Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    BodybyChina will become famous soon enough. (+50) BodybyChina will become famous soon enough. (+50) BodybyChina will become famous soon enough. (+50) BodybyChina will become famous soon enough. (+50) BodybyChina will become famous soon enough. (+50) BodybyChina will become famous soon enough. (+50) BodybyChina will become famous soon enough. (+50) BodybyChina will become famous soon enough. (+50) BodybyChina will become famous soon enough. (+50) BodybyChina will become famous soon enough. (+50) BodybyChina will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Travel, living and other stuff bout China

Misc, Some people have been asking me about China, well because I live here. If your not interested, oh well. If you have any questions I will answer them as honestly as i can, even the stupid ones.

To Start, I have been here working for five years, too long if you ask me. I would say if you want to work here, come for 1-2years, after that it wont be so fun.

Here are some questions that were asked already, if you have more, come at me bro!

1. My Educational backround? I am TESOL Certified, thats about it. You dont have to be overly educated to get a job here, Korea and Japan are different. I have been able to move my way up the food chain through people I have met and my ability to speak.

2. Is China safe to travel or live in? Yes, travellers are very well protected and usually dont have many problems, the police do not go out of there way to give you any problems. You are free to do almost anything you want. My first two months here all I did was get drunk and bang dirties. Plus, all youth hostels have English speaking staff and almost every club and bar have an English menu. The only problem is eating, most places dont have English menu's, but trust me you dont want to eat there anyways. I have been here 5years and never had a run in with the government or police. Travellers have the same freedoms you have back home, if you live here, its a little different. But they will tell you what you can and cant get away with.

3. Chinese cities and places to go....... wow, so many. Go to Chinagrooves.com and you will find lots of stuff.

4. Hot Chinese women.... there are tons and tons and tons of bangin chicks here. Every where you go you will see them. If you are into asian women, this is the place. I will snap some shots of my students when they get back from holiday and you can decide. One of the classes I teach is all models(though some are not hot), so I will post when I can.

deathmessiah will become famous soon enough. (+50) deathmessiah will become famous soon enough. (+50) deathmessiah will become famous soon enough. (+50) deathmessiah will become famous soon enough. (+50) deathmessiah will become famous soon enough. (+50) deathmessiah will become famous soon enough. (+50) deathmessiah will become famous soon enough. (+50) deathmessiah will become famous soon enough. (+50) deathmessiah will become famous soon enough. (+50) deathmessiah will become famous soon enough. (+50) deathmessiah will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    is rape legal in china?

Bear Grylls will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bear Grylls will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bear Grylls will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bear Grylls will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bear Grylls will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bear Grylls will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bear Grylls will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bear Grylls will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bear Grylls will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bear Grylls will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bear Grylls will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What are the job prospects like other than teaching English?

What is your putonghua like? Smashed any students yet?

Oh_Hai_Guize is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oh_Hai_Guize is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oh_Hai_Guize is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oh_Hai_Guize is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oh_Hai_Guize is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oh_Hai_Guize is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oh_Hai_Guize is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oh_Hai_Guize is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oh_Hai_Guize is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oh_Hai_Guize is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oh_Hai_Guize is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by deathmessiah View Post
    is rape legal in china?
    Strong first question.

Pls answer OP

initialize is just really nice. (+1000) initialize is just really nice. (+1000) initialize is just really nice. (+1000) initialize is just really nice. (+1000) initialize is just really nice. (+1000) initialize is just really nice. (+1000) initialize is just really nice. (+1000) initialize is just really nice. (+1000) initialize is just really nice. (+1000) initialize is just really nice. (+1000) initialize is just really nice. (+1000)
    Do they really eat cats and dogs? If so, that is disgusting

BodybyChina will become famous soon enough. (+50) BodybyChina will become famous soon enough. (+50) BodybyChina will become famous soon enough. (+50) BodybyChina will become famous soon enough. (+50) BodybyChina will become famous soon enough. (+50) BodybyChina will become famous soon enough. (+50) BodybyChina will become famous soon enough. (+50) BodybyChina will become famous soon enough. (+50) BodybyChina will become famous soon enough. (+50) BodybyChina will become famous soon enough. (+50) BodybyChina will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by deathmessiah View Post
    is rape legal in china?
    Not sure........never seen a rape case on news or a news paper. Let me give it a try and I'll get back to you.

