hkhc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hkhc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hkhc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hkhc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hkhc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hkhc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hkhc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hkhc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hkhc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hkhc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hkhc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Nolvadex for gyno?

AFter been careful with all the suppliments I've used over the past ten years, I made a school boy errors. After losing a lot of hair my doc prescribed me Propecia. I guess as DHT has been inhibited that my estrogen levels got ramped up and I ended up with gyno in the past few days....

I've now quit the drug...and while my knowledge is poor am I right in assuming my DHT levels will be higher than normal once they come back online for first few weeks? I know a lot of people use Nolvadex for a few months and sucessfully lose their gyno....but I'd like to know what effect this would have on DHT levels....I'd rather have mild gyno than go bald!

Thanks
    Real men deadlift.

ElbowBiter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ElbowBiter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ElbowBiter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ElbowBiter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ElbowBiter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ElbowBiter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ElbowBiter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ElbowBiter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ElbowBiter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ElbowBiter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ElbowBiter is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by hkhc View Post
    AFter been careful with all the suppliments I've used over the past ten years, I made a school boy errors. After losing a lot of hair my doc prescribed me Propecia. I guess as DHT has been inhibited that my estrogen levels got ramped up and I ended up with gyno in the past few days....

I've now quit the drug...and while my knowledge is poor am I right in assuming my DHT levels will be higher than normal once they come back online for first few weeks? I know a lot of people use Nolvadex for a few months and sucessfully lose their gyno....but I'd like to know what effect this would have on DHT levels....I'd rather have mild gyno than go bald!

Thanks
    I have no idea what Propecia is, but if you had hair loss you may have too high of DHT levels so if it lowers/blocks DHT then your estrogen will start to go out of wack. I dont believe doctors will ever prescribe S.E.R.M's to block your estrogen unless you have breast cancer, so you might want to look into getting nolva or another S.E.R.M. some other way. Nolvedex wont get rid of gyno, maybe a S.E.R.M. would help, but besides that you're going to have to get surgery if you really want it gone.

-Elbow Biter
    I'll bite the **** outta ur elbows bro, so just +rep me.

Starting Weight: 136 lbs Panabol's Avatar
    Panabol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Panabol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Panabol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Panabol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Panabol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Panabol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Panabol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Panabol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Panabol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Panabol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Panabol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Thanks
    Originally Posted by ElbowBiter View Post
    I have no idea what Propecia is, but if you had hair loss you may have too high of DHT levels so if it lowers/blocks DHT then your estrogen will start to go out of wack. I dont believe doctors will ever prescribe S.E.R.M's to block your estrogen unless you have breast cancer, so you might want to look into getting nolva or another S.E.R.M. some other way. Nolvedex wont get rid of gyno, maybe a S.E.R.M. would help, but besides that you're going to have to get surgery if you really want it gone.

-Elbow Biter
    I'll beg you for reps, so just +rep me.
    ... yeah I found this post useless too. "I have no idea what you took but something may or may not help" GJDM.

I don't think gyno is reversible, but go see your doc and tell him about the symptons and ask him about an estrogen blocker/natural test booster. He could prescribe one to try to lessen the effect of it.
    Rep Back 2k+ only

hkhc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hkhc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hkhc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hkhc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hkhc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hkhc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hkhc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hkhc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hkhc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hkhc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hkhc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    propecia is finasteride, It works by inhibiting type II 5-alpha reductase....an enzyme that converts test to DHT. Gyno is a common side effect.

I've read numerous studies showing that tamoxifen (nolvadex) taken over a month can significantly reduce gyno.

My question is if I do take it, what effect will it have on my DHT? I'm pressuming if I use nolva, my test will rocket and thus more will be converted to DHT. Am I correct?

I know Dio is the king with this kinda stuff, hopefully he will see this...

Thanks guys
    Real men deadlift.

