rjstef will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjstef will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjstef will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjstef will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjstef will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjstef will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjstef will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjstef will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjstef will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjstef will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjstef will become famous soon enough. (+50)

I'm addicted to Keto Breath

I love when I get deep into keto and get that weird fruity taste and smell in my mouth.

I'm not sure what other people think of it though, haven't gotten any comments yet. I didn't like it at first but now I love it. Tastes and smells like victory.

Anyone else like it too?
    Oil do it.

ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by rjstef View Post
    I love when I get deep into keto and get that weird fruity taste and smell in my mouth.

I'm not sure what other people think of it though, haven't gotten any comments yet. I didn't like it at first but now I love it. Tastes and smells like victory.

Anyone else like it too?

fruity? no clue what the hell you're talking about, my mouth tastes like ****.

angelpaws will become famous soon enough. (+50) angelpaws will become famous soon enough. (+50) angelpaws will become famous soon enough. (+50) angelpaws will become famous soon enough. (+50) angelpaws will become famous soon enough. (+50) angelpaws will become famous soon enough. (+50) angelpaws will become famous soon enough. (+50) angelpaws will become famous soon enough. (+50) angelpaws will become famous soon enough. (+50) angelpaws will become famous soon enough. (+50) angelpaws will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Keto breath isn't meant to smell 'fruity'. Do you have diabetes?

A fruity odor to the breath occurs as the body attempts to get rid of excess acetone through the breathing. This is a characteristic sign of ketoacidosis, which may occur in diabetes, and is a potentially life-threatening condition.
    It's completely difference from ketosis, downright dangerous.

Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by rjstef View Post

Anyone else like it too?
    Your breath smells like gay?

redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by angelpaws View Post
    Keto breath isn't meant to smell 'fruity'. Do you have diabetes?

A fruity odor to the breath occurs as the body attempts to get rid of excess acetone through the breathing. This is a characteristic sign of ketoacidosis, which may occur in diabetes, and is a potentially life-threatening condition.
    It's completely difference from ketosis, downright dangerous.
    That's exactly what I was thinking. The only time my breath smells sweet is when I've overdone it with artificial sweeteners. Other than that...no.

Good call.

Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000)
    So, apart from the health concerns, how is keto breath from ketoacidosis different from keto breath from dietary ketosis?
    "Arterial plaque is primarily composed of unsaturated fats particularly polyunsaturated ones." (Felton, C V, et al, Lancet, 1994, 344:1195)

How to bulk: http://70sbig.com/food/

Diet = http://i52.tinypic.com/21bhop.png
    ...or something like this daily. Problem? ;)

FFMI = 24

nyceboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nyceboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nyceboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nyceboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nyceboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nyceboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nyceboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nyceboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nyceboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nyceboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nyceboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    lamesauce
    A dreamcatcher works, if your dream is to be gay.

Ketogenic and Bionic. BritishFighter's Avatar
    BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Angel, Ketosis is known to produce bad breath, because of the raised acidity of the body, and because of the excretion of Ketones in urine and the small amount that is expelled in our breath. It's no big deal.

Having said that, my Fiance isn't a fan of Keto breath! :-)

www.undergroundnutritionist.com

bobcat11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bobcat11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bobcat11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bobcat11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bobcat11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bobcat11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bobcat11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bobcat11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bobcat11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bobcat11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bobcat11 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i love it when my piss reaks up the bathroom too.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer.

skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If you like that, you'll LOVE these chewable batteries....
    I've gained and lost over 100lbs more times than any man alive should. Do as I say and not as I do.

DarrenT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DarrenT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DarrenT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DarrenT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    am i the only one actually concerned here? i hope this guy reads up on what some of you have mentioned above. sounds like there "could" be an issue here?
    "You can't answer every question, but you question every answer."

ItalWHOP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ItalWHOP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ItalWHOP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ItalWHOP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ItalWHOP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ItalWHOP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ItalWHOP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ItalWHOP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ItalWHOP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ItalWHOP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ItalWHOP is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/sympto...our/causes.htm

This is normal for some people on keto.

In fact, I read an article once of someone failing a breathalyzer due to the acetone from eating low carb.

BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    HA!!!

Low-carb breathalyzer FAIL! That's funny.