Originally Posted by Bear Grylls View Post
    What are the job prospects like other than teaching English?

What is your putonghua like? Smashed any students yet?
    Other prospects depend on what languages you speak, most other jobs besides teaching are translating or something similar. But if you want to open a business, you can. And my Mandarin is pretty good, probably not as good as it should be after being here for five years. No havent smashed any students, Im married now, but I did a lot of smashing before that.

Originally Posted by initialize View Post
    Do they really eat cats and dogs? If so, that is disgusting
    Cats are a no, dogs are a yes.

iamtough is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iamtough is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iamtough is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iamtough is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iamtough is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iamtough is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iamtough is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iamtough is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iamtough is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iamtough is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iamtough is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    How much you making per month? Also what's the price of hookers?

lems has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lems has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lems has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lems has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lems has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lems has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lems has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lems has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lems has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lems has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lems has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    how did you get the idea to work in china?

tnjed is on a distinguished road. (+10) tnjed is on a distinguished road. (+10) tnjed is on a distinguished road. (+10) tnjed is on a distinguished road. (+10) tnjed is on a distinguished road. (+10) tnjed is on a distinguished road. (+10) tnjed is on a distinguished road. (+10) tnjed is on a distinguished road. (+10) tnjed is on a distinguished road. (+10) tnjed is on a distinguished road. (+10) tnjed is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    this thread is relevant to my interests

spent 3 wks in China while in school . . . loved it and swore to go live there for awhile one day (haven't yet - have lost some motivation)

what's your age? I'm 29 - feel like time is running out (w/ career etc)
    did you speak Mandarin before moving there?
    how did you get/find your job?
    did you marry a Chinese woman?

I fkin loved China - some people I knew visited and just thought it was dirty - I loved the people, the women (yur right about this one), the culture

thanks for the answers

Originally Posted by iamtough View Post
    How much you making per month? Also what's the price of hookers?
    Right now I have two full times and a part time job, so I take home(no tax) 14,500yuan a month, its about ($2200CDN) Hookers....depends on what quality you want. Anywhere from 100yuan to 5000yuan, but they honestly dont look much different. The expensive ones are just in hotels, the cheap ones have shops on the street.

Originally Posted by lems View Post
    how did you get the idea to work in china?
    Wanted to go to as far away from home as I could before I finished school. China was cheaper then Korea and Japan and has cold winters. So I came here.

John_Tram is on a distinguished road. (+10) John_Tram is on a distinguished road. (+10) John_Tram is on a distinguished road. (+10) John_Tram is on a distinguished road. (+10) John_Tram is on a distinguished road. (+10) John_Tram is on a distinguished road. (+10) John_Tram is on a distinguished road. (+10) John_Tram is on a distinguished road. (+10) John_Tram is on a distinguished road. (+10) John_Tram is on a distinguished road. (+10) John_Tram is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    is your wife from China and can you post a picture of her?

kilo1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kilo1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kilo1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kilo1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kilo1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kilo1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kilo1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kilo1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kilo1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kilo1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kilo1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have been 2 years in the army, 2 more to go before my contract is up.

What jobs can I qualify for?

Originally Posted by John_Tram View Post
    is your wife from China and can you post a picture of her?
    Ya, my wifes Chinese. Pics, lol, shes five months preggers if you want to see that?

Originally Posted by kilo1 View Post
    I have been 2 years in the army, 2 more to go before my contract is up.

What jobs can I qualify for?
    If your a native English speaker, mostly just English teaching jobs. Depends on your education.

kilo1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kilo1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kilo1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kilo1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kilo1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kilo1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kilo1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kilo1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kilo1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kilo1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kilo1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by BodybyChina View Post
    If your a native English speaker, mostly just English teaching jobs. Depends on your education.
    Nah English is not my native language, but I'm pretty much fluent in it. No education.

iamtough is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iamtough is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iamtough is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iamtough is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iamtough is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iamtough is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iamtough is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iamtough is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iamtough is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iamtough is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iamtough is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Nah English is not my native language, but I'm pretty much fluent in it. No education.
    Same.

