, i think the first like 3 or 4 days is a loading phase of like 2 scoops 3 times a day and then after that its like 2 scoops 2 times a day. Just look at what it says on the container.

It has a "Recommended Usage" on it.
    and the container recommends one serving (4 scoops) for breakfast and one serving (4 scoops) post workout for weight gain...1/2 servings it recommends for weight maintenance

Ultimate Nutrition, BSN, CytoSport, Optimum Nutrition, Nutrabolics just to name a few brands who sport this on their labels...its hard to find supplements where this is not on the lable
    All Maxx Nutrition is a decent company. Honestly when thinking of it, our world is ****ed. For one main reason: Money. If you compared an apple/tomato from 50 years ago till now, you are missing half the important values of the product meanwhile it contains more of the bad stuff.

audipotential is a jewel in the rough. (+500) audipotential is a jewel in the rough. (+500) audipotential is a jewel in the rough. (+500) audipotential is a jewel in the rough. (+500) audipotential is a jewel in the rough. (+500) audipotential is a jewel in the rough. (+500) audipotential is a jewel in the rough. (+500) audipotential is a jewel in the rough. (+500) audipotential is a jewel in the rough. (+500) audipotential is a jewel in the rough. (+500) audipotential is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Huh?

In the end Theyre both approximatley 3-1 Ratio Gainers. Quickmass has Creatine, Mutant Mass doesnt. PVL Manufactures, Allmax doesnt.....which may make the PVL Gainer cheaper pound for pound.
    Canadian Supplement Market Guru

I guess i was just a little weary about the quality because of the price...buy hey if you guys say the profile looks good than i'm probably going to go with the mutant mass...why not get an extra 5lbs for the same price

2ripp3dup has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2ripp3dup has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2ripp3dup has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2ripp3dup has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2ripp3dup has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2ripp3dup has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2ripp3dup has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2ripp3dup has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2ripp3dup has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2ripp3dup has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2ripp3dup has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I guess i was just a little weary about the quality because of the price...buy hey if you guys say the profile looks good than i'm probably going to go with the mutant mass...why not get an extra 5lbs for the same price
    Good choice. I think you'll be happy with your purchase. Just because a supplement isn't FDA approved it doesn't mean it's crap. You can bet that alot of the popular brands aren't. I honestly don't care if my choice of supplements are FDA approved or not. My main concern is if their effective and help me with getting results.
    "I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." Bruce Lee

SUMMER Stack...

FALL Stack...

Razorback666 is just really nice. (+1000) Razorback666 is just really nice. (+1000) Razorback666 is just really nice. (+1000) Razorback666 is just really nice. (+1000) Razorback666 is just really nice. (+1000) Razorback666 is just really nice. (+1000) Razorback666 is just really nice. (+1000) Razorback666 is just really nice. (+1000) Razorback666 is just really nice. (+1000) Razorback666 is just really nice. (+1000) Razorback666 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Also

You are a retard, Every single Dietary supplement ever made has this on the bag. The FDA doesn't look at supplements, or review them. Stop trying to sound like a smart guy, when you can't even spell correctly. Negged
    Last edited by Razorback666; 03-08-2010 at 08:34 PM.
    BCABBA Amateur Bodybuilder

Originally Posted by razorback666 View Post
    you are a retard, every single dietary supplement ever made has this on the bag. The fda doesn't look at supplements, or review them. Stop trying to sound like a smart guy, when you can't even spell correctly. Negged
    ^^word!

SUMMER Stack...

FALL Stack...

me987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) me987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) me987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) me987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) me987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) me987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) me987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) me987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) me987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) me987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) me987 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by 2ripp3dup View Post
    When I'm bulking, I use mutant mass triple chocolate. I've also used quick mass and haven't had any issues with it. I choose mutant mass mainly because its more cost effective than buying quick mass. Some people will argue the profile isn't up to par with other gainers but I see nothing wrong with it.
    couldn't agree more. the only thing with mutant mass is, i wouldn't recommend the full serve straight after your workout. split it in half, so half post workout and another half at some other point during the day. and i have to admit i really like the profile of mutant mass, and i didnt notice any negative side effects except stomach cramps from taking the full serve (once i split it i was fine)

Originally Posted by Razorback666 View Post
    You are a retard, Every single Dietary supplement ever made has this on the bag. The FDA doesn't look at supplements, or review them. Stop trying to sound like a smart guy, when you can't even spell correctly. Negged
    ^^ yeah budday!!!
    Last edited by me987; 03-08-2010 at 09:04 PM.

Originally Posted by me987 View Post
    couldn't agree more. the only thing with mutant mass is, i wouldn't recommend the full serve straight after your workout. split it in half, so half post workout and another half at some other point during the day. and i have to admit i really like the profile of mutant mass, and i didnt notice any negative side effects except stomach cramps from taking the full serve (once i split it i was fine)
    That's what I was thinking. I don't think i I could stomach a full serving so I'm probably looking at 1/2 between breakfast and lunch, 1/2 post workout and 1/2 before bed. Should last me over a month (better than the 13 servings of Nutrabolics IsoGainer I shot through at $55 for 5lb and only 691 cal a serving)

Razorback666 is just really nice. (+1000) Razorback666 is just really nice. (+1000) Razorback666 is just really nice. (+1000) Razorback666 is just really nice. (+1000) Razorback666 is just really nice. (+1000) Razorback666 is just really nice. (+1000) Razorback666 is just really nice. (+1000) Razorback666 is just really nice. (+1000) Razorback666 is just really nice. (+1000) Razorback666 is just really nice. (+1000) Razorback666 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Since mutant mass reccomends 4 scoops a day, do what everyone else says.

Take 2 for breakfast/snack or w/e else, and take 2 scoops after your workout.