ItalWHOP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ItalWHOP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ItalWHOP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ItalWHOP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ItalWHOP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ItalWHOP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ItalWHOP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ItalWHOP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ItalWHOP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ItalWHOP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ItalWHOP is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by BritishFighter View Post
    HA!!!

Low-carb breathalyzer FAIL! That's funny.
    http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/u...-breathalyzer/

Not only was that a very funny cautionary tale, it was also a very informative read. Another one to add to my Pro Low-carb folder!

angelpaws will become famous soon enough. (+50) angelpaws will become famous soon enough. (+50) angelpaws will become famous soon enough. (+50) angelpaws will become famous soon enough. (+50) angelpaws will become famous soon enough. (+50) angelpaws will become famous soon enough. (+50) angelpaws will become famous soon enough. (+50) angelpaws will become famous soon enough. (+50) angelpaws will become famous soon enough. (+50) angelpaws will become famous soon enough. (+50) angelpaws will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Exclamation Misconceptions...

Originally Posted by Atavis View Post
    So, apart from the health concerns, how is keto breath from ketoacidosis different from keto breath from dietary ketosis?
    'Keto breath' is very different from the fruity smelling breath of a diabetic entering ketoacidosis.
    Ketosis breath smells foul and it leaves a funky (metallic almost) taste in your mouth. Ketoacidic breath smells fruity,tastes fruity.

There are two types of ketosis, and they are often confused. You have your benign dietary ketosis (which is the CKD,TKD) in which. " Dietary ketosis is merely the burning of fat stores and is a natural state which occurs whenever we burn stored fat which can result from diet and exercise. While there are forms of ketosis related to some health problems, benign ketosis is a natural state experienced in fasting, prolonged exercise and high fat diets (41)."

On the other hand there is Ketoacidosis, which is experienced by diabetics. The same processes as mentioned above, but it is very dangerous. This is because the diabetic's body cannot regulated the amount of ketones produced and is also unable to get rid of them. Due to the acidity, the PH of the blood decreases. As previously stated; THIS IS VERY DANGEROUS.

The OP stated his breath was fruity, a symtom of ketoacidosis and that is why I raised concerns. He could have potentially embarked on a keto diet as we all did, but if his body is unable to regulate and dispose of the ketones via urine then he could be getting himself into trouble.

Still confused? Watch this:
    http://www.megavideos.in/Atkins-Diet...l_ddr8hsI.html

Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000)
    'Keto breath' is very different from the fruity smelling breath of a diabetic entering ketoacidosis.
    Ketosis breath smells foul and it leaves a funky (metallic almost) taste in your mouth. Ketoacidic breath smells fruity,tastes fruity.

Still confused? Watch this:
    http://www.megavideos.in/Atkins-Diet...l_ddr8hsI.html
    I am not confused.

Acetoacetate is converted into acetone and excreted in the breath and urine. This can result in the same fruity breath in both ketoacidosis and dietary ketosis.
    "Arterial plaque is primarily composed of unsaturated fats particularly polyunsaturated ones." (Felton, C V, et al, Lancet, 1994, 344:1195)

FFMI = 24

rjstef will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjstef will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjstef will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjstef will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjstef will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjstef will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjstef will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjstef will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjstef will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjstef will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjstef will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Symptoms of Ketosis at the very bottom:
    http://www.carbs-information.com/ketosis.htm

Dr. Atkins himself described ketosis breath as being "sweet" and almost metallic.

Ketones are naturally removed through the lungs and you all may want to check out the part where it describes the difference between ketosis and ketoacidosis.

I'm not a diabetic.
    Oil do it.

kenonator is a name known to all. (+5000) kenonator is a name known to all. (+5000) kenonator is a name known to all. (+5000) kenonator is a name known to all. (+5000) kenonator is a name known to all. (+5000) kenonator is a name known to all. (+5000) kenonator is a name known to all. (+5000) kenonator is a name known to all. (+5000) kenonator is a name known to all. (+5000) kenonator is a name known to all. (+5000) kenonator is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by redheadlaw7 View Post
    That's exactly what I was thinking. The only time my breath smells sweet is when I've overdone it with artificial sweeteners. Other than that...no.

Good call.
    OT but do you change your avi every day?