Honkey_Kong is on a distinguished road. (+10) Honkey_Kong is on a distinguished road. (+10) Honkey_Kong is on a distinguished road. (+10) Honkey_Kong is on a distinguished road. (+10) Honkey_Kong is on a distinguished road. (+10) Honkey_Kong is on a distinguished road. (+10) Honkey_Kong is on a distinguished road. (+10) Honkey_Kong is on a distinguished road. (+10) Honkey_Kong is on a distinguished road. (+10) Honkey_Kong is on a distinguished road. (+10) Honkey_Kong is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ElbowBiter View Post

-Elbow Biter
    I'll bite the **** outta ur elbows bro, so just +rep me.
    Propecia and monoxidil are the only treatments recognized by the FDA to actually regrow hair.

As far as the original poster goes. I've been noticing the hair on my head thinning out too. There is NOTHING WRONG WITH BALD!!! Get a hat if you don't like it.

As far as your tits are concerned. Nolvadex doesn't really make it go away as it helps prevent gyno. From what I've read you'd be better off with Letro or clomid. But the bottomline is the only real way to get rid of it and be sure it's gone is to have surgery.

Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    Propecia and monoxidil are the only treatments recognized by the FDA to actually regrow hair.

As far as the original poster goes. I've been noticing the hair on my head thinning out too. There is NOTHING WRONG WITH BALD!!! Get a hat if you don't like it.

As far as your tits are concerned. Nolvadex doesn't really make it go away as it helps prevent gyno. From what I've read you'd be better off with Letro or clomid. But the bottomline is the only real way to get rid of it and be sure it's gone is to have surgery.
    LOL **** wearing a hat in a hong Kong summer.....Not worth going under the knife tbh, but if i can get away with a quick fix may as well try
    Real men deadlift.

Honkey_Kong is on a distinguished road. (+10) Honkey_Kong is on a distinguished road. (+10) Honkey_Kong is on a distinguished road. (+10) Honkey_Kong is on a distinguished road. (+10) Honkey_Kong is on a distinguished road. (+10) Honkey_Kong is on a distinguished road. (+10) Honkey_Kong is on a distinguished road. (+10) Honkey_Kong is on a distinguished road. (+10) Honkey_Kong is on a distinguished road. (+10) Honkey_Kong is on a distinguished road. (+10) Honkey_Kong is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    LOL **** wearing a hat in a hong Kong summer.....Not worth going under the knife tbh, but if i can get away with a quick fix may as well try
    Shave your head or get transplants. And by the way, I wear a baseball cap in the Las Vegas summers.

Registered Boss EntropyIncrease's Avatar
    EntropyIncrease is a name known to all. (+5000) EntropyIncrease is a name known to all. (+5000) EntropyIncrease is a name known to all. (+5000) EntropyIncrease is a name known to all. (+5000) EntropyIncrease is a name known to all. (+5000) EntropyIncrease is a name known to all. (+5000) EntropyIncrease is a name known to all. (+5000) EntropyIncrease is a name known to all. (+5000) EntropyIncrease is a name known to all. (+5000) EntropyIncrease is a name known to all. (+5000) EntropyIncrease is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If there is a gyno lump already there, nolva won't help much.

Cabergoline or letro is probably your best bet now. Unfortunately, the chances of removing it permanently by just using drugs aren't very good. There have been notable reductions reported, however.
    "Don't ask for a lighter load, ask for a stronger back."

If I buy milk from the grocery store and get it home only to realize that the jug is expiring tomorrow...I sure as hell am not driving to punch a farmer in the face and tip his cow over.

umcanesfan is on a distinguished road. (+10) umcanesfan is on a distinguished road. (+10) umcanesfan is on a distinguished road. (+10) umcanesfan is on a distinguished road. (+10) umcanesfan is on a distinguished road. (+10) umcanesfan is on a distinguished road. (+10) umcanesfan is on a distinguished road. (+10) umcanesfan is on a distinguished road. (+10) umcanesfan is on a distinguished road. (+10) umcanesfan is on a distinguished road. (+10) umcanesfan is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thanks
    pm'd you

drage2587 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hey man sounds pretty bad. if your doc prescribed you that stuff, go ask him for some femera. like the guy before me said, femera (letrozole) is prob. your best bet from here. either that or im not sure if arimadex would help you i think it might just block gyno symptoms but it is something to look into. tell me what you ended up doing

best of luck to you

Thanks for the replies, I'll finish my cut for the summer then go from there I guess.....
    Real men deadlift.