I always wanted to live in China, but can't think of something I could do there.

feels bad man

burlyman619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) burlyman619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) burlyman619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) burlyman619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) burlyman619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) burlyman619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) burlyman619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) burlyman619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) burlyman619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) burlyman619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) burlyman619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    how much do those kids that make toys for 15 hours a day make?
    I am currently prepping for a Bodybuilding show, follow my journey :

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163848201

Cynic09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cynic09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cynic09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cynic09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cynic09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cynic09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cynic09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cynic09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cynic09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cynic09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cynic09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    pix of ur hot pregnant wife.

daveh6091 will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveh6091 will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveh6091 will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveh6091 will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveh6091 will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveh6091 will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveh6091 will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveh6091 will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveh6091 will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveh6091 will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveh6091 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    pictures of wife? Also does she cook and clean and is very obedient?

SpiderWolf is not very helpful. (-500) SpiderWolf is not very helpful. (-500) SpiderWolf is not very helpful. (-500) SpiderWolf is not very helpful. (-500) SpiderWolf is not very helpful. (-500) SpiderWolf is not very helpful. (-500) SpiderWolf is not very helpful. (-500) SpiderWolf is not very helpful. (-500) SpiderWolf is not very helpful. (-500) SpiderWolf is not very helpful. (-500) SpiderWolf is not very helpful. (-500)
    Yo OP i have a friend over there now teaching english but the dude has a degree

What are the real chances of someone like me (no degree) just taking a TEFL course and going over there and landing a job ?? Also how easy is it to sort out a visa? How long do they last? Can you live comfortably out there on an teacher wage?

Great thread btw

Whats your native language? Do you live in an English speaking country?
    Same.

I always wanted to live in China, but can't think of something I could do there.

feels bad man
    Same questions as above

Originally Posted by Vang530 View Post
    yes pics
    Alright, I'll see what I can do tommorow

Whats your native language? Do you live in an English speaking country?

Same questions as above

Alright, I'll see what I can do tommorow
    German, living in Germany.

Originally Posted by burlyman619 View Post
    how much do those kids that make toys for 15 hours a day make?
    hmmmmmmmm......thats more to the south of where I am, but I would say 500yuan a month
    Originally Posted by daveh6091 View Post
    pictures of wife? Also does she cook and clean and is very obedient?
    I'll post pics of wife tommorow. She is a ****ty cook, I dont like Chinese food(but I do like Canadian Chinese food) She cleans but not very well, obedient? She knows who wears the pants.
    Originally Posted by SpiderWolf View Post
    Yo OP i have a friend over there now teaching english but the dude has a degree

What are the real chances of someone like me (no degree) just taking a TEFL course and going over there and landing a job ?? Also how easy is it to sort out a visa? How long do they last? Can you live comfortably out there on an teacher wage?

Great thread btw
    You dont need to get a TEFL or TESOL to get a job here, it does help though. If you get a job here your school will hook up your visa for you, you can get anywhere from 3months to 1year, it all depends on the contract you sign. I do my own visa though, its a hell of a lot better. You live like a rockstar on a teachers wage, as long as you dont live in the big cities like Beijing or Shanghai, smaller like mine(8.5mill people) What city is your friend in?

25 sitting on 25 mill RICKY_BOBBY's Avatar
    RICKY_BOBBY is a name known to all. (+5000) RICKY_BOBBY is a name known to all. (+5000) RICKY_BOBBY is a name known to all. (+5000) RICKY_BOBBY is a name known to all. (+5000) RICKY_BOBBY is a name known to all. (+5000) RICKY_BOBBY is a name known to all. (+5000) RICKY_BOBBY is a name known to all. (+5000) RICKY_BOBBY is a name known to all. (+5000) RICKY_BOBBY is a name known to all. (+5000) RICKY_BOBBY is a name known to all. (+5000) RICKY_BOBBY is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Brah if I have a B.S. in Accounting but cannot speak a lick of chinese.. what types of jobs can I do?