Ok....I think we all understand the differences in Ketosis and Ketoacidosis....but what we're talking about is the smell/taste of someone's breath which is highly subjective. I think that rjstef is most likely not developing Diabetes, and we all know what Keto breath is like.......

But......just to err on the side of caution, maybe it would be a good idea for rjstef to get tested, just to be sure......and to settle the minds of the more worrisome amongst us ;-)

Originally Posted by BritishFighter View Post
    Ok....I think we all understand the differences in Ketosis and Ketoacidosis....but what we're talking about is the smell/taste of someone's breath which is highly subjective. I think that rjstef is most likely not developing Diabetes, and we all know what Keto breath is like.......

But......just to err on the side of caution, maybe it would be a good idea for rjstef to get tested, just to be sure......and to settle the minds of the more worrisome amongst us ;-)
    Ok, I'll swing by the student health office and see if they will give me a blood panel. Then I'll scan and post the results here once I get them.
    Oil do it.

AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It took me less than 48 hours (ketostix validated) to get back into keto after not doing it for uhm 8 months..

I never get any keto breath (unless Im water fasting which I generally dont do these days).

my urine on the other hand.. smells.

AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

btw..

If the OP was type 1 diabetic and has been doing keto diet, he'd probably would have had to be in ER or something or close to it

Type 2 actually can be reversed on a low carb diet.

Originally Posted by AnyaBailey View Post
    It took me less than 48 hours (ketostix validated) to get back into keto after not doing it for uhm 8 months..

I never get any keto breath (unless Im water fasting which I generally dont do these days).

my urine on the other hand.. smells.
    Yes my breath doesn't smell like anything. Maybe it's because I smoke so I attribute bad breath to that and brush or chew some gum. MY urine is strooooong though.

Atavis: I didn't mean to say YOU were confused bro I attached that with the link as a sideline to all in case my post was er...confusing haha.

But anyway good looks ya'll. I always say better safe than sorry. Be well.

Atavis: I didn't mean to say YOU were confused bro I attached that with the link as a sideline to all in case my post was er...confusing haha.
    Oh. Okay then. You got me. haha I was all

FFMI = 24

Originally Posted by Atavis View Post
    Oh. Okay then. You got me. haha I was all
    Haha. Nooooo sir. I'm With coco.

I'm going to try to get a blood panel tomorrow to put this ketoacidosis concern to rest. Here's some interesting reading as well..

Breath acetone is a reliable indicator of ketosis in adults consuming ketogenic meals:
    http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/content/full/76/1/65
    Oil do it.

petitemofo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) petitemofo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) petitemofo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) petitemofo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) petitemofo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) petitemofo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) petitemofo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) petitemofo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) petitemofo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) petitemofo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) petitemofo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    This is absolutely normal. I actually gauge my glycogen status by smelling my breath during cardio. The biology behind it is as follows:

Once you burn off all your glycogen (carb stores), you start using fat for energy. These fatty acids usually enter a "Kreb's" or "TCA" cycle in your cells' mitochondria to generate ATP (for energy). However, if you are breaking down too much fat and overwhelm your mitochondria, an enzyme called HMG CoA Synthase breaks down the excess fatty acids into "KETONE BODIES" (Acetoacetate and Beta-Hydroxybuterate are the names of these Ketone bodies). Acetoacetate is unstable and gets broken down into Acetone (HAS A FRUITY SMELL) and Carbondioxide. You then get rid of acetone by breathing it out of your lungs. Thus the fruity breath.

This is normal if:
    - you eat only fats and protein, then break down fats for energy faster than your mitochondria can handle. Once you start eating carbs, your body should use carbs and stop producing acetone. This is a sign that you are healthy.
    - you are starving (thus glycogen stores are depleted), and start using stored fat faster than your mitochondria can handle

This is sign of disease if:
    - you are diabetic (dont make insulin, or muscles do not respond to insulin) and can not shuttle ingested carbs into your muscles. In this case, even if you eat carbs, they can not be used for energy. Hence you use fat, and breaking down fat faster than your mitochondria can use in the TCA/Krebs cycle will predispose you to make LOTS of ketone bodies. Ketone bodies are acidic, and if you keep producing them for a long period of time, you get ketoACIDOSIS, a life-threatening situation.

Hope that helped.