4 Scoops of weight gainer at once, is just too much to drink down. Its a hell of a lot of stuff to have at one time. Taking it 2 different times worked way better.

Since mutant mass reccomends 4 scoops a day, do what everyone else says.

Take 2 for breakfast/snack or w/e else, and take 2 scoops after your workout.

4 Scoops of weight gainer at once, is just too much to drink down. Its a hell of a lot of stuff to have at one time. Taking it 2 different times worked way better.
    Oh...i know for QuickMass they recommend two but I guess it's all based on personal goals...I will probably start out with one and see how it goes from there

Thanks

S1X is just really nice. (+1000) S1X is just really nice. (+1000) S1X is just really nice. (+1000) S1X is just really nice. (+1000) S1X is just really nice. (+1000) S1X is just really nice. (+1000) S1X is just really nice. (+1000) S1X is just really nice. (+1000) S1X is just really nice. (+1000) S1X is just really nice. (+1000) S1X is just really nice. (+1000)
    No kidding..Mutant Mass is pretty heavy specially when mixed with milk.

When I use mutant mass, I sometimes take half the serving at 2 scoops or 1 scoop servings throughout the day. Works great for people that might have stomach issues at the full or even half servings.

SUMMER Stack...

FALL Stack...

Ya makes sense...I think I'm going to pick up some vanilla today. Just as a side note about ingredients is there anything I should be looking a gainer has in it (like type of carbs) or to avoid?

xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    quickmass mixes great! we had it on tap at the arnold

the thing I love about it, is the label is all broken down. mg per mg you can see how much of each ingredient is in it.
    Type 1 Diabetic - Since age 15
    Luke 1:37 "For NOTHING is impossible with God"

INSTAGRAM: StevenGFH Follow me!

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.
    SCIENCE - INNOVATION - QUALITY - RESULTS
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/all/all.htm

Disclaimer: All forum or bulletin board posts are solely the opinion of myself and do not necessarily reflect the views of ALLMAX

Ya makes sense...I think I'm going to pick up some vanilla today. Just as a side note about ingredients is there anything I should be looking a gainer has in it (like type of carbs) or to avoid?
    I wouldnt suggest the Vanilla, its not very good. The chocolate is solid though.

audipotential is a jewel in the rough. (+500) audipotential is a jewel in the rough. (+500) audipotential is a jewel in the rough. (+500) audipotential is a jewel in the rough. (+500) audipotential is a jewel in the rough. (+500) audipotential is a jewel in the rough. (+500) audipotential is a jewel in the rough. (+500) audipotential is a jewel in the rough. (+500) audipotential is a jewel in the rough. (+500) audipotential is a jewel in the rough. (+500) audipotential is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I wouldnt suggest the Vanilla, its not very good. The chocolate is solid though.
    Yeah seems like the Choc and Straw sell more in Mutant Mass.
    Canadian Supplement Market Guru

Mitch339 is just really nice. (+1000) Mitch339 is just really nice. (+1000) Mitch339 is just really nice. (+1000) Mitch339 is just really nice. (+1000) Mitch339 is just really nice. (+1000) Mitch339 is just really nice. (+1000) Mitch339 is just really nice. (+1000) Mitch339 is just really nice. (+1000) Mitch339 is just really nice. (+1000) Mitch339 is just really nice. (+1000) Mitch339 is just really nice. (+1000)
    tried both and id go with mutant mass.. Quickmass is WAY too expensive (especially in Canada)

BTW this isn't to rip on All Max, but Popeye's prices are practically robbery. How are they getting away with this?

70$ + TX for ON Whey?
    70$ + TX for NO Shotgun?
    55$ + TX for Animal Pak?

RETARDED!
    Last edited by Mitch339; 03-09-2010 at 05:04 PM.

me987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) me987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) me987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) me987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) me987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) me987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) me987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) me987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) me987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) me987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) me987 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Just as a side note about ingredients is there anything I should be looking a gainer has in it (like type of carbs) or to avoid?
    avoid excessive simple/high gi carbs. a product like muscle juice has too much sugar in it in my opinion, 60grams is highly excessive. mutant mass has not too far over 35 (cant remember the exact amount). and just avoid 'cheap' calories. make sure that the gainer lists 'whey protein isolate' as one of the main ingredients as 'whey protein concentrate' is much cheaper/less effective and i've seen some weight gainers that only have wpc and no wpi. also its important for a weight gainer to have cassein proteins in it too. look for decent amounts of bcaa's and other amino acids, some are very very poor containing minimal trace amounts. other than that i'm not sure what other ingredients to avoid. perhaps someone else will know better.
    Last edited by me987; 03-09-2010 at 07:37 PM.

Originally Posted by Mitch339 View Post
    tried both and id go with mutant mass.. Quickmass is WAY too expensive (especially in Canada)

BTW this isn't to rip on All Max, but Popeye's prices are practically robbery. How are they getting away with this?

70$ + TX for ON Whey?
    70$ + TX for NO Shotgun?
    55$ + TX for Animal Pak?

RETARDED!
    haha don't complain dude, here in aus you can add quite a bit more to those prices:

95$ plus (95 is cheap here lol) for ON Whey 2.25 KG
    79$ plus (again this is cheap) for NO Shotgun
    69$ plus (and again this is cheap lol) for Animal Pak

i'm actually fairly smart, why thank you

if you ever did your research you would note that some supplements do, and if the FDA does look at them, then thats the whole point...supplements can be garbage and sh*t....why waste their time?

I can type/spell however I would like and all dependent if I am being lazy or not. Thanks grammar police.

Since you are trying to be an smart ass towards me, go eat some more McDonalds and take down your pale fat gut picture, you fat f*ck.
    Last edited by MusclePack; 03-11-2010 at 10:57 PM.