Right now I have two full times and a part time job, so I take home(no tax) 14,500yuan a month, its about ($2200CDN) Hookers....depends on what quality you want. Anywhere from 100yuan to 5000yuan, but they honestly dont look much different. The expensive ones are just in hotels, the cheap ones have shops on the street.
    I don't get it brah you work 3 jobs and only make 2,200 gs a month cot damn that sounds sucky. What's rent over there?
    "I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people."

-Abraham Lincoln

German, living in Germany.
    Possible to get a job teaching English, its just harder. My buddy is Swiss and teaches English, you just gotta find a school. Its also possible to find a school where you can teach German.

dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Do you have a recommendation on a school to study Chinese full time, in an area of China with decent weather and low pollution, where cost of living and tuition is low?

I generally live in Korea, however I'm back in Canada right now. I was thinking, for the cold winter break in Korea between semesters, I might like to study Chinese in China.
    10 years Miscing

NeverGymLess is just really nice. (+1000) NeverGymLess is just really nice. (+1000) NeverGymLess is just really nice. (+1000) NeverGymLess is just really nice. (+1000) NeverGymLess is just really nice. (+1000) NeverGymLess is just really nice. (+1000) NeverGymLess is just really nice. (+1000) NeverGymLess is just really nice. (+1000) NeverGymLess is just really nice. (+1000) NeverGymLess is just really nice. (+1000) NeverGymLess is just really nice. (+1000)
    hmmmmmmmm......thats more to the south of where I am, but I would say 500yuan a month

I'll post pics of wife tommorow. She is a ****ty cook, I dont like Chinese food(but I do like Canadian Chinese food) She cleans but not very well, obedient? She knows who wears the pants.

You dont need to get a TEFL or TESOL to get a job here, it does help though. If you get a job here your school will hook up your visa for you, you can get anywhere from 3months to 1year, it all depends on the contract you sign. I do my own visa though, its a hell of a lot better. You live like a rockstar on a teachers wage, as long as you dont live in the big cities like Beijing or Shanghai, smaller like mine(8.5mill people) What city is your friend in?
    Hmm, have you been to SE Asia brah ? and if you have how do the prices compare ?

At the moment im saving up to spend 4 to 6 months in Asia. Fly into Thailand and do the pancake trail and maybe add in one of these country's China/India or japan.

SpiderWolf is not very helpful. (-500) SpiderWolf is not very helpful. (-500) SpiderWolf is not very helpful. (-500) SpiderWolf is not very helpful. (-500) SpiderWolf is not very helpful. (-500) SpiderWolf is not very helpful. (-500) SpiderWolf is not very helpful. (-500) SpiderWolf is not very helpful. (-500) SpiderWolf is not very helpful. (-500) SpiderWolf is not very helpful. (-500) SpiderWolf is not very helpful. (-500)
    He is teaching in Yangzhou in the Jiangsu province where ever that is?? lol

So did you just turn up as a native english speaker and visit schools and land a job that way? What visa did you apply for when you first went out here?? What ur doing is so cool man id go for it right now if i knew i was able to land a job when i got there TEFL or no TEFL

edit: Also is it an advantage to take basic mandarin lessons before you go or does it not really matter?

dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by NeverGymLess View Post
    Hmm, have you been to SE Asia brah ? and if you have how do the prices compare ?

At the moment im saving up to spend 4 to 6 months in Asia. Fly into Thailand and do the pancake trail and maybe add in one of these country's China/India or japan.
    I've been to both, I'd say Thailand is marginally cheaper, but it really depends where you are. It also depends on what you like.
    10 years Miscing

Originally Posted by SpiderWolf View Post
    edit: Also is it an advantage to take basic mandarin lessons before you go or does it not really matter?
    It's obviously an advantage to speak as much mandarin as possible before going to a country where all the citizens speak mandarin.
    10 years Miscing

Originally Posted by dixon View Post
    It's obviously an advantage to speak as much mandarin as possible before going to a country where all the citizens speak mandarin.
    I meant in the respect of getting a job man