john127 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

question about A Simple Beginner's Routine

so I'm just getting starting with weight lifting and this is my first post here.

What do I do if my heaviest starting weight is just the bar? Like for military press and barbell curls I can only do 8 reps of the bar (45lb). I can't lighten the weight by 10% and 20% on the 2nd and third workout days of the weekend and can't do lighter warmups. What should I do?

thanks in advance!

princesoni has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) princesoni has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) princesoni has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) princesoni has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) princesoni has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) princesoni has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) princesoni has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) princesoni has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) princesoni has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) princesoni has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) princesoni has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    that is not an issue, as you said that you just started weight lifting, your muscles will just get used to it, maybe after 1-2 weeks you would love to put 20-40 lbs more weight to that bar instead of removing.
    learn how to lost 42 lbs in just 1 month visit- www.myhealthyuniverse.blogspot.com

john127 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    so I would just do the same weight (the bar) for all the 3 workout days? Also should I do 2 sets or 4 sets with that weight?

gmaki will become famous soon enough. (+50) gmaki will become famous soon enough. (+50) gmaki will become famous soon enough. (+50) gmaki will become famous soon enough. (+50) gmaki will become famous soon enough. (+50) gmaki will become famous soon enough. (+50) gmaki will become famous soon enough. (+50) gmaki will become famous soon enough. (+50) gmaki will become famous soon enough. (+50) gmaki will become famous soon enough. (+50) gmaki will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by john127 View Post
    so I would just do the same weight (the bar) for all the 3 workout days? Also should I do 2 sets or 4 sets with that weight?
    Well really I am not qualified to answer this but I won't let that stop me. For the REAL answer you should ask in the APBR thread and you'll get an answer from AllPro himself.

However, if it were me in your situation, I would probably only do one warmup set with the bar... especially for curls which come at the end of your workout. Frankly sometimes I skip the curl warmups altogether, especially on Fridays. Biceps are good and warmed up by then anyway.

However, I can't recommend shortcutting warmups on overhead presses as it seems you are risking a shoulder injury and RC issues. It does come in the second half of the routine though so you ARE warmed up. Have to see what AP says.

And yes just do the same weight for all three days until you progress enough to go 100/90/80.

I would also look into acquiring an EZcurl bar for curls which can be had pretty cheap and usually will weigh only around 15 lbs, giving you a lot more options.
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    My 2010 workout journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121701331

My CKD log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120065781 (complete)